Skin care?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys.

Just wondered what's everyone's skin care (Especially the face lol). Over the last year I've made it a daily addition to try and maintain my skin. I've currently been using Tretinoin 0.025% every day. I'm well past the skin irritation etc and my skin is well adjusted now. I can use it daily without issues at all.

I've been reading a lot on maintaining my skin and Tretinoin seemed miles ahead of everything that's available.

After 6 months of use it has worked amazingly. I'm very happy with the before and after.

I also exfoliate in the shower 3 times a week.

I'm turning 36 this year and can really notice the signs of age catching up.

What does everyone else do for your skin in general? Anything that can be done to help slow the process?

What supplements are worth taking to help and maintain my appearance? I've read about loads but I don't know what works and what are scams.

Thanks

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You should really have a look at Resveros by apex-alchemy. Its an anti aging skin health power house~

Its on sale BOGO right now

AntonyDiaz

AntonyDiaz

Awards
I just do the basics. Sunscreen has been my go to, I never go out without it. Moisturizer before I sleep works as well.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm glad I found this! I was getting ready to start a thread exactly like this.
I just hit 50 last month and have been noticing my skins elasticity is nowhere near what it used to be..

I live in south Louisiana, so I should probably use sunscreen more often.

I'll check out the Resveros.

Anything else anybody uses? Some sort of body lotion?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I shower 2-3 times a day and use a oil free moisturizer when needed. The excessive showers are more for my shoulders and back, I break out like a teenager still, but my face seems to stay clear. For my face I will occasionally do one of those peels but typically just wash and (moisturizer if my skin is dry)

Seeing how I'm a greasy Italian, my skin is rarely dry

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was also looking into this. Any reliable places to get Retin a without a script?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I shower 2-3 times a day and use a oil free moisturizer when needed. The excessive showers are more for my shoulders and back, I break out like a teenager still, but my face seems to stay clear. For my face I will occasionally do one of those peels but typically just wash and (moisturizer if my skin is dry)

Seeing how I'm a greasy Italian, my skin is rarely dry
Lol, im just the opposite! I have really dry skin. Especially after I shower.. Don't tell anyone else, but I only shower a couple times a week during the cooler winter months.. It just drys me out too much!
My wife tells me to drink her collagen powder in my coffee. I guess I should try that.
I'm trying to lotion my skin more often. I need a good face moisturizer.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Lol, im just the opposite! I have really dry skin. Especially after I shower.. Don't tell anyone else, but I only shower a couple times a week during the cooler winter months.. It just drys me out too much!
My wife tells me to drink her collagen powder in my coffee. I guess I should try that.
I'm trying to lotion my skin more often. I need a good face moisturizer.
My daughter has oily skin on her face and her body skin is always very dry, it odd, but we tell her to shower EOD because if she does it daily her sides under her armpits around her hips all those areas get super dry and flaky to the point where they burn.

Buy some cheap hair conditioner and try using that on your body at the end of your shower, I noticed that helps a little, also coco butter and vitamin e lotions seem to work very good on her. Just make sure you're buying some of the higher quality ones because the cheap ones have all kinds of weird fragrances and stuff in them and they make the skin burn

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That right there is my problem.. I've never invested good money in high quality skin care.. I've always just picked up cheap Walmart stuff..

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That right there is my problem.. I've never invested good money in high quality skin care.. I've always just picked up cheap Walmart stuff..
For a long time me too, I still buy some products at the dollar store lol, but I always have one good product. I feel like this stuff here is a good middle ground. Especially if you have dryer skin, I only use a tiny amount on my greasy face lol

IMG_20220310_095557435.jpg

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I got another product my girl buys for me but it's hella expensive. Like $28 for a bottle that's only about three times the size of a tube of chapstick

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm glad I found this! I was getting ready to start a thread exactly like this.
I just hit 50 last month and have been noticing my skins elasticity is nowhere near what it used to be..

I live in south Louisiana, so I should probably use sunscreen more often.

I'll check out the Resveros.

Anything else anybody uses? Some sort of body lotion?
Honestly I would look into Tretinoin. It has been proven to be miles ahead of ANY skin care cream that's on the market. I mind reading about it and it's very tough to get here in the UK but I eventually found it. I started with the lowest %. I've been on it now for 7 months+ and my face skin has transformed. I genuinely have no crows feet when my face is relaxed (I'm turning 36 also). It will also clear every blemish or spot on your face. My face is honestly flawless. Not even a small pimple or anything.

It does have cons though. Once you start you get a shedding phase. Your skin peels and your skin does get red. This will last a month and then it will adjust. My skin still peels the odd time but it's very rare. No more red skin either. After that 6 month mark you will start getting comments. My sister was in a couple weeks ago and I noticed she was glaring at me and she says. Your skin is lovely btw. I've NEVER had this comment before lol.

Worth a look in to

Goggled101

Goggled101

Awards
I mainly just try and stay out of the sun these days without sunscreen but I also have to lotion after I shower and this may sound wierd but that Vaseline intensive care lotion has been the best for me.

It makes me a little oily but it keeps my skin from feeling or looking dry so I'll take it.

angywall

Awards
My skincare used to be washing my face before going to sleep and in the morning. This turned out to be not enough because my face started to cover with acne, just like the faces of so many other teenagers. At that moment, I understood that I needed to do something to like how my face looked in the mirror. I made an appointment with a dermatologist at Bella Pelle Dermatology center. They made me a list of things I have to do every day before going to sleep to get rid of these pimples. And it did work, even though I did not expect it to. My face is not completely clean now, but it’s much better. So, it is all individual, and you better ask a doctor what is better for you.

Last edited:
Larynavaly

Larynavaly

Awards
Hi, I have always looked after my skin because I understood that I always want to look fresh and beautiful. First, I went to a dermatologist and got some recommendations about it. He also advised me about a good online pharmacy. If someone here would also be interested, then click for more info. That's all, and I have special lotions that I use every morning. However, first of all, nutrition affects the condition of your skin. If you eat many fatty foods and sweets, you will constantly have acne and oily skin.

Last edited:

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi, I have always looked after my skin because I understood that I always want to look fresh and beautiful. First, I went to a dermatologist and got some recommendations about it. He also advised me about a good online pharmacy. If someone here would also be interested, then click for more info. That's all, and I have special lotions that I use every morning. However, first of all, nutrition affects the condition of your skin. If you eat many fatty foods and sweets, you will constantly have acne and oily skin.
Take your spam somewhere else

VonaseBegum

VonaseBegum

Awards
I think exfoliating is key too, gotta get rid of those dead skin cells. Have you tried any face masks? They can be super refreshing and make your skin feel amazing afterwards. As for supplements, I've heard good things about collagen and biotin. Have you ever considered filler treatment? I know it might sound scary but it's actually super popular these days. My friend got it done and she looks amazing. Here's the link if you wanna check it out https://rawbeautyaesthetics.com/services/filler-treatment-in-woodland-hills-ca/. It's definitely not for everyone but it's worth considering if you're interested in a more drastic change.

Last edited: