Abs before Cardio for added fat loss?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was talking with a high school friend that goes to the same gym as me and discussion came up on doing abs before cardio for more fat loss in the abdominal region. Is this true? I asked him how so and he said that when you work abs you work the muscle (obvious) and by doing cardio right after you get the fat and muscle to separate more and burn off that fat easier....something like that. I was wondering if this is a true scientific method to this. Sounds probable imo.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was talking with a high school friend that goes to the same gym as me and discussion came up on doing abs before cardio for more fat loss in the abdominal region. Is this true? I asked him how so and he said that when you work abs you work the muscle (obvious) and by doing cardio right after you get the fat and muscle to separate more and burn off that fat easier....something like that. I was wondering if this is a true scientific method to this. Sounds probable imo.

In general, once you start with strenuous physical exercise, such as a workout, your body burns stored sugar (glycogen) in the first twenty or so minutes before it switches to burning stored fat. This is why some exercise nutritionists recommend doing cardio after workout. At that time, glycogen stores are usually depleted and the body usually would have entered a fat-burning mode.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have read this before PP lemme see if i can dig it up where i have read it and see if they give some type of study or whatnot as to why it burns fat faster.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks guys. I hear what you are saying strategic thanks for that.

Off topic but i still have a really hard time working abs, i just always put it off and do other things instead lol...its just so boring.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Off topic but i still have a really hard time working abs, i just always put it off and do other things instead lol...its just so boring.
I hear you. You are not alone. Try listening to your favourite songs, doing different ab exercises, and so on. I find variety helps. Have fun!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've gotten to enjoying using the pulley machine set at its lowest with a belt on it going around my feet and doing knee pull ins that way as an ab exercise. there are tons of different ones to try.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im gonna make it my november resolution to do abs at least once a week lol.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yea Im the same way you are. I looked through my workout log from last year I did abbs like 12 times.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
I just see it as, do I want the abs. Iv put it off for so long that bascially I have forced myself to do it inbetween sets of rackpulls. Im worn out, sweating like crazy and pumped so I figure why sit around and cool off before the next set, do abs while waiting. Im one of those guys that gets super jacked up after a heavy lift and sweating like hell. 85 degree gym where are you!!!!