1st Time Steroid User PCT Question

sheephunter

Awards
Hi everyone, 6 weeks into my first steroid cycle, finding some really good results and enjoying the increased energy / agression / strength.
I am currently taking 250mg test enanthate every 8 days and 1/4mg arimadex every 3 days.
As a first time user can i ask for some advice on how to cycle off at the end of twelve weeks to regain normal hormone production. Not too sure what to take and when to start / how much to take for how long.
I realise this has probably been covered somewhere in the older forums and apologise in advance for what may seem a silly question but really want to get this right.

Cheers all.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi everyone, 6 weeks into my first steroid cycle, finding some really good results and enjoying the increased energy / agression / strength.
I am currently taking 250mg test enanthate every 8 days and 1/4mg arimadex every 3 days.
As a first time user can i ask for some advice on how to cycle off at the end of twelve weeks to regain normal hormone production. Not too sure what to take and when to start / how much to take for how long.
I realise this has probably been covered somewhere in the older forums and apologise in advance for what may seem a silly question but really want to get this right.

Cheers all.
That's a pretty low dose cycle. But either way, start pct 2 weeks after last injection.

You need to get a SERM. Tell me you know what that is.

sheephunter

Awards
Cheers bro, yeah it is a low dose but for a first time user wanted to be cautious, you hear some horror stories.
Does a SERM stop your vagina drying out?
Nah seriously though, someone in the gym mentioned nolvadex and clomid as a PCT ( are these SERM's? ) but he wasnt really sure on doses etc. ( any ideas how much to take as PCT on this low dose first cycle )
Also do i need to be taking HCG during the last stages of the steroid cycle ?
Want to maintain gains i make on the cycle as much as possible then probably increase the test enanthate dose the following cycle. ( would doubling the next cycle to 500mg test enanthate every week be too much? ) I am only 5ft9" and 175lb approx 13% bodyfat

Thanks for the reply man

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would suggest 500mg/week as a first cycle, so no I don't think that's too much. I personally don't think you need HCG on this cycle though. Oner SERM will do, either Nolva or Clomid.

Nolva dose would be 20mg/day for 2-3 weeks, then 10mg/day for 2-3 more.

Clomid dose would be 50mg/day for 2 weeks, then 25mg/day for 2-3 more.

Are you using an AI on cycle? I would assume at your dose you're not experiencing bad estrogen sides.

sheephunter

Awards
Hey thanks again man, nah no bad side effects to speak of but some reasonable gains.
Would the AI be the tiny amount of Arimadex i am taking on cycle? am taking a quarter of a mg of arimadex every three days. ( not sure if this is necessary but the doctor recommended it to virtually eliminate the risk of any negative effects )
Cheers for the advice, would you recommend either the nolvadex or Clomid over the other for a PCT?

thanks

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey thanks again man, nah no bad side effects to speak of but some reasonable gains.
Would the AI be the tiny amount of Arimadex i am taking on cycle? am taking a quarter of a mg of arimadex every three days. ( not sure if this is necessary but the doctor recommended it to virtually eliminate the risk of any negative effects )
Cheers for the advice, would you recommend either the nolvadex or Clomid over the other for a PCT?

thanks
Yes, I did see that, my mistake. It can be used in pct as well in conjunction with your SERM. Same dosing would probably be ok.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
seems like dma378 got you covered on everything. May I ask why you are only dosing every 8 days? the time between injections is causing a large amount of hormonal spiking which is pretty detrimental to building muscle.
500mg/week of test E is a standard beginner cycle, with two injections a week (keeps blood levels stable this way) so 250mg on Mon and Thurs or Tues and Fri (you get the idea). HCG is only needed for long cycles where you are shut down for an extended period of time

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

thanks
.25 every 3 days is a good dose. Only up it if you start getting more estro sides.

Most people run Nolva. Clomid can have some emotional sides if run too high. I actually just run both to cover all my bases since it's so cheap and I don't wanna **** around during PCT. I usually run DAA (test booster) and Reduce XT (cortisol control, starting week 3) too.

I would also dose twice a week. Dosing every 8 days is going to have your hormones on a roller coaster. The most stable they are, the better.

sheephunter

Awards
Thanks again guys, i appreciate the input. Yeah i m thinking for my next cycle will go the 500mg enanthate every week ( 2 x 250mg evry 3 - 4 days ) as this seems to be a good cycle and a lot of people have recommended that. I have been doing the every 8 days thing on the advice of the guy that prescribed me the gear but am thinking more and more that he isnt really that sure what he is talking about but is happy to prescribe pretty much whatever so all good. Have had some noticeable gains even on this minimal dose so super keen to see how a larger more regular dose will go.

Cheers :)