Wife Has COVID-19

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Delta variant was a pretty drastic change, but now I'm seeing variant information that just documents a change in structure. look at the variant name. we know nothing but hey freak out. I think covid mutations happen on a very rapid scale, but some mutations could actually make the virus weaker. this is one theory on why Japan has such low cases now. some people think it's due to poor mutation
Yes, good point. I only read a few articles so far, and nothing mentions the virulence thus far. A weaker version of the virus is our end game. We can only hope this is the case…

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Not sure if already posted. Basically talking about cardiovascular issue potential from mRNA. Looks to be an 11-25% increase with this somewhat small study, equally male to female, and aged all over the place.

Just figure it’s worth adding to have in one spot.
I had posted a similar article a couple pages back and this study has sent me down a path to start learning about IL-16, which I am just starting but it seems to be heavily implicated in autoimmune dysfunction. This and the IL-6 increase that we know can be caused by increased mRNA levels and from lipid nanoparticles...it could be a recipe for long term autoimmune disease triggering in my opinion.

Please note I said could be, not will be.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
fauci says he needs to know how effective the new variant is at evading vaccines before recommending travel bans...

yup, let it in while we are waiting, sounds like a plan-NOT

isn't this is the same guy who is always recommending to err on side of caution?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
fauci says he needs to know how effective the new variant is at evading vaccines before recommending travel bans...

isn't this is the same guy who is always recommending to err on side of caution?
travel bans are xenophobic remember 🥴

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
travel bans are xenophobic remember 🥴
"government agencies tell Americans to 'DOWNSIZE' thanksgiving"...

sounds like they are recommending a travel ban-eh?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Kronic et al

Mom & stepfather (unvaccinated) just recovered from Delta early this week. Both ~60 with no commorbidities. We began pharma Ivermectin for them both at 0.2mg/kg for a week beginning day 3 & 5 for them, respectively (the first day they would bother to actually go test & confirm positive). Both had mild fevers that discontinued by day 4 of Ivermectin self-treatment and totally over things now.

They tried to get monoclonal antibody therapy from their doctor on day 4 (a Monday) but they were ineligible due to being under 65 & not diabetic or high BMI.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Kronic et al

Mom & stepfather (unvaccinated) just recovered from Delta early this week. Both ~60 with no commorbidities. We began pharma Ivermectin for them both at 0.2mg/kg for a week beginning day 3 & 5 for them, respectively (the first day they would bother to actually go test & confirm positive). Both had mild fevers that discontinued by day 4 of Ivermectin self-treatment and totally over things now.

They tried to get monoclonal antibody therapy from their doctor on day 4 (a Monday) but they were ineligible due to being under 65 & not diabetic or high BMI.
I am willing to bet no politician goes without monoclonal antibodies…or wealthy people for that matter(Rogan, Rodgers, pool, etc). I bet the second they get Covid they do everything they can.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am willing to bet no politician goes without monoclonal antibodies…or wealthy people for that matter(Rogan, Rodgers, pool, etc). I bet the second they get Covid they do everything they can.
it might depend on the state you live in? but ya denying regeneron sounds messed up. I think Joe Rogan got his monoclonal before the federal government started to regulate the distribution, but I'm not sure

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
it might depend on the state you live in? but ya denying regeneron sounds messed up. I think Joe Rogan got his monoclonal before the federal government started to regulate the distribution, but I'm not sure
I listen to Tim Pool and he said his doctor said “it’s a virus sleep we can’t do anything. If it gets worse go to the hospital.” He calls Rogan who says he will help him out and did exactly what Rogan did and got better. Rodgers got the same. Apparently a couple hundred senators did the same cocktail. They are in with Pharma so they won’t be so transparent.

I mean how the hell do people think unhealthy old Trump got better so fast and was back campaigning.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

The WHO has cautioned countries against hastily imposing travel restrictions, saying countries should instead take a “risk-based scientific approach.”

Yeah, because the WHO was so on the money when things were initially developing in Wuhan. They don’t know their own ass from their asshole.

It’s easier to lift travel bans than wishing they had been imposed after it’s too late.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The WHO has cautioned countries against hastily imposing travel restrictions, saying countries should instead take a “risk-based scientific approach.”

Yeah, because the WHO was so on the money when things were initially developing in Wuhan. They don’t know their own ass from their asshole.

It’s easier to lift travel bans than wishing they had been imposed after it’s too late.
i agree with this 100%...all of it!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
pfizer says vaccine could be re-worked in 100 days to counter omnicron variant.....wow, after making trillions on 2 shots and then booster shots now they are going to triple their money on NEW vaccines.

deja vu all over again-eh yogi?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
biden admin will restrict travel due to omnicron variant...

hey, dimwit--how about securing the border while you are at it? :unsure:

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
pfizer says vaccine could be re-worked in 100 days to counter omnicron variant.....wow, after making trillions on 2 shots and then booster shots now they are going to triple their money on NEW vaccines.

oof seems like they think they can do it in 100 days. I did kind of expect this, because it's mutation seemed to be similar to flu. so there's gonna be a new spike protein that your body makes and we won't know what happens to people after 100 days

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
oof seems like they think they can do it in 100 days. I did kind of expect this, because it's mutation seemed to be similar to flu. so there's gonna be a new spike protein that your body makes and we won't know what happens to people after 100 days
like dorothy says--follow the money trail...and don't listen to that guy behind the curtain!!!

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@Kronic et al

do you think the ivermectin actually helped? or do you think they are just healthy and beat it on their own? I know it's supposed to inhibit viral replication, but only 4 days of ivermectin seems like maybe they didn't need it.

I'm glad your parents are ok. mine work on an airforce base so they had no choice but to vax. though I think they think I'm dumb for not getting vax. for my parents I guess that vaccine makes sense. they're really stubborn. my dad is limping around and I feel like **** recommending to bpc 157 to heal his hip.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
do you think the ivermectin actually helped? or do you think they are just healthy and beat it on their own? I know it's supposed to inhibit viral replication, but only 4 days of ivermectin seems like maybe they didn't need it.

I'm glad your parents are ok. mine work on an airforce base so they had no choice but to vax. though I think they think I'm dumb for not getting vax. for my parents I guess that vaccine makes sense. they're really stubborn. my dad is limping around and I feel like **** recommending to bpc 157 to heal his hip.
The goal of ivermectin use seems to be to keep inflammation down initially; it’s not nearly as helpful as a treatment later on.

It’s dirt cheap, super safe for most of adult gen pop, and there is conflicting studies on its efficacy. Kind of seems like a no brainer to try it if you can get legitimate pharmaceutical grade (not some veterinary horse paste). I had zero sides with it.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Nevermind this:

A frightening new potential explanation for vaccine-driven myocarditis and other problems
Researchers in the New England Journal of Medicine raise the possibility of an uncontrolled autoimmune response to the coronavirus spike protein that may last indefinitely

Downstream effects of the antibodies that people produce against the coronavirus spike protein may lead to myocarditis and even neurological concerns, two veteran medical researchers have written in the top medical journal in the United States.
Our immune systems produce these antibodies in response to both vaccination and natural infection with Covid. However - though the researchers do not say so explicitly, possibly because doing so would be politically untenable - spike protein antibody levels are MUCH higher following vaccination than infection. Thus the downstream response to vaccination may be more severe.
The NEJM published the short paper Wednesday in its Basic Implications of Clinical Observations series. One of the writers is an oncologist and professor at Harvard Medical School; the other is a cancer researcher who has his own lab at the University of California, Davis.

(SOURCE: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMcibr2113694)
The spike protein sticks out of the coronavirus shell and binds to a crucial signaling mechanism on our cells called the ACE2 receptor, enabling the virus to infect those cells. The mRNA and DNA/AAV vaccines hijack our cells to make a version of the spike protein. Our immune systems then produce antibodies that will recognize and destroy the spike protein and thus defeat the coronavirus.
But the researchers explain that those spike protein antibodies may themselves produce a second wave of antibodies, called anti-idiotype antibodies or Ab2s. Those Ab2s may modulate the immune system’s initial response by binding with and destroying the first wave of antibodies.
Unfortunately, to do so, the Ab2s must contain structures very similar to the spike protein itself. If they are too similar, they can wind up binding to the same parts of our cells that the spike protein targets.
As the researchers explain:
Some of the resulting anti-idiotype (or “Ab2”) antibodies that are specific for Ab1 can structurally resemble that of the original antigens themselves. Thus, the Ab2 antigen-binding region can potentially represent an exact mirror image of the initial targeted antigen [NOTE: this means the spike protein] in the Ab1 response…
As a result of this mimicry, Ab2 antibodies also have the potential to bind the same receptor that the original antigen was targeting. Ab2 antibodies binding to the original receptor on normal cells therefore have the potential to mediate profound effects on the cell that could result in pathologic changes, particularly in the long term — long after the original antigen itself has disappeared.
[Emphasis added.]
In other words, Ab2 antibodies may continue to damage our bodies long after we have cleared either Sars-Cov-2 itself or the spike proteins that the vaccines cause our cells to make.
To be clear, the researchers did not provide proof that these anti-idiotype antibodies are actually causing problems, or even that they exist. The paper merely presents a theory. But the writers believe it could explain the high incidence of myocarditis “after vaccine administration” and even “neurologic effects of SARS-COV-2 infection or vaccines.”
And what the researchers do not say, but what even the Centers for Disease Control acknowledges, is that vaccination produces much higher levels of anti-spike protein antibodies than natural infection.
“Completion of a primary vaccine series, especially with mRNA vaccines, typically leads to a more consistent, and higher-titer initial antibody response [than natural infection],” the CDC writes. (SOURCE: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/vaccine-induced-immunity.html)
A large Israeli study found spike protein antibody levels about four times as high in vaccinated as infected people. At the same time, vaccine-generated antibodies wane far more quickly, dropping up to 40 percent a month compared to 5 percent a month for naturally generated antibodies.
Are the high levels of vaccine-generated spike protein antibodies producing an equally robust response from Ab2 antibodies and causing a dangerous autoimmune cascade that can affect the heart and possibly other organs?
No one knows. But with non-Covid all-cause mortality rising in many countries where the mRNA vaccines were used heavily, it might be time to find out.
Especially since health authorities are now pushing booster shots, which produce even higher levels of spike protein antibodies in the people who get them.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BTW, pediatric infections are up 32% within 2 weeks of the vaccine being approved for 5-11yo.....as always happens after a new vax campaign starts. Infections rise DUE TO THE VACCINATION DRIVE.

Covid-19 cases in children are up 32% from two weeks ago, pediatricians' group says - CNN

---

About a week or 2 ago, reports like the following started appearing:

COVID Vax Rates in Africa Are Low But Region Avoids Worst, Leaving Scientists Baffled (newsweek.com)

With Low Vaccination Rates, Africa's Covid Deaths Remain Far below Europe and the US | Mises Wire

Well, scientists were so baffled, they apparently decided to remedy this!

Botswana Government on Twitter: "MEDIA RELEASE #LetsDefeatCOVID19Together #AReFenyengCOVID19Mmogo 🇧🇼 https://t.co/LVMbmtLQx4" / Twitter

'tHeReS a NeW vArIanT iN aFriCaAAAA!' See!? No one is allowed to escape the wrath of covid. NO ONE!

They breathlessly declare it an emergency:

The US is set to restrict travel from 8 countries on Monday because of the new Omicron coronavirus 'variant of concern' (msn.com)

'Worse than Delta': Alarm over Botswana Covid variant with multiple mutations (rfi.fr)

But since we're not stupid motherfuckers, we can see right through their little bullshit plan, right? RIGHT? From 12 Jul 2021:

How scientists detect a new COVID variant | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

Specifically:
  • South African scientists have discovered a new COVID-19 variant.
  • Around the world, it’s a constant battle to keep up with new mutations.
  • Here’s how they detect new strains in a bid to keep ahead of the virus.
Scientists in South Africa have discovered a small number of cases of a new COVID variant. They’re working to understand its potential implications but told a news conference that it had a ‘very unusual constellation’ of mutations.
They’re concerned that they could help it evade the body’s immune response and make the variant - named B.1.1.529 - more transmissible.

You see where I'm going with this? And BTW, why did we jump from Delta to Omicron? There's a greek letter in between. What is that letter, for some reason it escapes me right now. Anyone?

Last edited:
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
BTW, pediatric infections are up 32% within 2 weeks of the vaccine being approved for 5-11yo.....as always happens after a new vax campaign starts. Infections rise DUE TO THE VACCINATION DRIVE.

Covid-19 cases in children are up 32% from two weeks ago, pediatricians' group says - CNN

---

About a week or 2 ago, reports like the following started appearing:

COVID Vax Rates in Africa Are Low But Region Avoids Worst, Leaving Scientists Baffled (newsweek.com)

With Low Vaccination Rates, Africa's Covid Deaths Remain Far below Europe and the US | Mises Wire

Well, scientists were so baffled, they apparently decided to remedy this!

Botswana Government on Twitter: "MEDIA RELEASE #LetsDefeatCOVID19Together #AReFenyengCOVID19Mmogo https://t.co/LVMbmtLQx4" / Twitter

'tHeReS a NeW vArIanT iN aFriCaAAAA!' See!? No one is allowed to escape the wrath of covid. NO ONE!

They breathlessly declare it an emergency:

The US is set to restrict travel from 8 countries on Monday because of the new Omicron coronavirus 'variant of concern' (msn.com)

'Worse than Delta': Alarm over Botswana Covid variant with multiple mutations (rfi.fr)

But since we're not stupid motherfuckers, we can see right through their little bullshit plan, right? RIGHT? From 12 Jul 2021:

How scientists detect a new COVID variant | World Economic Forum (weforum.org)

Specifically:
  • South African scientists have discovered a new COVID-19 variant.
  • Around the world, it’s a constant battle to keep up with new mutations.
  • Here’s how they detect new strains in a bid to keep ahead of the virus.
Scientists in South Africa have discovered a small number of cases of a new COVID variant. They’re working to understand its potential implications but told a news conference that it had a ‘very unusual constellation’ of mutations.
They’re concerned that they could help it evade the body’s immune response and make the variant - named B.1.1.529 - more transmissible.

You see where I'm going with this? And BTW, why did we jump from Delta to Omicron? There's a greek letter in between. What is that letter, for some reason it escapes me right now. Anyone?
I know there were some other Greek variants. I saw news of epsilon variant. I think most places have been passed Delta for a while now, but I think the current variant is a mutation of delta. some countries seem to have different variants now

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know there were some other Greek variants. I saw news of epsilon variant. I think most places have been passed Delta for a while now, but I think the current variant is a mutation of delta. some countries seem to have different variants now
They've all been Greek letters. It went from Nu to Omicron. Check the chart, what was skipped?

'China kindly requests you do not call the current variant of the China virus after our fearless leader, thanks'

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
They've all been Greek letters. It went from Nu to Omicron. Check the chart, what was skipped?

'China kindly requests you do not call the current variant of the China virus after our fearless leader, thanks'
ya man I'm pretty sure they were used. I googled a few of them followed by "variant" I think they just weren't considered significant.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's ok though, Moderna is here to $ave us all.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nevermind this:

A frightening new potential explanation for vaccine-driven myocarditis and other problems
Researchers in the New England Journal of Medicine raise the possibility of an uncontrolled autoimmune response to the coronavirus spike protein that may last indefinitely

Downstream effects of the antibodies that people produce against the coronavirus spike protein may lead to myocarditis and even neurological concerns, two veteran medical researchers have written in the top medical journal in the United States.
Our immune systems produce these antibodies in response to both vaccination and natural infection with Covid. However - though the researchers do not say so explicitly, possibly because doing so would be politically untenable - spike protein antibody levels are MUCH higher following vaccination than infection. Thus the downstream response to vaccination may be more severe.
The NEJM published the short paper Wednesday in its Basic Implications of Clinical Observations series. One of the writers is an oncologist and professor at Harvard Medical School; the other is a cancer researcher who has his own lab at the University of California, Davis.

(SOURCE: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMcibr2113694)
The spike protein sticks out of the coronavirus shell and binds to a crucial signaling mechanism on our cells called the ACE2 receptor, enabling the virus to infect those cells. The mRNA and DNA/AAV vaccines hijack our cells to make a version of the spike protein. Our immune systems then produce antibodies that will recognize and destroy the spike protein and thus defeat the coronavirus.
But the researchers explain that those spike protein antibodies may themselves produce a second wave of antibodies, called anti-idiotype antibodies or Ab2s. Those Ab2s may modulate the immune system’s initial response by binding with and destroying the first wave of antibodies.
Unfortunately, to do so, the Ab2s must contain structures very similar to the spike protein itself. If they are too similar, they can wind up binding to the same parts of our cells that the spike protein targets.
As the researchers explain:
Some of the resulting anti-idiotype (or “Ab2”) antibodies that are specific for Ab1 can structurally resemble that of the original antigens themselves. Thus, the Ab2 antigen-binding region can potentially represent an exact mirror image of the initial targeted antigen [NOTE: this means the spike protein] in the Ab1 response…
As a result of this mimicry, Ab2 antibodies also have the potential to bind the same receptor that the original antigen was targeting. Ab2 antibodies binding to the original receptor on normal cells therefore have the potential to mediate profound effects on the cell that could result in pathologic changes, particularly in the long term — long after the original antigen itself has disappeared.
[Emphasis added.]
In other words, Ab2 antibodies may continue to damage our bodies long after we have cleared either Sars-Cov-2 itself or the spike proteins that the vaccines cause our cells to make.
To be clear, the researchers did not provide proof that these anti-idiotype antibodies are actually causing problems, or even that they exist. The paper merely presents a theory. But the writers believe it could explain the high incidence of myocarditis “after vaccine administration” and even “neurologic effects of SARS-COV-2 infection or vaccines.”
And what the researchers do not say, but what even the Centers for Disease Control acknowledges, is that vaccination produces much higher levels of anti-spike protein antibodies than natural infection.
“Completion of a primary vaccine series, especially with mRNA vaccines, typically leads to a more consistent, and higher-titer initial antibody response [than natural infection],” the CDC writes. (SOURCE: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/vaccine-induced-immunity.html)
A large Israeli study found spike protein antibody levels about four times as high in vaccinated as infected people. At the same time, vaccine-generated antibodies wane far more quickly, dropping up to 40 percent a month compared to 5 percent a month for naturally generated antibodies.
Are the high levels of vaccine-generated spike protein antibodies producing an equally robust response from Ab2 antibodies and causing a dangerous autoimmune cascade that can affect the heart and possibly other organs?
No one knows. But with non-Covid all-cause mortality rising in many countries where the mRNA vaccines were used heavily, it might be time to find out.
Especially since health authorities are now pushing booster shots, which produce even higher levels of spike protein antibodies in the people who get them.
c.mon man, post a legitimate source--New England Journal Of Medicine??? smh...

:love:

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

That's a plot twist Dan Brown would be jealous of.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol, the Xi bit is just some stupid woke ****. I'm irritated that they literally got pissed some news outlets were pointing out how Africa has single digit vax rates and simultaneous extreme low infection rates, so they 'find' four (4, as in one, two, three, four) cases of a 'new and extremely novel variant with many highly unusual mutations'.....from Africa of course. And they present it as if it's current, and pressing info.

But it was discovered 4-6 months ago. It's probably NOT from Africa. And it's LESS deadly than Delta. Nevermind all that, THERE'S SOMETHING WE NEED YOU TO PANIC ABOUT, IN AFRICA, SEE NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE LOW INFECTION RATES OR LOW VAX RATES, and certainly not BOTH.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, I've come down with something. Body aches, headache, mild chills, but I don't think a fever and the lightest cough ever just to clear out a little stuff in my lungs or back of throat. I've had the lower body aches for 3 days before realizing I was actually sick. This reminds me more of the flu I had in February 2020, unless that wasn't the flu. Already taking 11000 iu vitamin D, 250mg trans-resveratrol, probiotics, and 40mg telmisartan. I'll bump my vitamin C to 6-9g today and tomorrow go higher when I have my vitamin c powder.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just got my second shot of Pfizer about an hour ago. I can already feel the superiority rising within.
Thank you for not only making the effort to protect your own health, but also for doing your part to support healthcare professionals. We appreciate you!

Last night, our hospitalists had to deny 3 COVID transfers from outside hospitals because we ran out of equipment to support them. All of our 11 High-Flow oxygen devices were being utilized on unvaccinated COVID patients. One of which was being utilized on a fresh admit from an out of state hospital. He is 30 years old with Down Syndrome and is requiring 90% oxygen. I’m not sure who thought it would be a wise plan to not get him vaccinated 🤷‍♂️

Just another day at the office!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone know if any antibody tests people can easily get and use? I always hear about Rogan doing it pre show every episode. Says it’s quick and easy. Granted he is filthy rich, but I still don’t think he would do it if expensive. Any insights this?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you for not only making the effort to protect your own health, but also for doing your part to support healthcare professionals. We appreciate you!

Last night, our hospitalists had to deny 3 COVID transfers from outside hospitals because we ran out of equipment to support them. All of our 11 High-Flow oxygen devices were being utilized on unvaccinated COVID patients. One of which was being utilized on a fresh admit from an out of state hospital. He is 30 years old with Down Syndrome and is requiring 90% oxygen. I’m not sure who thought it would be a wise plan to not get him vaccinated 🤷‍♂️

Have you gotten any time of support for like a vacation or short break during this? I feel bad it seems like you are going through a lot with all this and I don’t blame you. The other thing is if pharma and the government came off as half as honest as you at the very least I think there would be more vaccinations in anyone vulnerable, if not in general. Basically saying without knowing you that you seem like a good honest dude and I hope you’re doing okay with all this.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry to post three in a row but separate points. Just want to say the new South Park post Covid is great anyone looking for humor considering people willing to be funny is few in the current society.

Warthog13

Awards

Daggone it! Given that the new variant was communicated over Thanksgiving, it should be the "Pi" variant, right?!?
:D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

fucking biden, the resources are available to him to utilize the military like what trump did!!

impeach the bastard!!!

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, I've come down with something. Body aches, headache, mild chills, but I don't think a fever and the lightest cough ever just to clear out a little stuff in my lungs or back of throat. I've had the lower body aches for 3 days before realizing I was actually sick. This reminds me more of the flu I had in February 2020, unless that wasn't the flu. Already taking 11000 iu vitamin D, 250mg trans-resveratrol, probiotics, and 40mg telmisartan. I'll bump my vitamin C to 6-9g today and tomorrow go higher when I have my vitamin c powder.
you should probably get a covid rapid test if you can. so you can gauge your response. otherwise:

got NAC or glutathione? I saw something about melatonin being good too. so maybe pop some for bed time.

keep your lungs clear. lay prone instead of on your back when you can. cough it all up. gotta keep the infection out of your lower lungs.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have you gotten any time of support for like a vacation or short break during this? I feel bad it seems like you are going through a lot with all this and I don’t blame you. The other thing is if pharma and the government came off as half as honest as you at the very least I think there would be more vaccinations in anyone vulnerable, if not in general. Basically saying without knowing you that you seem like a good honest dude and I hope you’re doing okay with all this.
Thank you! Yes, I was able to have a vacation the first week of November. I felt so good and legitimately felt happy. When I returned, I walked into the worst things have been since Delta made its impact. Lots of extra shifts which occur during night shift. I am praying that I am not called in again tonight. I need some time away from that place. It’s not like I don’t have things I need to get done in my personal life!

When Delta first hit, we had a larger percentage of COVID admissions (as high as ~40%) that were in fact vaccinated. Of those people, only the very elderly and/or people with comorbidities were requiring high oxygen and the occasional ventilator. Nonetheless, all but one of them survived. The trend now over the past month or so is that no more than ~10% of COVID admissions are vaccinated patients, and I really haven’t had to do anything with them.

fucking biden, the resources are available to him to utilize the military like what trump did!!

impeach the bastard!!!
Speaking of resources, the VP of our hospital actually called my RT manager at home at 10:30 last night to verify that we were out of High-Flow oxygen devices. She was not impressed. She can only order what they allot her for a budget and most equipment is on back order regardless. Apparently he didn’t believe what was being reported back to him from the charge RT last night which thankfully wasn’t me.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you! Yes, I was able to have a vacation the first week of November. I felt so good and legitimately felt happy. When I returned, I walked into the worst things have been since Delta made its impact. Lots of extra shifts which occur during night shift. I am praying that I am not called in again tonight. I need some time away from that place. It’s not like I don’t have things I need to get done in my personal life!

When Delta first hit, we had a larger percentage of COVID admissions (as high as ~40%) that were in fact vaccinated. Of those people, only the very elderly and/or people with comorbidities were requiring high oxygen and the occasional ventilator. Nonetheless, all but one of them survived. The trend now over the past month or so is that no more than ~10% of COVID admissions are vaccinated patients, and I really haven’t had to do anything with them.

Speaking of resources, the VP of our hospital actually called my RT manager at home at 10:30 last night to verify that we were out of High-Flow oxygen devices. She was not impressed. She can only order what they allot her for a budget and most equipment is on back order regardless. Apparently he didn’t believe what was being reported back to him from the charge RT last night which thankfully wasn’t me.
Ah that’s rough. I did a few years of night shift to get into where I am now and man that shift is no joke. Hope this gets better soon

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone know if any antibody tests people can easily get and use? I always hear about Rogan doing it pre show every episode. Says it’s quick and easy. Granted he is filthy rich, but I still don’t think he would do it if expensive. Any insights this?
T detect. $150 iirc.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ah that’s rough. I did a few years of night shift to get into where I am now and man that shift is no joke. Hope this gets better soon
Yeah, I am full time days now, but I did like 6 years of night shift before that. I actually handled it quite well though. Being on call only applies to night shift coverage, so if there is a need then I have no choice but to go in. Throwing in the random night shift takes a big toll on me now though!

The holes in day shift coverage are handled by people volunteering to pick them up and we get $375 extra for picking up these shifts. I have only done one or two of those as I value my sanity and quality of life (what’s left of it) over a bigger pay check. They claim the extra incentive for these shifts will be going away. What they fail to recognize is that people will no longer pick up these shifts.

We all believe things will get worse through the holiday season and then maybe taper off a bit in February. 🤷‍♂️

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you should probably get a covid rapid test if you can. so you can gauge your response. otherwise:

got NAC or glutathione? I saw something about melatonin being good too. so maybe pop some for bed time.

keep your lungs clear. lay prone instead of on your back when you can. cough it all up. gotta keep the infection out of your lower lungs.
I have been taking 1,200 mg NAC (just ran out), 1,000 mg optimized Quercetin, 10,000 IU vitamin D, and at least 15,000 mg vitamin C per day as my major players to keep myself healthy. I was also recently reading that Luteolin has showed promise in inhibiting viral cell entry.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have been taking 1,200 mg NAC (just ran out), 1,000 mg optimized Quercetin, 10,000 IU vitamin D, and at least 15,000 mg vitamin C per day as my major players to keep myself healthy. I was also recently reading that Luteolin has showed promise in inhibiting viral cell entry.
I'm obsessed with liver restore by AA. injectable glutathione. hangovers pretty much don't exist anymore for me

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m doing all of this as well…baby aspirin too and some other non-Covid stuff like zinc, magnesium, fish oil, etc.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Thankfully it's been easy to clear out of my lungs when I've had anything in there. I do have NAC, but haven't used it. Been nervous about adding new things since I get side effects from everything. Good call on the melatonin. I'll be doing a at home covid test tonight, and depending on that probably go to urgent care tomorrow morning.