Kabuki's "VIDEO" Log - a little crazy fun for everyone

Page 30 of 71 First ... 2829303132 ... Last

1. Lunch time Sled Pulling – moved to loop through parking lot to spur more interest and awareness as they have had a huge positive response at other building from doing this. Sleds pop right over speed bumps like they are not there (I was worried about this). Also had another leader at company join me as well. A few weeks ago he was telling me how he didn’t need to as he mows his lawn which is the same thing….he was a bit shocked and walked away with a new respect and commitment to join at least 2 sessions a week.

125lbx x15min

ART therapy on chest and a little on traps. The knot in my pec is nearly gone after the first sessions! Going to avoid wearing my shirt for awhile as the pressure across my chest seems to be what’s aggravating it.

Forgot to do my evening arm/ab session after doing chores and working in shop.

Also 233.0 this morning. Five more pounds I’ll be within range of making 220’s (remember I’m actually 4lbs heavier than the morning weights I report which is dehydrated and fully evacuated)
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    Live Your DREAMS -> WWW . KABUKIWARRIOR . COM

2. i really feel my new training program is coming together. I may not post huge numbers at my next meet as that isn't the focus at the moment...but all the pieces seem to be working well together.

Bent Over Rows - bar is midshin at bottom - deadlifted off floor of course
    45x6x6x6
    135x6x6
    225x6
    315x6
    385x9x8 (5lb PR!)

Sternum pullups
    BW x7x5x5x5

Band Resisted Bench Setups - hold for 5 count at contraction (chest)
    #3 x5
    #3#1 x5x5

Bent Over Rows - False Grip
    275x8x8

DB Rear Delt Flys
    50x12x11
    40x12

Shrugs - Wide grip Fat Trapbar
    205x12
    295x12
    385x20x14x12 grip and trap failure pretty much same time on last 3 sets.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs
    •   

3. I've seen this guy somewhere?

4. Quote Originally Posted by jcp2 View Post
    I've seen this guy somewhere?
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

5. how...in...the...hell... did i miss this thread?

god damn man... ill be reading this when i get some time...

very impressive
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    how...in...the...hell... did i miss this thread?

god damn man... ill be reading this when i get some time...

very impressive
    thanks man. been skipping on vids lately as to much else going on in life right now.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

7. afternoon

Sled 125lbs x10min.
    The new loop around the parking lot is super sticky! some points it was all i could do to keep the sled moving forward. Will have to drop 20-30lbs off.

Evening

all done as kind of a loop with no rest. Did rest 2min after first loop to talk w/wife

Situps - upside down on GHR
    BWx12
    BW+25lbs x12x12x12

Hammer Curls
    30x16x16x16

Band Presses x30

Band Rows x30

Wheel of Death x20
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

8. pretty damn beat up going into tonights workout. Still sore from the tough session on Wed and then the sled pull that was to heavy yesterday. draggin all day

SSB squats
    85x5x5x5
    175x5
    265x3
    355x3
    445x3
    535x2
    585x0

Good Mornings - wide stance toes pointing forward
    245x5
    335x5
    425x8
    475x6

Romanian Deadlifts
    245x8
    445x8x6

Glute-Ham Raise
    BW x12x12x12

Hip Abduction
    #1x12x12x12

vid just for ****s and giggles even though nothing was heavy.
    YouTube - squats 6/6/08
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

9. slept in 2.5 hours this morning. REally needed it!

Sled Pulling - used new sled...has a lot more drag!

all 45-60sec pulls with 45-75 sec rest.
    start as reverse sprint on toes then spin for hard long stride forward, and barely finishing each one with short stride forward.
    125lbs for 2 pulls
    150lbs for remainder
    switched to anti theft mode at 10min even though cold and overcast
    17min almost puked in middle of pull while trying to spit.
    18min done with HIIT
    21min had 125lb sled in back of yard after pulling thru wet grass.

My hammies are hating me after last night and then heavy pulling this morning instead of recouperative pulling.

ok...time to get something in tummy. only had BCAA's and recreate this morning.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

10. Hey just thought I would give you a GHR tip. first of all, looking so much better than when you first started. One little thing. At the very very top you kind of do a mini back raise to make your body vertical. Instead of this, focus on contracting the glutes and pushing them back. Almost like you are poking your ass to the back slightly. Only that very top portion.

Also for another variation, try 1 legged GHR's. Those will mess your day up fast. Another good one is keeping your upper body parallel to the ground and moving straight back and forth, like superman with your arms straight at your sides. These are kind of weird and you can do them with a bar on your back if you need to but they hit it in a different way. Just a few variations I've picked up along the way that are pretty handy.

11. thanks.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

12. AM

Sled pulling
    115x15min little light as hammies have been fried since Fri/sat combo.

Skipped Active Release this week to meet with midwife

PM
    done as a circuit not consecutively as shown below

Situps - upside down on GHR with band resistance- Yeah BAby!
    x12x12x10x10

Hammer Curls - concurrently
    35x16x16x16x12

Band Press
    x30

Band Row
    x30

Leg Raises off bench
    x15x20
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

13. Nice PR and sick workout tonight

Sumo Deadlifts - raw
    45x6x6
    135x6
    245x6
    335x5
    425x3
    515x1
    600x8 (Straps)

Sumo Deads off 3" blocks
    425x3 double overhand no straps no belt
    425x6 over/under

Stiff Leg rack pulls - below base of knee
    495x5 held for 10 seconds on last one
    600x5 held for 15 seconds on last one (Wraps)

4 loops through the following :
    Sternum pullups x5
    no rest
    Band Resisted Bench Setups x5 - holding 7 seconds at contraction

Band back raises (Band GM's)
    #4(2)+#3(10) x20reps
    #4(3) x13reps

Sternum pullups x7

hell of a workout.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

14. Very nice!! I love Deads or a dead varation
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

15. Work stress the last couple days has been rough and it got to me yesterday and I didn’t end up eating much/anything…which only made it worse.

6pm training after only having a piece of lean ham for breakfast and a lone gourmet chicken sausage at noon.

Band Row x30
    Band Press x30

Next two supersetted

Reverse GHR sit-ups
    #1band +BW x16x14x12x12

Hammer Curls – simultaneous
    35x16x16x16x16

Sled Pulling
    135lbs x 10 min

Don’t even know why I tried the pulling, that was the lamest slacker sled session I ever had. I did put some effort into those band resisted GHR sit-ups however.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

16. i had a few questions on the sled pulling.

I have looked over a lot of the 30!!!! pages of this thread and i cannot find a picture or video of you sled pulling. i would like to see how yours is designed. i have one but i am having a few issues.

1. how is your harness/strap connected to your body?

2. i see that you pull at work, HOW do you deal with the noise? I have been kicked out of two "abandoned" parking lots because of the extreme unpleasant sound.

3. have you done it on grass? if so, who owns the land your are destroying?

if you could take a few seconds to answer some of my much needed GPP questions, i would appreciate it!

17. Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    i had a few questions on the sled pulling.

I have looked over a lot of the 30!!!! pages of this thread and i cannot find a picture or video of you sled pulling. i would like to see how yours is designed. i have one but i am having a few issues.

1. how is your harness/strap connected to your body?

2. i see that you pull at work, HOW do you deal with the noise? I have been kicked out of two "abandoned" parking lots because of the extreme unpleasant sound.

3. have you done it on grass? if so, who owns the land your are destroying?

if you could take a few seconds to answer some of my much needed GPP questions, i would appreciate it!
    ours look just like this
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...&cid=114&pid=8

They make a little bit of noise but not that much...you can hold a conversation with someone pulling next to you. That's unless you get some loose debris caught up in the front of it then it will rattle around.

I use a strap that just goes around my waist in so that i can spin forwards to backwards without stopping. lots of people also attach to belt.

Grass works good but use much less weight as it will provide a hell of a lot more friction. doesn't seem to damage my lawn when i have to pull it around the house when the driveway is full.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

18. SSB box Squats
    85x6x6
    175x5
    175#5 x5
    265#5 x5
    355#5 x5
    405#5 x2
    475#5 x2x2x2x2x2

475 plus the large bands was an ass kicker

GHR's
    BWx16
    BW#2band x20x12x12x12x7
    BWx14

Hip Abduction
    #1x20x12x12x12

loading a video with my lifts for the week. Will post it later.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

19. last week training
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzAL4zZIJrw"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

20. thanks for the quick answers buddy...

this log has helped me quite a bit. we appreciate it. keep up the good work.

21. no prob man

Sat AM depleted training

Band Rows x30
    Band Flys/Press x30

I can’t remember if I did situps and curls or not now???

Sled pulling 135lbs x 12min

Sun – forgot to eat except for breakfast and dinner while working on my project….but I did keep BCAA’s in me during the day. And weighed in at 229.8 Monday morning!
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

22. wasn't feeling top notch and was getting a little light headed during warmups so i took it easy on warming up but started missing working weights and feeling worse. called it quits early.

Bench
    45x6x6
    145x6x6
    2brd
    225x5
    325x5
    415x3
    add shirt
    505x5
    555x3
    600xmiss

Pin press w/3 second hold out
    415x5

done

decided to sleep in and take the day off and knock out some projects after getting the extra rest. feeling a bit better.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

23. Felt better yesterday but not 100% so I skipped some items in my program. Pretty sure I picked up some viral infection. The fever is gone as well as the swollen lymph nodes in my neck and fatigue has been reduced (as of this morning I’m feeling pretty damn good).

Bent Over Rows
    45x6x6
    135x12x12
    225x8
    Add straps for grip
    315x8
    405x6 not perfect
    315x12x12 strict
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Sternum Pullups then drop straight to Bench Setups (band resisted w/5count at contraction)
    Pullups x7x7x7
    Setups x5x5x5

Shrugs – Wide Grip Fat Trapbar
    295x12
    385x20
    475x16
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

24. Definitely feeling better and like my normal top o’ the world cocky self, unlike the last few days.

Sled pulling at lunch – 4 people wide through the work parking lot past the smoking shacks and the people eating off the roach coach. :thefinger
    115x13min
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

25. quick 20min session

Window Washers
    2 each side...cieling to low

Wheel o death
    knees x 10
    Standing x7x7x5 yehaw! PR
    YouTube - wheel o death

GHR situps stretching at bottom
    x16
    check stretch on last one...that is what i'm doing lately for arch on bench.

Hammer Curls - simultaneous
    35x20x18x18

Band Side Delts
    x12x12

band Face Pulls
    x12

Band Rows
    x20

Band Press/flys
    x30
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

26. Body fat has dropped quite a bit Kabuki. I'm cutting too, not too long though. I made the mistake two years ago of cutting too much. Right now Its ok for me to get a lil pudge, I can always do a mini-cut to control it. I'll not diet down extremely any more in till I have put on more mass Than when I'm where I'm at I can cut and look big and ripped.

Kabuki do you agree that when you have more bodyfat you can gain muscle faster . Than staying lean all year round.

In other words if you take a powerlifter that lifts heavy, eats clean(surplus calories) and some bodyfat , when he does get huuge and cuts he'll be a lot bigger than the guy who stays lean year after year and try's to add muscle?

Most of the biggest bodybuilders were once massive power lifter's, than got shedded up and destroyed the competition that stayed lean year round. Once you get big sure you can stay lean, in till than this is my goal.
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

27. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Body fat has dropped quite a bit Kabuki. I'm cutting too, not too long though. I made the mistake two years ago of cutting too much. Right now Its ok for me to get a lil pudge, I can always do a mini-cut to control it. I'll not diet down extremely any more in till I have put on more mass Than when I'm where I'm at I can cut and look big and ripped.

Kabuki do you agree that when you have more bodyfat you can gain muscle faster . Than staying lean all year round.

In other words if you take a powerlifter that lifts heavy, eats clean(surplus calories) and some bodyfat , when he does get huuge and cuts he'll be a lot bigger than the guy who stays lean year after year and try's to add muscle?

Most of the biggest bodybuilders were once massive power lifter's, than got shedded up and destroyed the competition that stayed lean year round. Once you get big sure you can stay lean, in till than this is my goal.
    That is what i believe and what I have done. At this point I don't really want to get any bigger. So its time to do my final cut to get lean and stabalize. But that is why I have carried the excess fat for many years now.

I know many argue otherwise but I've never bought it. You can obviously gain lean mass while staying lean...but not as effiecinelty as when your above 12-15% fat.

It will probably take me a good year to get down were I want to be. I'm cutting fairly aggressivly right now to make a wieght class change and after that It will be much slower.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs

28. this is great.
    the GHR stretches look awesome for bench positioning.

the WOD looks scary. I have some decent tightness in my low back with that standing movement, id like to work on this quite a bit...

great posting bud, glad to hear your feeling better

29. If you here i have been killed in a freak gym accident, it is because i tried the stretch on the GHR. Good ****.

30. Quote Originally Posted by jcp2 View Post
    If you here i have been killed in a freak gym accident, it is because i tried the stretch on the GHR. Good ****.

LOL

didn't know you guys would like my unique stretches so much. i've got a video just showing bench setup stretching but i did that one before experimenting with the GHR.

go all the way around and then push on the floor with your hands. pause it then stretch a little further. repeat. Great quick way to loosen up the stomach prior to benching.
    880 Squat w/Wraps @ 220
    Sponsored by USPLabs
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:52 PM
  2. 8 Weeks Out Video Prep Log
    By Beast in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 12:35 PM
  3. Replies: 4