Alright guys I need some big time help here.. stuck..

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Okay I have hit an all time low. I havent worked out my legs in like 12 weeks due to a shitty hip injury (long story). However in the process I have lost 18 lbs!!!!! The problem is that even when I workout my upper body and keep the cals up I can't seem to gain weight or even maintain the upper body. I was curious about what I should do to maybe fix this short term of course. I am hoping to start squatting light mid january.

I am currently working out 3-4 days a week, basically 1-2 muscle groups a day. Trying to keep volume somewhat lower, however, because I have atrophied so bad.

As some of you guys know it is imperative I keep my strength and some size because spring football here at FSU starts mid feb to early march. I HAVE to do god this spring. I honestly feel that if I hadn't gotten hurt and lost basically everything in my legs I could be a huge force in spring. Once I get my leg workouts back I will have no problem gaining weight, I will revert back to what has always worked. I just can't figure this out. None of my clothes friggin fit!

:frustrate

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Haha cmon guys do it for FSU!

Bobo help a brotha out here lol.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha cmon guys do it for FSU!

Bobo help a brotha out here lol.
Im a very big gator fan, but i hate to see a bro down and in the dumps and i love football so what the hell! I dont have any real advice, just start light.

Heres a bump tho for ya.

Mental Energy

Awards
LakeMountD,

I used to play cornerback in college so I understand your situation. By the way, did you have surgery cuz that is a lot of weight to loose.
Anyways, I usually lost a few pounds when ever I had a leg injury because I'm sure you know that when you lift your legs you release a lot of good hormones that promote size and strenght in your entire body. Your strength in your upper body is hard to maintain probably because of that. I always had my best size and strength when I worked out my legs hard.

But I would certainly keep my cals up for spring to maintain what you have now and maybe get you a little bigger. Maybe try some supps like creatine. I don't if you are using it now or if you like to take it, but I never had any problems with it during football. I think you would be ok cuz spring football is only one month.
Just keep rehabing and training. You will get back. but I think the best thing that will help is probably just lifting you legs heavy again and getting your size back in them.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Naw I didn't have surgery and don't need to. I lost that much weight becuase I havent squatted in over 3 months. SUCKS! Yeah I have taken CEE for some time now.

Mental Energy

Awards
Well good luck. I guess the only thing that will put that kind of size back on you is getting your legs back to the way they were. But I would imagine that you could gain your weight back in ruffly the same time it took you to loose it if your hip is ok now.

But I know it sucks cuz its spring time and you want to make and impact. Just be patient and keep your head up.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
so you haven't squatted.....what about presses or anything else?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Bump for Lake Mont. Any way you can do leg extensions and curls. Not the best but better than nothing.

Keep the faith bro.

CROWLER