3rd week into 1st cycle, need help...

INWORK

Awards
I'm hoping you guys can provide advice to help me make my 1st cycle a success...( I have done a few OTC designer cycles in the past)

Cycle:
Sust 250 X 10 - 12 weeks (undecided)
Mon. & Fri. injections @ .75cc's (192mgs) may bump up to a full 250 mg per injection
PP @ 30mgs each day for first 30 days
A-Dex @ .5 EOD (started one week into cycle)

Post cycle therapy:
Nolva 40,30,20,20,10
I will also include a cortisol controlling agent

Stats:
38 years old - 5'9", training for a solid three years, starting weight was 175. BF% unknown, I usually go by measurements because I feel this is more accurate.

Body type:
I am usually on a calorie deficit or at maintenance trying to fight off my "natural disposition" of being overweight.

Problem:

I started the cycle @ 175lbs with a measurement of 34 3/4" across the navel (this is my fat indicator). In the last three years I've been from 41" (starting out) to as low as 33 1/2".

Going into the cycle I set my goals to get to 195lbs and the navel measurement to stay under 36". This would be a 20lb gain and only 1 1/4" gain of fat. Of course I've been eating like a mad man! Monday will be the START of my 3rd week and I've already gained 15lbs and 1 1/4" across the navel! Some of this I'm sure is because of me staying in a deficit and then doubling my calorie intake.

I've kept cardio out so far because I have been bombing my legs twice a week and quite frankly do good to walk most days.

I am trying to clean up my diet, but what else do you guys think would help? Should I lower my calories back to maintenance for a few weeks, cut calories and run the cycle on out like a cutter, etc.? Keeping the fat off from here on out is of high importance to me.

Thanks in advance guys...

INWORK

Awards
Bump...

Anyone have anything to add? Just looking for some suggestions.

Thinking outloud I may just keep doing what I've been doing until it I hit 195 - 200 pounds then figure out what maintenance will be and stay there for the remainder of the cycle. At the rate I'm gaining I should be there within two weeks. This would be a 20 - 25 pound gain in four weeks, but with more fat than I wanted. Then the last 6 - 8 weeks of the cycle will be a light cut / recomp trying to get rid of some of the new fat.

Any opinions???

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Hey INWORK...try posting on Mon. Most of the guys aren't online on the w/e.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you cannot gain muscle and lose fat at the same time on a hypercaloric diet. especially on only testosterone and at that low of a dose

You are just not using enough testosterone...you have used OTC orals before, why would you low dose the testosterone?

INWORK

Awards
you cannot gain muscle and lose fat at the same time on a hypercaloric diet. especially on only testosterone and at that low of a dose

You are just not using enough testosterone...you have used OTC orals before, why would you low dose the testosterone?
My original goals for the cycle was to gain a pretty clean 20 - 25 pounds over 10 - 12 weeks. What it has turned into was gaining 15lbs over the first two weeks. The fat I've gained in these two weeks is what I thought I would gain over the entire cycle. I am probably sitting around 15 - 16%bf right now.

I am just surprised at how quick the weight came on. So here's the plan for the remainder of the cycle:

CLEAN AS HELL DIET. I know about eating clean as I am usually cutting...I just got a little crazy thinking "bulk" and let my diet get out of hand.

CALORIES. Continue eating above maintenance, just put a roof on it. Will figure out maintenance and eat 300 - 500 calories above.

TEST. Go ahead and run @ 500mgs each week (currently at 385mgs per week) as has been recommended over and over on this site.

ROUTINE. Cut leg workout back to one time per week so I can re-introduce cardio 2 - 3 times a weeks.

Don't get me wrong guys, I am having a blast so far on this run! Libido is UP, strength is up, 15lbs in two weeks! What is not to love? I am just a little worried about the rest of the cycle and know I need to address it now.

I really don't want to cut on my first "real" run, I'm just freakin' out a little.

So now that I've collected myself, how does the remainder of the run sound???

azr101

azr101

Awards
Sus cycle

Just curious is there a reason for injecting twice per week? I've cycled Sus. redijects before and the injection sites were so sore that I was glad to only do one shot per week.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just curious is there a reason for injecting twice per week? I've cycled Sus. redijects before and the injection sites were so sore that I was glad to only do one shot per week.
that is absolutely the incorrect way to run sustanon...

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I love how some people percieve a clean as hell diet as one with cereal, and cheat meals. NO cheat meals! No cereal! Chicken, tuna, brown rice long grain, old fashioned oatemeal, spinach, sparringly use a little fruit, natty PB, olive oil, lean ground beef... NOTHING PROCESSED! :smite:

INWORK

Awards
Looks like you have got everything under control from here on out
Thanks for reading. I'm thinking of logging this thinking it would help hold me accountable... When so I'll attach the link in this thread if you guys are interested...

Thanks to everyone who replied with thoughts / suggestions. Next injection---tomorrow morning!

INWORK

Awards
I love how some people percieve a clean as hell diet as one with cereal, and cheat meals. NO cheat meals! No cereal! Chicken, tuna, brown rice long grain, old fashioned oatemeal, spinach, sparringly use a little fruit, natty PB, olive oil, lean ground beef... NOTHING PROCESSED! :smite:
Got it!

Where I was getting sloppy was with the thought of, "yeah, it's dirty but loaded with protein". I was leaving the sloppy non-protein cheats out... All in all sloppy is sloppy.

INWORK

Awards
update...

upped the test, lowered the cals and started back on the treadmill.

Since 9/1 (beginning of 3rd week) I'm up 3 pounds but the navel measurement is down one full inch!

So altogether (just into week 7) I am up 18lbs and only 1/4" on the navel...with 2 1/2 weeks to go...

If things continue to go well, I should hit 22 - 23lbs gained with at most 1/2" gain on the navel. To me that sounds like a cycle that went well.

Does this sound good to the experienced guys?

I now know what everyone means when they say it is hard to do just one...

Thanks again for the help guys.

Formula94

Formula94

Awards
Looks like you are having a great cycle! I just did my second injection ever this morning (500mg/wk TestE) Hopefully mine will go as well!

INWORK

Awards
Looks like you are having a great cycle! I just did my second injection ever this morning (500mg/wk TestE) Hopefully mine will go as well!
You look solid already! Just be patient with it...

Thanks brother...

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
INWORK you are learning your body...and you are adding to your knowledge base. Good job bro...I'm proud of you.

Most guys expect the compound to do all of the work or think there is a one size fits all formula....but you learned to make adjustments rather quickly and now you are benefiting nicely. Again great job.

:bb3: :bb2: :bb: :clap2:

INWORK

Awards
INWORK you are learning your body...and you are adding to your knowledge base. Good job bro...I'm proud of you.

Most guys expect the compound to do all of the work or think there is a one size fits all formula....but you learned to make adjustments rather quickly and now you are benefiting nicely. Again great job.

:bb3: :bb2: :bb: :clap2:
Well, you guys had to beat it into me!!! And I do appreciate you all showing patience with me.

It was challenging for me to go almost four weeks on cycle and only gain three pounds! But I was patient with it and adhered(sp) to the wisdom of this board. And I am floored by how well this is turning out.

You guys are smarter than you look (well, I bet you don't look that smart anyway :))

Thanks for the props!!!