Absorbtion rate of homebrews?

Jorta

Awards
Hello,

I've spent some time going through the recipe posts and some other posts on dosages and cycles. I have also checked out the great excel spreadsheet curt2go provided.

I've got a quick question on the absorbtion rate of the PH though. I note that on this board the rate with DMSO is set to about 45%. That is using the spray recipe. I have seen another reprint of that recipe on another board and the absorbtion rate was recorded as 25%.

I only want to confirm the 45% value. I'm trying to figure out how much PH I'll be getting a week with a given number of sprays and clearly there is a big difference between 25% and 45%!

Right now I have 10g 1-Test in 240ml of the spray with 10% DMSO. I'm assuming about 0.8ml per spray as close as I can measure it. If I'm doing my math correctly (which is not a given), that works out to 8.3mg per spray at 25% and about 15mg per spray at 45%. Added up over a week and that is quite a diifference. 6 sprays a day at 25% is 350mg week and 6@45% is 630mg a week. A bit more than I want to do right now!

Hence the concern. One value is the target range and the other is way over.

Can anyone correct me on the absorbtion rate or just point out where I'm going wrong in my calculations?

Thanks for any input!

Jorta

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
With the recipe that we use ,use the number 40-45% absorption... Talk to ya...

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by Jorta
Hello,

I've spent some time going through the recipe posts and some other posts on dosages and cycles. I have also checked out the great excel spreadsheet curt2go provided.

I've got a quick question on the absorbtion rate of the PH though. I note that on this board the rate with DMSO is set to about 45%. That is using the spray recipe. I have seen another reprint of that recipe on another board and the absorbtion rate was recorded as 25%.

I only want to confirm the 45% value. I'm trying to figure out how much PH I'll be getting a week with a given number of sprays and clearly there is a big difference between 25% and 45%!

Right now I have 10g 1-Test in 240ml of the spray with 10% DMSO. I'm assuming about 0.8ml per spray as close as I can measure it. If I'm doing my math correctly (which is not a given), that works out to 8.3mg per spray at 25% and about 15mg per spray at 45%. Added up over a week and that is quite a diifference. 6 sprays a day at 25% is 350mg week and 6@45% is 630mg a week. A bit more than I want to do right now!

Hence the concern. One value is the target range and the other is way over.

Can anyone correct me on the absorbtion rate or just point out where I'm going wrong in my calculations?

Thanks for any input!

Jorta

45% rate is about right, but this a lot absortion increases with DMSO/ but this strong, I test heavy dosing for two weeks, I am still feeling the effects, Moderate dosing should be enough at least for me 245lbs with only 5'6"

Rhinoman

Awards
Originally posted by curt2go
With the recipe that we use ,use the number 40-45% absorption... Talk to ya...
Curt you beat me in the posting, Talk 2 U

LOL :D

Jorta

Awards
Thanks folks, I just wanted to make sure I got the data right for my notes!

Jorta

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
There are a lot of factors that go into calculating absorption but I personally use 40% to estimate.  It will ultimately depend on such things as amount of DMSO and other PE's, "wet" time, concentration of PH in solution, surface area of application, site of application, temperature, rub-vs-no rub, etc.

Chemo

Jorta

Awards
Thanks Chemo,

I try to maximize all of the variables you noted and I go with about 10% DMSO in solution so I will use the 40-45% rate for calcuations.

Untimatley, I'm not as concerned about the amount per week (although I don't want to way over or under dose) as I am in keeping consistent notes so that I can easily compare the worth and effectiveness of the PH.

So 40% it is! Thanks again for the help.

Jorta