by Amy Stafford A Healthy Life For Me
A typical chain restaurant serves wings at around 100 calories a pop. You can easily lighten things up by using flavorful spices in your breading and a touch of butter (yes, butter!) and hot sauce. And don’t forget about a healthier cooking method. Instead of frying, the trick to getting the nuggets crispy is baking and then quickly broiling.
Skill level: Beginner
Start to Finish: 33 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 23 minutes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders, cut into 2″ pieces
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon grass fed butter, melted
- ½ cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for pan
1. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil, and grease with coconut oil. Set aside.
2. In a large plastic bag combine coconut flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt and shake to blend. Add chicken pieces to bag, close and shake to cover chicken.
3. In a small bowl add butter and hot sauce and stir to combine.
4. Dip chicken pieces into hot sauce mixture one at a time coating.
5. Place chicken pieces on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Raise heat of oven to broil and cook an additional 2-3 more minutes. Remove and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
Source: A Healthy Life for Me