SkRaw85 Training Log

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ah I got you. Yeah I emailed my contact with Kabuki and he sent me a quote for the blemished Transformer which came out to like $679.24.
You won’t regret it! @RegisterJr just got a new one a few weeks ago and can chime in

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You won’t regret it! @RegisterJr just got a new one a few weeks ago and can chime in
I love mine! The pin makes for quick changing the position, but I haven’t tried it with weight on it. I imagine it would be a cinch. I have also had zero issues with the adjustable parts hitting the rack or the j cup. Maybe that’s an old issue.

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
I love mine! The pin makes for quick changing the position, but I haven’t tried it with weight on it. I imagine it would be a cinch. I have also had zero issues with the adjustable parts hitting the rack or the j cup. Maybe that’s an old issue.
What do you mean you haven't tried it with weight on?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you mean you haven't tried it with weight on?
I haven’t tried moving the pin/setting while the weights are in the bar.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah I got you and makes sense since that piece that adjusts is attached to the sleeves on the bar.
I squat in the morning so I went ahead and tried it. It swivels beautifully with weight. If you can move the weight the swivel will softly click into place.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know you talked about your current rack in here somewhere, but do you currently have a REP Fitness rack? I’m really eyeballing their PR-5000.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know you talked about your current rack in here somewhere, but do you currently have a REP Fitness rack? I’m really eyeballing their PR-5000.
Negative. I have a PRX. I believe a few people floating around here have rep racks though….

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Negative. I have a PRX. I believe a few people floating around here have rep racks though….
Oh ok. Can’t imagine it being wobbly (really my only concern with a rack) and very accessory friendly. Anyway, pardon the derail 😁

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh ok. Can’t imagine it being wobbly (really my only concern with a rack) and very accessory friendly. Anyway, pardon the derail
No derail at all! I haven’t heard anything negative about rep racks to date. I have a few items from them (and a few more en route lol). Zero complaints thus far

Anthony_

Anthony_

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 216787

Dumbbell 1 of 2 has landed! Bought a pair from rep fitness a few weeks back for my birthday.
I have the same dumbbells from them. I have 5-50lbs and absolutely love the fully knurled handles. I want to get more to get some heavier dumbbells but I'm unsure if I want to go that route or the adjustable dumbbell i.e. Pepin, Ironmaster, Baadass dumbbells, etc.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have the same dumbbells from them. I have 5-50lbs and absolutely love the fully knurled handles. I want to get more to get some heavier dumbbells but I'm unsure if I want to go that route or the adjustable dumbbell i.e. Pepin, Ironmaster, Baadass dumbbells, etc.
My buddy has powerblocks dumbbells. Pretty cool actually and the leverages hit different.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sick and gotta ration what energy I have to make it to work this weekend. I’ll probably try and get some band training in tomorrow but deads we’re off the table this morning. Don’t have the lung capacity or energy

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sick and gotta ration what energy I have to make it to work this weekend. I’ll probably try and get some band training in tomorrow but deads we’re off the table this morning. Don’t have the lung capacity or energy
Just took my son to the doctor today. He got a cough from the new daycare this week, then last night had a fever and a weeping eye and snot. Turns out he has a double ear infection and they gave him eye drops for whatever is going on there, and I woke with a sore throat

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There seems to be some spring/summer virus going around everywhere, not Covid 19, but man I hate viruses. Worst part now seems that there is always something that lingers longer than they used to. Anyway, prayers for you guys and your families.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate getting sick. Hadn’t been sick in a long time until several weeks ago. Turned out to be a mild strain of rona, but still screwed up training for a week. I’ll deload when I want to deload damnit!! Stupid microscopic virus had other plans though lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope you guys feel better fast.

Cetirizine & Famotidine (Zyrtec & Pepcid) at 10mg each, twice a day radically decreased incidence of intubation in hospitalized COVID patients.

Antihistamines seem to help prevent the cytokine storms that can happen in the lungs.

IMG_6341.JPG

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Slept like hell. Fever dreams suck. Hopefully this primo holds on to some mass

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, if you aren’t allergic to soy, Nattokinase daily (100mg/2,000fu) is the ideal anti-clotting compound longterm to be running for a while post COVID. You can use 81mg baby aspirin instead which you can buy in any store, but that isn’t ideal for longterm use.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks gents. It’s been a ride. Hadn’t trained in 9 days until today. Feeling weaker than fauci’s pitching arm. Everything was heavy as all hell today lol, but I got a light session in. Still have headache/body ache/charcoal throat and lung butter but I was disgusted with myself so went out to the garage to attempt this weightlifting thing. Took a bath with a few lbs of Epsom salt and watched the NHL eastern conference playoffs last night. That Epsom helped with the body aches considerably. Thing I’m finally on the upswing, just gotta eject all this phlegm and shake the disease

Gains were lost in this period, fuel for the fire.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/2
BW: 233 lbs of skin and bone

Mini band warms:
Pullaparts x 10
Press downs x 20
Snatch x 10
Williams ext x 10

Strict 10lb plate lat raises:
10x2 sets

Kaddilac bench, mid grip:
45x10
135x7
225x7
315x4,5,3
335x3

DB alt hammer curls:
40’sX20x3 sets

Light band triceps press downs:

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, if you aren’t allergic to soy, Nattokinase daily (100mg/2,000fu) is the ideal anti-clotting compound longterm to be running for a while post COVID. You can use 81mg baby aspirin instead which you can buy in any store, but that isn’t ideal for longterm use.
Snagged a bottle from Amazon. Thanks man.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad you’re feeling better…..My wife and I had that crap earlier in the year, and the worst thing for us was the body aches and fever.🤮

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad you’re feeling better…..My wife and I had that crap earlier in the year, and the worst thing for us was the body aches and fever.🤮
The fever dreams were awful. I very vividly remember one a few days ago where I was dead, essentially a ghost, and my wife couldn’t hear,see or touch me. It was like that movie from the 90’s with Swayze, but not romantic lol.
Very dark…. My dog even knew I was fahked up and slept on top of me 🤣

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The fever dreams were awful. I very vividly remember one a few days ago where I was dead, essentially a ghost, and my wife couldn’t hear,see or touch me. It was like that movie from the 90’s with Swayze, but not romantic lol.
That’s wild….ha I have wild dreams like that if I take a high dose of Melatonin. 😂

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Worse, you could have been like Spawn - just witnessing your wife and daughter moved on, with another man running your house, and you don’t have any skin

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Placing a day off between training days until I’m mostly Back to health. I should have just ran tren for 3 more weeks and I could have averted this whole crisis 🤣
Funny you say that. I got rona a couple weeks after finishing a 16 week blast. Didn’t have tren onboard, but it was something I considered since hormone fluctuations likely weaken the immune system.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
fark sounds hectic mate!

That dream was your mind preparing itself for non existence I reckon! Your dog knew what was going down for sure!

Im glad you are on the upswing now!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/4

Banded hip walks x 30

Reverse hyper:
+45x10x3

Transformer front squats:
135x7
225x7x3 sets

Shut it down. Migraine pounding. Every joint in my body felt like metal on metal at 225 lbs on the bar.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
COVID can take a while man. Listen to your body and build GPP back however seems most reasonable to you.

Also, it depletes B3/Niacin. 1-200mg per day for a few days will help get some energy back. Niacin makes you flush at bigger doses so do not buy the 500mg capsules; get 100mg if you get some.