airplane traveling with supp's

jpb8200

jpb8200

Awards
when traveling do you put your supps in a clear bag in your suitcase or carry it in the bottle?

we're flying within the u.s.

anything i need to do to avoid problems?

i'm taking fishoil, coq diesel, recreate, and multi's.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I always put them in my suitcase. No need to bring them in your carry-on. Never had any problems.

FcuktheFDA

Banned
Awards
I've had the police question me about supplements that I had been carrying around in plastic sandwich bags. I got accused of possessing illegal drugs, but I explained to them what everything was and told them to have it all tested if they didn't believe me. I'd just keep everything in its appropriate container and pack them in your suitcase.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I just got back from a trip and didn't take any supps with me. I asked at the ticket counter. They told me pretty much anything goes with checked baggage. Original containers are a good idea. Wouldn't try to take reasearch supps or AAS and syringes though.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
i agree to keep them in the bottles they came in. my ex use to have one of those vitaminders.. he was stopped and even though it was only grapefruit pectin, CLA and a multi.. they took it from him.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I travel domestically and internationally. I've had pill cases full of pills, and I've had the pills in their normal bottles. But I always put it in my luggage thats gonna be checked (i.e. packed on the plane as luggage, not carry on) and I've had no issues. I did have the FDA bust open my suitcase before, but that was apparently because you can't have locks on your suitcase anymore. :hammer:

allenzo

Awards
I just came back form Chicago. I had a bottle of DCP, multivitamin and Leviathin in my check-in bag and everthing went fine.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
lsat time i flew... i had protein powder in my carry-on in sandwich bags...no problems

if they try to take anything from you, just tell them you are on a doctor prescribed diet due to a DISABILITY and you need these things during the flight. the second the word 'disability' comes out of your mouth, they have to watch what they do bc otherwise they can be sued for discrimination through the ADA. They are not allowed to ask you what disability you have.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
lsat time i flew... i had protein powder in my carry-on in sandwich bags...no problems

if they try to take anything from you, just tell them you are on a doctor prescribed diet due to a DISABILITY and you need these things during the flight. the second the word 'disability' comes out of your mouth, they have to watch what they do bc otherwise they can be sued for discrimination through the ADA. They are not allowed to ask you what disability you have.
Im totally using this next time I fly.

Not sure if my bottle of Napalm would make it as a carry on though:toofunny: