35 ain't all that old.

P

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
35 and older huh? So I got like 1.5 years and I'm in the old foggie section. :(

I'd like to put in a request to make this the 40 and Older section.. (give me some breathing room).

:)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
40 ain't old either. Based on some frequent, consistent and regular dialogue and 'camaraderie' between several to many members of that age group (40 +/-) I think that 35+ covered it. It is not intended to catagorize us as old, but rather provide a non-all-ages environment, and the element that accompanies such, to discuss 'whatever' us old(er) guys discuss. JMO

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
It is not intended to catagorize us as old, but rather provide a non-all-ages environment, and the element that accompanies such, to discuss 'whatever' us old(er) guys discuss. JMO
Yeah, like younger chicks. LMAO!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Serious and (semi)true story;

Had an issue back in the day when I had what was diagnosed as chronic prostatitis, chronic uerethritis, chronic-chronic...they did not know what the heck was the issue. Went to a uerologist. This guy was about 5'8" - 240lbs old Jewish guy with big fat hands and fingers. Tells me to bend over the table....:aargh: Just about had me crying.

Several years later getting an exam at my female doctor's office. She is about 5'2" - 105lbs. :woohoo:

She explained to me that something about her Hippocratic Oath would not allow her to accept gratuities... :whip:

Last edited:
milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I'm 39 so 40 is definitely NOT old. GF's 25, though.... ;)

Q

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
I'm 35y/o and age is nothing but a number to me. When I tell people my age they look stun and their mouth just drop to the floor. I love seeing that look. :)

I also love to win those teddy bears at the carnivals booth that try to guess your age. I can always guarantee my date a teddy bear at those booths. :)

R

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My wife is 7 years younger than me, a woman once asked me for my I.D. to buy beer and then looked at my wife and said nevermind, I know she is old enough, sweet!!!!

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
I'm 35y/o and age is nothing but a number to me. When I tell people my age they look stun and their mouth just drop to the floor. I love seeing that look. :)

I also love to win those teddy bears at the carnivals booth that try to guess your age. I can always guarantee my date a teddy bear at those booths. :)
Ditto to that - imagine the looks I get when I go out to dinner with my 35 yr old wife...and Im 61!! We also have a 18 month old...... I also stump the carnival guy - both weight and age....(of course Im carrying a Colt 45 - but he misses by 20 lbs LOL)

Attachments

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Ditto to that - imagine the looks I get when I go out to dinner with my 35 yr old wife...and Im 61!! We also have a 18 month old...... I also stump the carnival guy - both weight and age....(of course Im carrying a Colt 45 - but he misses by 20 lbs LOL)
damn, AGE..................lookin' good!!!!!!

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Im glad they put this forum here. Im 51 and although 35 isnt that old it is the age when a guy starts to notice that gravity is starting to affect musculature. At this age the body responds differently to exercise, that is a little slower to stimulus. As long as a person keeps going though you can maintain.

Q

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
You’re in excellent shape for a man that is 61y/o and you have a wife almost half your age…you go dawg. I'm bowing down to you. :) Hehehe, you know about that carnival booth too. ;) :) :) :) :)

I hope the fitness gods keep blessing me with good health and a muscular body till I’m your age and beyond. :)

Keep up the good work.

R

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
61 with abs, that fuckin rocks, I am already motivated for my next workout!!!

ottomaddox

ottomaddox

Awards
I second this, you look great! I hope to be in that good of shape when I'm your age. I just turned 38 last week. I still have people thinking I'm in my mid twenties.

You’re in excellent shape for a man that is 61y/o and you have a wife almost half your age…you go dawg. I'm bowing down to you. :) Hehehe, you know about that carnival booth too. ;) :) :) :) :)

I hope the fitness gods keep blessing me with good health and a muscular body till I’m your age and beyond. :)

Keep up the good work.

O

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Your an inspiration to everybody I think. I wonder if you have any pictures when you were 40 or so laying around that you can post. I would like to see the before shots

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
Here is one from 1978 at age 34 yrs old...and 135 lbs. Heres another from yesterday...61 at 205 lbs. Thank god for testosterone therapy.

Attachments

O

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here is one from 1978 at age 34 yrs old...and 135 lbs. Heres another from yesterday...61 at 205 lbs. Thank god for testosterone therapy.
Wow, I'm speechless, that's awesome and proves it's never to late

P

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I thought I was starting late at 32... I know I'll be a beast some day... thanks

ottomaddox

ottomaddox

Awards
That's amazing, I'm in awe. I can't wait to get there, a couple of more years.
peace

M

Malek256

Awards
Got ID'ed at Applebee's

If you're wondering, does a fitness life style keep you young?

I'm 37. Last week I got ID'ed trying to order a beer at an Applebee's. No kidding.

And in case you wonder if it's related, I'm not a gear user nor all that big -- just strong and fit.

D

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
HAHA you went from cleaning off a fish to washing your Hummer. Love it! :cheers:

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
you know...when I was cleaning that fish my current and last wife was only 9 yrs old...go figure!!

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established

I'm 37. Last week I got ID'ed trying to order a beer at an Applebee's. No kidding.
Haaa!!! I was carded at Applebee's too. Ordered up a Brewster of Amber Bock and the chick asked for my id. I was carded going into a club with my girlfriend a couple weeks ago. They carded her first, she's 24, then me, I'm 38. The dude at the door took a second look at my id, then at my girlfriend and just winked.

The fitness lifestyle definitely helps keep me young, both physically and at heart.

AGELESS

AGELESS

Awards
  • Established
cuffs - youre a celebrity and dont know it. There are thousands of guys reading your "wildnight" post. I know the first thing I do when I come to the boards is see if youve added anything - I see by your profile that youre 38, at this rate one year from now your odometer will read "61" - but you know what...trust me..theres still many miles left on you!!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
cuffs - youre a celebrity and dont know it. There are thousands of guys reading your "wildnight" post. I know the first thing I do when I come to the boards is see if youve added anything - I see by your profile that youre 38, at this rate one year from now your odometer will read "61" - but you know what...trust me..theres still many miles left on you!!
LOL...that's classic, yet very believable :rofl:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
LOL...thanks Ageless. At the rate I've been going, I may need to request backup support... :blink:

M

Malek256

Awards
Haaa!!! I was carded at Applebee's too. Ordered up a Brewster of Amber Bock and the chick asked for my id. I was carded going into a club with my girlfriend a couple weeks ago. They carded her first, she's 24, then me, I'm 38. The dude at the door took a second look at my id, then at my girlfriend and just winked.

The fitness lifestyle definitely helps keep me young, both physically and at heart.
And the flip side -- been back at work for a few weeks and look (feel) old as hell again...

mab904

mab904

Awards

I'm 37. Last week I got ID'ed trying to order a beer at an Applebee's. .
The fitness lifestyle works for women as well. I'm 38 and got ID'ed at the grocery store buying beer for my husband. And just few weeks ago we had a new guy join our gym. He kept trying to put the move on me. He's 20! Told him how old I was. He said he thought I was in my early 20's:D. I keep tring to tell the women at my gym that comment on how I look asking for advise. Put down those damn pink dumbells and lift some weight! You won't get big and musculine from lifting heavy weights!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Damn Malek I never checked your age- just by your pick I always thought you were in your 20's!!

I popped in this thread 'cause Ive only got 3 months to go 'till I kiss my 20's goodbye. And Im looking foward to it:)

BV

G

GoPower

Banned
Awards
YOU are an inspiration to us all!

M

Malek256

Awards
The fitness lifestyle works for women as well. I'm 38 and got ID'ed at the grocery store buying beer for my husband. And just few weeks ago we had a new guy join our gym. He kept trying to put the move on me. He's 20! Told him how old I was. He said he thought I was in my early 20's:D. I keep tring to tell the women at my gym that comment on how I look asking for advise. Put down those damn pink dumbells and lift some weight! You won't get big and musculine from lifting heavy weights!
That is very cool! And cooler still to hear you figured out the truth behind the BS that is fed to women about doing cardio instead of weights :( I wish you luck in convincing other women to see the real benefit of heavy work rather than wasting their time with "aerobics". Perhaps your great condition will be an effective tool with this!

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
AGE, n. That period of life in which we compound for the vices that we still cherish by reviling those that we have no longer the enterprise to commit.

B

Beatmaster

Awards
Wow, now that's real motivation!

AGELESS, are you driving a hummer too:jaw:

wife 32, hummer, great shape.......what more can you ask for?

ok, i'm gone for the gym:run:

oh by the way i'm 39, everytime someone ask..... they don't believe me!

i think i look pretty good for my age actualy :woohoo:

J

JCJXXL

Awards
Working out definitely benefits everyone in more ways than one. I'm 33 yrs old and people always think I am in my mid twenties.

If you look at the top guys in the sport most of them would be considered "older". :)

Another thing I have noticed being older, is that my gains are more solid. I don't know if it's due to having better muscle control or what, but I definitely feel individual muscles working better and my gains seem to not only come faster but are more quality than in the past.

I also find that I lift smarter. Some of the young people interpret that as going lighter and feeling the reps. I definitely don't train light but I think my technique has improved to where I can "feel it" better and still lift heavy.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Working out definitely benefits everyone in more ways than one. I'm 33 yrs old and people always think I am in my mid twenties.

If you look at the top guys in the sport most of them would be considered "older".

Another thing I have noticed being older, is that my gains are more solid. I don't know if it's due to having better muscle control or what, but I definitely feel individual muscles working better and my gains seem to not only come faster but are more quality than in the past.

I also find that I lift smarter. Some of the young people interpret that as going lighter and feeling the reps. I definitely don't train light but I think my technique has improved to where I can "feel it" better and still lift heavy.
I totally agree. I just turned 30 and I feel I get much more effective workouts now than I did 5 years ago. Of course, I really didnt start getting serious about things until 5 years ago, so it could just be experience paying off.

Its funny how when you get older, taking care of yourself really starts to show through. Ive seen people I went to highschool with that look like they're in their 40's, people are constantly surprised when they hear my age, thinking Im 24-25.

And when I get to the point that the age starts to show, bring on the HRT baby! Woohoo!:)

BV

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I have noticed I need to be on top of the nutrition a bit more since 30. Definitely more in tune with the body and the mechanics of resistance training. for the most part, I know what works and what doesn't.

H

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
She explained to me that something about her Hippocratic Oath would not allow her to accept gratuities... :whip:
Just depends on the type of tip you leave her with.

T

tribal 1

Awards
Man I cant wait to turn 35, as a powerlifter Ill be concidered a submaster (35-39). This is were the American Records I hope to break are held! Once I do that then its off to the 40's for the masters records. Its seems that I only get stronger with age. I am stronger and more dedicated at 32 than I ever was at 22!!!!