Mellisa Bumstead arrested for gear

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wow! How screwed up is this. Homeland Security involved, and a special investigation unit planting a tracking devise in the package, an arrest and 6 felony charges. All for a box of gear. Great job guys we can all sleep safer at night with this hardened criminal off the street. Absolutely ridiculous!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This whole thing doesnt make sense to me.

She lives with Iain Valliere and Chris Bumstead, latter just joined forced with Raw Nutrition. Another partner with Raw is Matt Jansen. Who is part owner of a legal TRT clinic and i can imagine have safe hook ups in Florida. So why in the world would they ship stuff from Canada to their own names. Seems incredible dumb and aside from the personal tragedy this is. It worries me how it will effect Chris contest prep and his presence going forward.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This whole thing doesnt make sense to me.

She lives with Iain Valliere and Chris Bumstead, latter just joined forced with Raw Nutrition. Another partner with Raw is Matt Jansen. Who is part owner of a legal TRT clinic and i can imagine have safe hook ups in Florida. So why in the world would they ship stuff from Canada to their own names. Seems incredible dumb and aside from the personal tragedy this is. It worries me how it will effect Chris contest prep and his presence going forward.
I’ll tell you why but you won’t like it lol because canadian gear is much better and cleaner than most thing you see in the US. I know the source he uses and it’s litterally one of the best source worldwide I understand why he wouldn’t switch. Unfortunately that was a gamble and they lost .

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The point is that it is ridiculous to spend money and resources on something so frivolous.
There’s obviously something behind it. Because as you say, it’s ridiculous to spend money and resources on something so frivolous.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You don't think it could just be a show because she is an IG influencer and has some notoriety?

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maaaaan this is such a bas timing for Chris and Iain... Almost one can say it's on purpose to generate bad publicity for both of them...

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You don't think it could just be a show because she is an IG influencer and has some notoriety?
Well I guess it make sense.. Chris and Ian are extremely huge in the industry. But why not any other huge bodybuilders before them then? Did someone report something about them? Idk I can’t get it...

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well I guess it make sense.. Chris and Ian are extremely huge in the industry. But why not any other huge bodybuilders before them then? Did someone report something about them? Idk I can’t get it...
I think it's bc they are on the rise

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
This new administration has been cracking down hard on illegal drug importation from Canada, India, and China. I never had problems under Trump or Obama, but since Biden took over, packages are being picked up frequently. My guess is that we will be seeing a lot more of this and that this is just the beginning.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This new administration has been cracking down hard on illegal drug importation from Canada, India, and China. I never had problems under Trump or Obama, but since Biden took over, packages are being picked up frequently. My guess is that we will be seeing a lot more of this and that this is just the beginning.
'WOKE' women who truly believe in toxic testosterone syndrome are very influencial in the biden admin.;)

Last edited:
BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been saying for a longtime now that EVERYONE is way to cavalier about what they talk about and if you did not know better you would swear based on YT and IG posts that gear has become legal. You have a top 6 Mr. O finisher who regularly posts on IG thanking a certain UGL for keeping him happy and healthy and this UGL had a freaking booth at last years Mr. O, are you fucking kidding me?

This place is so brazen that I thought they were an actual TRT/HRT clinic and I contacted them about becoming a patient. They DMed me a price list that clearly was not a legit TRT clinics product offerings. When I declined as I wanted a legal script they told me not to worry as they have cops and fireman who use their company, oh ok then so its all good then huh? It's like everyone in the industry collectively forgot about Operation Raw Deal and Gear Grinder.

I fear this is just the start...........

Political leanings aside the current pres was Instrumental in the passage of the 1990 ASCA and can use any win he can get these days so if you dabble be careful.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have been saying for a longtime now that EVERYONE is way to cavalier about what they talk about and if you did not know better you would swear based on YT and IG posts that gear has become legal. You have a top 6 Mr. O finisher who regularly posts on IG thanking a certain UGL for keeping him happy and healthy and this UGL had a freaking booth at last years Mr. O, are you fucking kidding me?

This place is so brazen that I thought they were an actual TRT/HRT clinic and I contacted them about becoming a patient. They DMed me a price list that clearly was not a legit TRT clinics product offerings. When I declined as I wanted a legal script they told me not to worry as they have cops and fireman who use their company, oh ok then so its all good then huh? It's like everyone in the industry collectively forgot about Operation Raw Deal and Gear Grinder.

I fear this is just the start...........

Political leanings aside the current pres was Instrumental in the passage of the 1990 ASCA and can use any win he can get these days so if you dabble be careful.
I think you forget they’re canadian and it’s not illegal to have steroids for personal use here. I walked out of my house with steroids in my hand in front of a police officer last year. It’s not illegal and they don’t care. They’re all canadian and I think they simply underestimated how fucked up the US is.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think you forget they’re canadian and it’s not illegal to have steroids for personal use here. I walked out of my house with steroids in my hand in front of a police officer last year. It’s not illegal and they don’t care. They’re all canadian and I think they simply underestimated how fucked up the US is.
The fact that they disguised the package clearly demonstrates their awareness of the illegality of the contents. I am well aware of the laws in Canada and I DON"T agree with the US laws but that matters not. The laws of your homeland don't follow you and this could of been completely avoided. Pretty sure the sources they could have used locally would have been perfectly fine and Iain is not winning shows because his gear is slightly better/cleaner than local sources. I am always talking about risk/reward on here, mostly when guys want to fly with ****, and the risk here, as CLEARLY demonstrated, was greater than the reward. As to underestimating LE's voracity towards PED's I once again reference raw deal and gear grinder and as I have said many times they don't care right up to the moment they do.................

This has the potential to be a very, very bad depending on how the DA wants to play this.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The fact that they disguised the package clearly demonstrates their awareness of the illegality of the contents. I am well aware of the laws in Canada and I DON"T agree with the US laws but that matters not. The laws of your homeland don't follow you and this could of been completely avoided. Pretty sure the sources they could have used locally would have been perfectly fine and Iain is not winning shows because his gear is slightly better/cleaner than local sources. I am always talking about risk/reward on here, mostly when guys want to fly with ****, and the risk here, as CLEARLY demonstrated, was greater than the reward. As to underestimating LE's voracity towards PED's I once again reference raw deal and gear grinder and as I have said many times they don't care right up to the moment they do.................

This has the potential to be a very, very bad depending on how the DA wants to play this.
You almost sound like they deserved to get caught because they weren’t careful enough or something?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm just loling at all the social media white knights saying Ian needs to step up and take the heat himself, and not let his wife go down for it. Dumba$$es.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm just loling at all the social media white knights saying Ian needs to step up and take the heat himself, and not let his wife go down for it. Dumba$$es.
So simple minded and angry little fucks right? LOLLLL

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ll tell you why but you won’t like it lol because canadian gear is much better and cleaner than most thing you see in the US. I know the source he uses and it’s litterally one of the best source worldwide I understand why he wouldn’t switch. Unfortunately that was a gamble and they lost .
That's a good point, and becomes even more relevant when you consider that Melissa uses AAS too. It might be "easy" to get gear in the US, but I imagine they wanted to stick with a trusted source.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I agree with everyone who mentioned Biden and now possibly having a higher penalty for this stuff. They hate masculinity.

There have been more seizure letters given out it seems which most just get a letter. Maybe they keep reordering ?

However

It looks a whole lot more sketchy when you come as non us citizens to stay, get a house from your non us citizen brother and order to it from the place you travelled from. Also, they had the names and they’re all well known bodybuilders..

But yeah , this is just a sign to play it more safe imo

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
But yeah , this is just a sign to play it more safe imo
Have been saying this for months. After the second friendly warning letter, I decided to stop trying til the dust settles. I don't need a knock at the door.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have been saying this for months. After the second friendly warning letter, I decided to stop trying til the dust settles. I don't need a knock at the door.
Good idea and keep it domestic lol. International is sketch

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You need a UPS Store Box.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Pretty much everything that goes through customs gets scanned. It's not rocket science. Hopefully, the amounts were truly only for personal use and they get off easy and don't have their lives ruined.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You almost sound like they deserved to get caught because they weren’t careful enough or something?
For the love of God how much clearer do I need to be: I DISAGREE WITH THE LAWS 100% but what they did was STUPID and Unnecessary! I am a HUGE fan of Iain and company and it makes me sick that this happened and the long-term fallout that could come of it. Worse case scenario could be very, very bad for her. That being said knowing all this it was a very poor choice to make as they had OPTIONS. When people have no options it's far more understandable when great risk is taken as it is the only way to get from point A to point B. That was not the case here.

My overriding point is everyone act surprised and outraged when this happens when we should be surprised that it does NOT happen MORE OFTEN. All I am doing is trying to drive home the point that whether we think they SHOULD care about PED's matters not THEY DO and people have been acting way too cavalier about these things lately.

" because they weren’t careful enough or something"
Well when one is not careful enough and something bad happens who's fault is it????

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So simple minded and angry little fucks right? LOLLLL
So you honestly think that whole pack was her personal use and all the drugs in a house with a top IFBB male BBer 1 and 3 weeks out from the biggest shows of his life were all HERS? Are you serious?

Even if she was using a even 50% of those drugs you would let your wife go down 100% and not try to take the blame?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So you honestly think that whole pack was her personal use and all the drugs in a house with a top IFBB male BBer 1 and 3 weeks out from the biggest shows of his life were all HERS? Are you serious?

Even if she was using a even 50% of those drugs you would let your wife go down 100% and not try to take the blame?
In what world did I say all that gear was hers lol... I said people are fucking stupid for saying iain and Chris should’ve taken the blame. Iain probably bring 70-75% of the intake in his couple and for Chris... he makes about 10 times more than both of time combined and obviously big sister will back her brother and the two guys who make the most in the family and who’s carrier are obviously to her more important than hers when she doesn’t even really care about competing long term. Jesus lol cant believe that’s what you got from my text.

Reactions: Nac
MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
In what world did I say all that gear was hers lol... I said people are fucking stupid for saying iain and Chris should’ve taken the blame. Iain probably bring 70-75% of the intake in his couple and for Chris... he makes about 10 times more than both of time combined and obviously big sister will back her brother and the two guys who make the most in the family and who’s carrier are obviously to her more important than hers when she doesn’t even really care about competing long term. Jesus lol cant believe that’s what you got from my text.
I think he understood what you said? His point was that if she tried to claim it was all for her personal use, she'd have one hell of an uphill battle substantiating that.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This actually makes a perfect sence... Hope everything goes well for all of them...

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Exactly. Lol.

Her name is on the package. They all obviously discussed this at some point previously. She wasn't framed. She wasn't coerced. She decided to do it. Why? Cos that's what she is prepared to do for her husband, and brother.

For all we know, Ian could've objected. He could've said it was dumb. But Melissa strikes me as fiercely loyal and very stubborn. Anyone who is married, will know how loyal women can be to their man. Even if NONE of those drugs were hers she'd still do this for him.

This whole argument "let your wife go down for this" is absolutely retarded and misses the whole point of why she did it.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You're stupid.
Maybe not. She will have to sell this idea to experts. I'm sure she's on gear, but it's pretty obvious she isn't on THAT much gear? Also, obviously her brother and husband ARE on that much gear?

P.S. Not taking sides, just being objective.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maybe not. She will have to sell this idea to experts. I'm sure she's on gear, but it's pretty obvious she isn't on THAT much gear? Also, obviously her brother and husband ARE on that much gear?

P.S. Not taking sides, just being objective.
Holy fuk lol.

What relevance does this have to the idea that Ian needs to take the blame and not her? That was a discussion and decision all 3 of them (well 4, I'm sure Courtney was involved too) had some time previously.

Legally, Melissa's name is on the package. And she will no doubt agree with authorities it was for her and her alone. Which means, again legally, she was intending on taking a crap load of AAS or she was intending to distribute. Hell, maybe Ian and Chris will claim some of the AAS is theirs. Who knows. But that's their decision as a family. Not ours on Social media lol. Making this a moral thing is again, missing the point.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Holy fuk lol.

What relevance does this have to the idea that Ian needs to take the blame and not her? That was a discussion and decision all 3 of them (well 4, I'm sure Courtney was involved too) had some time previously.

Legally, Melissa's name is on the package. And she will no doubt agree with authorities it was for her and her alone. Which means, again legally, she was intending on taking a crap load of AAS or she was intending to distribute.
Hopefully they don't try to get her for distribution.
They might.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Nac you litterally found the exact same words I was looking for in your last two posts. I don’t get it lol

Reactions: Nac
Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Pffftt, that shyts deader than disco, hell nah women are equal now (and for the record so they should be) so no ones better than anyone else male or female. Of course if it was my GF i would take a million bullets but thats not because she's female its just thats what you do for someone you love, she'd do the same for me. Not because some incels wanna virtue signal without any skin in the game, literally

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
They might.
That's exactly what will happen here. Thank you.

I'm not trying to make it a moral dilemma. I understand that they decided to go this route as a family. My interjection is simply to point out that she has a lengthy and tough battle ahead. I feel for them all! 💔😢

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They might.
For sure.

I think the threshold quantity for distribution is pretty low. Like, an amount us guys would probably order for a cycle/blast would constitute intent to distribute. So it's low.

And that's the risk, obviously, ordering this sh1t. But these guys (Ian, Chris, melissa) are no doubt like 99% of us...we won't get caught...authorities don't care about small time buyers....we've been doing this for years...etc.

They fukt up. But it's a decision they all agreed upon. Maybe they'd do sh1t different now lol

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
some lawyers can be magicians.. little slap on the wrist, some fines, bye bye. would be such a taxpayer waste to throw her in jail for that while actual crooks are out doing much worse things...

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pffftt, that shyts deader than disco, hell nah women are equal now (and for the record so they should be) so no ones better than anyone else male or female. Of course if it was my GF i would take a million bullets but thats not because she's female its just thats what you do for someone you love, she'd do the same for me. Not because some incels wanna virtue signal without any skin in the game, literally
You get it.

Even if every cell in Ian's body is screaming "I CANT LET THIS HAPPEN TO MY WIFE SOME OF THOSE DRUGS ARE MINE!!" he won't fess up cos why? His loyalty is to his wife and to the agreement, whatever it is, they have with each other. He won't go against that agreement unless they both discuss it and she changes her mind. He is not gonna suddenly take the moral high ground and go "no, everyone it was me, the drugs are mine" and betray the agreement with Melissa.

Lol these are human beings who's loyalties are to each other, not anyone else/legal system.

Last edited:
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Appreciate the name calling because we don't see eye to eye on something as trivial as a current events story in the BB world, very classy.
Sorry, I agree that was unnecessary. All this judgmental crap happening on social media...it just seems, to me, like such a superficial way to look at their situation.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
some lawyers can be magicians.. little slap on the wrist, some fines, bye bye. would be such a taxpayer waste to throw her in jail for that while actual crooks are out doing much worse things...
maybe they can get off with drug rehab :)

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry, I agree that was unnecessary. All this judgmental crap happening on social media...it just seems, to me, like such a superficial way to look at their situation.
I don't think any of us know enough of the details, especially what was discussed amongst the involved parties ahead of time, to die on any hill of opinion. I still feel that if I ever found myself in a scenario where we have to discuss who goes to jail ahead of time and there is a less legally risky option, obtaining locally in FL, I would pull that lever 10/10. I mean how bad can the FL or US dom. sources be, look at Walker he seems to get by ok lol.

Something that makes zero sense to me is why there is a pack coming in at this point. I would think you would not want to rely on a pack coming in 1 and 3 weeks out to finish your prep. Even if it just got seized who the hell wants to scramble at that point in prep?? And if you don't need it for the Arnold and O, because you have enough already, why ship it at all? Another random thought would be why not have the source, who is experienced in such matters ship it? I have more questions than anything.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Longterm I think the chance of not being allowed back into the US ever again may be something that comes out of this. It would really suck if for the rest of Iain's career she is not with him on these trips. I could be wrong but if you are a foreigner that has committed a felony in the USA your not supposed to be able to come back in, and I don't think Melissa is the type to sneak across the boarder, not that something like that ever takes place lol.:rolleyes: