SS's Workout Log

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Training and dieting is no longer my life. Far from it for the past 6 weeks or so since meeting my new girlfriend. I still train consistently, where consistent is now anywhere from 3-5 days/week whereas it was 5 days/week just about every week before.

Quick recap of my training history:

I'm 6'0". Trained consistently from 15 or 16 to 22, got to 225 <10% BF.

Fell off the track, and training was sporadic at best for 2 years or so, diet was the see-food diet.

Been back in the gym consistently since Jan. 1st (actually 2nd, was quite hungover on the first :sick:), never looked back.

Started the year around 200, I'd have to guess about 15% BF or so. :blink:

Dirty bulked all the way up to 265 20% BF or more in about June, then started cutting...

Down to ~235 maybe 13% right now (conservative BF% estimate, def not higher, maybe lower.)

Lifts, starting in Jan.--------->Now:

Bench: 185X5--------->275X5
Squat: 185X10--------->275X12
DL: (not really sure cause I didn't DL for a couple months in the beginning there so I'll guess :think:) 365X6------->405X12+ or 455X5+ or 500X1+. The "+'s" mean that I could def. pull more now, just haven't pulled heavy in weeks.
Standing BB press: ???-------->185X10
BW pullups:???------->X9 (wide overhand @235lbs just today) or X 11 (shoulder width overhand @ 250 lbs a few weeks ago)

I'd like to keep this on topic (for the most part, within reasonable limits). I do not wanna talk about gear in this thread. It'll be a life log as much as just a training log. :cheers:

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Back

Had a really rough weekend. I was completely stressed out, and I don't really know what is happening with something that is very important to me. I felt like complete sh1t when I woke up, I helped my Dad out with a few things...decided that I wanted to get really drunk today and feel sorry for myself...had 2 beers....fell asleep for about 45min. while watching the Eagles game (those motherfcukers :smite:), woke up and somehow pulled my head out of my ass and decided to get my head together and go to the gym.

I haven't trained with headphones and angry music glaring in my ears in years. Searched for my CD player (yes I don't own an iPod or MP3 player :frustrate), found it and my S.O.A.D CD and was on my way...God how I missed that crazy fcuking nutcase state that SOAD or Slipknot will put you into at the gym . You know the one.....where you pace, and breathe hard, and don't quite make eye contact with anyone cause you don't want scare anybody sh1tless... :twisted:

Sets were with less rest than I'm used to, due to the music...

BW wide pullups X 9
Pulldowns 250 X 6 solid
DB rows: R-->130X9+2+1 (12, 1 sec. pause to regrip before the +'s) L--->130X7+2+1+1+1
H.S. rows 3plates +10lbs each side X 4+2(30sec RP)
Wide cable pullovers: Heavy X 6
H.S. rows: 30lbs less each side X 6 + 2 (RP)
Wide Cable pullovers: minus 20 lbs X 6
Wide parallel pulldowns: 200X6; 150X 10
Close parallel pulldowns: 150X6

Went to the locker room for some :bb3: :bb2: :bb:'ing. This sh1t really did me right. I've been feeling bloated for the past couple days...eating bad....drinking....Plus with everything that's going on I've been a little down on myself. The workout/the SOAD/the flexing:bb3: really did wonders for my head! :thumbsup:

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
looks good, ss!

its long journey! jsut need to keep getting back on the wagon when we fall off!

gonna start my own! :thumbsup:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
showing you the love......crybaby :lol:

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Good to see an attempt at a clean log. :) I'll follow this one, especially if it stays on track.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Good to see an attempt at a clean log. :) I'll follow this one, especially if it stays on track.
Hey what's up Captain Awesome! :cheers: How come you look like 10X more ripped in your current avy than the last one? :think:

Nice work brotha! :bb2:

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I will echo Ubi.

Awesome to see an attempt at a REAL log...maybe the cycle info inhabitants won't find this.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You were lookin pretty lean on saturday bud...but you missed a fun end of the day/night...

I'll follow along and give you some of my expertise...good luck brohem...

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Chest

I always hit chest after a rest day, and I really prefer not to do it the day after a back workout if possible, but not today. Was mad rushed. Got done school early and thought I could go home, supp up:run:, and hit up a nice and steady 1.5 hour or so workout before work. On the way home from school, something came up :rolleyes:...so I ended up arriving at the gym w/ 50 minutes from warmup time to work time. Not completely ideal...

Flat BB: 275 X 4+1+1. <----I got 5 of these on my own last week. I started the set with no spotter, someone runs over at about rep 3. Rep 5 was DEFINITELY:aargh: going up under my own power slow but steady, but he def. helped me with it anyway. I hate over-zealous spotters:smite:. So anyway, after that sh1t, I figured why not force a 6th, which pretty much felt like ~50% me. :rant:

Incline BB: 225 X 6, no spotter. Down from 8 last week. That 10+ sec. forced rep will do it every time.

Hit up at least 10 more sets of random chest exercises with random amounts of weight. At least 3 sets of standing EZ bar curls too. Workout was kinda hectic to say the least.

Did some more :bb3:'ing in the locker room. This will be a staple from now on. Who fcuking cares if somebody walks in right? :twisted:

My fcuking midsection is still bloated, though I still have 4 distinct abs when flexed. Just no abdominal vascularity anymore, which I had for a week. I feel like :donut: a lot lately, though I'm 99% sure its all in my head. :fool2:

Still having some issues w/ things in my life, though I feel like I'm handling the stress much better than at other times in my life and even more recently. Staying busy mostly. Started class today, start another one tomorrow, and 2 more Friday. And I have Drill this weekend for the first time in months, then gonna head over to the Linc for some good old Eagles ass woopin/redemption with my boy PI Monday night! :drunk:

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
:wtf: a clean log!!!!!!.....................ok..................i guess i'll try :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Lol enjoy the locker room flexing
Trust me I do. More than you know! :thumbsup: :bb2: :bb: :bb3::bb3::bb3:

It's a real small locker room, that's partitioned into 2 smaller rooms. The part w/ the lockers only is where it takes place, and it just so happens that the lighting is perfect and there is usually not anybody in there.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
hmm you will have to get pics in here of that
See I'd like to, cause there's nothing like having and posting a few pumped/flexed pics to feel good about myself.... but on the off chance that somebody walked in on me and somebody taking pics in the locker room, I'd feel like a real fag. :eek:

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift Day

455 X 7 no straps, no chalk:dl: Pto the motherfcuking R:aargh: (by 2 reps @ the same weight)

Will fill in the rest later....gotta :run:.........:thumbsup:

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
455 X 7 no straps, no chalk:dl: Pto the motherfcuking R:aargh: (by 2 reps @ the same weight)

Will fill in the rest later....gotta :run:.........:thumbsup:
WOW! I wanna be like SS when i grow up! :djparty:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I get a text message this morning "I'm a f-cking beast!"

I gotta say, I agree.

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
glad to see you over in this section with a serious log. nice deadlifting.:cheers:

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
glad to see you over in this section with a serious log. nice deadlifting.:cheers:
Hey bro. I was actually just thinking about you in a non homo kinda way. I've been DL'ing barefoot, and making sure I keep my feet shoulder width apart with my hands just outside of my legs, bar basically touching my shins, and focusing more on hip thrust, etc. ever since I had the conversation with you a while ago. I've even cut back heavy max effort sets from once a week religiously to once every couple weeks or once a month.

The whole lift now feels much better. I don't know if my form is exactly perfect if I videotaped it from the side, but it feels much more explosive and clean....if that makes sense.:think:

Thanks for your help man!:cheers:

Other than that....today started out great:D.....and ended up real sh1tty.:sad:

Nothing I really wanna get into, I'm trying to keep details of my personal life out of here as much as possible :ntome:.....just in case anybody happens to stumble across it and is like "Hey that sounds real familiar, I know that guy". Did I mention that I think a bit of paranoia has set in? :blink: :fool2:

Whole workout was:

DL 455X7; 405X9

followed by at least 10 minutes of disorientation...

Then 3 max effort or beyond failure sets of abs.

One set of DB shrugs that I really had no motivation at all to do, which was 130s X 6, and it really hurt my neck.

And that's pretty much it.

I might start a new thread here in a little in a different section of the board, depending on whether I can fall asleep tonight or not......I'm thinking I will end up starting it and I won't sleep......so keep an eye out.:type:

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout log SS! Damn impressive deads my friend. Great lifts all around:clean:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Be careful with the beyond failure ab sets...that could have been a factor in stretching out your neck prior to the shrugs...

I like to steer clear of beyond failure in certain exercises, especially ones like crunches/sit-ups/etc. because of the tendancey of hurting your neck, lower back or groin.

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier last night but I had a 'friend' over...my apologies.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
rediculous deads man..

I am nearing 405x5, slowly but surely gonna catch you..

again, sick lift...keep it up skinny

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
can we make this a copmare and contrast DL thread?

Yesterday I pulled:

225x8(warmup # 1)
315x8(warmup # 2)
405x8
495x4
455x3...no rest in between the last two sets, just stripping the bar.

:D

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established

Yesterday I pulled:

225x8(warmup # 1)
315x8(warmup # 2)
405x8
495x4

do i get to play:whip:

SS. Yes those were the changes you needed to have the focus on in improving your technique. I'm glad your getting a payoff for your work!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
sensei-booki...you are not allowed, I'm sorry.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established

Yesterday I pulled:

225x8(warmup # 1)
315x8(warmup # 2)
405x8
495x4

Good sh1t man. If you read Chad's log at all, he just pulled 495X3 a few days ago. :nutkick:

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders

Was not planning on working out today at all. Decided that I needed a personal day...meaning hang out with friends and chill the fcuk out, try not to stress about anything...

4th Day in a Row: Back-->Chest/bis--->DL/abs--->Shoulders/tris:eek:

Standing BB press: 205 X 7; 185 X 6

Lying sideways on incline bench DB lateral raises: 50X10; 35X15(R), 50X8;35X14 (L) Strength wasn't near where it usually is for these today.

1 Arm cable pressdowns: 120X9 each arm

Standing BB press: 155X7;135X6

Standing cable side laterals: 1st plate (like 24 or something) X 15 each arm.

Hammer Strength Decline press, as close of a grip as possible, elbows tucked, focus on tri's only (as much as i could): 2 plates each side X 14; X 9

Skull Crushers: EZ Bar + 35 each side X 6, CG to 10.

CG bench press: 95X10, 2 sets. Very explosive con, Very slow ecc.

Locker Room Flexing: :bb3: X 45 sec. hold, :eek: Mucho vascularity in traps, upper chest, delts, arms. Striations, etc.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
nah, i haven't been in chad's for a while now...

nice lifts though...

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
I've eaten like complete **** for the past week, with the past three days being worse. Today was by far the worst. :donut: Bloated as all fcuk. :sad:

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually thinking of squatting today. Would be 5 days in a row. Back--Chest--Deads/abs---Shoulders---Quads/Calves. :twisted:

Maybe throw some cardio in there too! :bruce3: Get rid of some of this bloat.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hope you feel happier soon. You'll knock the bloat off soon. Great lifts by the way.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Hope you feel happier soon. You'll knock the bloat off soon. Great lifts by the way.
Things took a turn for the better today. Life hits you in waves I guess, and its all about how you ride them. I feel like I don't have a care in the world right now...though I know I need to really focus and get into a new routine with school and work and all. Got a busy Fri/Sat/Sun coming up. Should be all good though.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Legs/Cardio

5th Day in a row training. :twisted: I just can't keep myself away from the gym...:eek:

Squat: 275X14 (+2 Rep PB(personal best since my hiatus, 2 reps off from my PR from over 2 years ago now)

Leg Extension: RACK (255) X 15; X 10

Lying Leg Curl: 160 X 9 (on a really tough machine, most of them I can rack for 15+, not this one)

40 min. on the elliptocycle, HR=160-180+ the entire time.

I was thinking:think:... Maybe its not such a good idea for me to be training with SOAD or Slipknot blasting in my ears right now. There's no doubt that while I'm training w/ this music that I'm a complete nut. I've been having problems for the past couple days dealing with stress, anxiety, anger, even paranoia. And come to think, its the same exact time that I reintroduced the crazy angry music into my training. I've had some disgustingly SICK workouts since, but have also been an utter nutcase since too.

What to do? :blink:

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Dam super sounds like you just need to unwind a bit. Try some yoga, tai chi, or go fishing or something. Or push the envelope the other way go whitewater rafting bungy jumping.
There is nothing like a near death experience to clear your mind and put ever thing in to perspective.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
5th Day in a row training. :twisted: I just can't keep myself away from the gym...:eek:

Squat: 275X14 (+2 Rep PB(personal best since my hiatus, 2 reps off from my PR from over 2 years ago now)

Leg Extension: RACK (255) X 15; X 10

Lying Leg Curl: 160 X 9 (on a really tough machine, most of them I can rack for 15+, not this one)

40 min. on the elliptocycle, HR=160-180+ the entire time.

I was thinking:think:... Maybe its not such a good idea for me to be training with SOAD or Slipknot blasting in my ears right now. There's no doubt that while I'm training w/ this music that I'm a complete nut. I've been having problems for the past couple days dealing with stress, anxiety, anger, even paranoia. And come to think, its the same exact time that I reintroduced the crazy angry music into my training. I've had some disgustingly SICK workouts since, but have also been an utter nutcase since too.

What to do? :blink:
Slipknot and SOAD are the SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :head: :head: :head: :head: :head:

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Off day today (finally). Tomorrow and Sunday will almost surely be off too. Got a long and busy weekend ahead...

Shaved my chest/stomach for the first time in a week. Went tanning too. Not as bloated as I originally thought...:bb3: