11-B Regulation in ReCreate Q

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Just out of my own curiosity I have been doing some reading on cortisol blockers and such and just started reading about 11-oxo (not for my use as I know it does have hormonal side effects). After reading up on 11-oxo and how it works on 11-HSD1 I was wondering how ReCreate acts on 11-HSD1 in comparison? I may be mis-wording this question or missing a very large part of the equation (as I have little knowledge when it comes to this type of supplementation atm) but was curious what the main difference of action was since both inhibit it in some way or another.

If the explanation on how ReCreate works needs to be kept secret for protection reasons I understand. Just wanted to see what the difference was.

Thanks guys.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bump on that

USPLabscience

Awards
ReCreate inhibits 11B-HSD1 activity in a selective and potent manner. I am not terribly familiar with 11-oxo so it is difficult to make direct comparisons, however, if you can locate the scientific literature on the 11-oxo substance, it would be useful to note the following of the ingredient in ReCreate for comparison:

*7-10 times more selective activity towards 11B-HSD1 versus 11B-HSD2 and 17B-HSD1.
*Has been shown to potently and selectively inhibit 11B-HSD1 in both skeletal muscle and adipose tissue, something which does not seem to have been shown specifically with other products. Skeletal muscle and adipose are the two target tissues which are of the most relevance to muscle builders so it is important to have data that are reflective of inhibiting activity of 11B-HSD1 in those tissues, as opposed to speculating what may or may not occur.
*The compound(s) responsible for this activity appear to be very stable and possess good oral bioavailability.

Just out of my own curiosity I have been doing some reading on cortisol blockers and such and just started reading about 11-oxo (not for my use as I know it does have hormonal side effects). After reading up on 11-oxo and how it works on 11-HSD1 I was wondering how ReCreate acts on 11-HSD1 in comparison? I may be mis-wording this question or missing a very large part of the equation (as I have little knowledge when it comes to this type of supplementation atm) but was curious what the main difference of action was since both inhibit it in some way or another.

If the explanation on how ReCreate works needs to be kept secret for protection reasons I understand. Just wanted to see what the difference was.

Thanks guys.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
*7-10 times more selective activity towards 11B-HSD1 versus 11B-HSD2 and 17B-HSD1.
*Has been shown to potently and selectively inhibit 11B-HSD1 in both skeletal muscle and adipose tissue, something which does not seem to have been shown specifically with other products.
Which are important traits in order to avoid Cortisol antagonism in tissues where it plays vital roles.

Thanks guys.
Again, a very precise extract of a coffea arabica l has been shown to inhibit the enzyme 11-B-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, both selectively and very potently. In addition, it was shown to do so in muscle and adipose cells. Why is this good? 11beta-HSD1 is an enzyme responsible for converting the very weak glucocorticoid, cortisone, into the much more powerful, cortisol. We all know that excess cortisol can hamper your progress in the gym, and with the stress of living in our modern world, it's certain that few people don't have elevated cortisol levels. Unfortunately, this particular enzyme works against what we all as athletes and bodybuilders would like and works to increase cortisol levels. This increase in cortisol that occurs when you begin dieting is a signal to begin catabolizing skeletal muscle to use as fuel, because as we must remember, the body doesn't want to hold onto muscle and lose fat, it wants just the opposite. However, by inhibiting 11B-HSD1, we can fight off this catabolism of muscle and prevent the loss, allowing you to progress even faster to a lean physique

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
ReCreate inhibits 11B-HSD1 activity in a selective and potent manner. I am not terribly familiar with 11-oxo so it is difficult to make direct comparisons, however, if you can locate the scientific literature on the 11-oxo substance, it would be useful to note the following of the ingredient in ReCreate for comparison:

*Has been shown to potently and selectively inhibit 11B-HSD1 in both skeletal muscle and adipose tissue, something which does not seem to have been shown specifically with other products. Skeletal muscle and adipose are the two target tissues which are of the most relevance to muscle builders so it is important to have data that are reflective of inhibiting activity of 11B-HSD1 in those tissues, as opposed to speculating what may or may not occur.
*The compound(s) responsible for this activity appear to be very stable and possess good oral bioavailability.
Thanks for the response guys. 11-oxo is just adrenosterone so I am still very "novice" in comparing the two (that and the coffea arabica) as far as benefits over each other since I know little about each active. However I must say the natural approach is very appealing (which would lead me to, insert below).

Again, a very precise extract of a coffea arabica l has been shown to inhibit the enzyme 11-B-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, both selectively and very potently. In addition, it was shown to do so in muscle and adipose cells. Why is this good? 11beta-HSD1 is an enzyme responsible for converting the very weak glucocorticoid, cortisone, into the much more powerful, cortisol. We all know that excess cortisol can hamper your progress in the gym, and with the stress of living in our modern world, it's certain that few people don't have elevated cortisol levels. Unfortunately, this particular enzyme works against what we all as athletes and bodybuilders would like and works to increase cortisol levels. This increase in cortisol that occurs when you begin dieting is a signal to begin catabolizing skeletal muscle to use as fuel, because as we must remember, the body doesn't want to hold onto muscle and lose fat, it wants just the opposite. However, by inhibiting 11B-HSD1, we can fight off this catabolism of muscle and prevent the loss, allowing you to progress even faster to a lean physique
Curious guys. Do you have any plans on making this into a bulk powder/capped? I would definitely be down for this and forskolin in bulk and going on a capping spree for general cortisol support year round/stressful patches of time.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the response guys. 11-oxo is just adrenosterone so I am still very "novice" in comparing the two (that and the coffea arabica) as far as benefits over each other since I know little about each active. However I must say the natural approach is very appealing (which would lead me to, insert below).

Curious guys. Do you have any plans on making this into a bulk powder/capped? I would definitely be down for this and forskolin in bulk and going on a capping spree for general cortisol support year round/stressful patches of time.
It's possible, though highly doubtful in the near future OCC.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
It's possible, though highly doubtful in the near future OCC.
So your telling me theres a chance (in dumb and dumber voice).

Well I personally don't plan on being overly stressed for at least 4 years so I know I can wait. I do think it would be a very hot commodity at the Planet though. Worst case scenario I'll start going coffea plants in my closet :D.