Awesome pre workout meal

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Thought I would share my pre workout meal with everyone. It’s calorie dense yet very lite on the stomach. I eat this about 30 min pre workout. This meal helps me push trough 25 minutes of hit cardio followed by 90 minutes of lifting.

1/4 cup of cream of rice
1/4 water
1/4 almond protein milk
1/4 blueberries
1/2 small banana
2 Tbls of hemp seeds

Last edited:
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Very close to Meadows preworkout meal.
Meadows doesn't use 3/4th of those ingredients
(Berries, banana, almond protein milk, hemp seeds) he adds nut butter, and will sprinkle low-calorie Hershey syrup

Last edited:
ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Meadows doesn't use 3/4th of those ingredients
(Berries, banana, almond protein milk, hemp seeds) he adds nut butter, and will sprinkle low-calorie Hershey syrup

This isn’t supposed to be anything like meadows version. I I haven’t used a microwave or eaten chocolate syrup in over 10 years.. this version provides more cals and provides much more sustainable energy.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This isn’t supposed to be anything like meadows version. I I haven’t used a microwave or eaten chocolate syrup in over 10 years.. this version provides more cals and provides much more sustainable energy.
Which is why I quoted the poster above you. His comment did not make much sense at all considering they are two vastly different mixtures of ingredients.

Whether your version provides more sustainable energy is too subjective from person to person. I know some people who can't tolerate banana's as they have a food intolerance to them. As far as calories go anyone could easily chunk 3 TBSP of peanut butter into the cream of rice and adjust their portions to create a larger surplus compared to your version. Again another subjective statement that will vary from person to person. The addition of the fat is covered in the video as to why John does it. What works for one doesn't always work for the other, or else we would all eat the same thing and follow the same training template.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Which is why I quoted the poster above you. His comment did not make much sense at all considering they are two vastly different mixtures of ingredients.

Whether your version provides more sustainable energy is too subjective from person to person. I know some people who can't tolerate banana's as they have a food intolerance to them. As far as calories go anyone could easily chunk 3 TBSP of peanut butter into the cream of rice and adjust their portions to create a larger surplus compared to your version. Again another subjective statement that will vary from person to person. The addition of the fat is covered in the video as to why John does it. What works for one doesn't always work for the other, or else we would all eat the same thing and follow the same training template.
Banana intolerance? 😊

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Banana intolerance? 😊
Correct. Get a food intolerance test done I work with many clients who can't eat them because it comes back "red" or very high on their tests

you can buy the kits and do it yourself

or you can check with a local doctors office to get one done. You would be surprised at what things will bloat people, or what foods they cannot tolerate. For example I can't eat fish of any variety because it leaves me feeling horrible and causes horrible bloating. I work with other clients who can't have whole eggs, oatmeal, mushrooms, and various other sources just due to intolerances.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Correct. Get a food intolerance test done I work with many clients who can't eat them because it comes back "red" or very high on their tests

you can buy the kits and do it yourself

or you can check with a local doctors office to get one done. You would be surprised at what things will bloat people, or what foods they cannot tolerate. For example I can't eat fish of any variety because it leaves me feeling horrible and causes horrible bloating. I work with other clients who can't have whole eggs, oatmeal, mushrooms, and various other sources just due to intolerances.
No I agree I was just joking. I am 47 and have already have a good idea of what agrees with me. Nothing bloats me more then beans. Sucks, cause I love them. Yeah man I was vegan for 7 years and now I’m back to being a vegetarian. I haven’t eaten animal meat in over 9 years. I’m a much happier being a vegetarian. I still don’t consume much dairy but I eat 6-8 whole eggs every day.

doithuong

doithuong

Awards
This topic is quite good, thanks for your sharing it is quite helpful for me.

keith8nm

keith8nm

Awards
ItalOne, awesome recipe! I would also add more berries to it, just to gain more minerals and vitamins.

phillip5324

Awards
Your recipe is awesome as it improved your workout quality of . I often drink rice milk before the workout, because it contains calcium for strengthening bones and preventing injuries. Calcium plays a vital role in muscle contraction and relaxation. I often get rice milk from https://sportsinside.co.uk/ because of its good quality and unique taste. Drinking milk is also good for long-distance runners which keep their body fueled by necessary electrolytes and extra carbohydrates.