Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log - a little crazy fun for everyone

Page 20 of 53 First ... 15181920212225 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    My last lifts will be Thursday and Friday over a week prior to the meet. Those will just be my opening lifts as well so not to taxing. I also cut out a lot of the extra excercises leading up to the meet. But no training the week of the meet.
    nice
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I know a number of shirted benchers and it seems they like at least 4-6 weeks to break in their shirts. It sounds like yours is loose enough that it's ready to go though. Nice work, especially for a first workout in this shirt.
  3. Registered User

Hurting today. didn't sleep much last night and nothing so far has done anything (which i usually receive near immediate relief from the band traction), so i resorted to motrin and muscle relaxers today.
    1010 Squat @ 220 (#1 ranking in world) 801 Dead @ 198 (#1 ranking in world)
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM
    •   

4. Registered User

To whomever it is that is flaming me on You Tube and accusing me of not knowing how to lift and calling me fat.

On not knowing how to lift, I do. I am a competitive lifter that is rarely called out for not performing a lift to strict standards. When I do partial lifts I make no bones about it and donít even attempt to call it a full liftÖIím doing partials that day. If you donít understand what Iím doing you need to do some serious research.

On being fat. Iím glad you feel you can judge my BF in videos where only my calves and forearms are visible. Iím assuming your making the judgment on the large size of my stomach. What you do not know, and what I donít discuss often is that I have a disfigurement I will never be able to be rid of. Due to malnutrition as a homeless child my ribcage is distorted and points out at 90deg to my body and my stomach is distended. Luckily that is all. Unlike my 3 younger sisters who I ended up taking over custody and raising; who as adults are all under 5í and 100lbs in BW due to FAS.

I donít appreciate your ignorant and unneeded personal attacks. I am only posting online to keep myself motivated and to inspire others to see what an average person can achieve with training hard, eating right, and OTC supplements.
    Amazin Ragin
  5. Registered User

Why can't people follow simple directions? He was all up on the bar, he didn't touch it but damn. Good luck with the meet, hope everything heals up and you feel good come meet time.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.

Awesome lifts bro, Inspiring....It kinda makes me want to get into powerlifting but my joints would never accept that
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigKrabbe View Post
    Awesome lifts bro, Inspiring....It kinda makes me want to get into powerlifting but my joints would never accept that
    Thank you.

If its for you, do it. Don't let simple thoughts like that become excuses from holding you back from achieving excellence. If something is a concern do some research to see if its valid and see what steps can be taken to overcome it. Accidents aside, with proper technique, diet, and supplementation, joint concerns should not be a worry.

Most often what holds us back from flying to the highest heights is a shackle we've unknowingly placed around our own ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Why can't people follow simple directions? He was all up on the bar, he didn't touch it but damn. Good luck with the meet, hope everything heals up and you feel good come meet time.
    Feeling better already. Think i was just real stiff upon waking yesterday. Done a little bit of band traction yesterday and today and it feels like i've got most of the muscle issues worked out. At this point I should just need a little adjustment tomorrow. Feels like this is how it likely happened as I was a little out of adjustment and then did an improper warmup before a heavy workout.

If all goes well i'll be training tomorrow night, but more than likely hold off till Tuesday. Want to get a little speed pulling in and some moderate rack work to perfect my grip/lockout.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.

You know what bro? Your absolutely right, I just cut that ****in' shackle off my leg
  9. Registered User

still sore this morning but took a long lunch and went to my Active Release Therapist. He worked on my traps and neck for almost an hour and also did a little adjustment.

He told me to take a few days to recoup from the muscle trauma......

BW upon waking 247.8

so a couple hours later...
    extensive warmup of shoulders, traps, and neck with bands

Sumo Deadlift - speed work on technique
    45x12x12
    135x6x6x6
    225x3x3
    315x3x3
    405x3
    495x1x1x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x1x1x 1
    about 10 seconds rest between the singles and 60 seconds between the doubles... weight changed to 505 somewhere in middle when i changed collars. Didn't mean to do so many just got carried away experiminting with minute changes to technique. Got my feet and hand placement nailed down, starting close to the bar, bringing some tension into the bar before breaking the weight. Didn't quit get it nailed down with how i do my setup when i'm in the suit (didn't wear today but did the same form/setup on last 3-4 sets) as i'm ending up with my shoulders to far over the top of the bar. Hit a few when i really leaned back off the start but it took some focus.

Sumo Stiff Leg Rack Pulls
    435x3
    525x3
    615x3
    705x1
    Used crappy oly bar to make it hard on grip and could not hold last set at lock.

Superset next two excercises

Glute-Ham Raise
    BWx12
    BW+#3 band x10x10x10x8

Wide Grip Pulldowns - To front and leaning back
    140+2bands x10
    140+3bands x10x10x10x10
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigKrabbe View Post
    You know what bro? Your absolutely right, I just cut that ****in' shackle off my leg
    there you go! but really learn what you need to do an what good technique is as very few do, and your likely not to find them in a commercial gym.

Be smart and push yourself hard.:dl:
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.

I think its sad that no one does a lot of power movements anymore. I have always done cleans, power cleans, and most importantly deads. I always strive to use perfect form with all of them, ha I see some guys trying to pick up 400 lbs with their backs humped over like quasimoto!
  12. Registered User

BW upon waking 246.8

Played around with the rack height (per Tommy's suggestion) for the first time with my new bench setup. Found i could raise the pins by 3" which helped with my starting position as well since this allowed my elbows to lock quickly.

Speed Bench
    45x6x6x6
    135x6x6
    225x3x3x3x3x3x3
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    the movement at lockout is the bar bouncing off the uprights as i was hammering up and back so quickly....at least thats what it felt like.

Supra Pressdowns
    95+2bands x12
    105+2bands x10x10x10

Hammer Curls - simultaneous
    40x12x12x12x12

Overhead band pull aparts
    #2 x16x16x16x16
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  13. Registered User

damn i seem to be sabatoging myself

BW upon waking 248.4

Squat
    55x6x6
    155x6
    205x3
    265x3
    355x3
    445x3 briefs on
    535x2
    625x2 suit on
    715x1 lever on belt broke
    785x1
    pulled that ab muscle that has been sore the last 3 weeks. Right as i went to go up it went. Still completed the lift fine but damn. Was also about 1" high...which should be fine since i plan on opening with 805.

icing now. hope this week of rest does the trick for it. probably will skip benching tomorrow.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Damn, that sucks Buki. The competition is in two weekends right? It should be ready to go by then.
  15. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Damn, that sucks Buki. The competition is in two weekends right? It should be ready to go by then.
    next weekend.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

I have been trying to bring up my rear delts. I do reverse flies and have been trying to do facepulls as well.

I think I am doing facepulls wrong. I've seen multiple variations on how to do it and I've tried both the rope and hooking up (2) handles and haven't gotten the feel. I've been doing it on a lat pull down, but have been thinking about trying it on a regular horizontal back row machine as well.

I think a lot of it might be the positioning of my elbows. Do I keep my elbows locked in at 90 degrees and pull in, or do I drop my elbows even lower than that and pull in ?
  17. Registered User

lean back.

As your pulling your elbows should be moving up and out so that when you finish the rope is in front of your eye's.

at the top of the motion your elbows should be sticking stright out to the side and your forearms will be above that with wrists beside face. Imagine a double bicep pose except your pulling back. If you do that right now with no weight you should feel it in your rear delts then you pull back.

This is how i do them.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

I've been doing them like this where my elbows point out to the side instead of straight down. Is this animation wrong ? I do this except it is higher towards my head, but my elbows shoot out to the side like in this animation.

http://www.fitnessgenerator.com/imag.../FacePulls.gif
  19. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I've been doing them like this where my elbows point out to the side instead of straight down. Is this animation wrong ? I do this except it is higher towards my head, but my elbows shoot out to the side like in this animation.

http://www.fitnessgenerator.com/imag.../FacePulls.gif
    try pulling it to your face and not your chest as shown there.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  20. Registered User

Didnít Bench on Friday. Also got out of work late so I had to cancel my ART appointment to look at my stomach.

My ART therapist came let me schedule and appointment to work with him Saturday morning. I have damage to some of my abdominals, obloquies, and diaphragm all on my left side. Iím guessing I initially strained one during the lift and then the others compensated to complete the lift.

Like I said I had been sore on the left side for several weeks. Then the lever broke on my belt on the 715 squat, and then my 785 squat had to be done with a belt that to large (even on the last hole). This is what probably led to it finally degrading to the pulled muscle and more extensive problems.

Iím feeling pretty good now but will be going to Therapist on Monday and Wednesday. If Iím not close to 100% by Wed I will compete in Bench onlyÖmaybe Deadlift as well. Right now Iím confidant in my recover, and hopeful and I will do the full meet.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

just said a prayer for you. Hope all works out well.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  22. ktw

I saw on the other forum that you're selling quite a bit of gear. I'm hoping you are getting some tighter fitting gear and not quitting pl ing.
  23. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ktw View Post
    I saw on the other forum that you're selling quite a bit of gear. I'm hoping you are getting some tighter fitting gear and not quitting pl ing.
    i'm supposed to be wearing like a 48 while currently wearing a 54. my gear is super loose. Plus i'm dropping to 220's.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  24. Registered User

Well before I do the write up lets summarize and say it was a good meet although I had a LOT MORE in me. I made some miscalculations and I’m happy to be walking away from the meet.

* Totaled 2150 which blew away the long standing APA 242 Drug Tested World Record total by 130lbs

* Best Lifter of Meet by formula

* Personal Record in Bench by 20lbs and Deadlift by 5lbs, and the squat would have been 50lbs if I was ľ” lower according to judges(???)

On to the good stuff.

This meet was very challenging for me. I did not have as much weight to cut (although I did it perfectly weighing in at 241.5 for the 3rd time straight) as the last time so I did not put a solid effort into the recomp. Couldn’t stay hydrated and was cramping and ended up throwing up before the deadlift. The meet went till 6pm and besides a light breakfast all I relied on during the day was a pbj, amino’s, and fruit. Couldn’t get much down at breakfast. I was definetly running on gas at the end of the meet.

SQUAT
    This was the most challenging event for most at this meet as the judging was super strict. Only the raw lifters were able to get 3 whites by being able to get as deep as they were asking. Most squatters only got one lift in and I think one of the judges handed out less than 5 white lights out of the 30+lifts in my flight. It was crazy. Anyway they told me I was ľ” high, although a well respected judge in the audience told me there was no doubt about my lift, along with a lot of footage from some different angles that showed the same. They did pass several lifts that were higher than mine (including someone else that did 855) but mine was for a record attempt so I can’t blame them. I should have just stuffed it knowing they would be extra critical on mine. I knew what was going on and I didn’t sink it deep enough so I take responsibility for missing.

805 good
    855 easy but miss

Bench
    575 ugly but easy (did bench with bar not centered)
    635 dropped on face. Shirt was to jacked for weight and rolled wrist trying to touch but rolled way to far. I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever do that again. My elbow is tweaked something fierce as well.
    650 (might have been 655). Yes I came back and hit it!

A little puking before warmups as well as nearly passing out when I tried to pull some reps with 1+2 plates on bar. Stuck to singles after that.

Deadlift
    640…uhhh speed pull maybe LOL
    695 caught hand on suit and bar ripped me up something fierce when I lost it. Was bleeding all over the place.
    695 taped up and a nice easy pull that felt like an opener

2300 is on the way.
    [youtube]gtNW7pp77lY[/youtube]

I really want to thank my sponsor USP Labs and also the support of GetDiesel in supplying me with product to sustain the level of training I do.

I was 10lbs away from breaking the NonTested Division record (and easily had the strength to do so.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  25. Registered User

Active Release Therapy last night.

Left elbow has been hurting ever since that dumped bench. And yes it was hurting during that 650 press. Anyway had the forearms flexors and extensors worked on as I thought that is where the pain was coming from. From dropping the bar off the back of my wrist overstretching the foreams. Also hit the tricep on that side as well. No elbow pain today.

Also had the intercostals worked on as they were sore as hell. It hurt everytime I went to turn a wrench when I was pulling and engine Sunday. That is feeling good as well.

Had my pinky finger on my left hand. This is the one I crushed about 6-8 weeks ago when I fell over backwards and it got caught between the bar and the rack. I still canít close it all the way and it still hurts to touch. I noticed yesterday that the knuckle was swollen up looking like something was projected from it. Its not broken and he thinks the tendon is just tore up real bad and swollen, but not sure. Did some work on it. If it doesnít get better I will go to hand specialist. He said I may have broken or chipped something in the knuckle as well.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Wow. Ever think of competing in a natural bodybuilding show?(like IFpa/oco) Most powerlifters that do cut and go into bodybuilding shows destroy most bodybuilders due to the dense muscle(the only way to get that dense look is by lifting heavy)

Great strength man.

Dante Trudel (Dc inventor) recommends to not do under/over because he was rack deading 765 and felt a twinge in his bicep. This grip is best for me to hopld onto the bar(under/over for deads) Ive never felt it , and Ive never done over a 500 lbs Deadlift. I do everything overhand now. what is your take on this?
  27. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Wow. Ever think of competing in a natural bodybuilding show?(like IFpa/oco) Most powerlifters that do cut and go into bodybuilding shows destroy most bodybuilders due to the dense muscle(the only way to get that dense look is by lifting heavy)

Great strength man.

Dante Trudel (Dc inventor) recommends to not do under/over because he was rack deading 765 and felt a twinge in his bicep. This grip is best for me to hopld onto the bar(under/over for deads) Ive never felt it , and Ive never done over a 500 lbs Deadlift. I do everything overhand now. what is your take on this?
    Never do over under with straps. Everything overhand unless you are doing heavy work (such as deadlifts) without straps. You can't hold onto a heavy deadlift with overhand only so you have to go over under. But NEVER do it with straps. over - under has its place for heavy pulls in comps due to no allowance for straps but otherwise do overhand. If i'm doing rack work or deadlifting for reps I use straps and overhand grip.

we will see about a show. I don't have much definition due to my training style. But i'm not ruling out the chance.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  28. Registered User

Brought the Sled to work yesterday. Figured I would start doing my active recovery and sled work during my lunch break to save time.

And also as a bigger point to try and convince some of my out of shape and unhealthy coworkers/employees to join. I had one person join the first day and a second person that committed to joining the next session after watching. I think Iíll do this for a week then post some info up on the company webpage about it to see who else I can pull in.

Probably my lightest sled pulling session ever but its been a few months since Iíve done any.

115lbs x 10min (6min forward 4min backward)
    5min rest in the middle (we were doing 5min sessions and handing off)

If we get a bunch of people interested I will have to add some sleds.

As a side note Iím coming down with something. Hope Iím better by Monday when I resume my training.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  29. ktw

i'm supposed to be wearing like a 48 while currently wearing a 54. my gear is super loose. Plus i'm dropping to 220's.
    48 briefs or suit? Cuz I wear a 48 double ply Viking and that's not too loose on me and you seem a lot thicker than I am. Why the weight class move?

Oh, and good job on the meet by the way. Sucks about the squat judging but for learning that shirt that close to the meet and hitting a deadlift pr stuff still seemed to go well.
  30. Registered User

48 briefs or suit? Cuz I wear a 48 double ply Viking and that's not too loose on me and you seem a lot thicker than I am. Why the weight class move?

Oh, and good job on the meet by the way. Sucks about the squat judging but for learning that shirt that close to the meet and hitting a deadlift pr stuff still seemed to go well.
    i want to be leaner, so i may as well loose enough to put me in range of the 220's (228-230). I also feel i can hit 2300+ at the 220's.

as for the sizing my Pelvis is 43" and with the new metal sizing charts that is what it shows. Sizing is a little different for ace's (+6) than the other suits (+4)
    http://www.elitefts.com/size-chart.htm

I think i'm going to go with Ace Briefs this time and a Viking Suit. Who knows...maybe i'll go Ace suite and preds??
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  31. Registered User

Ever consider the AD diet for losing that weight?
  32. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Ever consider the AD diet for losing that weight?
    i'm doing a seperate log on my diet. my plans are here.
    Is that Powerlifting getting Ripped!? Ė My death by Details Recreate Log
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  33. Registered User

First day back training and i'm excited! Body Weight is down significantly which isn't a good thing as i have not been trying until today and diet was crap this last week.

Got a bunch of gear for sale if anyone is interested.

54 Metal King Pro Deadlifter (never been used) $180 new asking $125
    54 Metal Ace Pro Squatter (bought in August and used in 3 meets) $290 new asking $175 SOLD
    52 Katana (bought in August and used in 2 meets, sleeves shortened 1.5Ē) $150 new asking $75
    52 Rage X (used a lot, with runs, but still holds up to 600+ benches, sleeves shortened by 1.5Ē) $135 new asking $50
    Phenom double ply closed back w/ Velco would make a nice open back if the top of the shirt was snipped. No size on shirt. I can take measurements of shirt if you need. I wore as a 220lb lifter. $200 new asking $100
    Phenom single ply closed back Size 57 but I believe they changed the sizing charts. I wore as a 198 and 220 lifter (Its has not been used hardly at all but this was purchased when they first came out and doesnít even have the Phenom logo on the front.) $145 new asking $50

I may have some more stuff to add to this later.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Got a 13mm lever belt from inzer the one that comes with lifetime warranty?
  35. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Got a 13mm lever belt from inzer the one that comes with lifetime warranty?
    I do i'm not letting it go.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  36. ktw

Just advice, if I were you I would not go from an ACE suit to a Viking. The material is far superior on the ACE and isn't that what you were using already? We have guys that have used both and although the Viking has great stopping power, the ACE does too and has even better rebound and support. You're definitely strong enough for the ACE brief and ACE suit combo so why not go for that? Ever thought about canvas? You squat very upright and a canvas suit seems like it would compliment your squatting style the best. I've never seen anyone go wrong with an ACE/Leviathan or ACE/Ginny combo. After the Viking suit is done I think I'm going with a Pro/Ginny combo since I am getting about 120 out of my Pro briefs alone at the moment and squat very slow.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I do i'm not letting it go.
    Its the best Ive heard
  38. Registered User

Just advice, if I were you I would not go from an ACE suit to a Viking. The material is far superior on the ACE and isn't that what you were using already? We have guys that have used both and although the Viking has great stopping power, the ACE does too and has even better rebound and support. You're definitely strong enough for the ACE brief and ACE suit combo so why not go for that? Ever thought about canvas? You squat very upright and a canvas suit seems like it would compliment your squatting style the best. I've never seen anyone go wrong with an ACE/Leviathan or ACE/Ginny combo. After the Viking suit is done I think I'm going with a Pro/Ginny combo since I am getting about 120 out of my Pro briefs alone at the moment and squat very slow.
    i'll give it some thought. i just used the money from selling my 54 ace to buy a used 48 ace the next day. I'll try that. thinking of trying some pred breifs with it as well. I've thought about the canvas a lot lately. i'll have to figure out a direction soon. kind of like the ace/leviathan combo you mentioned.
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  39. Registered User

crappy first day back. something is definetly tweaked in my left pec or intercostals so i took it easy. icing it now. Think i must have tweaked it while deadlifting at the meet.

Bench
    45x6x6
    145x5
    195x5
    235x5
    325x5
    375x5

3 board press
    385x3 (160 in bands)
    485xmiss (270 in bands)

Supra Pressdowns
    75+2bands x12
    85+2bbands x12
    100+2bands x12x12x12

Front Raises
    #1 band x12x12x12x12
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  40. ktw

Cool, can't wait to see what you hit at 220. Just food for thought, plenty of Inzer sponsored athletes (EX: the Big Iron crew) use the Ace/Leviathan combo even though they could get predators for free from Inzer. It seems like people either love them or hate them. It seems a lot its also matter of personal preference because at the level you're at right now the difference would be based on more of what type of affect you want from the brief that suits your style and I can't imagine there being a huge difference in total.

I remember you saying once you take in a lot of protein daily from BCAA's, are you still doing that and how did it or does it work? I found I can eat a hell of a lot more if the meat portion of my meal is smaller so I'm thinking of going that route.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 12:52 PM
  2. 8 Weeks Out Video Prep Log
    By Beast in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 11:35 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 06:47 AM
  4. A little Political joke for yah!
    By tommy36p in forum Politics