A New Way To Think About Vitamin D

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
So some of you may already have heard after 10 years of doing SHR I have finally put my toe into the Supplement Industry waters. Primal-D is the first high-performance topically delivered Vitamin D supplement. You're probably asking yourself why? Why a topically delivered D? Well here's the science behind it. I'd love your opinion/comments/questions. There's also a full PDF of the science at the top of the page if you prefer something portable/printable. Thanks - Carl

The Science Behind | Primal-D

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
If you think the science is sound and you currently take Vitamin D you can save $20 off a bottle of Primal-D with coupon code FLASH5995. I single bottle of Primal-D has 420 applications. If you use 2 sprays a day like I do a bottle will last you the the entire winter or longer. http://primal-d.com

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
iv been thinking about a topical vitamin D for a while definitely intersted to learn more

QuinoaSucks

QuinoaSucks

Awards
I take about 5000iu's of vit. D sublingually every day. Topical sounds interesting though.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using Primal D for about 3 weeks now.

Blood work doesn't lie, and it moved my Vit D levels from 51 to 71. More importantly, I can feel this stuff. It's not a stimulant of course, but it does impart clean, jitter free energy that surprised me. I learned right quick to apply it in the AM. It's also helped with my mood, as I'm prone to SAD or Seasonal Affect Disorder (lack of sunlight).

It's convenient, cost-effective and it works. One bottle and I'm set for a year, great product IMO..

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
I take about 5000iu's of vit. D sublingually every day. Topical sounds interesting though.
I used to take sub-lingual D3 but it's no more appropriate than oral or (which they use in RCT) injection. We don't get D3 through our mouth (unless you fall asleep on your back with your mouth open in the sun :) ) and we certainly don't get D3 PRODUCED IN OUR MUSCLES. We get D3 synthesized in our skin. Period. I just had a scientist on my show that talked about this. That almost all D3 research uses oral or injected D3 and this may be why the results don't always support what we expect when we look at populations that get a lot of sun and see the benefits of D3 from sun exposure.,

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I've been using Primal D for about 3 weeks now.

Blood work doesn't lie, and it moved my Vit D levels from 51 to 71. More importantly, I can feel this stuff. It's not a stimulant of course, but it does impart clean, jitter free energy that surprised me. I learned right quick to apply it in the AM. It's also helped with my mood, as I'm prone to SAD or Seasonal Affect Disorder (lack of sunlight).

It's convenient, cost-effective and it works. One bottle and I'm set for a year, great product IMO..
I have notice it boosts some energy, I use 1-2 sprays a day, I dig it for sure

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have notice it boosts some energy, I use 1-2 sprays a day, I dig it for sure
Yes, very noticeable for me. I made the mistake of applying my first dose in the late afternoon.It's just Vit D, I thought. Normally asleep by 9, 10 at the latest. Was up past midnight... :)

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
slightly off topic but still relevant , has anyone else noticed any social anxiety/ not wanting to be social and feeling mentally slow when they dont take vitaminD? i wonder because now that its winter and i get less sun exposure if i forget to take vitamin D for a day or so i definitely feel like i have anxiety and less energy and it seems to go away when i actually do take the vitamin D

i havent experimented with topical this is all pill form

QuinoaSucks

QuinoaSucks

Awards
Yeah man, look up seasonal affective disorder, pretty common in people who don't get much son in the winter.

In addition to vitamin d, sunlamp therapy has been shown to help depression almost as much as Prozac in some cases.

A sunlamp is basically just a lamp that emits full spectrum light (minus the ultraviolet spectrum). In addition to stimulating vitamin d production having the full spectrum light hit your eyes helps to regulate your circadian rhythm and as such is also a treatment for insomnia.

made2last

Awards
Can liquid D3 be applied topically instead of sublingually to get the same effect?

HCinfo

Awards
Hi Triceptor,
quick question about the research PDF on the site. I had a look at the research by Mir Sadat-Ali which you quote on the PDF, and the research is just looking at vitamin D absorption through the skin, and doesn't test the oral absorption. Where do the figures for the -7% for the oral administration come from?

Thanks,

HCinfo

Awards
I think the research PDF on the primal-d site is slightly wrong, the graph says that oral vitamin D intake went down by 7%, which isn't true. The 7% reduction group didn't take any vitamin D supplement (transdermal or otherwise). They applied aloe gel to their skin.

Took me a while to work out what you had done there, but I was very surprised to see you claim that oral vitamin D actually caused a reduction in vitamin D levels!

You might want to sort out your PDF - it looks like you are falsifying vit D absorption, which makes you look bad.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Any issues with drinking a gallon of milk a day ?

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I think the research PDF on the primal-d site is slightly wrong, the graph says that oral vitamin D intake went down by 7%, which isn't true. The 7% reduction group didn't take any vitamin D supplement (transdermal or otherwise). They applied aloe gel to their skin.

Took me a while to work out what you had done there, but I was very surprised to see you claim that oral vitamin D actually caused a reduction in vitamin D levels!

You might want to sort out your PDF - it looks like you are falsifying vit D absorption, which makes you look bad.
Well unlike natural Vit D from the Sun, if you ingest too much Vit D your body will reduce Vit D overall, versus from the sun, your body will just stop making Vit D when it has enough. Enough comes from only about 10 min of sunlight a day on about 20% of your body. When the days are short, or if it is cloudy OR you get little direct sun, you need about 3000mcg a day supplement.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Well unlike natural Vit D from the Sun, if you ingest too much Vit D your body will reduce Vit D overall, versus from the sun, your body will just stop making Vit D when it has enough. Enough comes from only about 10 min of sunlight a day on about 20% of your body. When the days are short, or if it is cloudy OR you get little direct sun, you need about 3000mcg a day supplement.
Does a sun lamp help with synthesizing vitamin D? I know it helps with SAD.

Gonzalez_8

Awards
Thank you very much for sharing health benefits of Vitamin D foods. In my opinion, vitamins and nutrients should be taken regularly. If one can’t eat healthy food then these nutrients can be taken in the form of herbal Green supplements which are completely organic.

kdc1023

Awards
I wouldnt go without some sort of Vitamin D supp. I havent used primal D but I got some good results from the topical d3. Helps with depression and mood in general. I noticed cod liver oil(has vitamin A+D) helps my skin recover faster and prevent damage from a day in the sun.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very interesting. Looks like good stuff and a huge fan of dmso so best of luck w your endeavors sir.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
All vitamins and minerals need balance with each other. If you have no deficiency then supplementing is going to cuae your levels to get screwed up. Vitamin D is responsible to taking in calcium. Excess D takes in too much calcium and stores it in places it should not such as soft tissues and arteries. K2 balances this effect.

Blind gat soluble vitamin supplementation should be avoided without proper bloodwork backing it.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All vitamins and minerals need balance with each other. If you have no deficiency then supplementing is going to cuae your levels to get screwed up. Vitamin D is responsible to taking in calcium. Excess D takes in too much calcium and stores it in places it should not such as soft tissues and arteries. K2 balances this effect.

Blind gat soluble vitamin supplementation should be avoided without proper bloodwork backing it.
How much K2 do you need to take if you take 10K IU of Vit D3 daily.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
How much K2 do you need to take if you take 10K IU of Vit D3 daily.
Good question. I dont think it has to do with how much you are taking but more what your levels currently are. Ill have to find the source and check.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I am not even sure if milk has Vitamin D in it. Anyways that's a lot of sugar.
You're right. Vitamin D in milk is hit or miss. The milk they have at my local stores have vitamins A and D added. About 100IU per 8 oz. Not very much, regardless