Advice for a coworker, extreme ectomorph

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I've tried to teach him, but either he's simply not following my advice or he's a freak.

Anyways, he basically wants someone to explain in black and white what to eat and when.

He's 6'3", between 160 and 170 Lbs. You can pretty much see his ribs, he's very skinny.

Our job is quite physical, but I'm getting him to start lifting too (which he's never done), and quit smoking.

For the last year I've seen this guy dirty bulk and not put on any weight. He eats all day long. Last summer, he drank a case of Pepsi a day. Steak every night. Turkey sandwiches all day. Easily 3000+ cals a day.

Any ideas? I think he has some sort of thyroid disorder, his metabolism is off the charts.

tattoopierced1

Try having him eat clean and see what happens. Lots of oats and whole grain pasta, lots of chicken and protein shakes, as well as cottage cheese. IMO 3000cals isnt much if his metabolism is off the hook. I'd bump him to 4000 clean cals per day. If he's not putting on weight, he isnt eating the right things or enough of it.

I have plenty of experience in this department as I was worse off than he was.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/64988-evolution-pud-stud.html

6'7" 158lbs and now I'm around 235+lbs

its all about diet.

Nickis94

Awards
Been there done that

Ive hung sheetrock 9 hrs a day for 20 yrs and was 6'3" 175 eating dirty. No one could belive how much food I could eat and not gain weight. I went on a clean 4500 calorie a day diet and started working out with super heavy weight and gained 20 lbs the first year then twenty more the second, just keep pushing the clean diet. I really think thats what did it for me

fasthumpman

fasthumpman

Awards
Ive hung sheetrock 9 hrs a day for 20 yrs and was 6'3" 175 eating dirty. No one could belive how much food I could eat and not gain weight. I went on a clean 4500 calorie a day diet and started working out with super heavy weight and gained 20 lbs the first year then twenty more the second, just keep pushing the clean diet. I really think thats what did it for me

exactly what he said. i use to be 6"4 and 150 lbs so you can imagine! i had a very physical demanding job as well at the time too though. what got me to start puttin on the weight is eating whole foods like tattoo mentioned and after every meal i would chug a huge weight gainer shake. and of course i ditched my job workin 12 hours a day unloading heavy a$$ sh!t at a warehouse all day too. i also understand that when your workin alot its hard to eat as much as you should when you should but if your desperate to gain weight anyone can find a way. i put on a clean 50 lbs in about 8 months. goodluck let us know how it goes

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the cigarettes defineitly arent helping...

if hes eating enough and lifting correctly he should be making at least some progress...perhaps you need to nudge him a little to make sure hes following through with the diet

jvb20

Awards
instead of him drinking so much dam pop have him through in a few homeade bulking shakes it will definetaly help...

Thudd

Awards
Easily 3000+ cals a day.
3000 cals a day? Call that a bulk? I worked out recently how much I really ate; until then I'd never bothered calculating it because I just ate as much as I could get my hands on, and if I wasn't growing, ate more. I eat reasonably cleanly, very little junk food, meat is mostly tuna, chicken, fish, kangaroo and moderate amounts of steak.

Anyway, I sat down with a calorie counter and did a typical day. And on a typical day I put away about 8000 calories. And I'm not getting fatter. I'm probably only 5% over ripped, with easily visible abs and chest/shoulder striations.

So if you think your mate is an ecto, you ain't seen nuthin' yet. 3000 calories is like my first two meals, and I still struggle to pack on mass.

My point being, don't be afraid to tell him to really go for it.