Do Exogenous Ketones Cause People to Go Into Ketosis Faster, or Just Appear So?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

1. As posted in other threads, I could not get into ketosis easily. I always had to eat zero carbohydrates for six days to register on Ketostix.

I admit, I never tried it with the blood tests.

2. Even in ketosis, I never lost any weight. I simply regained lost water weight, when I stopped. Nothing was so discouraging, as everyone else swore how fast fat loss came off.

3. Recent years, people speak of buying exongenous dietary ketones, while following a zero carbohydrate diet.

4. Will this help induce ketosis faster? I wish there was a magic pill I suddenly could do.

Then, I would do:

a. Low carb diet Monday - Friday, some weights and cardio on limited energy
b. High carb, low fat diet on weekends, with huge workouts

That would be a great recomp, if only I could get into ketosis.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just appear so BUT they may help make you feel less like ass as your blood glucose drops.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just appears so. Just because theres ketones in your body also dosent mean your in ketosis. Even when you're in ketosis., you eat some carbs and your body will go back to glucose but ketones are still in your body. Once you burn up the glucose you go back to using ketones.

Keto diets suck anyways. There are great way to get skinny fat for many ppl. (Some do great, most dont)

The easiest way to lose body fat is to count your calories, Nothing else is more accurate.

Write down everything you eat for a whole week, Plug it all into a food calc and divide it by seven and that's your maintenance calories. -200 and your fat loss journey begins💪