RoidRage gets Revenge II

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Well, Im going to start another log. This time I'm bulking up. I had another log going "roidragex10 vs. weezyfbaby", but he hasnt been on AM for weeks. So, I will be tracking my progress here.

About ME:
Ht:5'7
wt:156lbs

Current Bests

Bench Press - 190lbs x 3 , 205lbs x 1
Squat - 265lbs x 4
Deadlift 385lbs x 3, 415lbs x 1
Miliary Press 125lbs x 4

GOALS

Weigh: 170lbs (very high and hard to reach)

bench 230lbs
squat 315lbs
deadlift 425lbs
Press 1435lbs x 5

All Goals to be met by Feb. 22nd, 2008

---------------------------------------------------------
DIET

Meal 1 5:45 AM
-3 eggs
-4 strips Turkey Bacon

Meal 2 6:45 AM
-Chicken Breast
-Bagel (around 8:00ish)

Meal 3
10:30 AM
-Protein Shake

Meal 4
12:30 PM
-2 Deli Turkey on Wheat Sandwhiches
-8oz Milk

Meal 5
3:45 PM (Post-Workout)
-8oz Chicken Breast
-Yogurt (Fast acting carbs)
-8oz Milk

Meal 6 5:00 PM
-2 cups of Wheat Pasta (light sauce, dressing, make it taste better)
-8oz Milk
(Family Dinner)

Meal 7 7:00 PM
-Tuna on Wheat

Meal 8 9:00 PM
-16oz Milk

-or low fat cheese
-or cottage cheese
-or Protein Shake w/ EVOO (unlikley)

Will update Macros..
---------------------------------------------------------
Traning

High Weight / low reps

Monday - Chest, Triceps and Abs

Wednesday - Back (light abs)

Friday - Legs and Shoulders
----------------------------------------------------------
Exericses

Chest - Flat or Incline, DB or BB Bench Press, and Dips

Triceps- Skull Crushers, CG Bench Press, and Rope Pull Downs

Back - DB or BB Rows, Deadlift, Incline DB Rows

Shoulders - Military Press, DB Press, Lateral Raises

Legs- Full, Box and Hack Squats, Leg Press, and Power Runner.

Abs- Weighed Ball exercises, incline crunches. etc.
----------------------------------------------------------
Typical Workout

Chest

Flat DB Press
# x 10 (light warmup)
# x 6 (little heavier)
# x 3 (little heaviier
# x 4-6 (heavy set)
# x 4-6 (heavy set)

Incline BB Press
# x 6-8
# x 4-6
# x 4-6

Triceps

Skull Crushers
# x 10
# x 6
# x 4-6
# x 4-6

Close Grip Flat BB Press
# x 6-8
# x 4-6

------------------------------------------------------------

Main points

~Workout under 45 minutes
~Lift with Intensity
~4 second negatives
~Stretching before, during and after workout

------------------------------------------------------------

Supplements

Fish Oil - 5g/day
MSM - 1-2gr/day
Vit. C -1-2gr/day
Multi - 1 pill/day

Creatine Monohydrate - 3-5 grams Post-workout

Other Notes

-Sleep 8 hrs a night
-Drink 1-2 gallons of water every day

** I know my last logs havent gone anywhere, so the only place I can go is up.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I will post pictures when I find the cord for the camera.:smite:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increase your fats. Your kcals from fats are way too low; you're at 12-15% and you should probably be closer to 25%. Add in some avocados to your tuna sandwich and some PB with your milk.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Increase your fats. Your kcals from fats are way too low; you're at 12-15% and you should probably be closer to 25%. Add in some avocados to your tuna sandwich and some PB with your milk.
Im allergic to PB.

With the addition of avocados..should I use 2% milk? Right now I plan on using skim milk but I have no problem switching. That would add roughly 20g of fat. And if Im eating fish which I plan on eatiing a lot of, that would add also 20g of fat.

Should I also add in 10g of BCAA's or some Leucine for anabolism?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I wish I had had your motivation at 15. Man, when I was 15, it was video games, pizza, baseball, and bothering girls. I'm impressed. Good luck with your workout, I'm rootin' for you!

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I wish I had had your motivation at 15. Man, when I was 15, it was video games, pizza, baseball, and bothering girls. I'm impressed. Good luck with your workout, I'm rootin' for you!
Well I still play video games, eat pizza once a month, play baseball 24/7 in the summer, and flirt with the girls:thumbsup:

lol, but thanks bro. Im hoping everything works out well.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im allergic to PB.

With the addition of avocados..should I use 2% milk? Right now I plan on using skim milk but I have no problem switching. That would add roughly 20g of fat. And if Im eating fish which I plan on eatiing a lot of, that would add also 20g of fat.

Should I also add in 10g of BCAA's or some Leucine for anabolism?
Yeah, add the 2% and add 5g of Leucine to your post-WO shake. Perhaps add some olive oil to your tuna; adds fat and makes it more palatable.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, add the 2% and add 5g of Leucine to your post-WO shake. Perhaps add some olive oil to your tuna; adds fat and makes it more palatable.

Alright I'll do that.

My post-workout shake will have

-5g CM
-5g Leucine
-bannana or blueberrys
-16oz 2% milk
-Olive Oil

And I will experiment with the olive oil and tuna.

Thanks for the tips.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright I'll do that.

My post-workout shake will have

-5g CM
-5g Leucine
-bannana or blueberrys
-16oz 2% milk
-Olive Oil

And I will experiment with the olive oil and tuna.

Thanks for the tips.
Don't add the OO to your post-WO shake and add in some more protein; 16g plus the Leucine is really low. Try to bump it to around 30g.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Here are the picutres..

Abs are flexed

Well, after looking at this pictures and the ones from the summer, I can tell I have lost muscle and gained body fat which makes my furious! This is just another motivator to keep dieting and lifting hard.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
At what age did you start training? I only ask because you're fairly muscular for a 15-year-old.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I picked up weights when I was 13. I did curls and extremley light bench presses. Then, last october, I started to bench and take protein shakes.

I've gained 5% more body fat since mid september. My diet was crappy and just have had too many cheat days.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I picked up weights when I was 13. I did curls and extremley light bench presses. Then, last october, I started to bench and take protein shakes.

I've gained 5% more body fat since mid september. My diet was crappy and just have had too many cheat days.
Don't worry too much about 5%. Stress will only make it harder to lose it. Thats cool you started at such a young age, I wish I had. Just stick it out, at your age you'll drop bf like a bad habit as long as you stay on top of things.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry too much about 5%. Stress will only make it harder to lose it. Thats cool you started at such a young age, I wish I had. Just stick it out, at your age you'll drop bf like a bad habit as long as you stay on top of things.
that might actually be too high. idk how much but it was some. I'm actually thinking of doing light cardio in the morning to help limit bf gain. ubi gave me that idea a while ago and I just saw it in one of my threads a while back.

Thanks for the support!

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
12-17-07

I went for an intense cardio run. I had been eating crappy for the past week and wanted to do something.

Its fun running in 30 degree weather with shorts on:head:

I felt like crap afterwards and took 5g of glutamine with some crystal light after I ran and felt pretty good.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Lookin forward to seein how this goes man, good luck!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tips from DW..........
1.)Add some protein to that 7:30 meal, I know you dont want to but a shake would be ideal here.
2.)Add 5gr creatine pre-workout
3.)Move Incline bench to 1st in your chest workout from a baseball stand point
4.) Like Rodja said bump the fat a little maybe 1tbs EVOO before bed????
5.) Flexing abs?!? Huh I didnt see any abs :think: haha bro just playing. I dont have much of any either so i have no room to talk and this is how I rationalize my belly......
"Hows that 6-pack gonna help you hit a 90mph fastball"

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Tips from DW..........
1.)Add some protein to that 7:30 meal, I know you dont want to but a shake would be ideal here.
2.)Add 5gr creatine pre-workout
3.)Move Incline bench to 1st in your chest workout from a baseball stand point
4.) Like Rodja said bump the fat a little maybe 1tbs EVOO before bed????
5.) Flexing abs?!? Huh I didnt see any abs :think: haha bro just playing. I dont have much of any either so i have no room to talk and this is how I rationalize my belly......
"Hows that 6-pack gonna help you hit a 90mph fastball"

1) I will add in a shake on WO days, but theres already 30g in that Tuna sandwhich. 30g is all the body can digest at a time. Why should I take more protein in that meal??
2)I thought anything over 10g will just get pissed away?
3)Will do!
4) The fat will be taken care off. Whats EVOO?
5) well flexing stomach. haha. yea I really dont care about a six pack as much. I want mass and strength.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1) I will add in a shake on WO days, but theres already 30g in that Tuna sandwhich. 30g is all the body can digest at a time. Why should I take more protein in that meal??
2)I thought anything over 10g will just get pissed away?
3)Will do!
4) The fat will be taken care off. Whats EVOO?
5) well flexing stomach. haha. yea I really dont care about a six pack as much. I want mass and strength.
1.) It says wheat bagel and an apple. I ment 7:30am meal. 30 gr/per meal??? Where did you read that?

2.)No way 10gr is the minimum IMO, again where'd you read that? From my personal experience my strength goes thru the roof on 15-20gr/day.

3.) :thumbsup:

4.) Good deal, Extra Virgin Olive Oil

5.) I was beeing a smart ass,lol. Mass and strength is what it's all about baby!!!!

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
1.) It says wheat bagel and an apple. I ment 7:30am meal. 30 gr/per meal??? Where did you read that?

2.)No way 10gr is the minimum IMO, again where'd you read that? From my personal experience my strength goes thru the roof on 15-20gr/day.

3.) :thumbsup:

4.) Good deal, Extra Virgin Olive Oil

5.) I was beeing a smart ass,lol. Mass and strength is what it's all about baby!!!!

1) Oh alright. Well me and my mom found a bunch of healthier food so my diet is going to to switch a little bit. More complex carbs and more protein with more healthier fats. A couple threads here on Anabolic Minds is where I saw the 30g/meal UNLESS its PWO where I eat 50g of protein.

2) Xodus was giving me some tips. I will start at 5 and see how my body reacts.

4) Gotcha. I cook my chicken in Olive Oil and will add some to my PWO shake.

Im going to be taking a Protein shake or 2 on my Workout days. Add in another 45g of Protein or so.

Sound good?

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
-I have edited my diet from my First Post.

-I have done what I can in terms of adding protein, fats, and healthier carbs at better times of the day.

-I am still debating on buying Leucine and BCAA's.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
-I have edited my diet from my First Post.

-I have done what I can in terms of adding protein, fats, and healthier carbs at better times of the day.

-I am still debating on buying Leucine and BCAA's.
I like it.

I dont really think you'll need either but I'd go with Leucine if I to pick one or the other.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I like it.

I dont really think you'll need either but I'd go with Leucine if I to pick one or the other.
Alright good. With the BMR, and calorie output, according to fitday, im eating 500 calories over matinence so I should be fine for now.

Yea I really dont want to get all worked up over supplements.
Leucine may be be great, but HOW great, ya know? Im just gonna stay with the basics and for my cut I'll most likley go with BCAA's and possibly leviathan (but I doubt it).

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
12-30-07

No workouts yet. I just finished my week off from lifting.

Won't be lifting tommorow though. My cousins from Florida are vistiing here.

DIET

3650 - Calories
93 -Fats
426 -Carbs
258 -Protein

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright good. With the BMR, and calorie output, according to fitday, im eating 500 calories over matinence so I should be fine for now.

Yea I really dont want to get all worked up over supplements.
Leucine may be be great, but HOW great, ya know? Im just gonna stay with the basics and for my cut I'll most likley go with BCAA's and possibly leviathan (but I doubt it).
Leucine is responsible for protein synthesis, plus it is very economical. A half-kilo is around $15 and that will last you for over 3 months.

ahenage

Awards
yeah what happened to that old competition log you had w weezybaby/ Glad to see the commitment. Youve got great habits for 15.

Im gonna put my two cents and tell you to try taurine before you check out the leucine.

Just been my experience but I have gotten more pumps and all around good effects from taurine than i thought i would but mainly the pumps!

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
1) Oh alright. Well me and my mom found a bunch of healthier food so my diet is going to to switch a little bit. More complex carbs and more protein with more healthier fats. A couple threads here on Anabolic Minds is where I saw the 30g/meal UNLESS its PWO where I eat 50g of protein.

2) Xodus was giving me some tips. I will start at 5 and see how my body reacts.

4) Gotcha. I cook my chicken in Olive Oil and will add some to my PWO shake.

Im going to be taking a Protein shake or 2 on my Workout days. Add in another 45g of Protein or so.

Sound good?
Regarding creatine, once 'loaded' (if you do that) you really don't need that much to maintain intramuscular levels. If you dose that high(20g+ daily), you should consider cycling it. If you keep it moderate, 3-5g ED, you can stay on it constantly. Even after supplementation cessation, intramuscular levels are still elevated and takes weeks to dissipate.

TESTOSTERONE NATION - Creatine Update, 2006

TESTOSTERONE NATION

TESTOSTERONE NATION - Creatine Fact and Fancy - The Top Seven Creatine

<snip>
The fact is, human muscle appears to have a creatine ceiling of about 5.0 grams per kilogram of muscle. Once that amount is achieved, chances are it can't be exceeded. In fact, most people have about 3.9 grams of creatine per kilogram of muscle tissue, so they can expect to experience a 30 to 40% increase with ingestion.(4)

Therefore, once you've gone through the standard loading phase (20 grams a day, in divided doses, for five or six days), your cells probably contain all the creatine they can handle. Trying to add more is like putting 10 pounds of cement in a 5-pound bag.

Those that think all or most of the creatine they swallow is sucked up, Hoover-like, by muscle cells are mistaken. For instance, in one study, creatine intake in test subjects was very high?up to 70% of a 10 gram dose was retained by the patient. After one week, however, almost all of the administered creatine could be retrieved in the urine. In another study, participants were given 6 five-gram doses per day for three days. On the first day, 40% of the 6 five-gram doses was recovered form the urine. On the second day, 61% of subsequent 5-gram doses was recovered, and on the third day, 68% was recovered.1 It's clear that less and less of the creatine was being absorbed by muscle cells and that a lot of this stuff gets flushed down the vortex of the toilet.

Obviously, there are many factors that affect individual creatine utilization, but generally, after you've reached the saturation point, you probably only need two or three grams a day to keep your cells super-saturated. Of course, if you're a big mutha'?on the order of 200 pounds or above, you might need to up that maintenance dosage to about 5 grams a day, but no more.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Leucine is responsible for protein synthesis, plus it is very economical. A half-kilo is around $15 and that will last you for over 3 months.
Alright. I'll throw in a order today.

Anything else I should add?

yeah what happened to that old competition log you had w weezybaby/ Glad to see the commitment. Youve got great habits for 15.

Im gonna put my two cents and tell you to try taurine before you check out the leucine.

Just been my experience but I have gotten more pumps and all around good effects from taurine than i thought i would but mainly the pumps!
Well he hasn't logged on in a long time..so I just ended it.

I really dont feel I need pumps over protein sysntheis. Pumps would only distract me during my workouts.

Regarding creatine, once 'loaded' (if you do that) you really don't need that much to maintain intramuscular levels. If you dose that high(20g+ daily), you should consider cycling it. If you keep it moderate, 3-5g ED, you can stay on it constantly. Even after supplementation cessation, intramuscular levels are still elevated and takes weeks to dissipate.

TESTOSTERONE NATION - Creatine Update, 2006

TESTOSTERONE NATION

TESTOSTERONE NATION - Creatine Fact and Fancy - The Top Seven Creatine

<snip>
The fact is, human muscle appears to have a creatine ceiling of about 5.0 grams per kilogram of muscle. Once that amount is achieved, chances are it can't be exceeded. In fact, most people have about 3.9 grams of creatine per kilogram of muscle tissue, so they can expect to experience a 30 to 40% increase with ingestion.(4)

Therefore, once you've gone through the standard loading phase (20 grams a day, in divided doses, for five or six days), your cells probably contain all the creatine they can handle. Trying to add more is like putting 10 pounds of cement in a 5-pound bag.

Those that think all or most of the creatine they swallow is sucked up, Hoover-like, by muscle cells are mistaken. For instance, in one study, creatine intake in test subjects was very high?up to 70% of a 10 gram dose was retained by the patient. After one week, however, almost all of the administered creatine could be retrieved in the urine. In another study, participants were given 6 five-gram doses per day for three days. On the first day, 40% of the 6 five-gram doses was recovered form the urine. On the second day, 61% of subsequent 5-gram doses was recovered, and on the third day, 68% was recovered.1 It's clear that less and less of the creatine was being absorbed by muscle cells and that a lot of this stuff gets flushed down the vortex of the toilet.

Obviously, there are many factors that affect individual creatine utilization, but generally, after you've reached the saturation point, you probably only need two or three grams a day to keep your cells super-saturated. Of course, if you're a big mutha'?on the order of 200 pounds or above, you might need to up that maintenance dosage to about 5 grams a day, but no more.
Thanks for those studies X.

Im thinking of loading 10g for maybe 5 days, then maintaining around 3-5.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
or 20gr :run:

J/k you know your body best so do what you do.

Thanks for those studies and links X. I'll get a better look at them later on 2day.
ahh so many different opinions and options.:rant:

But in the end, its all about how your body reacts to it. No "one" study will prove what is the perfect amount for anybody.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
ahh so many different opinions and options.:rant:

But in the end, its all about how your body reacts to it. No "one" study will prove what is the perfect amount for anybody.
Actually, there are lots of studies showing the same thing.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Creatine&hl=en&lr=&btnG=Search

I'm pretty sure that high dose recommendation came from EAS / Bill Phillips when they were charging like $50 for a hundred grams of creatine. Had to support the 'purple palace' you know...

Muscle creatine loading in men

E. Hultman, K. Soderlund, J. A. Timmons, G. Cederblad and P. L. Greenhaff
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University Medical School, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom.

The effect of dietary creatine and supplementation on skeletal muscle creatine accumulation and subsequent degradation and on urinary creatinine excretion was investigated in 31 male subjects who ingested creatine in different quantities over varying time periods. Muscle total creatine concentration increased by approximately 20% after 6 days of creatine supplementation at a rate of 20 g/day. This elevated concentration was maintained when supplementation was continued at a rate of 2 g/day for a further 30 days. In the absence of 2 g/day supplementation, total creatine concentration gradually declined, such that 30 days after the cessation of supplementation the concentration was no different from the presupplementation value. During this period, urinary creatinine excretion was correspondingly increased. A similar, but more gradual, 20% increase in muscle total creatine concentration was observed over a period of 28 days when supplementation was undertaken at a rate of 3 g/day. In conclusion, a rapid way to "creatine load" human skeletal muscle is to ingest 20 g of creatine for 6 days. This elevated tissue concentration can then be maintained by ingestion of 2 g/day thereafter. The ingestion of 3 g creatine/day is in the long term likely to be as effective at raising tissue levels as this higher dose.

ahenage

Awards
isnt more ingestion - on the order of 5 - 10 grams ed -necessary for people who lead more active lifestyles. ie lifting and cardio regularly, as well as play a sport and/or have an active job.

many people in this category say they feel noticeable improvements when going from 5 - 10 g per day.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
isnt more ingestion - on the order of 5 - 10 grams ed -necessary for people who lead more active lifestyles. ie lifting and cardio regularly, as well as play a sport and/or have an active job.

many people in this category say they feel noticeable improvements when going from 5 - 10 g per day.
Perhaps, but I don't know what 'noticeable' affects you would feel, other than increased endurance and the initial weight gain (water). Maybe a LARGE football player doing 2-a-days could benefit from slightly higher doses, but it takes almost 30 days for intramuscular levels to return to 'normal' after cessation. You would still have plenty in you, even after a hard workout/physical job. 2-3g should bring your levels back up to saturated.

The purported strength increases have been shown to be mostly placebo effect. It does aid in getting stronger though, as your lactate levels are lowered, so endurance is increased, and you are able to do more volume, more volume = muscle/strength.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Actually, there are lots of studies showing the same thing.

Creatine - Google Scholar

I'm pretty sure that high dose recommendation came from EAS / Bill Phillips when they were charging like $50 for a hundred grams of creatine. Had to support the 'purple palace' you know...

Muscle creatine loading in men

E. Hultman, K. Soderlund, J. A. Timmons, G. Cederblad and P. L. Greenhaff
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University Medical School, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom.

The effect of dietary creatine and supplementation on skeletal muscle creatine accumulation and subsequent degradation and on urinary creatinine excretion was investigated in 31 male subjects who ingested creatine in different quantities over varying time periods. Muscle total creatine concentration increased by approximately 20% after 6 days of creatine supplementation at a rate of 20 g/day. This elevated concentration was maintained when supplementation was continued at a rate of 2 g/day for a further 30 days. In the absence of 2 g/day supplementation, total creatine concentration gradually declined, such that 30 days after the cessation of supplementation the concentration was no different from the presupplementation value. During this period, urinary creatinine excretion was correspondingly increased. A similar, but more gradual, 20% increase in muscle total creatine concentration was observed over a period of 28 days when supplementation was undertaken at a rate of 3 g/day. In conclusion, a rapid way to "creatine load" human skeletal muscle is to ingest 20 g of creatine for 6 days. This elevated tissue concentration can then be maintained by ingestion of 2 g/day thereafter. The ingestion of 3 g creatine/day is in the long term likely to be as effective at raising tissue levels as this higher dose.
Hmm thats pretty intresting. Now were these test subjects lifting as well? Or would 3g/day be sufficent for high intensity weight traning?

Very good articles though X.

EDIT: Nevermind about the lifting question. Your previous post cleared that up.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Hmm thats pretty intresting. Now were these test subjects lifting as well? Or would 3g/day be sufficent for high intensity weight traning?

Very good articles though X.
Usually they have them do high intensity work, ie. cycling or sprinting @ 125% VO2Max. There are studies where they did leg press or leg extension exercises, but those were looking for 'strength increases' from creatine supplementation.

Creatine is an endurance supplement (similar to Beta Alanine), not a 'strength' supplement.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Usually they have them do high intensity work, ie. cycling or sprinting @ 125% VO2Max. There are studies where they did leg press or leg extension exercises, but those were looking for 'strength increases' from creatine supplementation.

Creatine is an endurance supplement (similar to Beta Alanine), not a 'strength' supplement.
Maybe creatine isnt meant for me. I try to limit my workouts to under 45 minutes MAX. I would rather have strength then endurance.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Maybe creatine isnt meant for me. I try to limit my workouts to under 45 minutes MAX. I would rather have strength then endurance.
I'm not saying its not worth it. 'Endurance' and lowered lactate levels means decreased recovery time. Less recovery time + more volume in a given workout == STRENGTH/Growth.

It is a worthwhile supplement, it is cheap insurance and has benefits, just not going to cause your bench to jump 10lbs overnight.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I'm not saying its not worth it. 'Endurance' and lowered lactate levels means decreased recovery time. Less recovery time + more volume in a given workout == STRENGTH/Growth.

It is a worthwhile supplement, it is cheap insurance and has benefits, just not going to cause your bench to jump 10lbs overnight.

Oh alright, I see what you mean.

Yea, I understand that I wont have amazing results instanley. Its the diet and traning that REALLY matter. But creatine will help boost your progress.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
12-31-07

Diet was sub-par due to me cousins invading my kitchen and eating lots of food which sucked. It's odd having other people cook in YOUR kitchen.

I did some benching not as a WO, but just to see what I could do.

160lbs x 5
185lbs x 5

Im suprised that after 2 weeks of rest, I could still put up 185

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Loading up on Creatine

Im going to start my creatine cycle tommorow. 15g/day for 6 days at 5 g/dose 3 times daily.

Im gonna hit Back and Soulders tommorow:head:

ahenage

Awards
why back and shoulders same day - thats two primary muscle groups.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
why back and shoulders same day - thats two primary muscle groups.
Yup I know.

It's just how my schedule works out for me. I work all my body parts except biceps 3 times a week.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Im bumping my diet to 4,000 kcals per day.

I forgot to add in my can of tuna.

I may take out pasta,but I dont want to short-change my gains so Im eating tons of food until March.

My offical start date is 1-7-07 for this bulk.

Im getting my body used to weights again after taking a 2 week break.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Im bumping my diet to 4,000 kcals per day.

I forgot to add in my can of tuna.

I may take out pasta,but I dont want to short-change my gains so Im eating tons of food until March.

My offical start date is 1-7-07 for this bulk.

Im getting my body used to weights again after taking a 2 week break.

Looking back through your diet, I would make one change.

In M5 (post workout shake) I would take the EVOO out of that. It will blunt the insulin spike that you are looking for in regards to rapid protein uptake.

If anything, guzzle some at night straight or replace the 'milk only' with another shake and add it to that, prior to bed to slow down digestion overnight.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Looking back through your diet, I would make one change.

In M5 (post workout shake) I would take the EVOO out of that. It will blunt the insulin spike that you are looking for in regards to rapid protein uptake.

If anything, guzzle some at night straight or replace the 'milk only' with another shake and add it to that, prior to bed to slow down digestion overnight.
good point i'll take that out. should I buy some cassein protein? Or will plain old whey be ok?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
good point i'll take that out. should I buy some cassein protein? Or will plain old whey be ok?
Whey + EVOO is ok. FF Cottage Cheese w/ PB is good too.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Whey + EVOO is ok. FF Cottage Cheese w/ PB is good too.
I will try the EVOO + whey tonight.

Im not a fan of CC, but I will give it another go sometime soon hopefully.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I will try the EVOO + whey tonight.

Im not a fan of CC, but I will give it another go sometime soon hopefully.
The Fat Free isn't too bad, just expensive. After eating that all the time, I hate the taste of 'regular' CC. Way too salty!