Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log - a little crazy fun for everyone

Page 20 of 71 First ... 1819202122 ... Last

1. BW upon waking 250.6 ok fatso….its time for that cut.

YouTube - DE bench

DE Bench (160in bands)
    Warmups then
    305x3x3x3x3x3x3 w/15-30 seconds rest

Band Resisted Shirt work (510 in bands on work sets)
    575x1
    675x1x1x1

last of 3 weeks doing this so it was heavier and slower
    also cut about 1.5” of sleaves of shirt so I was able to get it seated better and couldn’t touch any of them…close on the last one.

Rope pressdowns/pull aparts
    75x12x12x12x12

Situps - wide legs to activate flexors
    x20x20x20x20

Hammer Curls – non alt
    40x12
    50x12x12x12x12

Band Ab Crunches
    #4x0
    #3+#1 x8x8

Aggressive Band Tricep stretches
    2.5minutes

After a 2 week break from heavy work on my DE day I think my next 3 week wave will be band assisted bench w/ shirt. Excited to try this. Also its official I will finally begin to cut some weight as I have mentioned on several occasions so far. I think I have 15-20lbs of fat I can comfortably drop.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM

2. Amazing squat numbers Kabuki. That would wear me out as well.
    •   

3. That spotter on the 600# squats was taking his job very seriously, that's commendable. I think he may have gotten more of a workout than you. Good sh*t, as always.

4. thanks guys. yes he is a very competent spotter. used to be one of my best training partners before he moved to the other side of town.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

5. BW upon waking 250.0

Speed Squat (140 in bands 2sets#3’s) Narrow stance no belt to overload low back
    Warmup then
    465x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2

DB Rows – pulling up alongside body
    65x12
    115x19x15

Wide Grip Pulldowns – super strict this week
    145x12x12x12x12

GHR – trying it per suggestion with upper body bent forward supposed take low back out and put more emphasis on Glute’s and Hammies
    BW x12
    BW&#1 x9x9x8x8
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Shrugs – Wide grip fat trap bar
    205x12
    350x12x12x12x4
    really struggled with grip today as hands were to sweat on the non knurled bar.

And yes that is Partner running off to puke in vid. He took a 6 week layoff and has been struggling coming back this last 2 weeks and has not been able to finish a workout yet.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    GHR – trying it per suggestion with upper body bent forward supposed take low back out and put more emphasis on Glute’s and Hammies
    Damn those squat numbers are amazing. As far as GHR's, I found this interesting tidbit in a book. Below are 4 pages:

One
    Two
    Three
    Four

7. thanks poly. i went back to how i was doing them before which is what was shown in what you posted up.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

8. Pulled Sled first thing this morning. Fastest pace yet. little dry heaving towards end slowed me down a bit.

135lbs x 12.5min 100 steps forward 60 reverse

GHR's before dinner
    Went back to old way of doing them

BWx8
    BW+#1 x11x10x10x7
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

9. Its been a rough couple of days on my body. Been putting in a lot of hard work on the remodel and missing meals and not getting enough rest. Pretty beat down right now.

BW upon waking 248.6

NEW YEARS EVE - ME Bench

CG Floor Press
    45x12x12
    145x6x6
    195x5
    235x5
    285x5
    325x5
    375x4x3

Overhead Lockouts – from forehead
    235x8
    325x6
    375xmiss
    325x5

Supra Pressdowns
    100x12
    125x8x8x6

Last two exercises superseded with no rest (wife was yelling at me as we were late to go visit family)

Face Pulls
    125x8x8x8

Hammer Curls
    40x8x8x8

NEW YEARS DAY – ME SQUAT
    So apparently the plan was to not just have dinner at family’s but to stay late till new year which I was in no condition to do. Needless to say I was upset.

So for my squat workout that morning I did not have it going on, but didn’t want to blow an opportunity with good squatters so I went light on my warmups and did get one good set in. Also made sure to nail the depth on all my squats. Which were solid depth…I even paused at the bottom of one of my reps on my work set squat to check the mirror so I wasn’t just relying on the people checking for me.

Squat
    55x12x6x6
    155x6x6
    245x5
    335x5
    425x3
    515x2
    605x3 wraps
    705x5 briefs & wraps
    i was actually suprised at how deep i was when i looked in the mirror.
    750xmiss
    ....think i was just shot at this point...but it was same failure as last few with not being able to keep back erect...Need to be doing some heavy GM's and get that SSB built.

Romanian Deadlifts
    410x8x8x8

Skipped all assistance work.

I may take the rest of the week off.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

10. HAHAHA
    No need to explain those moments when you have SQ at morning,and you're mad because you will not have enough rest,but this time your women was right,somethimes you need to sacrifice yourself for her.

Keep your efforts and God blass you in new year.

11. Damn! I feel so much better today! Its amazing what a little sleep will do.

Anyway I took some measurements last night at the start of my diet.

The following are averages of 3 measurements each.

Chest 12mm
    Abdominal 18mm
    Thigh 13mm
    Suprailiac 7mm
    (not used in the BF measurement below but the only one I’ve tracked for over 6+ years. As I can consistently measure same spot due to tattoo)

According to this website Body Fat Calculator my

BF is 13%.

I don’t buy that at all (I know it’s a lot more) but it gives me a baseline even if it is flawed.

I’ll get some tape measurements tonight. I believe my waistline (at belly button) is still 39-40” range.

This is my average daily BW upon waking (* actual weight during day is approx 4lbs higher) by week over the last year

Now here is the rub…I thought my upcoming comps were in the June/July timeframe which would allow adequate time to cut, but it turns out that they are in fact in the March/April timeframe. That is in no way adequate time to do a drop in BF effectively without loosing strength.

So I may have to stay at 242 for early this year and work on doing the cut later in the year. Decisions Decisions.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

12. BW upon waking

Started with playing around with my bench form and measuring the stroke with various setups. Decided to go legs underneath me for a while as my flexibility is improving. I used to bench quite well with this form about 5+ years ago.

Speed Bench (w/unknown amount of chains)
    45 x12x12
    90+chain x6x6
    135+chain x3x3
    185+chain x3x3x3x3x3x3x3x3

Skull Crushers
    90x16x16
    130x16

Supra Press downs – on incline bench with band resistance
    75+#1doubled x8x8x8
    Think I found my new favorite Tricep movement. I love the supra’s anyway and the incline bench took out any cheating possible. Rockin!!!

Curls – palms out non-alternating
    40x12x12x12x12

Standing Ab Crunches
    #3 band x20x20x20

Sit-ups – Leg wide and on floor locked in under rack
    X20x20

Aggressive Tricep Stretches
    5min

More setup work on bench / Stretching arch, stomach, legs
    5min

Skipped sled work last night but I feel Great again after some relaxation and sleep last night!!!

I’ll upload some vids later of the Supra’s as well as I got a vid of my 750 squat miss and it is from a great angle that shows exactly what I’m doing wrong! I just watched it.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

13. Here is the incline Supra’s from tonight

nothing impressive but my CG floor presses from Monday

Now here is the video! They messed up on filming the 700x5, but look and see (besides the good spotting) what happens right before I miss this 750 attempt.
    Obviously I was tired after the 5 rep set, but Damn I am loosing my upper body position and rolling forward. Need to work harder on keeping chin in and head up and I think I will try to bring my grip in on my work sets which will strengthen that up a bit as well as possibly allow me to keep my elbows lower. Normally I don’t do this due to the strain on my bicep tendon but if I just do it on only my max effort sets I may be ok. Will experiment. Good to know what is going on!
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

14. BW upon waking 248.2

Bench Setup Stretches 2-3min

Speed Squats (140lbs in bands w/2 sets of #3’s) close stance no belt
    55x6x6
    135x3x3
    195x3x3
    295x3
    385x3
    475x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2
    last set YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

DB Rows – off flat bench pulling DB up alongside body
    65x12
    115x8
    135x12
    115x8

Wide Grip Pulldowns
    120x12
    165x12x12x12x12

Glute Ham Raise
    X16x14x12x10
    Ok…think I got the change in my form down with chin tucked and shoulders rolled. Definetly makes it harder as well as takes more stress off low back. This is my first set doing it this way so still not perfectly clean

Shrugs – Wide Grip Fat Trap Bar
    300x20x20x20x20

Bench Setup Stretches 2-3min
    Last edited by kabuki; 01-05-2008 at 12:01 AM.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

15. I really like the look of those incline supra's for tri's. Thanks, I'm gonna give those a go.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    I really like the look of those incline supra's for tri's. Thanks, I'm gonna give those a go.
    do you have ths supra attachment?
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

17. No, I may buy one though. I have straight, v-style, and a fatty bar attachment. Does the supra make all the difference? How do you have the bands attached to the pully system?

18. This is great motivation and one can learn a lot from this thread.
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

19. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    This is great motivation and one can learn a lot from this thread.
    Agreed, he really deserves some type of award for this thread.

20. Maybe a sponsership from Nutraplanet
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

21. That's a good idea, he definitely deserves to be sponsored, and NP is the sh*t. Smeton, If you know any of the guys at NP you should try to hook it up.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    No, I may buy one though. I have straight, v-style, and a fatty bar attachment. Does the supra make all the difference? How do you have the bands attached to the pully system?
    those can be done with a v style as well which will also work great for isolating the tri's and taking out other muscles. What i like about the supra is the reduced elbow and wrist strain as well as increased range of motion.

i built my pulley system to easily attach bands. But at the commercial gym i would just hang it over the top of the rack and then through the caribiner at the end of the cable. This works pretty well.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

23. and thanks for the votes of confidene Alex and SY. I plan on pushing for some sponsorships this spring when i have some world records under my belt. besides breaking individual federation records i should be getting very close to having the highest total(if not the highest) in my weight class in ANY fed that does drug testing...and make it onto the top 20 all time lifts regardless of fed, testing, ect.

I don't want to sound cocky but this is where my current training plans will place me if i execute at the meets.

But we will see. Everything has to come together which so far it is.

*Plug* So my favorite companys if your watching keep an eye out for someone that may be putting up the largest natural totals by BW around...that could certainly say a lot for your products. *end plug* nutraplanet, getdiesel, and USP labs
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

24. Mullet is a USPlabs rep, let me talk to him about sponsoring you. Their really is no one more deserving, considering your attitude, performance, and this detailed video log that everyone can learn from.

25. BW upon waking 246.6

30+ min stretching. Working on hips, inner thighs, and bench setup.

Here is what I started doing this last week to increase my arch (there is some less aggressive stretching I do to warmup before hitting these). I'm hoping to get my flexibility up enough to retool my bench form in a few months as well as widen my squat stance.

Hip Abduction
    #1 band x10x10x10 per side

Sled 135lbs x 14min. Went longer than .4 mile loop I normally do.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

26. I was recently asked via PM about my diet macro’s and choice in foods. I figured this was a good time to run through my diet and look at my macro’s again and see where they were at as well as post it up and get some feedback on my diet.

First off I eat organic foods for all my produce, oats, ect, including my meats and eggs (which are also free range). I know….I’m a food snob…when we go out to eat we usually choose restaurants that make the same choices (which we have a lot of in Portland). I have also completely eliminated protein shakes from my diet.

My diet is pretty consistent from day to day with the exception of Lunch and Dinner. For these choices we prepare meals using the recipes from www.savingdinner.com. This works very well as they are created by a nutritionist and have a good balance of protein, carbs, fats and utilizes whole foods instead of pre processed food. My only complaint is that once per week it has a non meat based recipe so I keep something handy to cook up just for me (wife doesn’t understand the lack of meat dilemma).

One side note is that I eat a fair amount of dairy daily which most people trying to stay lean or in BBing try to avoid. Obviously as a PL it has little impact on me

Ok here are the numbers. Not saying these are optimal by any means…this is just what my diet happens to be.

Base foods come up to:
    225g Protein
    425g Carbs
    200g fats

Now I also take in 80g of BCAA’s and EAA’s every day (SB’s Protocol) which I know are not a complete protein but these need to be counted somewhere and I feel it is appropriate to count them as protein calories. So that brings the macros to:

305g Protein
    4720 Calories

A typical day might look like this.

6:30am
    6 eggs
    10g fish oil
    20g BCAA’s

9am
    1 cup cottage cheese
    .5cup walnuts

11:30am
    1 AP 10min prior
    Leftovers (lets just say 1.5 – 2 chicken breast, couscous, and veggies)
    10g fish oil

3:30pm (preworkout)
    1 AP 10min prior
    1.5g oatmeal
    20g EAA’s

6:30pm (immediately post workout)
    1 AP 10min prior
    1 cup naturally sweetened yogurt
    .5 cups oats
    20g BCAA’s

7:00pm
    Dinner same as leftovers
    2 cups whole milk

9:30pm
    1 spoon Peanut butter
    1 cup Milk
    20g BCAA’s

Also I just recently cut out my morning juice about 3 weeks ago (slightly cutting back carb intake). I would normally have 1-2 cups of either fresh veggies or fruit that I juice every morning.

As far as supplementation I take the following as my foundation:
    1.5 g Ester C
    2 perf multi
    600mg NAC (eliminates mucus with diary levels)
    Digestive Enzymes w/meals
    300mg super milk thistle
    1200mg Vit E
    3 Anabolic Pump

As noted in daily intake:
    12-30g fish oil (currently 30g)
    60g BCAA’s
    20g EAA’s

For performance Supps I’ve pretty much decided to stick with the following two product lines:
    Get Diesel – I really like the quality of ingredients and combinations that lead to the great results.
    USP labs – I really like the focus on quality and extraction methods that lead to the great results.

So again if anyone has any thoughts or recommendations please let me know.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

27. BW upon waking 247.4

Got a lot of work in tonight.

Kabuki Yoga

Floor Press
    45x12
    95x6x6
    135x5
    185x5
    225x3
    275x3
    325x3
    375x5x5 +3reps total over last week

Decided to try my new form even though I’m not flexible as I would like to be yet. First session using this tech in over 5+ years.
    3board press w/shirt
    505x1
    555x1
    595x1
    645x1
    felt easy but I left it there

DB Military’s on 90deg bench
    105x9x6

Incline Supra Pressdowns
    100x12
    100+#1 band x8x7
    85+#1 band x10

Face Pulls
    100x12x12x12x12

Curls – palms out non alt
    40x10x10x10x10x10

More Kabuki Yoga.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

28. lovin the 3 board .

thanks for postin up the diet. i dare not post mine. i know jack in the box has a website tho :burg: .

i def. need to get my diet back in order; it's hard on AP tho. i'm frickin hungry all the time, and too lazy to prep.

as usual, good sh!t bro.

29. thanks TR. Thats only 15lbs more than my full range bench max but i had a lot more in the tank. Saving for later.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

30. Two weeks in a row of having my ME lower body day where I had to skip most of my assistance work. Lack of sleep last night may be the issue, which I hope it is and hoping I’m not sick. Tired, fatigued, achy, muscles cramping, and started feeling very physically ill while training. Got the important stuff done however, and next week is the next planned deload week.

BW upon waking 246.2

YouTube - deadlifting 1/8/08

Sumo Deadlifts
    45x6x6
    135x6x6
    225x5

Sumo Deadlifts w/#4 bands doubled and stretched to give tension at start of lift.
    225+bands x3
    315+bands x3
    405+bands x3
    495+bands x2
    585+bands x2
    add briefs but it didn’t feel like it helped
    585+bands x1
    635+bands x0 just missing lockout….damn those bands were a getting tight.

Calves were cramping hard on everything over 500, making it harder than it should a been. Never done this next one before but everything was setup so what the hell.

Romanian Deadlifts - Band resisted w/same setup as above
    315+bands x8x8x5

These got HARD when pulling hips through at top. Just what I need.
    Also the bands felt like they added at least 100lbs compared to the 410 I’ve been using on these normally.

Glute-Ham Raises
    BWx14x12x10

Damn…it might have just been low blood sugar and hydration (minimal carbs last 2 days). After having a solid dinner I’m starting to feel dramatically better already. Still going to take a hot bath and hit the sack early tonight. Tomorrow is ART therapy! And I’ve got some good news to share but I’ll type that up tomorrow.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:52 PM
  2. 8 Weeks Out Video Prep Log
    By Beast in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 12:35 PM
  3. Replies: 4