Advice needed- novice

jmoore_22

Awards
I’m 40 and in good shape- former college athleteBeen training consistently for many years. Not body building serious but in good shape. Diet is pretty good but not really strict.
Tall and lean - 6’4 200 lbs

looking for something to make me more lean - better definition. Not looking to bulk but wouldn’t mind gaining a little weight.
I have some 11-oxo (oral liquid). Would that be good for my goal? If so, what would suggest as dosage for a beginner? Would you recommend taking anything with it?
I want to start with something mild that doesn’t have many side effects. Is there anything else you would recommend.
I am obviously a novice so I appreciate any guidance.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Before you get into supplementation, what does your programming and nutrition look like?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
are you saying you want to do a cycle + PCT? have blood work? looking for Natty test boosters? willing to inject?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i think 11-oxo is a great cutting tool for a lot of people. start with recommended dose on the label.

jmoore_22

Awards
Before you get into supplementation, what does your programming and nutrition look like?
Lift 5-6 times a week. Cardio 2x week.
Diet is pretty good. Used to watch macros close but now have a good enough idea of what to eat now. I eat pretty clean but not perfect.
Take creatine, a multi-vitamin, and ZMA

looking for something to get me past this plateau

jmoore_22

Awards
are you saying you want to do a cycle + PCT? have blood work? looking for Natty test boosters? willing to inject?
Honestly don’t know enough about it to say. That’s why I’m seeking advice. Want to start slow but am looking to take something to get me past the plateau I’m at. Don’t really want to inject at this point. Looking to start with something mild and see how that goes before progressing

jmoore_22

Awards
i think 11-oxo is a great cutting tool for a lot of people. start with recommended dose on the label.
Thank you - anything you think I should take with it at this point? Better to take morning or night or around workout?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
it's just going to lower cortisol so whenever you want to take it is fine. there is no reason to dose pre work out or any of that stuff.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lift 5-6 times a week. Cardio 2x week.
Diet is pretty good. Used to watch macros close but now have a good enough idea of what to eat now. I eat pretty clean but not perfect.
Take creatine, a multi-vitamin, and ZMA

looking for something to get me past this plateau
I can't speak to the oxo as I've never used it. However adding in cardio I do believe will start melting fat off.
I'm a recovering xfit guy (ha) so to me, for the longest time, it didn't seem like it could possibly be effective if it wasn't a 20 minute HIIT wod that left me dead on the ground.

I still think intense WODs are great and effective, but I also think they're catabolic. Nothing amazes me more than how consistent 30-60 minute LISS cardio sessions 4+ times per week just MELT fat off if your diet is tight.

I would really try to add in at least 30 min LISS sessions. if you can find the time, probably 5 x's per week. personally.

I'm basically like this now:
mon - bench/LISS
tues - squats/LISS
weds rest
thurs - press/LISS
Fri - deads/LISS

and I aim for a minimum of 20 minutes but will grab 30-40 if I can. I like a big incline treadmill walk at moderate speed (2.5mph) or walking flat on the air runner at a speed of 3-3.5+mph

leahwallace62fl

Awards
I have a similar type of body and story. I've been working out when I was in college (hated it by the way, skipping classes just to go and work out, using uk.edubirdie to get the homework done and so on) but after a couple of years I stopped, because it wasnt so interesting anymore. What I would suggest is thinking twice before taking any cycles. If you're in a good shape already, why do you need it at all ? It may have some really bad effects on you