AM or PM Workout?

BibleMan1611

BibleMan1611

Awards
Howdy!
I have been working out for 2.5 years now.
@ 53 years of age, I am experiencing satisfaction in muscle growth and firmness.

I workout @ 1AM to 2:30AM
I am usually in bed by 3:30 AM
I then am up by 7 or 8AM

I usually take a 15 to 30 minute nap during the day.

My questions are...
Should I be going to sleep right after my workout?

Should I switch up my schedule?
Start going to bed at 11PM or 12AM.
Sleep till 7 or 8AM
Workout at 8:30 or 9am?

Would I experience better muscle growth and fat loss by staying up after my morning workout?

I need help.

Thank you in advance!

Happy New Year!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t think sleeping after or before the workout is what you should be concerned with in this scenario. Rather which option gives you the most sleep and to me that seems to be the second option!

Adequate sleep is the best thing you can do to increase results from training. So always make sure you take advantage of that.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would agree with the second option to get more sleep. If you have more energy for your workout before sleeping as opposed to after waking up, is it possible to work out before going to bed at 11pm? I know for me I can put way more intensity into it if I've already been up for a few hours before lifting.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are you retired? if not when do you work? those are interesting times for sleep and gym haha

seanmitchell12

Awards
I'm confused that how much sleep you are taking with your workout? I often get 8 hours sleep for good recovery of muscles.