About to give up

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
So I have gastric paresis which is when your stomach is paralyzed, no reason for it, but it sucks you can't eat or you get sick, I have dropped to 119 pds at 5'9 and am now on TPN we're I have a PICC line and I get a pharmacy bag made especially for me and run it at night , well 12 hours. Tuesday I am going in for a g tube, and I still try the gym, not to lose weight but it's my happy place :(

I'm trying to hang in there but enough is enough, I'm over this and it's just starting:(

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Thanks I'm so tired to be honest and I'm only here because I don't want my nephews to not have an auntie. That's the only reason I'm here

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Reaching out to a community like this one is a great way to express what you're feeling and get support but are you talking to a counselor or psychologist about these feelings?

I've felt like I wanted to "give up" too. So far, I'm glad I didn't.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I am a therapist lol so no I don't talk to anyone I just do it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Reaching out to a community like this one is a great way to express what you're feeling and get support but are you talking to a counselor or psychologist about these feelings?

I've felt like I wanted to "give up" too. So far, I'm glad I didn't.
I been there too. I would never do it but it's not abnormal to feel that way when things are low. Sometimes it's easy for ppl to let something out on a forum like this because it's easy to vent your issues to someone you never have to see in person. But reading a response that a imaginary person on the internet types up won't fix anything. If it did we could replace half the medical field with social media chat rooms

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Being a therapist I would think you would realize the importance of therapist in your situation. I really urge you to talk to one. Venting on this forum is not going to fix the way you feel.
I agree but I'm not doing that yet, I need more time to adjust and find someone I like. But thank you

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
Very sorry to hear about this, don't have much advice. Hard to lift if you can't eat right. Aside from seeking legit therapy outside of this place, for your - gastric paresis - sounds like you need to resolve that to a reasonable level to be able to have enough energy to lift (your and most of ours 'happy place') aside from energy to live and be with your nephews.

Have you tried all treatments (current doctors and maybe some legit alternative treatments out there)?

Sounds like your doing the doctor thing the best you can, would CBD or something perhaps aid/calm or help the nervous dysfunction with the stomach? Having seen cannabinoids do great things for others with epilepsy and other nerve /stomach issues, have to research but curious... Are you researching stuff (discerningly) to see what else you can do to relieve symptoms?

Last edited:
toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Very sorry to hear about this, don't have much advice. Hard to lift if you can't eat right. Aside from seeking legit therapy outside of this place, for your - gastric paresis - sounds like you need to resolve that to a reasonable level to be able to have enough energy to lift (your and most of ours 'happy place') aside from energy to live and be with your nephews.

Have you tried all treatments (current doctors and maybe some legit alternative treatments out there)?

Sounds like your doing the doctor thing the best you can, would CBD or something perhaps aid/calm or help the nervous dysfunction with the stomach? Having seen cannabinoids do great things for others with epilepsy and other nerve /stomach issues, have to research but curious... Are you researching stuff (discerningly) to see what else you can do to relieve symptoms?

I now have TPN and I have a picc line, going for a G to tomorrow I'm not really happy about that. I do still go to the gym. I don't care if I have to crawl in on my hands and knees I will still go. I don't hit it hard but it's my happy place. That's what I've always done I'm gonna still do it. I don't care if I die there like that's part of who I am so people can look at me all they want and it's funny because people won't approach me, but they'll approach my sister and be like what's wrong with your sister, is she dying, she's so thin, and nothing irritates me more, but when someone does that, if you have a fucking concern you come to me and you say it you don't say it to my sister you don't get her involved because she's not me so it just annoys me to no end that more people do that they're supposed to be close friends of mine, so I don't really have a form to speak with. I don't can't post on my Facebook page, I can't post anywhere else, so this is kind a like my safe haven where I could post anything I could say some thing and no one's gonna run back to my sister and be like oh my God do you know what she said I don't understand why people do that, but it is what it is. I can't change it So my doctor did mention CBD and I said I wanted to hold off and see how these would work for me, so it's not out of the question but again it's not on the front burner right now.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't matter anymore I don't care I've begun cleaning out my clothes. I'm putting my phone is an order and whatever happens happens I honestly could give a ****. The only thing I care about is my cat so I wanted to make sure they have a good homes and that's it. I don't really have much else I have an inheritance which goes to my nephews I have a car which means if you can have I don't really care, so yeah so I'm starting to get my affairs in order and we'll see what happens.

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
It doesn't matter anymore I don't care I've begun cleaning out my clothes. I'm putting my phone is an order and whatever happens happens I honestly could give a ****. The only thing I care about is my cat so I wanted to make sure they have a good homes and that's it. I don't really have much else I have an inheritance which goes to my nephews I have a car which means if you can have I don't really care, so yeah so I'm starting to get my affairs in order and we'll see what happens.
I mean you haven't even tried CBD option (doctor recommended too) and your convinced enough to be prepared to die? That's a bummer, I think you need to try CBD and other treatment before you cash in your chips... Your nephew and cat want you not your $.

CBD doesn't get ya high if that's your reasons your hesitant to try?

Although in your state of mind a little Delta 9 THC to fight the depression and some good music couldn't hurt either..

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey, slow down. You’re life is beautiful, working out doesn’t define you! You have family you mentioned that you LOVE, how can you continue to pour that love and cultivate a relationship if you’re willing to give up.

Reconsider what you’re saying. Idk you but I care about you. Seek help, try alternatives and this season will be short lived!

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I mean you haven't even tried CBD option (doctor recommended too) and your convinced enough to be prepared to die? That's a bummer, I think you need to try CBD and other treatment before you cash in your chips... Your nephew and cat want you not your $.

CBD doesn't get ya high if that's your reasons your hesitant to try?

Although in your state of mind a little Delta 9 THC to fight the depression and some good music couldn't hurt either..
Sadly this is not my first time with this and it will not be my last so you're right my cats don't want my money or my nephews but I'm too tired. I've done this too many times before and it never works for long so it's almost like a lupus or a cancer you get a remission than bam it's a year long flare ......people have a lot worse things than I do I get that and I'm not trying to have a pity party for myself. I just have no place to put anything because I can't post on my Facebook page, I can't talk to my friends about this, because they would all run back to my sister and just be a complete in a disaster.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You are awesome and a strong person, the fact you are here and talking/typing all this, shows that. Keep on keeping on, I know sometimes life can seem really cruel and unfair, I have my share of problems too... but I think reaching out really does help, if it doesn't sometimes you need to step away from all the craziness life throws at you, take a holiday, take a few days off, get outside into nature and just zone out.

I found myself again when I took a few days off and sat in a cold lake, even with all the stuff I have going on I felt balanced and ready to try again.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
You are awesome and a strong person, the fact you are here and talking/typing all this, shows that. Keep on keeping on, I know sometimes life can seem really cruel and unfair, I have my share of problems too... but I think reaching out really does help, if it doesn't sometimes you need to step away from all the craziness life throws at you, take a holiday, take a few days off, get outside into nature and just zone out.

I found myself again when I took a few days off and sat in a cold lake, even with all the stuff I have going on I felt balanced and ready to try again.
Thanks. I'll try it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So I have gastric paresis which is when your stomach is paralyzed, no reason for it, but it sucks you can't eat or you get sick, I have dropped to 119 pds at 5'9 and am now on TPN we're I have a PICC line and I get a pharmacy bag made especially for me and run it at night , well 12 hours. Tuesday I am going in for a g tube, and I still try the gym, not to lose weight but it's my happy place :(

I'm trying to hang in there but enough is enough, I'm over this and it's just starting:(
First, I would like to start off by saying that I'm so sorry to hear about the things and challenges that you're going through.

That is very commendable of you that you still go to the gym and its great that you're able to do something like that, that as you refer to is your happy place.

People very commonly say things like how they can relate or that they know what a person is going through, but that's never really true because we all react to, handle, and process situations differently - and many times the ones that break us may not be about the particular thing or event, but just a cumulation of things. So, I don't know what you're going through personally or the full toll of how it is affecting you mentally, but I can relate to being at a point of just trying to hang in there but feeling like enough is enough - and yet things just won't quit going wrong.

A lot of times when someone expresses what's wrong or what's going on with them, especially in a public setting like this, people will share experiences with them and have the best of intentions and just trying to relate to them, but sometimes it may come off as trying to change the emphasis from being on the person (in this case, you), to being about them.

I just wanted to make sure that you knew that that was not what I'm trying to do at all, my only goal in mentioning my own personal struggles and journey is to let you know that even though I know that no one can exactly know how a particular situation affects me, you, or anyone else, that I can relate to the feelings of being at a breaking point and being totally overwhelmed at health, at life, and the impact that health issues have on the desire to even be here any more.

I have a lot of health issues including a rare endocrinology condition and an autoimmune disorder that make it hard, if not impossible some days to get out of bed or get into my vehicle; and even on days where I can, it can be so discouraging that there are many days I sit down at my desk and just think to myself - whey even bother; and then, last February I was run over by a car and broke my shoulder and my right leg in 3 places, including completely snapping my tibia and having it come out through my calf muscle. I was airlifted, in a trauma center for 10 days, a wheelchair for 5 weeks, and then did physical therapy 5 days a week for 6 months, and now almost a year later I'm still in constant pain and am learning how to walk again.

You mentioning the gym as your happy place made me smile because I'm so happy for you that you can still go and I so respect your motivation and dedication to it.

My favorite thing in life is helping people and I love doing disaster response work and work overseas and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to walk well enough to do a lot of the things I had hoped to get to do; and I love whitewater rafting and on the river doing that is one of the things I would have described as my happy place, and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to again - but as much as my heart hurts for you and what you're going through, your comment about the gym being your happy place made me smile and so happy for you.

Thanks I'm so tired to be honest and I'm only here because I don't want my nephews to not have an auntie. That's the only reason I'm here
That is very sweet and very respectable and commendable of you.

Sometimes when we have bad thoughts, its important to have a plan to be here for - whether its an event next week or just something to look forward to that will get us through the next day, sometimes just the next hour.

I would encourage you to think of things, plans, things to look forward to with your nephews as something to kind of mentally say to yourself that 'okay, I'm going to be around until at least then'.

I am a therapist lol so no I don't talk to anyone I just do it
This is the post that I read from you that made me really sure I wanted to reply here.

My background and education is in counseling myself. I already worked in the supplement industry by the time I finished my degree and certifications, and I never wanted counseling to be a 'job' because I do it because I want to, because I like to help people. For me, my passion is trauma counseling and disaster response.

I've struggled with anxiety and depression since 6th grade and for most of my life, even in the darkest of moments, I haven't had many people that were really truly here for me - and that led to a goal for me that I wanted to be the person for other people that I had wished that I had someone be for me.

I know that people with counseling and therapist backgrounds are sadly some of the ones that are the least likely to seek help when we could probably use it ourselves, because its like we're programmed in that mindset that we're supposed to be the ones helping others people.

It does matter because you do matter - I don't know your situation or story, but I would say that you matter at least to your nephews and your cat; and even if you feel you don't matter to others now, maybe getting through the challenges that you're facing will turn out to be something that you can share with someone in the future that may matter to them and make all the difference in the world.

I do know how it feels though to feel that you don't matter, because I spend almost every day of my life feeling that way myself - feeling overwhelmed, like I don't have it in me to beat or even face anymore challenges. I can't honestly tell you that I myself will make it through the ones I'm going through now, but I'd like to encourage you to try to yourself - for yourself, your nephews, your cat, and for anyone else whose life your story and victories may inspire in the future.

Sadly this is not my first time with this and it will not be my last so you're right my cats don't want my money or my nephews but I'm too tired. I've done this too many times before and it never works for long so it's almost like a lupus or a cancer you get a remission than bam it's a year long flare ......people have a lot worse things than I do I get that and I'm not trying to have a pity party for myself. I just have no place to put anything because I can't post on my Facebook page, I can't talk to my friends about this, because they would all run back to my sister and just be a complete in a disaster.
You mentioned Lupus here and that's very similar to the autoimmune condition that I have - it can flare up for a week to months at a time and it may be a few times a year or I've felt like I've lost entire years to it.

You mentioned that there are people that have worse things - and that's true, but that doesn't diminish what you're going through and how overwhelmed your are and what you're going through. There are always people that are going through worse things, there are people that are going through lesser things - but what we as people go through is unique and significant to us - and you expressing that, I don't take as a pity party at all. I take it as you needing to get some things out and this being one of the only 'safe' places that you feel like you can.

I truly respect that your nephews and cats give you motivation and encouragement - I'm a single dad myself to a special needs daughter and her and my pets are the only reason I'm still here myself; and even with them as a focus, its still super hard and very much a day by day process to try to hang in here.

I hope that I've been able to provide at least a little bit of encouragement to you and even though I don't know you, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
As I sat on the floor this morning crying at my house and my nephew knocked on the door walked in just gave me the biggest bear hug. He's about 62, 230 he's an EMT just took his EMT C class passed it. He's just a really good kid and he was like auntie why are you crying stop crying and the more he said it the more I couldn't stop the floodgates opened and I just couldn't stop them. I think he must've sat for about 20 minutes and just let me cry that is a sign of a really good kid and I never want him to see me like that and he has never seen me like that Though and he asked me what was wrong I told him I said you know I am having a hard time I said what keeps me here is you and your brother and I said I love you guys more than anything I said, but the other aspect on the fighting with my sister .....my parents both passed away suddenly about four years ago and I had moved home to help my mom and then my mom passed so I've been stuck with this house that is literally bleeding me and dry so my sister and I own the home I live there and I pay all the bills so that's the taxes that's the mortgage that's everything on one salary, although I work two jobs now with my health issues which flare up and I've been fairly decent the past couple years, but this is a bad flare. I don't know how long they'll last I never do .....now it's hard I can only do one job that's even hard for me and the other day she called me and said you're short on rent if you keep it up I'm gonna buy you out and I don't know where you'll go so that just sent me over the edge into a crying spell so of course you know my nephews like I'll say some thing and I said no I don't want you to. I just want you to know that if I suddenly move and I don't keep in contact with your mom that has nothing to do with you and I love you and I will always be here for you. I have a very special relationship with him. I would take him every Friday night and he would sleep over my apartment with my roommate and we would be up late watching a movie, laughing and giggling and so he and I are very close so I said that will never change. You will always be the love that I have for you is real, and it will always be no matter where I go in the matter if I talk to your mom or not, I'm like I will always have you in my life and he was like nope I'm not gonna let it get to that long story back-and-forth but such a good kid play just such a good kid .....OK I never met him to see me like that but he walked in at the bad time and just kind of caught me in a chair crying, so yeah so now I have my sister threatening to kick me out with no place to go even though I pay all those bills because I was $50 short on the mortgage and I'm like you couldn't just put in $50 for the mortgage like I don't understand we both own the home like I pay all the bills so I live here I get it but I never wanted a house. I always wanted a condo. I was shopping for a condo and everything happen. My plans got put on hold so I could come home and help my mom then my mom passed suddenly so now I'm stuck with a home that I really can't afford. I mean it's a three bedroom 2 1/2 bath built-in swimming pool three car garage it's huge it's so much for me You know you need to keep up with it and cleaning like every week it's like OK Monday take the family room Tuesday. Take that room Wednesday take that room you know my sister works three days a week because she's a princess and thinks that that qualifies her to you know judge my life and how I'm living it the wrong way and the funny thing about that is last week she called me and said she thought I should be on disability because of what I'm going through and then this week I get You owe me $50 you're a $50 short the bank What the bitch it in like I don't know what you want me to do. It's a good thing I don't eat because I couldn't afford to eat ......She's like when I looked in her checking account because I use her washer. She had $18,000 in her checking account are you fucking kidding me right now you're up my ass about $50 or you have $18,000 and on top of that I find out she has a secret account that she had sent to my house. Stupid move on her part, With $35,000 in it I was floored. I opened it up and almost like dropped off floor I was like wait a minute I'm killing myself paying for a home and you have 35,000 hidden dollars from your husband and children that now I know about so I can't say anything because I know about it but I can't say anything, because she knows that I opened her mail, even though it came to my house She would have a stroke, so I'm sitting on all this pent-up, anger and resentment and it's gonna come out in a bad way, but I need her tomorrow to take me to the hospital for my G-tube so I can't do it until after that but I don't know how much longer I can haul all of this in with her it's like she's turned into this like money monster And I don't understand where that came from. Anyway, my rant is over that's about it for today that's enough for today

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As I sat on the floor this morning crying at my house and my nephew knocked on the door walked in just gave me the biggest bear hug. He's about 62, 230 he's an EMT just took his EMT C class passed it. He's just a really good kid and he was like auntie why are you crying stop crying and the more he said it the more I couldn't stop the floodgates opened and I just couldn't stop them. I think he must've sat for about 20 minutes and just let me cry that is a sign of a really good kid and I never want him to see me like that and he has never seen me like that Though and he asked me what was wrong I told him I said you know I am having a hard time I said what keeps me here is you and your brother and I said I love you guys more than anything I said, but the other aspect on the fighting with my sister .....my parents both passed away suddenly about four years ago and I had moved home to help my mom and then my mom passed so I've been stuck with this house that is literally bleeding me and dry so my sister and I own the home I live there and I pay all the bills so that's the taxes that's the mortgage that's everything on one salary, although I work two jobs now with my health issues which flare up and I've been fairly decent the past couple years, but this is a bad flare. I don't know how long they'll last I never do .....now it's hard I can only do one job that's even hard for me and the other day she called me and said you're short on rent if you keep it up I'm gonna buy you out and I don't know where you'll go so that just sent me over the edge into a crying spell so of course you know my nephews like I'll say some thing and I said no I don't want you to. I just want you to know that if I suddenly move and I don't keep in contact with your mom that has nothing to do with you and I love you and I will always be here for you. I have a very special relationship with him. I would take him every Friday night and he would sleep over my apartment with my roommate and we would be up late watching a movie, laughing and giggling and so he and I are very close so I said that will never change. You will always be the love that I have for you is real, and it will always be no matter where I go in the matter if I talk to your mom or not, I'm like I will always have you in my life and he was like nope I'm not gonna let it get to that long story back-and-forth but such a good kid play just such a good kid .....OK I never met him to see me like that but he walked in at the bad time and just kind of caught me in a chair crying, so yeah so now I have my sister threatening to kick me out with no place to go even though I pay all those bills because I was $50 short on the mortgage and I'm like you couldn't just put in $50 for the mortgage like I don't understand we both own the home like I pay all the bills so I live here I get it but I never wanted a house. I always wanted a condo. I was shopping for a condo and everything happen. My plans got put on hold so I could come home and help my mom then my mom passed suddenly so now I'm stuck with a home that I really can't afford. I mean it's a three bedroom 2 1/2 bath built-in swimming pool three car garage it's huge it's so much for me You know you need to keep up with it and cleaning like every week it's like OK Monday take the family room Tuesday. Take that room Wednesday take that room you know my sister works three days a week because she's a princess and thinks that that qualifies her to you know judge my life and how I'm living it the wrong way and the funny thing about that is last week she called me and said she thought I should be on disability because of what I'm going through and then this week I get You owe me $50 you're a $50 short the bank What the bitch it in like I don't know what you want me to do. It's a good thing I don't eat because I couldn't afford to eat ......She's like when I looked in her checking account because I use her washer. She had $18,000 in her checking account are you fucking kidding me right now you're up my ass about $50 or you have $18,000 and on top of that I find out she has a secret account that she had sent to my house. Stupid move on her part, With $35,000 in it I was floored. I opened it up and almost like dropped off floor I was like wait a minute I'm killing myself paying for a home and you have 35,000 hidden dollars from your husband and children that now I know about so I can't say anything because I know about it but I can't say anything, because she knows that I opened her mail, even though it came to my house She would have a stroke, so I'm sitting on all this pent-up, anger and resentment and it's gonna come out in a bad way, but I need her tomorrow to take me to the hospital for my G-tube so I can't do it until after that but I don't know how much longer I can haul all of this in with her it's like she's turned into this like money monster And I don't understand where that came from. Anyway, my rant is over that's about it for today that's enough for today
It seems like you have so much negativity and so many things going on from so many different directions, that you're unable to catch your breathe long enough to focus on you and your own health.

I feel for you because you remind me so much of me and my life - not the same issues but the same concept in negativity just flying in from all directions and you being the person that has always done for everyone leading people to expect more and more out of you when you yourself are falling apart, physically and emotionally. It's a terrible situation to be in.

I hope that your appointment goes well for you today, or at least as good as it can under the circumstances.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Well, I appreciate that my appointments tomorrow to get my G-tube not really thrilled about the idea of having that again but I kind of have no choice. I just got my pick line cleaned. I got some blood taken so we'll see I always love hearing from the pharmacist stuff oh, I'm gonna add this to your bag. I'm gonna add that to your bag or here. I'm gonna add these and you have to inject them with a needle and you have to add these to your bag and I'm like really this bag is costing my insurance company $600 a day for seven days a week so you do the math but yet you can't add any lipids to my pharmacy meat bag for me I have to Lol just doesn't make sense to me... I really do feel like I have negativity from every direction and I've cut out so many people that were negative, just because I don't like drama, I don't like issues with people. If I have an issue with you I'll tell you and then we can move on I was raised with a lot of boys so I feel like that's where that comes from most girls I've learned hold onto it my sister being one of them and then I learned six months later that she was mad at me for something I did six months before in my head that makes no sense because you never told me, so how can I explain it and be try to not do it again if I knew what I did so it just makes me laugh when I hear people talk about. I told him what he did you know I he knows what he did well clearly he doesn't because I fall on that same boat they she'll be mad at me for a week and not talk to me and then I'll get this nasty long text message so it's come to the point where she's on silent notification per permanently and I won't ever take her off of it because there are days I can handle her negativity and her other days I just can't and this week is one of those times but sadly I need to use her tomorrow to take me to my appointment because I can't drive or I would drive myself if I might just lie and drive myself because I just don't feel like dealing with it and whatever happens happens so I'm not that far from the hospital so I should be safe to drive home

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
So tomorrow I get my g tube :( picc line and g tube never had that before and it's makes me sad I remember proud Covid I was teaching 15-18 spin classes a week, always struggled with eating, and working at the hospital I had it all and I blame those damn vaccines. Never been right since but it's not all there fault but it didn't help. ........

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Wow no Text I've been down graded. No tube was not safe to do.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Well, the news came in today they can't do the surgery because I'm too medically fragile so I have to gain at least 25 pounds before she'll surgically stick a tube in my stomach and that's how I will eat right now I have a tube that goes into my arm that goes directly into my heart and that's how I get pumped in nutrients it's a Pharmacy made bag particularly for me with everything I'm lacking so I'm not eating and yeah fun times not very happy,

Last edited:
toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
My next, and only option is to ask my doctor for a G-tube, which bypasses your stomach completely and goes into a small intestines where they could probably do that with me under light sedation wear for some reason I couldn't do it my stomach because of all the scar tissue because I've had a tooth before that failed so yeah sometimes