2021 Workout Log - Cause Muscle Memory is a Beautiful Thing...

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I started logging for myself and then realized I should just post here.. so I will copy.paste what I already logged below:

CURRENT GOAL = RECOMP TO A LEAN 180LBS
2021 GOAL = BULK TO 195LBS
CURRENT WEIGHT = FLUCTUATES BETWEEN 180-183 THE PAST FEW WEEKS
DIET = EATING AROUND MAINTENANCE
STARTED TRAINING - DEC 2020 - WENT FROM 165-180 BY FEB (muscle memory + creatine gains? )

3-12-21

--------------------------

In December 2020, I started lifting again after taking a year off. I started with just bench press (about 250lbs in plates), bodyweight stuff and two 20lb dumbbells. I then got resistance bands that stack up to 150lb. Then I got a squat rack, new barbell and an extra 100lbs of plates.

I did everything I could to push myself. But, I started small. Bodyweight stuff. Pushups, b/w squats, chin ups, etc. Very basic stuff to get my body back in shape for the first week. Then I introduced the bench press again, starting light, focusing on high reps.

I didn't and still don't have enough plates to justify a training program around increasing the weight each week on a 3x5 or 5x5 program like I prefer to be on. So for now, I've been doing 12-15 reps at light weight, only increasing by a small amount per week. Also, I have been increasing the number of sets to maximize gains from less weight. Doing as many as 7 sets for bench press and front squats at one point.

It has worked for me this far, I've gained weight, but I look leaner in midsection. My shoulders, chest and back are way bigger as well. This is definitely from muscle memory though, I've gained, lost and regained a lot of muscle in the past decade. I will admit, the resistance bands opened me up to new exercises, especially for chest (all i've ever done for chest was flat and incline bench - with great success).

I will be purchasing an olympic bar and plates for deadlifts soon, as this is a huge priority for me. This has always been my favorite lift, cause no matter how much weight I put on the bar I always find a way to pick it up. My back is in great shape, never had an injury. If I could choose one exercise to perform for life, this would be it.

Workout today was short. Had to squeeze it in before dinner last minute...

Bodyweight squat warmup
Front Squats 3 sets 70lb x 12 - slow reps - I do legs almost every day, some days are really light just to stimulate the muscles
Upright Rows - 50x16, 50x15
Lateral Raises 20x12, 20x10
Tricep Pushdowns 150lb bands 2 sets - 15, 12 (hard to calculate weight with bands, but I write 150 cause I have the entire "150lb" set combined)

First set of each exercise was performed very slowly to failure, with a 30 second break until the next set which was performed with max intensity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3-13-21

Felt tired, only got about 4 hours of sleep last night. Took 1 adrafinil and 1 prime test capsule. Took 2nd prime test capsule during lunch at around 1:30PM.

Today is an off day for training. Work was physically demanding today, but none of my muscles were sore from previous training days so tomorrow I should be good to go for an intense training session.

Still planning out my year as far as cycles go..

But things are different than they were in 2012-2013 when I was buying h drol and dmz on amazon and other big sites. Now there are natural anabolics.. I actually tried epicatechin for a month (Jan) and it was okay, but with muscle memory and creatine at the same time IDK if it did anything. Probably a dumb idea to add that in but oh well.. After that, I started to run a test booster for the first time and I've been using one called prime test for a few weeks now. It's actually giving me results.

I am considering runny a natty anabolic before a cycle... or after one.. maybe a test booster and nolva for pct and then run anabolic effect for 8 weeks after PCT to keep the momentum going? I'm thinking DMZ + 4andro + Dienogen after my recomp, as long as I can get dmz again.

In 2019, I started lifting after a 2 year break and I used different IML andro products for a few months in the beginning so I got huge quick. This time, I still made gains quick but without the use of any PH. Now it's time to lean out a little bit before I bulk to maybe 200 or so and maintain a 195.. not exact on this yet but I think 195 lean at my height is perfect and I need to plan for weight lost after my cycle.

----------------------------------

This post is probably way too long.. but it's mainly for me, to keep myself motivated and log my progress as often as possible. I will post before/after photos for proof of gains.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
So I found out my blood pressure is high today, at 152/75 and then 155/90 about 20 minutes later.. idk I'm going to check again before bed and upon waking up tomorrow. I don't feel like I have high BP and i'm only using a cheap $30 machine from amazon so maybe it's not accurate..

Anyways, I did bodyweight squats throughout the day, about 10 sets total to damn near failure each time. I like keeping my legs stimulated cause I know I can't go as heavy as I need to with squats and I'm not deadlifting like I used to. Legs still look decent though so not too concerned, i'll have more plates and a new barbell soon.

Workout

Front Squat - 70lb 5x12-15 - pushed out reps quickly and really felt the burn throughout each set

Arm Circuit - 5 total sets - each set was done to failure (or really close to it)
Resistance Bands Tricep Pushdowns
Barbell Curls
Hammer Curls

Cardio - 15 minutes jumprope

I didn't track the reps cause I only took about a 15 sec rest between each exercise. Doing circuit stuff like this is new to me but it really works when you don't have much equipment. Each exercise got harder due to the lack of rest.. great pump for sure.

Home Gym Update
I got more stall mats! Waiting on next paycheck to order new barbell and within the next month or two I should have spare money saved to buy a good amount of plates. Until then, I'll keep doing what I can.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Checked BP again yesterday and it was 121/97. A big difference from the previous time I checked it. Going to monitor more, the last few days have been difficult due to working long hours and lack of time for anything.

I did manage to take some before photos and will post them soon. Going to lift after work today (on break right now) and will post again tonight.

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
If you look into Rx blood pressure control... I like the idea of trying to get Rx meds that have desirable secondary effects. I’ve ran ~140/100 for 10+ years and asked to get on BP meds last summer. I wanted clonidine since it can increase slow wave sleep (sometimes associated with more hgh release), but my dr put me on Losartan instead and wanted me to give it a fair shot. I read a few weeks ago on ergolog that Losartan has been found to be a myostatin inhibitor, so I’m pretty pleased that there is some neat secondary effect with it also.
Thanks for this info. I actually need to work on getting health insurance so I can have that option if it comes down to it. I'm going to keep monitoring my BP and make lifestyle/diet changes as needed. I plan on doing a cycle this year and if I have high BP then I won't be able to. It's just strange because I've never had issues with my bp before... I might even get it checked somewhere else cause idk if I can trust the machine I'm using at home.