Is waxy maize good?

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
I’ve got like over 5kg of waxy maize that I bought from myprotein awhile back.
I’ve herd mixed reviews…is wms ideal post/during workout, or is it pure garbage?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don’t like the texture of WMS. I prefer HBCD. HBCD keeps a sustained blood sugar and insulin levels unlike WMS. I also liked Carb10 but can’t find it anymore.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I used to do waxy, it seems like it's an ok starch but afaik karbolyn is newer and better. you could literally put corn flour in your shakes for a similar effect. if you got the powder already might as well use it

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
I don’t like the texture of WMS. I prefer HBCD. HBCD keeps a sustained blood sugar and insulin levels unlike WMS. I also liked Carb10 but can’t find it anymore.
Hmm I see..

Ziyo

Ziyo

Awards
  • Established
I used to do waxy, it seems like it's an ok starch but afaik karbolyn is newer and better. you could literally put corn flour in your shakes for a similar effect. if you got the powder already might as well use it
Yeah you’re right but would there be any benefit using it intra/post workout or should I just use it another time during the day?

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use it pre workout mixed with my pre workout right before entering the gym.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't think its bad .. i def think it works . yeah HBCD is one of the best waxy works great too imo

Half pre .. Half during workout .. i believe you will start to see increase fullness & recovery

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I rather eat my carbs. Give me a donut, cookie, anything.

Waxy maize is another supplement the industry created for sales.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Add another vote for me on the HBCD/Clusterdextrin opinion. It's the only carb that I ever add besides the old Cytomax carbs when I do endurance stuff which is rare anymore.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Corn starch was the worst. Remember wasting my money on that and didn’t understand why my gut was bloating up and aching and killing my training. What an industry scam…you could eat almost any carbs for better performance fuel.

I wish someone would have just explained to me I could have eaten captain crunch before training and saved the money, not had to choke down that awful unflavored powder, had better training and actually enjoyed it.