33 confirmed low t...not sure about taking the plunge

dedication00

Awards
Quick backstory.

33 years old, suffer from fatigue, no motivation, impossible to gain muscle, low libido, extreme brain fog, irritability. I used to be a highly aggressive, go getter who was full of energy and motivation.

Had blood work completed. Total testosterone was 320, FSH was 3.3 and LH was 3.3. Estradiol was @ 30. TSH was 1.65.

Dr. agreed that my level was extremely low for my age. He wants to prescribe me "testosterone". He didn't specify enanthate or cypionate. Wants me to inject every 2 weeks. He didn't mention any game plan for HCG or coming off. Pretty much told me here's some test it will make you better.

Not sure if I want to take this plunge, but I'm tire of living like this. I workout 4-5 days a week, sleep 8-9 hours a night. I eat extremely healthy, try to maximize fats & meats and take zinc/vit D/mag. None of this seems to be helping.

Any advice from others that started at a similar age?

dedication00

Awards
Doctor just confirmed that it will be Cypionate. Wants me to inject 100mg every 2 weeks. Any thoughts on this protocol?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Doctor just confirmed that it will be Cypionate. Wants me to inject 100mg every 2 weeks. Any thoughts on this protocol?
buy extra needles, split dose in half, inject 50mg weekly.

buy drawing needles and seperate injection needles, only need 1 syringe the needles are interchangeable.

you should be getting blood draws pretty frequently when 1st starting, make sure you check with doc.

that is a very low dose, make sure you don't inject close to blood draw-tell doc you don't notice much if any improvement---he should bump you up to 200mg every 2 weeks which should be split into 100mg weekly-----good luck!!!

dedication00

Awards
Thanks for the reply. Just picked up the script and it was actually 200mg every 2 weeks. I will use your route of 100mg a week. I have heard that the body processes it better/less sides when its split. How long should I be looking until I notice a difference?

Im guessing at 100mg a week I shouldnt need an AI? I was trying to avoid TRT but at this point I just want my life back and to feel like I use to.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the reply. Just picked up the script and it was actually 200mg every 2 weeks. I will use your route of 100mg a week. I have heard that the body processes it better/less sides when its split. How long should I be looking until I notice a difference?

Im guessing at 100mg a week I shouldnt need an AI? I was trying to avoid TRT but at this point I just want my life back and to feel like I use to.
when did doc schedule 1st blood draw? i would wait it out until you see blood results, personally at 100mg per week i don't need a AI. even when i was on 200mg weekly didn't need a AI, but i keep bf pretty low and this plays a role...but of course, like everything else there are exceptions.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

The AI so much depends on the individual. Some guys don’t need it. I for one do. 100mgs keeps me in the low 800’s the morning before my injection and I need an AI to keep my E2 in the low 20’s. I take .25 mgs of Arimidex twice a week. I pin 50 mgs twice a week, Wednesday and Saturday.

dedication00

Awards
Thanks for the replies. Doc scheduled first draw 6 weeks out. Ill give it a run without the AI and see where I stand after bloods/how much water I am retaining.

Not sure how well versed he is on TRT, but he was the only doc out of 4 willing to even check my test levels. The other doc's kept throwing anti depressants and Adderall at me.

Crazy how they will throw those drugs around so easily but refuse to prescribe a compound that occurs naturally in the body.

Im wondering since my Hematocrit was 51 if I should pin 2 x a week. My wife is a Dr. and needles don't bother me so additional pinning is not a problem.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the replies. Doc scheduled first draw 6 weeks out. Ill give it a run without the AI and see where I stand after bloods/how much water I am retaining.

Not sure how well versed he is on TRT, but he was the only doc out of 4 willing to even check my test levels. The other doc's kept throwing anti depressants and Adderall at me.

Crazy how they will throw those drugs around so easily but refuse to prescribe a compound that occurs naturally in the body.

Im wondering since my Hematocrit was 51 if I should pin 2 x a week. My wife is a Dr. and needles don't bother me so additional pinning is not a problem.
the jury is still out on rather twice a week makes a difference but it wouldn't hurt....i had issues with rbc that took my test from 200 down to 100, now i am on aspirin/fish oil regimen that keeps me below max range.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I'm on 200mgs every 10 days, or 100mgs every 5 days. I feel a little more stable splitting the dose up and did that for a long time, but honestly it doesn't make that much difference to me now, and not having to inject as much is worth it for me.

dedication00

Awards
Thanks everyone. Had my first injection Friday 8/7. Convinced the doc to let me roll with 100mg a week.

Felt great through today (8/11). Motivation was awesome, didn't get tired around 1900 and wanted to kill the weights for the first time in years.

Today I am back to feeling a little like my old self (no motivation, tired, low energy, brain fog). Guess I will have to wait and see how it plays out as my levels increase.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Give it three months and you won’t recognize yourself. The life change is fantastic. I’m about four months in and I don’t think I ever felt this good. Was on anti depressant for a decade and have titrated off. Wonder how long I was low T

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Give it three months and you won’t recognize yourself. The life change is fantastic. I’m about four months in and I don’t think I ever felt this good. Was on anti depressant for a decade and have titrated off. Wonder how long I was low T
testosterone is like any other drug, the newness will wear off.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
testosterone is like any other drug, the newness will wear off.
Yup. I'm still better on it than off, but after 8 years, I don't really "feel" it anymore. The only thing that is still going strong is my libido.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yup. I'm still better on it than off, but after 8 years, I don't really "feel" it anymore. The only thing that is still going strong is my libido.
between dermacrine, andro's, test boosters, i am rarely only on trt---i'm always looking for a boost.

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I believe it. There is a euphoria with seeing what normal levels are and I imagine you adapt. If the mental clarity and energy to have the drive to complete tasks stays I’ll be happy

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I believe it. There is a euphoria with seeing what normal levels are and I imagine you adapt. If the mental clarity and energy to have the drive to complete tasks stays I’ll be happy
just like taking vicadin overtime those effects will wean....yes, the body and mind will adapt.

dedication00

Awards
Im sure I will always be chasing the "high" of the first month or two. My main concern was getting rid of my "depression", agitation and feeling like I actually had energy/motivation throughout the day instead of crashing. If I can keep those qualities I feel like it was a success.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Im sure I will always be chasing the "high" of the first month or two. My main concern was getting rid of my "depression", agitation and feeling like I actually had energy/motivation throughout the day instead of crashing. If I can keep those qualities I feel like it was a success.
good luck!!!

i wish the best for you (y)

dedication00

Awards
I have been MIA on this for a while, but wanted to give everyone an update.

I have been on 100mg of Cypionate every week now. Life has improved 100x. No longer exhuasted every day, I have the energy to workout , work , play with my kids and still give the wife attention.

My mind is clear, brain fog is gone and am actually in the process of starting my own business, now that I have the motivation to get out of bed and attack the day.

I can't believe I struggled with everyday life and thought anti depressants and adderall were the answer. My only issue a day or two before my injection I start feeling like my old self. I think I may ask the doc to bump up to 125 mg a week.

Thanks for all of the input on this site. This was the best thing to happen to my life and family.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have been MIA on this for a while, but wanted to give everyone an update.

I have been on 100mg of Cypionate every week now. Life has improved 100x. No longer exhuasted every day, I have the energy to workout , work , play with my kids and still give the wife attention.

My mind is clear, brain fog is gone and am actually in the process of starting my own business, now that I have the motivation to get out of bed and attack the day.

I can't believe I struggled with everyday life and thought anti depressants and adderall were the answer. My only issue a day or two before my injection I start feeling like my old self. I think I may ask the doc to bump up to 125 mg a week.

Thanks for all of the input on this site. This was the best thing to happen to my life and family.
i wouldn't get greedy, remember testosterone is like any other drug the longer you are on it the less you will feel effects and will want to increase dose to get those same feeling back again...if you are still getting the initial feel good effects i would wait until those effects tamper down some before asking for increased dose.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get some insulin syringes and split your dose 50mg x2 weekly. A lot of guys do great with 10mg daily using insulin syringes. I use 20mg daily because I metabolize drugs extremely fast. I've woken up during surgery.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Split that dose to at least twice a week..dont worry about taking an AI they are poison imo..your body will adjust to the hormone fluctuations in 8 to 12 weeks

dedication00

Awards
What do you guys recommend for size wise? 29 or 30g, 1/2" or 5/16"? I'm confused on which size insulin pin to use.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Quick backstory.

33 years old, suffer from fatigue, no motivation, impossible to gain muscle, low libido, extreme brain fog, irritability. I used to be a highly aggressive, go getter who was full of energy and motivation.

Had blood work completed. Total testosterone was 320, FSH was 3.3 and LH was 3.3. Estradiol was @ 30. TSH was 1.65.

Dr. agreed that my level was extremely low for my age. He wants to prescribe me "testosterone". He didn't specify enanthate or cypionate. Wants me to inject every 2 weeks. He didn't mention any game plan for HCG or coming off.

Pretty much told me here's some test it will make you better.

Not sure if I want to take this plunge, but I'm tire of living like this. I workout 4-5 days a week, sleep 8-9 hours a night. I eat extremely healthy, try to maximize fats & meats and take zinc/vit D/mag. None of this seems to be helping.

Any advice from others that started at a similar age?
"He didn't mention any game plan for HCG or coming off. "

... I just ran across this post.
I really wish someone had addressed this before.

This implies that you believe (at least at the time) that coming off TRT is one of the options.

... Although some do RARELY accomplish this, the Dr didn't mention it, because it isn't really considered a viable option.

Anyway... As has already been said, don't keep chasing a feeling by trying to increase your TRT dosage.
Drs give you a certain amount based upon your Testing #s.
To go outside of those #s puts you at a Greater health risk.

Keep your TRT what it is... Medicine.

... And then responsibly work in some cycles if you feel like that's what you want to pursue.

(y)

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
"He didn't mention any game plan for HCG or coming off. "

... I just ran across this post.
I really wish someone had addressed this before.

This implies that you believe (at least at the time) that coming off TRT is one of the options.

... Although some do RARELY accomplish this, the Dr didn't mention it, because it isn't really considered a viable option.

Anyway... As has already been said, don't keep chasing a feeling by trying to increase your TRT dosage.
Drs give you a certain amount based upon your Testing #s.
To go outside of those #s puts you at a Greater health risk.

Keep your TRT what it is... Medicine.

... And then responsibly work in some cycles if you feel like that's what you want to pursue.

(y)
Best advice right here! I hate to read about guys that just get on TRT and plan to blast as soon as they get their test. Worst thing to do. Get your protocol in place, then worry about blasting or adding other things.

irone93

irone93

Awards
  • Established
I have been on TRT for 2 months. The most profound difference i have experienced is psychological. I am more resultant

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I wouldn't go above 100mgs per week. Maybe add an epiandro cycle a couple times a year for some added gains?

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They have an article on t-nation talking about this called. An important bulletin for trt patients it's impressive what they found. Check it out.