Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
only a few will be picked, but remember-you don't have to hold a title to be helpful...:usa2:

HJH

Awards
Sweetlou, herderdude and hyde seem knowledgeable and helpful.

Also, I will toss my name in; however, I think the three above me are all successful, positive and active forces in this community.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love looking back at my post and face palming the lack of knowledge (and stupidity), even still, I'm sure I'll look back more in the future as I continue to grow and learn.
This right here is how you know jbry is trustworthy.

Always listen and pay attention to the people who aren't afraid to say "I don't know" or "I was wrong".

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, I'm usually wrong. I'm just good at pretending to know what I'm talking about. ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I'm usually wrong. I'm just good at pretending to know what I'm talking about. ;)
just to stay consistent i will disagree with this, lol!!!!:argue:

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Bump for more apps

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Jump on this great opportunity guys and gals. Who wouldn't want to rep for this site? AM is the place to be.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Jump on this great opportunity guys and gals. Who wouldn't want to rep for this site? AM is the place to be.
anabolicminds puts the AM in fAMily!!!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd definitely be interested in this great opportunity. I don't know as much as some of these guys, but try to educate myself daily.

I managed to lose over 100 lbs. since 2011, after being sedentary and obese my entire life. I actually lost about 115 lbs. at one point, but gained some muscle since then :D That same year (2011), I started lifting for the first time. It's never too late :)

There are some great applicants in here for sure!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'd definitely be interested in this great opportunity. I don't know as much as some of these guys, but try to educate myself daily.

I managed to lose over 100 lbs. since 2011, after being sedentary and obese my entire life. I actually lost about 115 lbs. at one point, but gained some muscle since then :D That same year (2011), I started lifting for the first time. It's never too late :)

There are some great applicants in here for sure!
i know i have said this before, but warrants saying again-CONGRATS!!!!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i know i have said this before, but warrants saying again-CONGRATS!!!!
Thanks, brother! Just trying to get stronger now. I think I am done with cutting, just trying to long-term recomp now :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, brother! Just trying to get stronger now. I think I am done with cutting, just trying to long-term recomp now :)
lol...i am on permanent recomp---who doesn't want less fat, more muscle!!!!

HJH

Awards
I would like to flesh my application out as I am fairly new to this forum. I am 23 years old and have been a major part of two other forums, including being strength certified on one, since 2009. I started weightlifting in highschool to try to improve in wrestling, but I quickly found that I enjoyed seeing my body grow and I found the variety of exercises to be much less monotonous than other physical tasks. I competed in highschool in the state of Florida, and if I can recall correctly, my best bench as a Junior was 290@154. Unfortunately, I broke some of my fingers senior year and did not have the opportunity to compete.

Still interested in lifting, I found out that there was a very prestigious powerlifting gym, Orlando Barbell, in my area. The owner, Brian Schwab, holds over 20 world records in different federations for raw, single ply and multi ply, and is a WPC champion. I guess I made an impression on him, and/or he is just a nice guy, because he offered me a job after a few months training there. I still work there today and have had the opportunity to meet and help hundreds, if not thousands, of lifters during my tenure there.

In addition to working at a powerlifting gym, I am also a poor college student. I am a double major in Exercise Physiology and Biology. Not many credits carry over, so I have quite a bit of school on my plate; however, I am almost done and I find that both have many ties to the lifestyle we are all a part of. Bommarito Performance Systems in Miami, which works with NFL players for the combine, was interested in me for a paid internship, but I was unable to follow up due to school and the distance it would take me from my home.

Competing has always been something that has interested me, and I continue to do it this day. I currently hold the USPA Junior 220 record in the squat, bench, deadlift and total record with a 568 squat, 391 bench, 617 deadlift for a 1576 total. I am currently 5 weeks out for a meet, RPS Redemption, where I hope to surpass those numbers at a weight class lower (198). My training partner during this time is a competitive bodybuilder who has been in the lifting scene for over twenty years.

I've both indirectly and directly helped many people in this field. I've put on nearly 200 pounds naturally on a guy's deadlift in four months (300-480 in competition) and I have multiple people texting me right now on how to peak for the Europa. I do this because I want to help, and I see this as the perfect opportunity to continue to do so. I've bashed a supplement company on this forum before for making outrageous and bogus supplement claims. I did this because I don't want to see anyone here spend their money or waste their time on something that isn't going to perform as advertised. I want everyone here to succeed, because in helping and teaching others, everyone benefits, whether it be from a motivational standpoint or the first hand knowledge to pass your means of success to another somewhere down the line.

Thank you for your time!

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Did I have to submit an actual application, or was stating my interest in the position enough?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would like to flesh my application out as I am fairly new to this forum. I am 23 years old and have been a major part of two other forums, including being strength certified on one, since 2009. I started weightlifting in highschool to try to improve in wrestling, but I quickly found that I enjoyed seeing my body grow and I found the variety of exercises to be much less monotonous than other physical tasks. I competed in highschool in the state of Florida, and if I can recall correctly, my best bench as a Junior was 290@154. Unfortunately, I broke some of my fingers senior year and did not have the opportunity to compete.

Still interested in lifting, I found out that there was a very prestigious powerlifting gym, Orlando Barbell, in my area. The owner, Brian Schwab, holds over 20 world records in different federations for raw, single ply and multi ply, and is a WPC champion. I guess I made an impression on him, and/or he is just a nice guy, because he offered me a job after a few months training there. I still work there today and have had the opportunity to meet and help hundreds, if not thousands, of lifters during my tenure there.

In addition to working at a powerlifting gym, I am also a poor college student. I am a double major in Exercise Physiology and Biology. Not many credits carry over, so I have quite a bit of school on my plate; however, I am almost done and I find that both have many ties to the lifestyle we are all a part of. Bommarito Performance Systems in Miami, which works with NFL players for the combine, was interested in me for a paid internship, but I was unable to follow up due to school and the distance it would take me from my home.

Competing has always been something that has interested me, and I continue to do it this day. I currently hold the USPA Junior 220 record in the squat, bench, deadlift and total record with a 568 squat, 391 bench, 617 deadlift for a 1576 total. I am currently 5 weeks out for a meet, RPS Redemption, where I hope to surpass those numbers at a weight class lower (198). My training partner during this time is a competitive bodybuilder who has been in the lifting scene for over twenty years.

I've both indirectly and directly helped many people in this field. I've put on nearly 200 pounds naturally on a guy's deadlift in four months (300-480 in competition) and I have multiple people texting me right now on how to peak for the Europa. I do this because I want to help, and I see this as the perfect opportunity to continue to do so. I've bashed a supplement company on this forum before for making outrageous and bogus supplement claims. I did this because I don't want to see anyone here spend their money or waste their time on something that isn't going to perform as advertised. I want everyone here to succeed, because in helping and teaching others, everyone benefits, whether it be from a motivational standpoint or the first hand knowledge to pass your means of success to another somewhere down the line.

Thank you for your time!
very impressive...regardless of if you get the position with experience/knowledge like this i would like to see you post more!!!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
very impressive...regardless of if you get the position with experience/knowledge like this i would like to see you post more!!!!
I agree, 10000000x!!! ?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
How fast would my app be rejected? What speed is "instantly?" Did Einstein calculate a formula for that?

And weren't there reps a while back like Solution, AaronJP, Spaniard?
I use to be one, but as Spaniard said at the time it was a conflict of interest.
So now AM reps can be affiliated with a company as well I'm guessing.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I use to be one, but as Spaniard said at the time it was a conflict of interest. So now AM reps can be affiliated with a company as well I'm guessing.
As we get no mod powers I see no issue

We just help out newcomers to feel welcome here and such

HJH

Awards
Thank you very much. I find myself posting here more and more than my other spots of interest and I will do so even more after finals and this meet. Both of those leave me a little selfish at this time. I am more than happy to share what I know and to learn from others around me. I am a firm believe in everyone having something worthwhile to say in a conversation.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
As we get no mod powers I see no issue

We just help out newcomers to feel welcome here and such
Yeah I was speaking of a previous time. I was actually honored when Admin approached me about it.
:thumbsup:

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Yeah I was speaking of a previous time. I was actually honored when Admin approached me about it. :thumbsup:
Yep I was saying why its good yo go now :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this does remind me, I need to spend more time here. I used to do this sort of thing all the time, try to help out the people just starting

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
this does remind me, I need to spend more time here. I used to do this sort of thing all the time, try to help out the people just starting
As evidenced by your godlike post count ha

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ehh, helping others is overrated. Lol!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As evidenced by your godlike post count ha
No, he got that from posting pics of alcohol he consumed (which is why his tag line is "never enough") and of the places he was vacationing at. The dude seriously doesn't do much more than vacation and get drunk. Come to think of it, can it really be called a vacation if that's all you do??

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No, he got that from posting pics of alcohol he consumed (which is why his tag line is "never enough") and of the places he was vacationing at. The dude seriously doesn't do much more than vacation and get drunk. Come to think of it, can it really be called a vacation if that's all you do??
At that point it's called a "profession" ha

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, I thought I kept most of that to facebook not here :D

islandiron

islandiron

Awards
I am the one true force, the ayatollah of rock n rolla, the master of disaster, the real deal.Older than Jesus sandals, and sharper than a katana.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Blackpreacherbeeotch212ji.gif

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
a little late but none the less, congrats Driven2lift

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Drumroll please...

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5.jpg

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
neil peart?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would like to welcome MidwestBeast to the team!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would like to welcome MidwestBeast to the team!
You will not regret this. Amazing addition to AM's help army. Blake is as good as it gets.