M1911

M1911

Awards
I’m one week into this run.
Starting @
4 pumps Icon One
4 pumps U Epi
2 pumps Dermacrine

My life isn’t interesting enough to do a log, but I may do before/afters in this post towards the end. Starting at 161lbs. I’d love to end up recomped and still in the low 160’s. At my short stature I feel best overall at 150-160, but it’s been a long time since I’ve been in this range and lean at the same time.

Even at one week in I’m loving this combination. My cut with Icon 11 (85 mg 11keto/day) and Dermacrine in Jan & Feb was so enjoyable it took discipline to hold off for a wise amount of time to give this a try.

I’d like input on two points:
-Would any of you who’ve ran Icon One say you saw significant benefits to split dosing per day? I’m currently dosing everything at once.
-Could Anyone recommend dropping the Epi during the last 4 weeks and switch to 3AD? I got one of the 3AD beta bottles and can’t decide to try it during a cut in several months or throw it in now for gains.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
keep dosing one dose in morning.

i just ran my 1 bottle of td 3-AD and for me it was more of a gainer than cutter...based on this my advice would be to add it in now and save the epi for the cut.

btw-i agree completely icon 11 is fantastic...it is back in stock and bogo 50% off...use code ELEVEN

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m in for this

M1911

M1911

Awards
Thanks BigT!
To clarify, I only have one bottle of the 3AD. My impression is it is stronger than Epiandro, so I’ll keep my regimen as current through week 4, then drop the Epi and replace it with the bottle of 3AD on week 5 @ 50mg (1ml) per day until finished. As you suggested, I will keep TD application to once per day.

This is still week 2, so far I’m getting mild night sweats, appetite hasn’t changed much, surprisingly. If anything it might be a bit lower than usual, but my energy intake is about 500cals over maintenance per day. I planned on more like 200-300 over maintenance but I’ve had more frequent meals with people outside of my household... will tighten it up if fat gain looks like an issue as I’m going. Energy and strength don’t feel up yet, but endurance feels up (only with weights, my cardio is in the pot compared to last 10 years when I focused on endurance sports). Muscle glycogen feels slammed full. I haven’t weighed myself since starting because I tend to put too emphasis on daily swings. It’ll be a bigger surprise to wait a bit. I’ve crushed a few big meals in the last week and had that paradoxical effect like after a night of drinking when you wake up and expect to look like garbage but instead you look dehydrated and leaned out. I’ve put away some big dinners and wake up looking as lean as the day before. markers indicate to me my metabolism is speeding up (sexy stuff like increased body temp & poop frequency). Still thinking My goal is to come out around 165 from starting at 161 with improved body composition. Feeling great so far!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks BigT!
To clarify, I only have one bottle of the 3AD. My impression is it is stronger than Epiandro, so I’ll keep my regimen as current through week 4, then drop the Epi and replace it with the bottle of 3AD on week 5 @ 50mg (1ml) per day until finished. As you suggested, I will keep TD application to once per day.

This is still week 2, so far I’m getting mild night sweats, appetite hasn’t changed much, surprisingly. If anything it might be a bit lower than usual, but my energy intake is about 500cals over maintenance per day. I planned on more like 200-300 over maintenance but I’ve had more frequent meals with people outside of my household... will tighten it up if fat gain looks like an issue as I’m going. Energy and strength don’t feel up yet, but endurance feels up (only with weights, my cardio is in the pot compared to last 10 years when I focused on endurance sports). Muscle glycogen feels slammed full. I haven’t weighed myself since starting because I tend to put too emphasis on daily swings. It’ll be a bigger surprise to wait a bit. I’ve crushed a few big meals in the last week and had that paradoxical effect like after a night of drinking when you wake up and expect to look like garbage but instead you look dehydrated and leaned out. I’ve put away some big dinners and wake up looking as lean as the day before. markers indicate to me my metabolism is speeding up (sexy stuff like increased body temp & poop frequency). Still thinking My goal is to come out around 165 from starting at 161 with improved body composition. Feeling great so far!
you seem to be in tune with your body, this is a really good thing....all hormonals take some time it wasn't until week 5 that my similar cycle started to shine, glad you are seeing results at only 2 weeks in but trust me, the best is yet to come.

don't feel lonely, i don't have much patience either, lol.

i want what i want
when i want it....just sayin

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks BigT!

Having a plan is always one of the best way to start. Knowing your nutritional needs helps greatly as well. Sounds like this plan should go pretty well for you.

M1911

M1911

Awards
This run got bombed, unfortunately. Loved the first 3 weeks with muscle fullness, weekly (small, but real 2.5-7.5lb PR’s on most lifts!) PR’s, etc. Was really looking forward to weeks 5-8 where I keep hearing the effects “kick in” best, but at the start of week 4 I was doing a deadlift workout, trying to go up safely in poundage since I have chronic back problems and just started being able to work back “heavy” earlier this year… so tried an 8 rep max, succeeded, then quickly figured out I’d blown that sucker out. Praise God it doesn’t feel like spinal column, but more like either muscle or/and connective tissues where one or two ribs connect to my spine. It’s been major and limited me to little lifting the first week which made things worse, so I just finished a second week of no lifting but doing some very light cardio. Also got sick the second week with sinus crud my newborn brought home. Have felt like I could sleep (and have a few times!) 10-12 hrs per day easily.

Overall, I gained strength in 4 weeks, went from ~161 - ~166lbs (went over intake on planned diet too many times, got a little soft, purely my fault!).

My plan going forward is since weeks 4&5 were shot and I still can’t lift heavy without high pain or risking further back injury, I’m planning to stay on 4 pumps/day of icon one and 4pumps/day ultra epi. Planning to drop/save the dermacrine since it just seems redundant with icon one in the mix. Seems a good idea to keep cals in a mild (~200 cal) deficit and attempt to drop some of the water + fat I may have picked up so far, essentially turning this into a make-the-best-of-it situation.

Can you guys give any input on what you would consider doing in my situation? If I could still favorably recomp some in the next 3+ weeks with icon one + epi despite low exercise intensity, I’ll stick with my plan.
I could optionally save the remaining ~4 weeks worth of icon one for another similar run in the distant future, and switch to something else on hand (I have IF Alpha 7, & 11keto) for same goals if it seemed like a wise idea for the situation, but my understanding leads me to think it’d be pointless right now to stop altogether since I’m surely shut down to some degree anyways, and switching to another compound for only 3-4 weeks probably wouldn’t give time for buildup of exerted effects of the new compound. Please give input if im being short sighted!

Wish I could report that I’d been conservative & wise with pushing weak body parts during this run and it’d gone better, but any input is appreciated guys.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Stay the course! Is there anything you can do to treat the back injury? Foam roller, sauna, massage gun and now the yoga wheel all help me work through my chronic back issues.
Even if you can’t resolve the injury, I’d say keep taking the products and find isolation or machine exercises you could do while you finish up the run.

BTW, I’m also in the 160’s and two weeks in on Icon1 and UltraHard. 4 pumps was too much for me, so I dropped it down to 3 - I was so flush and glowing red. I agree with your decision to wait on the dermacrine, that would be redundant.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This run got bombed, unfortunately. Loved the first 3 weeks with muscle fullness, weekly (small, but real 2.5-7.5lb PR’s on most lifts!) PR’s, etc. Was really looking forward to weeks 5-8 where I keep hearing the effects “kick in” best, but at the start of week 4 I was doing a deadlift workout, trying to go up safely in poundage since I have chronic back problems and just started being able to work back “heavy” earlier this year… so tried an 8 rep max, succeeded, then quickly figured out I’d blown that sucker out. Praise God it doesn’t feel like spinal column, but more like either muscle or/and connective tissues where one or two ribs connect to my spine. It’s been major and limited me to little lifting the first week which made things worse, so I just finished a second week of no lifting but doing some very light cardio. Also got sick the second week with sinus crud my newborn brought home. Have felt like I could sleep (and have a few times!) 10-12 hrs per day easily.

Overall, I gained strength in 4 weeks, went from ~161 - ~166lbs (went over intake on planned diet too many times, got a little soft, purely my fault!).

My plan going forward is since weeks 4&5 were shot and I still can’t lift heavy without high pain or risking further back injury, I’m planning to stay on 4 pumps/day of icon one and 4pumps/day ultra epi. Planning to drop/save the dermacrine since it just seems redundant with icon one in the mix. Seems a good idea to keep cals in a mild (~200 cal) deficit and attempt to drop some of the water + fat I may have picked up so far, essentially turning this into a make-the-best-of-it situation.

Can you guys give any input on what you would consider doing in my situation? If I could still favorably recomp some in the next 3+ weeks with icon one + epi despite low exercise intensity, I’ll stick with my plan.
I could optionally save the remaining ~4 weeks worth of icon one for another similar run in the distant future, and switch to something else on hand (I have IF Alpha 7, & 11keto) for same goals if it seemed like a wise idea for the situation, but my understanding leads me to think it’d be pointless right now to stop altogether since I’m surely shut down to some degree anyways, and switching to another compound for only 3-4 weeks probably wouldn’t give time for buildup of exerted effects of the new compound. Please give input if im being short sighted!

Wish I could report that I’d been conservative & wise with pushing weak body parts during this run and it’d gone better, but any input is appreciated guys.
dermacrine is not as redundant as you might think...keep on running what you have been running you don't want to change things this far in--if any fatigue or loss of libido do occur then add a couple pumps of dermacrine until things improve then continue the dermacrine a couple of days a week.

M1911

M1911

Awards
Thanks for the encouragements!
I’ll make the most of it and continue the run with alternative lifts to keep pressure off the affected back area. I was able to do a moderate upper body workout last night with decent success.
I’ll start using my TENS unit, and if I can do pull-ups without too much pain I’ll resume old physical therapy moves that helped it a lot 1-2 years ago. When I get back to trying deadlifts in the future, maybe I’ll go for higher rep “conditioning” work on such lifts for a few more months instead of going for heavy max lifts. I had all kinds of running injuries over the last decade, and it always amazed me how fast muscle adapts to hard training compared to connective tissues and bone, so I’ll keep that in mind going forward!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the encouragements!
I’ll make the most of it and continue the run with alternative lifts to keep pressure off the affected back area. I was able to do a moderate upper body workout last night with decent success.
I’ll start using my TENS unit, and if I can do pull-ups without too much pain I’ll resume old physical therapy moves that helped it a lot 1-2 years ago. When I get back to trying deadlifts in the future, maybe I’ll go for higher rep “conditioning” work on such lifts for a few more months instead of going for heavy max lifts. I had all kinds of running injuries over the last decade, and it always amazed me how fast muscle adapts to hard training compared to connective tissues and bone, so I’ll keep that in mind going forward!
i will be pulling for you--good luck!!!