Anavar and depro vera weight gain

Haggiss

Haggiss

Awards
Hi everyone. I am new here. I started a cycle on anavar about 6 weeks ago. During two of those weeks I also decided to add clenbuterol for a two week cycle.

I am a track athlete ( was professional many moons ago) now just run socially and do endurance running and marathons as well as strength training. I have always been athletically built. I noticed with the depro vera shot( which i had never had before) I have gained weight especially in my stomach. I feel stronger on the anavar and have toned up but my stomach has never been this big. Its not huge but to me its not what i am used to since I had the shot. I train high intensity 6 x a week. My body is constantly sore and legs feel heavy. My running ability has decreased in that I can usually easily run 21km at 4.15/km now I am dead at 6km and cant run faster than 5.10/km. I am 167m tall and weigh 54kg and I am 42 years old. I am now wanting to up the dose of anavar to 20mg. My depro vera shot will be out my system at the end of April and I wont be having another one as I have gained too much weight. Can anyone advise me if anavar actually works when on depro vera and will I get better results once the shot is out my system?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A couple of Important things to consider:

1. WTF is DV???

2. Anavar is an Anabolic. By Definition, it will make you gain muscle mass (weight).

Haggiss

Haggiss

Awards
A couple of Important things to consider:

1. WTF is DV???

2. Anavar is an Anabolic. By Definition, it will make you gain muscle mass (weight).
DEPRO Vera is a contraceptive injection. Since I started on it prior to using anavar I picked up weight. Depro Vera releases a lot of progesterone only into the system and has quite bad side effects one of which is increase in body fat and weight gain. Hence i was asking if anavar would actually work considering the amount of progesterone released from the injection.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
DEPRO Vera is a contraceptive injection. Since I started on it prior to using anavar I picked up weight. Depro Vera releases a lot of progesterone only into the system and has quite bad side effects one of which is increase in body fat and weight gain. Hence i was asking if anavar would actually work considering the amount of progesterone released from the injection.
Well, I addressed that to a small degree.
Anavar (all things being equal) will add weight, as it is an Anabolic.
But if your ratio of calorie intake to work output is favorable, the weight gain should be muscle, instead of fat.

Anavar isn't specifically an anti-Progesterone.
However it is a DHT, so it can help lean, and dry out the body (to a degree).

Progesterone can make you feel like crap....
Bloated, tired etc ....
Var could counteract that to a degree but the biggest help will be the effects of the shot clearing your system.

Please be careful with the Anavar, as it is also an Androgen, and it can cause male characteristics in the female body, such as Clitoral Enlargement, deepening of the voice, body and facial hair growth, etc...
If these occur, some will be irreversible.

Last edited: