Age to scale back?

joe123!

joe123!

Awards
  • Established
How do you deal with people your own age who think you should 'ease up' with your workout? I'm 44, and workout every other day. Weights and calisthenics for about 1hr to 1.5, but HARD. More volume then weight and lots of HITT.

I don't do everything I use to do. When something hurts, I pull back. I don't lift as heavy but I still lift moderately heavy. I tend to do about 10 rounds with 6 different movements per rounds. Normally a weighted workout, take a day off then an unweighted day,. day off and repeat.

I personally think it's fine and just think people are limiyed by their own mind. However, enough people seem to think that I think I am still 20 and need to chill.

What do you guys think? Anyone else deal with this?

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Your good.
Other people get intimidated or jealous or just don’t understand healthy aging. At 44 you should have joint pain, limited mobility, a belly and eat like ****, then you would fit in.....you don’t want to fit in.

Keep going. Keep pushing. We are getting older but as long as we listen to our bodies and aren’t injuring ourselves keep moving forward. It’s the only way to have a quality of life at 80.

My goal is to be able to play with and keep up with my future grandkids like I do with my kids today

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As someone 45 with bad knees, a back falling apart and I’m sure more issues on the horizon. I’m not slowing down. In fact I’m in better shape then I was in my teens. Keep going till you can’t.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
They envy you. You did allot of hard (enjoyable) work to get your self in this level of shape and to keep it.
Do you and keep adapting - I hope your still doing this when your 90.

AnabolicPitbull

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Your good.
Other people get intimidated or jealous or just don’t understand healthy aging. At 44 you should have joint pain, limited mobility, a belly and eat like ****, then you would fit in.....you don’t want to fit in.

Keep going. Keep pushing. We are getting older but as long as we listen to our bodies and aren’t injuring ourselves keep moving forward. It’s the only way to have a quality of life at 80.

My goal is to be able to play with and keep up with my future grandkids like I do with my kids today
This.... and cute I like that. I hope I can play with my grand kids

gigante35

gigante35

Awards
  • Established
The more the better later a wide field for us!!!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m 42 and still rockin. Age to scale back is determined by a simple formula and =
If not disabled continue and do not scale back UNTIL no pulse!