powerlifting

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.72%

powerlifting

could anyone give me a good site or book on powerlifting and like the workouts and excersices typically done by powerlifters or maybe even a routine. i would also like to know how powerlifters typically eat? if anyone can help me with that:dl:

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.27%

Quote Originally Posted by njc5044 View Post
    could anyone give me a good site or book on powerlifting and like the workouts and excersices typically done by powerlifters or maybe even a routine. i would also like to know how powerlifters typically eat? if anyone can help me with that:dl:
    Get "Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training" and go from there. There's a routine in that book that will get your strength up as well.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Well, there is Olympic Power Lifting, clean & jerk, snatch and there is Power Lifting that is actually Weight Lifting, Bench, Squat, Deads.

Olympic Power Lifting (C&J, Snatch) is primarily velocity based. Competitive Weight Lifting (bench, squat, deads) is primarily strength based. The training strategies are different and the workout routines are different, so which one are you referring to and I'll try to offer some advice.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

i don't know about how the typical powerlifter eats. but i am a powerlifter and this is how i eat (this should like you straight to the post with the diet rundown):

Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log - a little crazy fun for everyone

I would do some research on training on
    Westside BarbellŪ"Often Imitated but never duplicated"
    EliteFTS - Powerlifting and Strength Training Products and Knowledge for Lifters, Athletes, Coaches, and Trainers

Both sites also have a huge selection of books as well that you can order.

You can view sample programs and video's of lifts on my log as well.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.72%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Well, there is Olympic Power Lifting, clean & jerk, snatch and there is Power Lifting that is actually Weight Lifting, Bench, Squat, Deads.

Olympic Power Lifting (C&J, Snatch) is primarily velocity based. Competitive Weight Lifting (bench, squat, deads) is primarily strength based. The training strategies are different and the workout routines are different, so which one are you referring to and I'll try to offer some advice.
    i am more talking about competitive weight lifting
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

i am more talking about competitive weight lifting
    Then you would train at various degrees of range of motion in the bench, dead and squat. Meaning partial sqauts, half squats, full squats. Block Bench Presses. If you don't have any blocks to rest on your chest (which you need buddies for anyway) you can use the squat rack and let the parallel bars be your block. Partial Press, Half Press, Full Bench. Same idea with Deads. Do rack deads at different heights, partial, half, full.

The weight you use on a "normal" basis should be heavy enough to fail around 5 reps, and you would train in the 1-3 rep range on heavy days.
    NSCA - CSCS

Similar Forum Threads

1. Westside Barbell Powerlifting Training
    By iron addict in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 11:38 PM
  2. BB Vs. Powerlifting (Bodybuilders are lost)
    By iron addict in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 10:51 AM
  3. new to powerlifting
    By Sanosuke in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 07:30 PM
  4. Powerlifting Motivation
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 08:07 PM
  5. We need a powerlifting/bodybuilding section