by Levi Harris The Blog
As the seasons start to cool off, it’s always nice to curl up to a nice warm cup of coffee. Since we’re trading our iced drinks for the warmer variety, let us offer to warm your soul with our Tiramisu Cake recipe! Before you say you’re still trying to avoid sugar, we should let you know each serving of this delectable cake has less than 1g of sugar. It’s a bit of a process, but it’s definitely worth it in the end. So get ready to find an excuse to have more than one slice. Check out the full recipe below.
Yields: 10 Servings | Serving Size: One slice
Calories: 240 | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Net Carb: 11g
Total Carb: 10g | Sugar: <1g
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes for bars / ~16 minutes for cake | Total Time (including prep/cool times): 2 hours, 30 minutes.
- 1 Quest Cinnamon Roll Protein Bar
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp zero calorie sweetener
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 4 egg yolks, room temp.
- 1 tbsp zero calorie sweetener
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 8oz Neufchatel or cream cheese, room temp.
- 1/4 cup coffee or espresso
FOR THE CAKE
- Prepare an 8×8 inch pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the protein bar into pieces and place it on a separate baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Once cool, place the bar pieces into a blender and blend until fine crumbles form.
- Combine the crumbles, almond flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. With a handheld mixer, beat the yolks and the zero calorie sweetener until pale in color, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla and almond milk.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- With clean beaters, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Stir half of it into the almond flour mixture and then fold in the remaining half.
- Pour the completed mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for 14-16 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean).
FOR THE FILLING
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sweetener in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Reduce to a simmer and whisk consistently for 7-8 minutes until the mixture has thickened and turned pale in color.
- Set aside to cool.
- In another bowl, use a handheld mixer to beat the heavy cream until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add in the protein powder and mix until combined.
- Add the neufchatel to the slightly cooled egg yolk mixture and beat until well blended and then stir in the heavy cream mixture.
- Cut the cooled cake in half.
- Place one half of the cake into the bottom of a loaf pan lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Pour half of the coffee or espresso over the the cake and let it soak in.
- Spread half of the filling over the cake layer.
- Repeat with remaining cake, coffee and filling.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours before dusting with cocoa powder.
- Cut into 10 slices and enjoy!