Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log - a little crazy fun for everyone

Page 30 of 85 First ... 2829303132 ... Last

1. Damn...i was emotionally exhausted by Friday and didn't feel like training at all. But ended up with a wicked workout after hitting the new R4W caps and Pslin! I was surprised by my level of intensity last night, particularly after the challenging excercise to start with.

Bw upon waking 246.4

Speed Squat - SSB w/5" camber (170lbs is in band tension)
    85x6x6
    255x6
    345x5
    435x5
    525x2
    585x2x2x2x2x2x2 w/45 seconds rest
    And yes i'm doing these like last 2 weeks where its off deep box with a pronounced rocking back on the box. Just don't feel like uploading vid.

Yes those 6 sets with the Safety Squat bar kicked my ass, but they were still moving fast!!

Bent over Rows
    135x12
    225x12
    275x12x12x12

Pulldowns
    couple warmup sets
    140+2bands x12x12x12x12

Rear Delt Flys
    40x12
    50x12x12
    40x12

Glute-Ham Raise
    BWx12
    BW+#1band x12x12x12x12
    the last few reps were very ugly

Shurgs - Wide Grip Trapbar
    295x12
    385x20x20x20

Wilson Good Mornings
    #5 band x20x20x20
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM

2. Hey choadgoblin, I just wanted to pop in and call you a lewd name and bounce out.

That is all.
    •   

3. I feel the love Ubi
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

4. BW upon waking 247.8

With all the upperback work last week i couldn't hold my shoulders in position today. what a pisser.

Bench
    45x12x12
    145x6x6
    235x3
    325x3
    Add 2board and shirt
    465x1
    505x1
    555x1
    595x1
    625xmiss
    I was planning on taking one more jump but just couldn't hold it tight.

Pin Presses - holding at lock for 6 sec
    415x5
    505x3x3

Incline Supra Pressdowns
    85+2bands x8x12x12x12

Face Pulls
    #2 band x12x12x12x12

Hammer Curls
    35x12
    45x12x12x12x12x12

Front Delt Raises
    #1bands x12x12x12x12

Then i got done and found my new super phenom deliverd on my back door But I couldn't talk my workout partner into sticking around for another hour while i benched again
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

5. strong mofo
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching
    •   

6. How squatting went from my worst of he three to being my home, I don’t know. But I really needed a big lift tonight to restore my confidence after the utter failure deadlifting last week and the disappointing bench day yesterday.

Didn’t hit much volume tonight as I wanted to focus on the heavy lifting…really needed that to keep me mentally charged.

BW upon waking 247.0

Squat
    55x6x6
    145x6x6
    235x5
    325x5
    495x3 add 170lbs in chain and Briefs
    585x3
    685x3
    775x2 add suit
    865x1 add wraps
    955x1
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Wore my convict wraps on that last one and pulled the straps tight on the suit for the first time since last meet. It felt damn easy!! Would have gone heavier but lacking spotters.

Also fell over backwards on the 495 set while demonstrating sitting back (but to far) LOL. My pinky will be a bit swollen from hitting racks when I fell backwards. Only had like 2-3 inches to drop bar to pins so all was safe.

SSB Pause Squats – Pausing while partner counts to 3 in hole
    no briefs, belt, wraps ect. And SUPA deep!
    265x5x5x5

Glute Ham Raise
    BW x12
    BW+#1 band x16x16x11
    BW x12

Situps – legs wide and flat to hit hip flexors as well
    BW x20
    BW+10 x20
    BW+25 x20x20
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

7. Amazing bro! You'll be soon doing 1,000

8. **** 900, take down a grand.

Why the switch the SDP? Katana just not working for you or are you ready for more shirt? Looking forward to seeing what you hit at this meet. Last training cycle a bunch of my training partners had bad interruptions mid cycle like you've had only to come back and hit all PR's at their meet and it looks like you're looking to do the same.

9. I'll work on that 1000+ lber next week. With chain deload however. It will come soon enough however.

Yes I’ve been struggling this training cycle, but keeping on pushing through. Hoping with a good deload I can recover for the meet. My wife wants me to take spring break off for a vacation…this is 2 weeks before the meet . but I think I can get in my 2 ME workouts that week so it looks like I’ll be cutting out a lot of workouts prior to the meet and dropping a lot of assistance work. We will see how it all works out.

And yes, looking for more shirt. I never quite was able to work the katana the way I wanted.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

10. YESTERDAY

ART therapy yesterday on Flexors, Extensors, Triceps, and long head of Bicep. Skipped sled work again and will be skipping untill strenght on deadlift and Bench returns.

TODAY

probably not best idea benching heavy twice in one week particulaly with the second day being right after ART....my muscle were throbbing a bit today.

But it was a good thing i did as the new shirt was WAY to big. Going to send back tomorrow. It took all of 2 seconds to put on...1 second for each arm. No joke!

Bench
    45x6x6
    145x6x6x6
    235x5x5
    325x3
    375x3 shirt on
    435x3
    485x1
    525x3
    575x1
    all touched easy. Felt i could have touched pretty much everything if i wanted to. Played with jacking up the back of the tricpe on the last few sets which helped.
    YouTube - shirt work

Lying DB Extensions
    35x12
    45x8x8x8x8

HAmmer curls
    35x12
    40x12x12x12x12
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

11. Skipped my workout Friday night and went and watched some Professional Bull Riding and had a few drinks. Turned out to be a good move.

Got to last night without being at work all day first so I had some time to contemplate my deadlift form and come up with some things to focus on. Was only supposed to do some light speed deadlifting but things were feeling good and I went heavy.

Didn’t hit any big numbers or do a lot of volume…but I would call this one of my most productive training sessions in the last 3 months because I learned so much.

First lets remember I’ve barely been pulling in the low 6’s lately either conv or sumo. Which I’ve assumed has been due to the fact I’m in an overload phase in my training….but turns out not to be the case.

Lesson 1: First thing I did was skip my preworkout meal which normally consists of Pslin, 20g BCAA’s and 2 cups of oats. I guessed correctly that the extreme discomfort in getting to the bar my last few sessions was not due to the suit but a combination between that and the bloat from the 2 cups of oats. Need to find another carb source on deadlift days. Today I just had an apple, spoon of PB, and 20g BCAA’s.

Lesson 2: Tried changes with head position and shoulder position and it felt great on warmups. Instead of having shoulders rolled forward I had them pulled back, but still down, and also brought my head pointed up much higher.

Deadlift
    145x6x6x6
    195x3x3
    255x3
    345x3
    435x3
    525x3 belt on
    615x1 briefs on
    665x2 suit on – started loosing grip on right hand while locking second rep
    705xmissxmiss – done one right after other. Missed above knees but felt easy. Bar was to far in front of me and my calves cramped from being on my toes.
    705x1 well not quite – moved bar closer and it went to lock easy but right as I was pulling shoulders back I started loosing grip on left hand again (more on this later)
    705xmiss – just getting tired…pulled to knees again.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Sumo Rack pulls
    325x5
    525x5 stared loosing grip
    615x5 used straps but found that even with using them as I pulled my shoulders back to lock my fingers were against my legs and it just peeled them away from bar.
    665x3 widened grip some and resolved the issue with grip at lock but may cause some issues as the come across my thigh a little earlier in lift.

Lesson 3: Need to find solution to grip issue. Might be moving hand position, might be baby powder on upper thighs. At this point I’m not sure yet.

Supra Rows
    185+3bands x12
    215+3bands x10x10x10

Wide Grip Pulldowns
    140+2bands x12x12x12x12

Lesson 4: Deadlift socks Rock! And my wife thinks I look like a freak with my cutoff shirt and long socks. I had to run around the house with that getup on while her friend that just moved out from Manhattan was over visiting. She should just be thankfull I didn’t make the two of them come downstairs and help me get my lifting gear on
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

12. Mother****ing powerhouse!

I don't know much about sumo deads, but have you tried leaning over the bar a bit more at the beginning? It looks like it's starting a little far from your body and rolls towards you when you start the lift.

13. Nice Log I used to do sumo Deads which I felt hit more hip.

On the Sumo Rack Deads where do you feel the stress? I've been thinking about trying this.

14. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Nice Log I used to do sumo Deads which I felt hit more hip.

On the Sumo Rack Deads where do you feel the stress? I've been thinking about trying this.
    i wrote a longer respons earlier but forgot to post it. tough to say what felt stress as done after heavy full range. Sumo's def involve more hips than conv. I'm week on the glute/ham strength at the top in finishing pulling the hips through. Hopefully this will help target this.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

15. Wow…today really sucked. Didn’t sleep well last night due to some problems around the house. Which ran into a big headache today that just kept getting worse. The R4W made the headache subside substantially by workout time so it didn’t really affect me there…just sucked during the workday.

BW upon waking 247.0

Benching....and yes heavy again for the 3rd time in 8 days, but won’t be going heavy now or 1.5 weeks due to vacation (another story…wife wants to go on vacation 2 weeks out from meet!!! I’ll be sneaking out to get some speed work session in at a local gym)

OK, I’m seriously done *****ing now

Band snatch #1 x12x12

Bench
    45x6x6
    145x6x6
    225x5
    315x3
    All 1bd and with shirt
    375x3 felt like I could touch 200lbs
    445x3
    505x1
    575x1
    615xmiss
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t39K9M6mWPM"]YouTube - Shirt work[/ame]

super fast and explosive till last one. I hit it to slow off chest. Still 3rd time easily hitting 575 in 1 week. I could have come back and hit 615 plus if I had really wanted to. Sending shirt back 2morrow and new one should be here by end of week to early next week!

Skull Crushers
    80x16
    130x16x12x12

Face Pulls
    #2 band x12x12x12x12

Hammer Curls – non alt
    45x12x16x16x12x12
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

16. Going on a vacation will really do you good. I went and I didn't eat bodybuilding wise, I forgot my protein powder and ate lots og nuts and seeds(peanuts, avacoda, blueberry juice, took my vitamins) and ended up drinking and getting drunk toward the end of the trip. Anyways when i git into bodybuilding I'm glad I did this. In a way it made me sanier. A little rebellion is good sometimes. It's like a storn in the atmosphere. Good luck on your trip!

17. Ohhhh I slept so good last night!!! I take my Powerful during the week and even without going to bed I was so well rested today, making up for Sunday night.

BW upon waking 246.0

Squat (170lbs in weight is chain)
    55x12x12
    155x6x6
    245x4x4
    335x3
    505x3 chain and briefs added
    595x3 add belt
    685x3
    775x3 add suit
    865x1
    935x1
    1000x1
    Depth is definitely questionable on many but that was not the point of the last 2 weeks.
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzU6JML3Fc"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

SSB Good mornings
    225x8
    275x8 belt
    275x7 no belt

Glute Ham Raise
    BWx10
    BW +#2 band x12x12x12
    Stepped it up a band tonight

OK. Now for the update. I’m not doing so well. My forearms are a mess, and my biceps started flaring up while squatting, which hasn’t happened in over a year…and my collarbone on right side started throbbing after workout. Checked it in mirror and it has slipped out a little and is protruding. This is the clavicle I separated during the accident last spring.

Guess this is what I get for doing all of the following in the last 9 days…working up to around a 600lb bench on 3 occasions, squatting a deloaded 1000lbs, and deadlifting 705 (with 3 missed attempts pulling above knees).

Going to get some work done tomorrow. Will have to schedule some extra time to make sure all issues are addressed and we have time to set the clavicle as well. Luckily it’s just shifted a little but its still throbbing.

Now to enjoy my next 1.5 weeks of assistance only work.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

18. Damn! It looked like your 1000 squat was the deepest. Amazing. I couldn't even imagine what 1000 pounds on your back feels like.

On that 705 DL, it's your overhand that's losing grip right? Maybe you should add in some hardcore grip training after this next meet.

19. Quote Originally Posted by jas123 View Post
    Damn! It looked like your 1000 squat was the deepest. Amazing. I couldn't even imagine what 1000 pounds on your back feels like.

On that 705 DL, it's your overhand that's losing grip right? Maybe you should add in some hardcore grip training after this next meet.
    yep, overhand. grip training will be in the works. I'm going to play around with grip position which i think will have some short term payoff for me. may change overhand/underhand hands so stronger hand is overhand. that side is weaker now due to some nerve issues as i'm loosing sensation easier on that side with shoulder/elbow position/pressure.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

20. You are inspiring bro! Congratulations on your 1000 lb squat.

21. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
    Ohhhh I slept so good last night!!! .
    Sleep? what's that?

Hey have you been fabricating anything, or bouncing ideas off of Mega?

22. Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
    Sleep? what's that?

Hey have you been fabricating anything, or bouncing ideas off of Mega?
    HA!

just about done with my house remodel though. I'll be posting up some pics in the legit forum when i'm done.

right now my shop is full of wood, doors, windows, moulding...its pretty damn horrid sight. but when i'm done i get it cleaned out and back to fabricating.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

23. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    You are inspiring bro! Congratulations on your 1000 lb squat.
    Thanks,

It was only 1000lbs on the top. Upper 800's maybe 900 on the bottom.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

24. 1,000 lbs is 1,000 lbs

25. 1000 is unreal congrats bro!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Upper back "cramps"?
    By Br1ck_Sh1thouse in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-18-2017, 09:59 AM
  2. Mission: body type from plum to the big "V"
    By metallifter87 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-25-2015, 01:28 PM
  3. Replies: 0