Jinxie’s Mid-life Reincarnation Workout 🪵

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Damn, it’s too bad you’re headed to Austin right after I left there to go back to Houston.
Yeah, that’s really too bad! Could have used a training partner!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How long are you there?
Just Tuesday afternoon to Friday morning, and it’s pretty much all work. I don’t plan on training even. As much as I’d like to socialize, I don’t think I’ll have time in any event.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just Tuesday afternoon to Friday morning, and it’s pretty much all work. I don’t plan on training even. As much as I’d like to socialize, I don’t think I’ll have time in any event.
I’m only gonna be there tomorrow, but figured we could meet up if you were there that early. Oh well, maybe some other time!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It’s deload weekend, thankfully. Feeling a little beaten up, elbows are aching a little.

Angled Mult-grip Bench
3x warmups (wide)
3x warmups (medium grip)

Tricep Pushdowns
3x20

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long does your Deload last? Just the weekend?

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How long does your Deload last? Just the weekend?
Saturday through Monday are my primary training days and then I sometimes add a mid-weeks session, a short one. So I mostly just work out on the weekend.

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Deload continues …

Hex Bar DL
Warmups
300x5

T-bar Rows
3x10-12

Facepulls
3x12

Hyperextensions
3x25

Ez Curls (with fat gripz and arm blaster)
3x10

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, my aches are better but the lifting sucked post a 4-day bender at a work-function in Austin. Really disappointed in myself for this — reminder to self to drink more responsibly in furtherance of what’s important to me.

Angled Multi-grip Bench Press
Warmups
170x5 wide
200x5 wide
225x6 wide (expected at least 7)
225x5 wide
190x7 middle (expected 10)
190x5 middle
175x6 middle

Skull-crushers
3x8-12

Tricep Rope Pushdowns
3x18-11

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey fellas! Hope all is well for everybody and you’re enjoying the summer!

I had to say final goodbyes to a dear pet last Monday and ended up blowing off my lifting sessions as well as supportive eating for the week. Giving myself a pass. I’m down to 178 lbs now (from 190 lbs a couple month ago) and I’m feeling it.

On the plus side, I benched with a regular barbell for the first time in around 3-4 months, and my elbows held up pretty well even if my strength sucked.

Bench Press
Warmups
160x3
185x3
210x3
240x3
240x2
225x4

CGBP
135x10
165x8
185x5

Saving my triceps so I can shoulder press tomorrow. Hope to do a second session today — deadlifts, which I missed last week.

We’re going on a week-long trip to Portland next week. Plan on starting a new 5-3-1 regimen after I return to accommodate the recent weight loss.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear about the loss. That’s always tough.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
funny coincidence, I'm going to Portland Thursday for work but I'm hoping to make it a down and back same day....

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear Jinxie. Grieving is important, so let it ride. Hope the trip is a nice distraction.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry for your loss, bud.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry for your loss, bud.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey fellas! Hope all is well for everybody and you’re enjoying the summer!

I had to say final goodbyes to a dear pet last Monday and ended up blowing off my lifting sessions as well as supportive eating for the week. Giving myself a pass. I’m down to 178 lbs now (from 190 lbs a couple month ago) and I’m feeling it.

On the plus side, I benched with a regular barbell for the first time in around 3-4 months, and my elbows held up pretty well even if my strength sucked.

Bench Press
Warmups
160x3
185x3
210x3
240x3
240x2
225x4

CGBP
135x10
165x8
185x5

Saving my triceps so I can shoulder press tomorrow. Hope to do a second session today — deadlifts, which I missed last week.

We’re going on a week-long trip to Portland next week. Plan on starting a new 5-3-1 regimen after I return to accommodate the recent weight loss.
Take your time, man. I lost 3 in the last 18 months, and it never gets easier. The gym will always be there.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry for you lost. You sure you want to go to Portland LOL If you got time check out the Grotto, kind of faith based but the sculptures are amazing there and the grounds are really cool to. We were in Portland a couple weeks back and the roses were not bloomed yet in the Rose Garden yet but the Japanese garden is there and the zoo. Japanese garden is kind of expensive, $65 for 3, so think if you enjoy walking around and see gardens and sculptures the Grotto is more bang for you buck. Astoria and Lincoln city are not to far, on the coast, and the Goonies were filmed there if you ever watched it.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry to hear about you pet mate.

happy to hear you can bench again!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Jinx, just checking in buddy.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is a friendly reminder to go out to your garage and do some curls or something fun!
You guys are all so wonderful and I miss you dearly!!! Life just got in the way, including a major shoulder surgery!

I’ll be back soon. Been focused on inner work — but ready to reincarnate again with a bang!!! Jinxie 2.0! :)

Love and many blessings! You guys are the best!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
well well well, look what the cat drug in. was just thinking about your thread the other day!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
well well well, look what the cat drug in. was just thinking about your thread the other day!
Haha. It’s gonna be a lightweight thread for sure! As noted in the PM, I lost 16 lbs in 17 days bc of double Covid just lately. And then I had a monster shoulder repair back in November which still isn’t fully covered. Before losing weight, my bench was at around 235 lbs, lol. Hex bar DLs a little better at around 400 lbs.

I got a lot of work to do, and looking forward to some camaraderie!

More soon. Still sick and resting! Need to start checking out your logs for some inspiration!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Alright fellas, not sure how regularly I’m going to be able to post in the short term, bc I have a ****-ton of trips scheduled in the next few months (Miami now, Atlanta, Richmond and then Chicago), but I figured I’d at least get the ball rolling with this one.

As way of background update, I moved sideways for most of the time I stopped posting here, until a major right shoulder repair last November, which was really rough to recover from.

Before getting really sick with Covid (forcing me to take off 6-8 weeks), I was only benching around 225 lbs and hex bar DLing close to 400 lbs. But then I lost 20 lbs in 25 days, reaching as low as 162 lbs for the first time in many years.

Well, the weight came roaring back and about one month later, I’m back up to around 175 lbs. Still sort of weak, but strength is building predictably. And oh yeah, I just recently turned 53.

Without further adieu, here’s my workout at my aunt’s fancy-ass yacht club in Florida Keys.

Bench Press (35 mm bar, wtf?!?!): 45x10, 95x8, 125x8, 155x6, 185x6, 215x2, 230x1, 235x1, 225x1, 205x4

DB Incline Press: 50x8, 60x8, 70x6

Tricep ext s/s Pushdowns: 65x12, 80x10, 95x8

Seated DB Press: 30x10, 40x8, 50x6

Cybex Rear Delt Flyes: 50x10, 75x8, 90x8

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
And the progress pic — not the ideal lighting, but it’ll have to do for now:

IMG_5117.JPG

Last edited:
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
And as a point of reference, this is from a little over 2 years ago, at about the same weight. Undoubtedly, my chest and shoulders were bigger and stronger back then, given my significant shoulder repair last November, including a full rotator cuff tear. Ortho said it would take 12 months to get back to full strength on bench and OHP. Anyhow, I think I’m about where I should be in terms of strength and build. Onward and upward!!!

IMG_5118.JPG

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
And as another point of reference, here’s my bench from 26 months ago, at around the same weight (just after losing 10 lbs and dropping a fair amount of strength). Probably about 20 lbs max stronger.

IMG_5119.JPG

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
honestly dude you maintained really well, you're looking nearly as lean and the only difference I'm truly seeing in size could likely be filled in most of the way with some massive carb loading for a week lol

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
honestly dude you maintained really well, you're looking nearly as lean and the only difference I'm truly seeing in size could likely be filled in most of the way with some massive carb loading for a week lol
Thanks brother! Appreciate hearing that given that I sorta languished, and then the repair and getting so sick I had to take off a solid 6-8 weeks, on top of considerable weight loss.

Looking forward to catching up on your, Hyde’s and other logs!!! Hope you guys are doing wonderfully!!!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey you’re in shape, shoulder is fixed up, the world is your oyster. Glad to hear you got through that stuff Jinxie.
Thanks my guy! Looking forward to being humbled and inspired by your log, dude!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks brother! Appreciate hearing that given that I sorta languished, and then the repair and getting so sick I had to take off a solid 6-8 weeks, on top of considerable weight loss.

Looking forward to catching up on your, Hyde’s and other logs!!! Hope you guys are doing wonderfully!!!
hell yeah man. I won't insult years of hard work and say it's genetics, but you definitely still have a great base to build from!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
30 min sea kayaking — great pump!

SL Deadlifts (35mm barbell, can’t grip this ****!!!): 135x8, 185x5, 205x5, 225x5, 245x3

I’ll never use these machines again, unless I come back to this yacht club to visit my aunt while she’s on vacation, but have time to log, so doing it!

Cybex Back Extension: 150x8, 200x8

Cybex Abdominal: 100x10x3

Startrac Humansport High Pulley: 26kgx10, 30kgx8, 34kgx6

Hoist Mid Row: +90x10, +120x8, +140x8

Hoist Preacher Curl: +50x10, +70x9, +80x7, +90x6

This likely will be my last workout, other than some band work, on this vacation, which runs until Wednesday night. Will resume lifting on Thursday or Friday.

Intend to start reading other logs in the interim to catch up and for inspo!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to see you back here @jinxie! All in all, seems like very manageable to get back to where you were weight/strength wise. And a happy belated birthday to you.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Startrac Humansport High Pulley
there's a star trac machine at my gym that is a lower pully. it's a little corny, but I love it cause it's like hitting a bent over db row at a slightly different angle

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I appreciate you!

Still need to invest some time to get caught up on the latest in your logs. I’m sort of treading water here with an aggressive summer travel schedule with more to come this month and next, including trips to Atlanta, Chicago and Richmond. But I’ll get to it!

Despite only a couple sessions per week, still making a little progress and am optimistic I’ll recover all my strength and size by November, marking one year post major shoulder repair! Still need to reincorporate squats and I’ve been slack on the hex bar DLs too.

Bench Press: 95x10, 125x8, 155x6, 185x6, 205x4, 225x2, 240x1 (heaviest push since surgery — went up nicely)

Incline DB Press: 45x10, 55x8, 65x8, 75x7

Tricep Extensions s/s Pushdowns: x10/10, x10/10, x10/10

Weighted Ab Crunches: x15, x15, x15

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
there's a star trac machine at my gym that is a lower pully. it's a little corny, but I love it cause it's like hitting a bent over db row at a slightly different angle
Yeah dude, I’m not much for machines generally, but these are really nicely designed, easy to position precisely and super smooth.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good to see you back here @jinxie! All in all, seems like very manageable to get back to where you were weight/strength wise. And a happy belated birthday to you.
Thanks buddy — you’re too kind!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Haven’t trained DLs but once in 3.5 months, and last time was 2 months ago, so taking it a little easy today. Plus my back is sore, not sure why.

Hex Bar DLs: 150x5, 200x5, 220x5, 250x5, 290x5, 330x5 (easy peasy, could have done 10, np)

Low Pulley Rows: 105x10, 120x10, 127.5x10

Hyperextensions w KB: +20x15, +26.4x15, +30x12

Weighted Ab Crunches: x15, x15, x15

Need to hit shoulders and biceps still, before traveling to Atlanta for a week. Should be able to train there a few times at my cousin’s home gym.

Looking to reincorporate squats using my new Titan SSB (got it used on FB for $140) after I return.

Hope you fellas are having an excellent Labor Day weekend!