Any Way to Test For Protein Deficiency?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

1. What scientific ways are there to test for protein deficiency?

2. Is there a specific bloodtest, etc.?

3. We all know the ways to lose fat is caloric deficit.

Essentially, lots of vegetables and protein is the common idea for many, many people.

Yet, I wonder if all that high amount of animal protein is even necessary.

4. What stops people from eating nothing but vegetables without losing muscle mass and strength?

Especially with all types of gear, it seems even more possible.

Last edited:
Hypnotic traveling

Hypnotic traveling

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Do their legs look like straws? If yes, They’re deficient they should Eat protein. It’s a critical macronutrient for muscular development/ maintenance. Furthermore, under no circumstance is gear a replacement for proper nutrition.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don’t want to over simply what is a complex thing but I feel like you’re missing the absolute basic requirement to build (or retain) muscle……the amino acids found in protein.

gear does many things but the increase in protein synthesis is one of the main ones in relation to this, however that still requires protein (or specifically the amino acids commonly found in protein).

simply stated the body will not survive without protein or fat in some capacity (carbs are the one macro we can survive without consuming as glycogenesis is able to provide the amounts needed in the body)

the way you’ve asked the question suggests you are seeing protein as meat, poultry, fish etc and ignoring that a number of vegetables also contain protein. Several are a complete protein source (meaning they supply all the amino acids required). So just eating veg does not mean one is not consuming protein, but does make it harder to consume enough protein to create muscle or maintain a decent amount of mass (again to my earlier point, increased protein synthesis is great, but still requires protein).

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
1. Yet. If someone was on strong enough gear, I would think plant foods would be enough.

No?

2. My basic nutrition teacher told me the Amino Acid pool lasts about 24 hours. So, something like rice for breakfast and beans for lunch would provide enough amino acids, even though a complete protein was never eaten.

3. For example, look an Oxandrolone and AIDS patients studies in the 1980's (before HAART was discovered in 1995). The AIDS was causing so much wasting, so many problems that there is no way a patient could cease losing weight of both fat and muscle.

(and many others I have not dug up yet)

Oxandrin actually caused a muscle gain and increased fat loss. Why?

Whatever few calories and protein were ingested were utilized because protein synthesis was so high.

4. Practically, I am wondering about a diet like Nick Delgado.

Yes, he loads up on growth hormone and "bioidentical" TRT.
He also exercises for two hours a day.

Yet, when he is in such an anabolic state because of gear, does it surprise you that eating 10 servings of fruit, 10-30 servings of vegetables, and only about 50 grams of vegan protein a day is sufficient for him?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1. Yet. If someone was on strong enough gear, I would think plant foods would be enough.

No?

2. My basic nutrition teacher told me the Amino Acid pool lasts about 24 hours. So, something like rice for breakfast and beans for lunch would provide enough amino acids, even though a complete protein was never eaten.

3. For example, look an Oxandrolone and AIDS patients studies in the 1980's (before HAART was discovered in 1995). The AIDS was causing so much wasting, so many problems that there is no way a patient could cease losing weight of both fat and muscle.

Whatever few calories and protein were ingested were utilized because protein synthesis was so high.

Yet, when he is in such an anabolic state because of gear, does it surprise you that eating 10 servings of fruit, 10-30 servings of vegetables, and only about 50 grams of vegan protein a day is sufficient for him?
try it lol

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

No?

When you asked, "Yet I wonder if protein is even necessary?" (it Is) ... Did you mean "meat", not "protein"?
Because those words aren't synonymous.

Protein is necessary.
Beans (for instance) are high in protein).

“One serving (1/2 cup cooked) of beans provides about 7 grams of protein, the same as 1 ounce of meat.” (generalization)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think it's just a troll post tbh
OP posts Dozens of posts asking off the wall questions. Its no surprise. Check his post history

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry.

I am not trolling. I don't wish to appear dumb, etc.

Rather, it's just that I have more trouble getting results than others.

When dieting and exercising, I tend to lose more energy levels, muscle and strength, even with the fat.

When bulking, I tend to gain fat much more than muscle mass or strength.

I see people like Nick Delgado claiming extreme things, such as eating a no-oil, no-meat, vegan plant diet, but somehow still looking good and being strong.

I am just trying to separate the truth from fiction.

And, yes, I did mean "animal protein." Sorry, I was tired and careless when I posted. I'll fix it now.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Also, as for info, it's hard for me to move past anecdote and see data driven studies.

Compared to a pharmaceutical drug, etc. how much research is done in exercise physiology?

Even something like "Tabata Protocol" etc. was only done on dozens of people, and replicated a few times. Not hundreds of case studies with thousands of people.

I am doing more vegetables, whole grains, and fruits. So far, I feel better and my calories are lower than normal. Of course, I will keep trying. The big thing for me is to not worry about the sugar found in real fruit, as many people have badmouthed it these past 30 years.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm sorry.

I am not trolling. I don't wish to appear dumb, etc.

Rather, it's just that I have more trouble getting results than others.

When dieting and exercising, I tend to lose more energy levels, muscle and strength, even with the fat.

When bulking, I tend to gain fat much more than muscle mass or strength.

I see people like Nick Delgado claiming extreme things, such as eating a no-oil, no-meat, vegan plant diet, but somehow still looking good and being strong.

I am just trying to separate the truth from fiction.

And, yes, I did mean "animal protein." Sorry, I was tired and careless when I posted. I'll fix it now.
No big deal, bro.

I wouldn't focus on Extreme things that some say they do that works.

Stick with the tried and true.
..... Because it is Tried and it is True.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Agreed.

Nick Delgado has lived in my hometown for decades. I am trying what he's doing 80/20% rule.

More vegetables, fruits, whole grains...yes.
More plant proteins and animal proteins sparingly...yes.
100% meat, dairy and doing nothing but raw and vegan...too difficult for anyone to do all the time.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
imo there is probably only a benefit to going vegetarian temporarily (protein cycling). a month of being vegetarian is probably good for you. but then you have to consider pescetarian which is likely superior.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I have nothing against meat and enjoy it.

I just think the idea that we need so much protein per pound of bodyweight is bunk. Some people, like this Nick Delgado, prove that under certain conditions, only raw, vegan, and plants will suffice. Others, such as Will Brink, show up to 2 grams per pound of bodyweight won't necessarily be harmful. 1 gram per pound of bodyweight seems like a middle ground.

Rather, I think reducing calories from meat, etc. may be a great way to reduce calories without necessarily losing muscle and strength.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I just think the idea that we need so much protein per pound of bodyweight is bunk. Some people, like this Nick Delgado, prove that under certain conditions, only raw, vegan, and plants will suffice. Others, such as Will Brink, show up to 2 grams per pound of bodyweight won't necessarily be harmful. 1 gram per pound of bodyweight seems like a middle ground.

Rather, I think reducing calories from meat, etc. may be a great way to reduce calories without necessarily losing muscle and strength.
the main problem I see with a highly plant based diet is not so much about protein, rather micronutrients and healthy fats. soy and flax belong in the trash. meat substitutes like beyond burger are not good for you. organ meats like liver and heart are super foods. egg yolks are a natural liposomal multivitamin.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

the main problem I see with a highly plant based diet is not so much about protein, rather micronutrients and healthy fats. soy and flax belong in the trash. meat substitutes like beyond burger are not good for you. organ meats like liver and heart are super foods. egg yolks are a natural liposomal multivitamin. you can just get a fish oil supplement, but there's nothing that really compares to fish oil in a purely plant based diet

Last edited:

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
No, really.

I wonder if bodbuilder's using mega-doses of hardcore ones like Anadrol would ever be vegan? Or simply on vegetables?

1. My guess is their protein synthesis is so high that they could at least maintain muscle on a low calorie, vegetable only diet.

2. On a much milder scale, I have seen oxandrolone be used for obese people on a protein sparing modified fast.

Someone with low bodyfat and a fast metabolism would lose a lot of energy, muscle mass, and strength.

But, not these people who made favorable compositions, as did the AIDS patients I mentioned otherwise.

3. In my case, Oxandrolone just causes huge increases in hunger, and lots of roid rage, even at 10mg a day. So, I won't do that.

4. But, more practically speaking, eating almost all vegetables seems like way to cut calories drastically, while still getting a higher volume of food. Protein and lipids can still be used more than an extremist like Nick Delgado; but are not the mandatory thing many people think.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

No?

All I hear is (can I take way too much gear and have a sub par diet and still get jacked?) Then I heard (I'm only gonna agree with you if you agree with what I'm suggesting)

Food makes results, there are literally hundreds of thousands of 140lb guys with no muscle on steroids, you know why? There diet sucks.

A 100% perfect diet with perfect training and steroids is only going to get the average person 10-12lbs of muscle tissue in a year, 15-20 if you got freaky genetics. Anyone who tells you more is full of ****. Theres probably more then 100 guys on this forum that have been on gear for years, if 20lbs of muscle per year was attainable with steroids then every one of us would be a 270+lb pro bodybuilder.

What's my point? You can't eat rabbit food and take a bunch of drugs and get jacked. Unless your the rare person that looks at weights and eats whatever they want and still grows.

You made a point to say (strong enough gear) well if you took only 500mg of test or 10,000mg of combined gear it's not gonna make you build more then that 10-20lbs a year.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This falls in line with the guys saying they built 20lbs of muscle on a prohormone cycle yet there on cycle number 10 and still have never got over 200lbs.

Ive been on trt with a few cycles mixed in over the past 2.5 years, in that 2.5 years I've put on about 10lbs of muscle and lost maybe 15-20lbs of fat. Not fantastic results but better then a lot of guys I know who been blasting and cruising for the past 5-10 years and still look exactly the same as when I met them because they never change there diet, or work out harder. They eat what the want, they train half ass and all the drugs just keep them looking the same for years in a row, they literally gain 5-10lbs on cycle and loose 5-10lbs on there cruise time and time again

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Smont, thanks for that.

I guess people like Nick Delgado do the extreme (so-called "bioidentical testosterone" and only fruits and vegetables), yet still are lean and muscular. Yet, he is doing these extreme things as a profession to prove himself.

For the rest of us, best sensible diet, exercise, and maybe gear is the way to go.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Smont, thanks for that.

I guess people like Nick Delgado do the extreme (so-called "bioidentical testosterone" and only fruits and vegetables), yet still are lean and muscular. Yet, he is doing these extreme things as a profession to prove himself.

For the rest of us, best sensible diet, exercise, and maybe gear is the way to go.
If you wanna try it, by all means then try it. But I'm 99% sure you will be dissapointed. I know a lot of ppl (myself included) that pack in the calories to try to get big or go on strict calorie and macro counting diets to get ripped, train hard, track everything and are still unsatisfied with results. Even on gear, if your Natty and do your first cycle then there's a possibility you might get a result your looking for but just like newbie games for naturals, there's newbie gains for steroids and after that initial cycle or couple months on gear, your right back to grinding out a couple lbs here and there

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. To me, it's just hard to get in the middle with muscle mass, strength, and not be bulky.

Even 10mg of Oxandroline skyrockets my hunger and makes me bulk up, even though I feel much stronger and confident.

Rather, I just want to look like this regular guy: