ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 19 March 2020

WEIGHT: 235.0 lbs

First day of "quarantine training" now that all of the gyms in my local area got knocked. Fortunately, I was able to assemble a gym on Wednesday. My weight fell a decent amount having been so active the last week running around grabbing food and weights. Now I have a training spot in my dad's garage (heavier lifts such as Pulls and Squats) as well as my apartment (lighter lifts such as Shoulders). Pretty pumped that I managed to score a such a decent setup without much notice.

Setup:
- Straight barbell
- EZ curl bar
- Parallel curl bar
- Rack (squats, bench)
- Flat Bench
- Adjustable Bench
- 6 x 45 plates, 35s, 25s, 10s
- Dumbbells up to 50
- Trap Bar (coming soon)
- Rack (for rack pulls) - coming soon; my dad is going to weld me up something spiffy ;)

With what I have I should be able to continue training in a relatively effective manner. The weights and equipment may be limited but I will make up for that with sheer focus and hard contractions.

Meal Modifications:
-

Notes:
-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GYM SESSION: RDLs/Hamstrings/Calves (50 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

RDLs
(I used some rubber plates to raise the bar a bit)
45 lbs: 10 (WU)
135 lbs: 8 (WU)
225 lbs: 4 (WU)
315 lbs: 3 (WU)
365 lbs: 10, 10, 10
315 lbs: 10, 10, 8

Lying Leg Curl
(Rudimentary device attached to the bench seat. Awkward and difficult but I can get a good burn)
70 lbs: 12, 10, 8, 6, 6
35 lbs: 7, 7, 7, 7, 7 - unilateral

Seated Calf Raise
(Cheap plate loaded machine I bought a while back. Feels like it's going to collapse any second but it hits the muscles very well lol)
95 lbs: 10 x 5 sets

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 20 March 2020

WEIGHT: 237.6 lbs

Solid shoulder session in the apartment today. Got a solid pump and burn with minimal equipment. Only crappy thing is the lack of a pressing device to use like a Smith. Perhaps next week I will try out Dumbbell presses with the 50s. I do want to use the time to let my arm heal so perhaps the lack of pressing devices will force me to adhere to that better lol. The only real negative is how is easy it is for me to get distracted training in my apartment. I found myself tending to emails, orders, and other small work bits throughout. Better turn this **** off next time haha.

Meat is getting scarce and eggs are non-existent. I scored about 10 lbs of 93% lean beef so that will be implemented much more frequently into my diet. Especially once I run out of eggs as this will compensate for the loss of fats.

Trap Bar has landed!!!

Meals:
- Meal 1: 50g Oatmeal, 50g Isolate, 100g Blueberries,
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (8oz Beef 93%, 3 x 100cal Muffins, 50g Carrots)
- Meal 3: Burger Bowl (240g Beef 96%, 260g Potato, Riced Cauliflower, Shredded Lettuce)
- Meal 4: Patty Platter (8oz Beef 93%, 2.25 x English Muffins, 50g Carrots)
- Meal 5: Burger Bowl (240g Beef 96%, 260g Potato, Riced Cauliflower, Shredded Lettuce)
- Meal 6: 6oz beef (93%), 3 whole eggs, riced cauliflower

Notes:
- Slept hard as **** knowing I had a place to train and food to eat. So thankful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GYM SESSION: Shoulders (55 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

DB Lateral Raises
50 lbs: 14, 12, 9

DB Unilateral Raises
45 lbs: 12, 12, 12

DB Front Raises
35 lbs: 10, 10, 10

Upright Rows
100 lbs: 15, 15, 15, 12, 12, 12

Reverse DB Fly
50 lbs: 15 x 6 sets

DB Lateral Raises
35 lbs: 8, 8, 8

DB Front Raises
25 lbs: 10, 10, 10

Last edited:

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Figured you might get hit on the beef and eggs front a bit since they are limiting quantities in a lot of areas. Just a suggestion for the egg fats is some heavy whipping cream or the like. Cheap and easy or just a little butter or coconut oil as well.

Reactions: ZOO
ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Omg I love coconut oil. Good call. I may whip up one of my old dishes. It was one of Bostin's post workout meals he gave me for bulking up: beef, rice, black beans, shredded pineapple, and coconut oil.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 21 March 2020

WEIGHT: 239.6 lbs

First “lockdown leg day” has been locked down. The setup is extremely rudimentary (my new favorite word) and awkward to get used to but I hit some squats and got some blood in these chopstick thighs. My bench’s leg extension apparatus is a no-go as my feet touch the ground and my long legs make the extension nearly impossible to actually do. Threw a touch of calves at the end as well :)

The rack I have forces me to start from a quarter squat position, more or less, and have a much wider hand placement (hands against the plates) since the catches sit more narrow. This in itself isn’t terrible but it will take a little adjusting to get used to.

I'm not sure if it was the change of equipment/positioning or if these iron plates are heavier than the gym’s but the gravity seemed to be on a higher setting haha. Either way the squats themselves felt good and my knee stayed healthy throughout. I’ll work to improve on this layout.

Notes:
- Slept hard for a solid 7 hours :)

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 1: Used 115g banana
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (90% bison, 2.25 x English Muffins)
- Meal 3: Burger Bowl
- Meal 4: Patty Platter (93% beef, 2.25 x English Muffins)
- Meal 5: Burger Bowl
- Meal 6:

GYM SESSION: Squats (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Squats
225 lbs: 6 (WU)
315 lbs: 4 x 5 sets
225 lbs: 10 x 5 sets
135 lbs: 15 x 5 sets

Calf Raises

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I guess I will have to try some DB deads and Box squats today lunges and SLDLs out in the gayrage.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 19 March 2020

WEIGHT: 235.0 lbs

First day of "quarantine training" now that all of the gyms in my local area got knocked. Fortunately, I was able to assemble a gym on Wednesday. My weight fell a decent amount having been so active the last week running around grabbing food and weights. Now I have a training spot in my dad's garage (heavier lifts such as Pulls and Squats) as well as my apartment (lighter lifts such as Shoulders). Pretty pumped that I managed to score a such a decent setup without much notice.

Setup:
- Straight barbell
- EZ curl bar
- Parallel curl bar
- Rack (squats, bench)
- Flat Bench
- Adjustable Bench
- 6 x 45 plates, 35s, 25s, 10s
- Dumbbells up to 50
- Trap Bar (coming soon)
- Rack (for rack pulls) - coming soon; my dad is going to weld me up something spiffy ;)

With what I have I should be able to continue training in a relatively effective manner. The weights and equipment may be limited but I will make up for that with sheer focus and hard contractions.

Meal Modifications:
-

Notes:
-

GYM SESSION: RDLs/Hamstrings/Calves (50 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

RDLs
(I used some rubber plates to raise the bar a bit)
225 lbs: 4 (WU)
365 lbs: 10, 10, 10
315 lbs: 10, 10, 8

Lying Leg Curl
(Rudimentary device attached to the bench seat. Awkward and difficult but I can get a good burn)
70 lbs: 12, 10, 8, 6, 6
35 lbs: 7, 7, 7, 7, 7 - unilateral

Seated Calf Raise
(Cheap plate loaded machine I bought a while back. Feels like it's going to collapse any second but it hits the muscles very well lol)
That's a pretty good set up for pulling together a home gym quickly!

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Show us your dads weld job!
Once we get it set up I'll definitely post pics. Probably won't be until sometime at the end of next week. He has some old ass Weider 33 lb plates (not 35) too haha. It's so vintage hnggggg

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's a pretty good set up for pulling together a home gym quickly!
Right?!? I'm quite happy and relieved to have it all together. Thank god we gave the weights and stuff to my cousin who doesn't use it so just went over and snagged what I needed back lol

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 23 March 2020

WEIGHT: 239.6 lbs

Surprisingly, the squat session on Saturday was really effective. My legs were pretty jacked yesterday and even still a bit today, which I felt drained some of the power out of my trap bar deadlifts.

Back day has been substantially simplified since I lack a lot of the fancy stuff I used at the gym. Nonetheless I have a tap bar and barbell which is about all you really need to get in there and hit it hard. I'm going to look into bands to hit some of the low row types of movements. Additionally, I have moved my arm training to chest day, which I will do out of my apartment.

I attempted 5 sets of 10 reps and managed 4 sets with the last set kicking my ass and only getting 7 reps. I may opt for 4 sets instead next week. Even if subconscious, it seems like you never put in as much intensity when you have a ton of sets looming. Better to get 4 "really good" sets than 5 "okay" sets. For this I would like to bring some 10s and bump the trap bar from 435 to 455 next week.

Scored some eggs at the store today along with a couple packs of 93% patties. However, the lady was giving me flak for grabbing more than 2 bags of riced cauliflower... I'm like "nobody even likes this stuff" to which she replied, "a lot of people like it. I buy it." haha. Anyways she let me have 3 bags so we cool.

Notes:
- Sleep was solid. I got to bed early and ended up waking early. I can't stay in bed longer than 7-8 hours tops it seems.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 1: Swapped blueberries out for a banana.
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (Beef 96%, 2.25 x English Muffins, 50g carrots)
- Meal 3: Burger Bowl (240g Beef 93%, 260g Potato, 100g Coleslaw)
- Meal 4: Patty Platter (Beef 96%, 2.25 x English Muffins, 50g carrots)
- Meal 5: Burger Bowl (240g Beef 93%, 260g Potato, 100g Coleslaw)
- Meal 6:

GYM SESSION: Pulls/Back (50 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)
Trap Bar is heavier than a standard barbell at a little over 50 lbs. Rather than relearn how to count plates, I will simply add (+5 lbs) next to exercises that use it.

Trap Bar Deadlifts
225 lbs: 6 WU)
385 lbs: 1 (WU)
435 lbs: 10, 10, 10, 10, 7

Trap Bar Rows
225 lbs: 8 x 4 sets

Barbell Rows
225 lbs: 8 x 4 sets

Trap Bar Shrugs
(It felt like my abdominals were cramping while doing these. Especially on the last rep or two and when setting the bar down)
315 lbs: 6 x 4 sets

benjamfzb

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Once we get it set up I'll definitely post pics. Probably won't be until sometime at the end of next week. He has some old ass Weider 33 lb plates (not 35) too haha. It's so vintage hnggggg
Gotta appreciate welders these days hehe
That's sick, bro! Did you make that? I have so much respect for people with real deal trade skills like that.
Haha well thats awkward.... nah im a welding inspector level 3 in canada. In the states that would be an AWS CWI QC3 i guess. 2 cases of beer and the nightshift welder used steel from the garbage bin to make it. Infinite respect to the boys with real skills. I asked for basic and they gave me perfect adjustable drilled cut and welded symmetry. Love it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice home setup! People get too reliant on machines. They forget most of the machines are just based on bb/db moves. If you have a rack, barbell+plates, adjustable bench, and a few light dbs you are set. Add a few rubber resistance bands and you can choke them off your power rack and mimic any cable movement too. No it doesn’t feel the same as a cable, but they can be used for a great pump.

Spud Inc also has a cheap cable/pulley system to hook to/over a home gym rack you can hang your weights on for things like cable rows, Pressdowns, curls, extensions.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sounds like your workouts are about the same as mine now haha. Basement weights rule though. No waiting, no douchey people playing on their phones, taking pics, etc etc... Don't get me wrong, I cant wait to get back in the gym, but the break from people is rather welcome for an introvert like me ha

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's sick, bro! Did you make that? I have so much respect for people with real deal trade skills like that.
Haha well thats awkward.... nah im a welding inspector level 3 in canada. In the states that would be an AWS CWI QC3 i guess. 2 cases of beer and the nightshift welder used steel from the garbage bin to make it. Infinite respect to the boys with real skills. I asked for basic and they gave me perfect adjustable drilled cut and welded symmetry. Love it.
Either way that’s a super badass hookup, man. I’m pretty jelly tbh. Gonna send this to my dad to look at haha.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice home setup! People get too reliant on machines. They forget most of the machines are just based on bb/db moves. If you have a rack, barbell+plates, adjustable bench, and a few light dbs you are set. Add a few rubber resistance bands and you can choke them off your power rack and mimic any cable movement too. No it doesn’t feel the same as a cable, but they can be used for a great pump.

Spud Inc also has a cheap cable/pulley system to hook to/over a home gym rack you can hang your weights on for things like cable rows, Pressdowns, curls, extensions.
So true. You don’t need much to achieve a lot when you get down to it. And thanks for letting me know about that pulley. If talk of gym closure for months is true then I’ll be looking to get more elaborate for certain.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds like your workouts are about the same as mine now haha. Basement weights rule though. No waiting, no douchey people playing on their phones, taking pics, etc etc... Don't get me wrong, I cant wait to get back in the gym, but the break from people is rather welcome for an introvert like me ha
You hit on my sentiments precisely. In many ways I’m enjoying this style. Brings me back to when I first started out training... young and enthusiastic about life lmao.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOG UPDATE: 24 March 2020

WEIGHT: 241.0 lbs

Notes:
- Sleep was decent but woke up after about 7 hours.

Meal Modifications:
- Meal 2: Patty Platter (93% beef, 2.25 x English Muffins)
- Meal 3: Burger Bowl (240g Beef 93%, 260g Potato, 100g Coleslaw)
- Meal 4: Patty Platter (96% beef, 2.25 x English Muffins)
- Meal 5: Burger Bowl (240g Beef 93%, 260g Potato, 100g Coleslaw)
- Meal 6:

GYM SESSION: Chest/Arms (60 minutes; stretching and warm ups [WU] included)

Dumbbell Front Raise - (Unilateral, crossover)
45 lbs: 10 x 4 sets

Dumbbell Pullover
50 lbs: 10 x 4 sets

Pushups
Body weight: 25 x 4 sets

Dumbbell Fly
50 lbs: 10 x 4 sets

EZ Bar Curl
100 lbs: 8 x 4 sets

Dumbbell Curl
40 lbs: 7 x 4 sets

Parallel Bar Curl
(Hand placement isn't ideal for elbow. Will replacement with Dumbbell drop set)
70 lbs: 8 x 4 sets

Tricep Kickback
(Exercise and weight felt okay on the arm. Will become primary direct tricep exercise.)
25 lbs: 12 x 6 sets

Last edited:

benjamfzb

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
LOG UPDATE: 5 February 2020

WEIGHT: n/a

No weigh in. Had a heavy day of eating burgers. No excuses. I was just really hungry and went fatty mode. I also grabbed a 4 pack of those sugar free jello cups (lemon lime) to eat today with a big scoop of fat free cool whip to top it.

Notes:
- Terrible sleep (difficulty falling asleep and staying in bed past 6 hours).
- Heightened stress/anxiety (hit and miss days).
- Bad lower back acne (starting to fade some).

TIMING/SUPPLEMENTS

8:30am: Dose 1 (Upon Waking)

- Testosterone Acetate: 48mg, Trestolone Acetate 12mg
- Turinabol 12.5mg, Anadrol 25mg, Proviron 25mg, T2 (Assault Team/GB) 300mcg, T3 12.5mcg, T4 50mcg

11:30am: Meal 1 (Breakfast Burgers)
- 1 x Wrecking Crew (Gainbusters), 1 x Nektar (Ambrosia), Vitamin D 5,000iu (MTS), Omegalyze (Species)

2:30pm: Meal 2 (Patty Platter)
- Sugar Free Jello Cup with Fat Free Cool Whip topping
- 1 x Wrecking Crew

4:30pm: Dose 2
- Turinabol 12.5mg, Anadrol 25mg, Proviron 25mg, T2 (Assault Team/GB) 300mcg, T3 12.5mcg, T4 50mcg

5:30pm: Meal 3 (Patty Platter)
- 1 x Wrecking Crew (Gainbusters)

7:45pm: Meal 4 (Breakfast Burgers)
- 1 x Wrecking Crew (Gainbusters)

10:00pm: Meal 5 (Beef Scrambler)
- Meat: 3oz Beef (93%), 2.5oz Beef (96%)
- 1 x Wrecking Crew (Gainbusters), Vitamin D 5,000iu (MTS), Omegalyze (Species)

11:30pm: Pre-bed
- 3 x KSM (Vicious Labs), 3 x Mwendo (Ambrosia)
My nutritionist highly recommends and only allows for those jello cuts to quell hunger. Unlimited. And it works. I guess its better than caving in to a full cheat.