24+ hour fast

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, I was thinking about trying to fast for the whole tomorrow, so It will be a little more than 24 hours. From last meal of today, to breakfast the day after tomorrow.

Should I train or not? Only cardio if so or should I do my leg day?

I'm most likely going to be taking clen with this fast too. Thoughts? Multivitamin or not? Water + salt + potassium? Zink + magnesium? What else should I think about? Not taking in too much caffeine?

THANKS!

Tank007

Awards
What is the purpose of your fast? If you are trying to get the health benefits of I would take nothing but water.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I want to compensate for the 3500 kcal of today
Honestly seems like a dumb reason to go on a fast to me.

It’s also a dangerous precedent to set to start trying to offset higher cal days with fasting (seems like a poor feedback loop in my opinion).

Just suck it up and keep doing whatever you are doing and move on.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Honestly seems like a dumb reason to go on a fast to me.

It’s also a dangerous precedent to set to start trying to offset higher cal days with fasting (seems like a poor feedback loop in my opinion).

Just suck it up and keep doing whatever you are doing and move on.
Bingo
Sounds like a Binge/Restrict
Resume your normal diet and move forward

Doing drastic measures is not the answer
training a leg day 24 hour fasted? Yeah.. no.. Recipe for disaster

Learn moderation and balance and you won't set yourself back over 3,500+ Calories in a day. It seems a lot of people on AM do not have a good relationship with food. That is the underlying issue here.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just in case others bump into this figured I’d drop some resources to make people feel better in this situation.

Article on what is going on when you overeat in a single situation (takeaway enjoy your life that one binge isn’t worth spiraling out of control afterwards):
https://examine.com/nutrition/can-one-binge-make-you-fat/

And a good post by our buddy Bdcc (who isn’t around much anymore ) with the takeaway that it takes a lot to really mess you up. One day isn’t worth stressing over, just don’t make it a habit.

IMG_1448.JPG

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A 24 hour fast can have a lot of benefits. I wouldn’t take Clen or anything like that by any means during a fast

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fasting for 24+ hours just to offset one day of higher calories seems really silly. Just cover that surplus in a few to several days.

And I’d argue that fasting for health benefits while taking clen is probably a bit silly and conflicting haha.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just go hammer a good leg session with that power belly from the surplus lol

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I used to apply 24hr fasts each monday because sunday night I have a cheat meal and most of the time I dont feel much hunger the next day, so why not?

Talldude

Talldude

Awards
I don't understand the purpose of the fasting. Of course, at 6'6" and 260 lbs, you can see why. Lol

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I did the 24 hour fasting several times and it’s great!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I did the 24 hour fasting several times and it’s great!
I have as well, and it definitely has a place, especially nice to give your digestive system a break. But I think That in the case of op, it isn’t a good fit.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have as well, and it definitely has a place, especially nice to give your digestive system a break. But I think That in the case of op, it isn’t a good fit.
Maybe so,But We will never know until he try it..