ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This! The illusion of choice.
Duopoly is the specific term....own your own competition.

The other illusion is "left, right, moderate," lol, they are all coming out of the same well. Which side do you want to climb out of?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yes, that was in the 70s!!
HE was in the news all the time back then, very flamboyant character, lol!!!! pierre was a likeable guy who was more liberal than Obama by far, but unlike Obama he didn't try to force things on people, he tried to charm people into seeing things his way....a much better approach, imo.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like that term Duopoly. Exactly how I feel about the American political system.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like that term Duopoly. Exactly how I feel about the American political system.
I tell people in China about that,

You can easily create a "democracy" in China. Just split your cabinet up and the internals into China Red and China Blue. Channel most of the money to those two parties and its affiliats, let a few "alternatives" make some noise knowingly that they no chance and you end up with the same Commie party before you had a democracy. Over time both China Red and China Blue will take turns trying to save the country and have both illusory parties take turns diminishing and increasing in popularity.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I tell people in China about that,

You can easily create a "democracy" in China. Just split your cabinet up and the internals into China Red and China Blue. Channel most of the money to those two parties and its affiliats, let a few "alternatives" make some noise knowingly that they no chance and you end up with the same Commie party before you had a democracy. Meantime over time both China Red and China Blue will take turns trying to save the country and have both illusory parties take turns diminishing and increasing in popularity.
as long as humans are involved any form of government will always be corrupt. our founding fathers knew this and set in place guidelines to prevent this from happening, but over time corruption has learned how to counter those guidelines.

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
History proves that the chances of the incumbent party winning a third term are fairly small. People don't want a third obama term.
Let's hope and pray this will be the case - for ALL of our sake.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's hope and pray this will be the case - for ALL of our sake.
Too late, we are almost done with Bush's 4th term...except 6 months into his 3rd he started popping Superdrol.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bush was/is nothing like Obama . . .
How not?....Obama continued the war in Iraq and Afghan (no he never ended it), he continued to extent the patriot act, he continued to grow the police state, will just add to a list below,

Both support:

Endless unconstitutional spying on all Americans
War on Terror
War on Drugs
Income Taxes and IRS
Support for the Federal Reserve
Endless Middle East wars
Banker Bailouts
Drone Warfare
High defense spending
Overseas Military Empire
TSA
Supension of Habeus Corpus
Both Anti Bill of Rights
DHS
Executive Orders and signing statements
FEMA and the domestic concentration camps
Expansion of governmental powers through Czars
Same Lobbyists
Both Liars and Scum
Golf
Stimulus Spending
No transparency
State Secrets and war on the Press

I can keep going on and on,

Both are the same anti-constitutional war mongering blood thirsty anti-human rights big corporate scumbags.

BillyBatson

BillyBatson

Awards
How not?....Obama continued the war in Iraq and Afghan (no he never ended it), he continued to extent the patriot act, he continued to grow the police state, will just add to a list below,
May I ask for whom you are throwing your support for 2016?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
May I ask for whom you are throwing your support for 2016?
Sure of course,

I do not support any of the candidates in either of the debates. I half like Rand Paul, but he is a Republican sell out.

I probably will not vote for President on election day, but I will go out and vote for some local things that day, I just leave the President blank.

3rd party or independent will only be an option if they get in on the major debates at the end near the election, I dont see that happening though unless some major thing goes on independently online away from corporate media my ears are then open. Support for the Bill of Rights in mandatory.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Too late, we are almost done with Bush's 4th term...except 6 months into his 3rd he started popping Superdrol.
Lol jeb for life !!!!
Endorsed by the harry bush foundation for a better America!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, I have not decided yet either ... not that I need to at this point.
Im usually the type that wants less laws, but a new good one is to ban election compaigning until the 1st day of that election year. That goes for the house and senate as well. That includes everything behind the scenes too, immediate staff, early collection of contributions, etc...

This should go for both elected official and non-elected. No reason for a sitting politician to worry about responding to a tv add (funded directly by the campaign or affiliated lobby) or catching up to fund raising when their job is to help this country, not themselves.

Thats not to saw we the people cant do things, just get rid of direct involvement, debates, polls, elections before the election year.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Im usually the type that wants less laws, but a new good one is to ban election compaigning until the 1st day of that election year. That goes for the house and senate as well. That includes everything behind the scenes too, immediate staff, early collection of contributions, etc...

This should go for both elected official and non-elected. No reason for a sitting politician to worry about responding to a tv add (funded directly by the campaign or affiliated lobby) or catching up to fund raising when their job is to help this country, not themselves.

Thats not to saw we the people cant do things, just get rid of direct involvement, debates, polls, elections before the election year.
I KEEP WAITING TO SEE THAT PIG FLY.......

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just read that for the 1st time since the 70's more Mexican immigrants are leaving the u.s than entering.....

they know Hillary is coming!!!!