ManBeast's Recovery

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Ok, here's what I'm doing to get my joints, ligaments and tendons back in shape. I plan on doing this routine for at least one month, and probably 2 before making any major changes.

Split is a Push/Pull/Legs (M,W,F) with cardio (M-Tr and either Sat, Sun or both) 30 minutes on the bike M,W and either 45 minutes on the bike or 30 minutes on the elliptical the other days.

I will spend about 10 minutes pre-workout to stretch my muscles and get my heart pumping a bit.

I will be doing 1 set of 20 reps, 1 set of 15 reps and 1 set of 10 reps for each exercise unless noted.

Monday: Push
Incline Bench Barbell Press
Cable Tricep Extensions
Machine Pec Flyes
Abs (3 sets at bodyweight to near failure)
Reverse Hyperextensions (3 sets at bodyweight to near failure)
Cardio

Tuesday: Cardio

Wednesday: Pull
Machine Horizontal Row
Machine Lat Pulldown
Machine Rear Delt Flyes
Dumbell Arnold Curls
Obliques (3 sets at bodyweight to near failure)
Cardio

Thursday: Cardio

Friday: Legs/Shoulders
Leg Press
Calf Raise
Quad Extensions
Hamstring Curls
Rotating Shoulder Press
Dumbell Shrugs
Lateral Shoulder Raise

Sat: Rest

Sun: Cardio

MB

Last edited:
ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Monday March 31st:

Incline Bench Barbell Press: 50, 70, 85
Cable Tricep Extensions: 40, 50, 60
Machine Pec Flyes: 35, 40, 45
Abs: 12, 12, 10
Reverse Hyperextensions: 10, 10, 10
Cardio: 30 minuets Level 8 on bike - 210 Calories

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I've looked at my stash (didn't realize I had so many goodies left!). And I'm supplimenting this program. I've decided I won't be "recovered" until I'm back in the shape I was when I left in 2005.

Starting Sunday 4-6, I'll be doing the following as well:
1 week Clen Pulse 100mcg on non lifting days (except Saturday).
1x Stim-X on lifting days.
1 week Tri-lean (1x hyperdrive 2x special Tactics 1x lean dreams).
1 week Clen Pulse 100mcg on non lifting days (except Saturday).
1x Stim-X on lifting days.

In May I'll use up whatever clen I do have left on non-lifting days, no more than 100mcg per day 3x a week.
(I'm keeping the clen use low, because I know how my body reacts to it. 4x a week is too much for me in general).

In June I'll Run 1 month of Cissus RX and PowerFull at the standard bottle dosing along with some yohimbine.

In July I'll run 1 month of Tri-Lean (1x hyperdrive, 3x special tactics, 1x lean dreams).

In August I'll run 1 month of Anagen and Fenotest at the standard bottle dosing and some yohimbine.

All of this will be done while cutting. My workout will definitely change throughout this. But I will be keeping my diet in check.

If I can get down to a more reasonable BF% by the end of August, I will be rewarding myself with a 6 week pulse cycle of Superdrol starting in the second half of september. I'll then use November and December to recover, and start cutting again in January.

MB

Last edited:
ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday April 1st:

Cardio: 45 minutes on bike level 9 - 330 calories.

MB

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck ManBearPig...err, ManBeast.

I'm somewhat on a path to recovery too, so I understand how it must feel getting back into it.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
LOL @ ManBearPig :thumbsup: :D

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday April 2nd:

Machine Horizontal Row: 70, 90, 100
Machine Lat Pulldown: 60, 70, 80
Machine Rear Delt Flyes: 35, 40, 45
Dumbell Arnold Curls: 15, 20, 25
Obliques: 12, 12, 10
Cardio: 30 minutes bike level 8 - 195 calories

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Thursday April 3rd:

Cardio: 45 minutes on bike level 9 - 325 calories

MB

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome commitment to the cardio! Cardio is one my lazy points. But I'm getting it together:)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I f*ckin hate cardio... Honestly... but I know of no other way to burn calories as efficiently :(

MB

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I hate it as well. If I could dial the diet in every single day I would not need it. My training equals 45 min of cardio. But I ate super clean before the Arnold and then the day it was over I quit. :( So now i'm doing cardio to knock the damage off..sigh.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Good luck to you :) Diet alone has never been enough for me unless i just want to maintain.

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Friday April 4th

Leg Press 2x45 per side, +25/side, +25/side
Calf Raise 3x45 per side, +25/side, +15/side
Quad Extensions 90, 100, 110
Hamstring Curls 100, 110, 120
Rotating Shoulder Press 20, 25, 30
Dumbell Shrugs 40, 50, 60
Lateral Shoulder Raise 5, 10, 12

-Notes: I'm liking this routine, looking forward to really CLEaNing up these next two weeks! :D

MB

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Hi ManBeast, forgive me stupidity but what exactly are you recovering from? Did you stop lifting and are getting back on track?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Silver: I'm recovering from being out of it.

Weekend update: didn't take saturday off (walked about 5 miles or so), started CLEaNing today, but couldn't make it to the gym so I walked another 5 miles.

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Now that I think hard, while I was not working out i did sustain a solid injury to my left knee which had me in a soft brace for about 3-4 months. I also had to be on my feet a lot while wearing it which probably didn't help the healing. I can notice the atrophy which occured and has cause my legs to be asymetrical. I'll be working on this in the future.

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Monday April 07

Incline Bench Barbell Press: 60, 75, 85
Abs: 10, 10, 10
***My Core was still sore from last week***
Cardio: 30 minuets Level 8 on bike - 200 Calories

Clen reminded me of its sides, had a small cramp starting the last few minutes of cardio.

MB

Last edited:
crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Clen cramps are the worst especially in the bottom of your foot! Taurine is your friend here.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
yeah i know, I thought that with a sunday, tuesday, thursday dosing schedule I might not need to use it. Guess I was wrong :)

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Well, I've decided to add Yohimbine into the powerfull/cissus rx stack, as well as with the anagen and fenotest stack.

MB

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm here man.Must suck "starting over."I'm always scared of somehing happening that would keep me out of the gym.Or worse,something like loosing an arm or leg........That would suck!!!For anyone as far as that goes!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm here man.Must suck "starting over."I'm always scared of somehing happening that would keep me out of the gym.Or worse,something like loosing an arm or leg........That would suck!!!For anyone as far as that goes!
There is a guy on another board that lost an arm and I gave him a bottle of Havoc to help him get back on top again. He always reminds me that no matter how hard my workouts can be there are others who truly have to overcome. And he is doing it well instead of sitting around crying over it. Awesome perserverence.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is a guy on another board that lost an arm and I gave him a bottle of Havoc to help him get back on top again. He always reminds me that no matter how hard my workouts can be there are others who truly have to overcome. And he is doing it well instead of sitting around crying over it. Awesome perserverence.
Yeah it is.I love the pics of bb'rs competing in wheel chairs or with fake legs.....I don't think I could do it.I'm already such a negative person really.Maybe it completely changes you though,I just thnk my change would be for the worse!Anyways,theirs an old bb'r who went through dialysis and almost died and all that.(I think Don Long?)He said now when he does cardio he remebers his days when he couldn't and others that still can't,and it makes it much easier to be fortunate enough to be able to do it.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the inspiring words!

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Note: I hate how often I have to take a piss right now... LOL

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday April 8th:

Cardio: 30 minutes bike level 9 - 222 calories

Ok, I'm really hating to love clen right now, so I'm going to finish up this week, then do the week of tri-lean, and then another week of clen. I can't do this for 2 weeks straight even if it is "pulsed" I must have forgotten about all the nasty sides in my old age, LOL.

MB

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tuesday April 8th:

Ok, I'm really hating to love clen right now, so I'm going to finish up this week, then do the week of tri-lean, and then another week of clen. I can't do this for 2 weeks straight even if it is "pulsed" I must have forgotten about all the nasty sides in my old age, LOL.

MB
What is clen?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL Hang in there with the clen, the sides diminish really quickly!! I mad myself SO sick with it when I first tried it...blech threw up for a whole day and shook like a chihuahua!!!lol!

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are ya'll saying clenbuterol?Isn't that a steroid?Or am I wrong?Or are ya'll refering to something else.Sounds like a drug though.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Clenbuteral is what we are referring to, its a research drug that helps in fat loss. It is considered anabolic in the first 3 weeks to help maintain muscle. But it has wicked sides!

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for heading up the answers crader :)

I'm using the clen as a cutting agent. Ok... I'll stick with the two weeks straight IF I don't feel like crap tomorrow, I'll chalk yesterday up to being a terrible day (I feel a lot better now).

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday April 9th:

Machine Horizontal Row: 80, 90, 100
Machine Lat Pulldown: 60, 70, 80
Machine Rear Delt Flyes: 35, 40, 45
Dumbell Arnold Curls: 15, 20, 25
Vertical barbell row (2 sets of 15 reps): 50 both
Obliques: 12, 12, 10

I've decided to add in Vertical barbell row for pull day and Dips for push day in order to make the workouts feel more "complete".

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Thursday April 10:

Cardio: 45 minutes bike level 9 - 314 calories.

I'm feeling much better and I think I'll stick to the clen for 2 weeks, maybe even three now.

MB

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So you trying to loose some fat obvisouly?Did you just stop working out all together and gain or what?What are your long term goals?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Yep, basically stopped for about 6 months, worked out for 2 months, stopped for another four, worked out another 2, then got injured and stopped at the same time I started a job that really contributed to keeping me out of the gym for another 6 months.

I've been doing cardio consistently for about 4 months now, but every time I'd hit the weights even medium heavy I'd really feel it in my joints for way too long, it just took some time for me to figure out how to go about all this the right way, and part of it was coming back here to AM.

Yes, I'm trying to loose a ton of fat (ok more like 1/20th of a ton).

MB

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So what are you taking again for your joints? When the trainer put me on almost all free weight high rep work it tore my joints up. The Incarnate with cissus in it has really been helping...sucks to get older:(

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Glucosamine Chondriton and MSM for now.

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Friday April 11th:

Leg Press 2x45 per side, +25/side, +25/side
Calf Raise 3x45 per side, +25/side, +15/side
Rotating Shoulder Press 20, 25, 30
Quad Extensions 90, 100, 110
Hamstring Curls 100, 110, 120
Lateral Shoulder Raise 5, 10, 12
*1-leg quad extensions (1x15): 50
*1-leg hamstring curls (1x15): 55
Dumbell Shrugs 40, 50, 60

*I added these in to help bring my left leg up to my right, due to an injury last year it got very atrophied and I just noticed it this last week.

I'm enjoying this workout, today was a bit brutal, probably because I didn't sleep well due to the weather and neighbors. The bad nasty sides of clen have subsided completely it seems, so the next week should be smooth sailing. I'm really looking forward to my day off tomorrow though!

MB

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have read before that you shouldn't work one side more than the other cause you can create strength differences.I have read that you should do one side at a time starting with your weaker/smaller side and pushing it as much as you possibly can.Then do the same reps on the other side.You can do one leg presses and obvisouly every thing else you did.Just what I have read. :)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can also do single legged squats . Those are pretty good!

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I don't really have time for the single-side isolation, and at this point I'm not building much strength at the high reps I'm doing, so I think I'll be ok. It is lagging in strength and size already, so I would like it to gain more at this point. I'll totally re-evaluate if I notice something strange.

Single-leg squats scare the crap outta me, I can't balance for $hit as it is!

MB

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL well I can't either, when my trainer has me do them its using one hand to steady myself on the cable machine:)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Ahhhh :) Well I enjoyed my off day yesterday, but I didn't make it to the gym today :( I did however make many trips up and down the stairs carrying things to my car to get rid of or donate before I move. I think I did ok :)

MB

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Monday April 14th

Incline Bench Barbell Press: 60, 75, 85
Dips - 2 sets @ 200 lbs assist: 12 reps, 10 reps
Abs: 10, 10, 10
Cardio: 30 minuets Level 8 on bike - 213 Calories

Nothing special to note, I did enjoy adding the dips into my routine.

MB

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Hey man im here, awesome progress, carrying stuff up and down is good for your tendons, sorry crader distracted me, but i have looked a few times at your log bro!!!! sorry for not commenting. Il be back... hasta la vista beasty/...baby?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
LOL, well today sucked a bunch. my girlfriend got a nasty upper respiratory infection and I've been taking care of her so I didn't get my cardio in, but I am eating a bit less than I normally would.

MB

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hope she feels better soon!! You must be one of the good guys:)