Unanswered 50 in < one month

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ll be 50 in less than a month. Really tired of busting my ass in the gym-since 1985 and no longer making any worthwhile or noticeable gains. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

stock28

Awards
  • Established
Yep, older you get the harder it gets to make noticeable progress, especially if you’ve been training properly for years. Just keep this in mind, think about what the average 50 year old man looks like today. My guess is you’re probably in better shape than the average 30 year old man. Makes all the effort worth while. Hang in there and keep working.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, older you get the harder it gets to make noticeable progress, especially if you’ve been training properly for years. Just keep this in mind, think about what the average 50 year old man looks like today. My guess is you’re probably in better shape than the average 30 year old man. Makes all the effort worth while. Hang in there and keep working.
Thanks, I appreciate the support.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have you had bloods done recently to assess hormone levels? I jumped on TRT when I turned 50 and think its fantastic.
Any heart disease in your family? If so, get a calcium score CT scan done. (Just some advices from another old-guy).

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same here, but a little older. Had some health issues last fall and some personal issues for the last couple years which has really set me back. Seems like I'm having a really hard time staying with it.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bloods done the other day. I have elevated TEST but symptoms of low Test.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bloods done the other day. I have elevated TEST but symptoms of low Test.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
61 years old here, I don't make gains like I used to but I do look better than some of my 50 year old friends and that makes it all worth while !! Keep hitting the gym brother !!

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
61 years old here, I don't make gains like I used to but I do look better than some of my 50 year old friends and that makes it all worth while !! Keep hitting the gym brother !!
Thanks
Will do

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
I’m right there with you! I’m frustrated as hell, but I’m determined that there’s a happy medium in it somewhere.