Glen's redemption log

Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    its an old rugby injury (actually 2 injuries) i separated my shoulder twice at the AC joint and flat bench press and close grip really kill it ... i tried the smith machine on your and ubi's advice and it didn't really do anything to lessen the pain .. its a sharp shooting pain so its not really bearable ... oh well just another tri exercise out the window haha
    I had horrible tendonitis in my left arm that has been greatly improved with cissus...but even so I still no longer do skull crushers with the EZ bar. They hurt so much until I finally tried doing them with dumbbells. I didn't like the idea as I just liked using th EZ bar but they became pain free once I switched.

I also had to do the same thing with CGBP a while back. They were ripping my elbows and wrists apart, then I started doing them on a decline bench. I don't know what it was, the change in angle or w/e but the pain also disappeared too.

Oh by the way, I wouldn't worry about it much anyway. Your back and legs are strong as **** man!!!! BB rowing 315 for reps at your height and weight! DAMN!!!!! Your hack squats aren't too shabby either.. NICE WORK!

2. mikey - i'll try switching some stuff up and thanks for your kind words

t-bar rows -
    4 plates - 10
    5 plates - 8
    5 + 25 - 6
    low cable rows -
    180 - 10
    190 - 8
    200 - 7
    wide grip pullups
    BW - 10
    BW - 8
    BW - 8

alt incline DB curls -
    50 - 10
    55 - 10
    60 - 8
    hammer curls
    50 - 10
    55 - 10
    60 - 10

3. strong friggin back and bis... Tbar is mad heavy.. mad mad mad heavy.

4. i've gotta make up for my chest movements with something haha

thanks ubi

5. here are some pics i took tonight

12/8 Glen pics

6. 12/11

flat DB press-
    110 - 10
    115 - 7
    120 - 4
    incline DB press-
    90 - 10
    95 - 8
    100 - 4
    cable flies-
    90 - 10
    90 - 10

overhead DB ext-
    95 - 10
    100 - 10
    105 - 9
    rope pulldowns
    110 - 10
    120 - 10

7. atta boy, those DB presses are getting up there.

8. thanks ubi -- they've actually been better but my shoulder is really becoming a problem .. i've gotta figure out a course of action .. i can still lift it just burns while doing it

anyway off from the gym today .. finals period and i've got too much studying to do to sacrifice the hour in the gym the 30 minutes total travel time and the subsequent two hours when i'm just dead from leg day haha .. "back" at it friday (pun intended)

9. I did cross-fiber treatment and rotator exercises, along with ultrasound and accupuncture, and my shoulder problem healed up quick.

Turns out the lady I go to doesn't do active release as you referred me to, but what she did help me tremendously.

I know all to well that burning feeling from pressing. Good luck with that.

10. i've just gotta get back to my chiro for some ART and start doing certain shoulder movements to activate the muscle before working out ... i'm just a lazy bum sometimes

11. Hey Glen, I don't really see you doing any shoulder/delt work. Is that because of your injury or do you just feel your delts get enough work from chest and back days. Just curious

Kickass log by the way

12. thanks leggo

actually for whatever reason, aside from lateral delts, shoulder movements don't both me ... its really just flat presses

anyway i feel my delts get enough work indirectly ... on occassion i will do a few sets of shoulder presses here and there i just never mention them because it really will be just 2 sets

13. Cool, reason I ask is I was thinking of running a training split similar to the one in the beginning of your log. How often do you do deads? You mentioned earlier every week is too taxing on the CNS. I usually do them every week, or at least every other week,on a more traditional split, but I am open to suggestions... Sorry to hijack your log.

14. no hijack man .. logs like this are to help everyone including the logger learn

shoulders would be done with the A workouts

i would do true deads probably once a month and rack deads once a month

15. Thanks man.

16. 12/15

rack deads-
    405 - 10
    455 - 8
    495 - 6
    close grip reverse grip pulldowns
    200 - 10
    210 - 8
    220 -6
    low cable rows
    190 - 10
    200 - 8

preacher curls
    45's on ez curl - 10
    50's - 8
    55's - 4
    hammer curls
    50's - 10
    60's - 4

i really need a week off ... i'm getting absolutely exhausted during my workouts and i'm positive my CNS is fried (the marathon study sessions every day aren't helping either) ... but much like my stubborn, bald friend beelzebub i'm just gonna suck it up and workout next week and then take christmas week off

17. looks like I'm in the stubborn club with you two.

18. hurray for stubborness!! ... and if i may .. hurray for boobies!

19. hazzah! hip hip hazzah for boobies and berginias!

20. lol, **** man, i can't make it that long. today's workout was a major indicator of how bad i need time off.

21. 12/18

actually had a great workout today .. no clue how

flat DB press-
    110 - 10
    115 - 8
    120 - 7
    incline DB press-
    95 - 10
    100 - 9
    105 - 7
    DB flies
    60 - 10
    65 - 8

double overhead ext
    100 - 10
    105 - 10
    115 - 7
    rope pulldowns
    120 - 12
    140 - 10

22. crap! Did you eat pancakes or something?

23. haha actually my roommate did make chocolate chip pancakes yesterday morning .. actually just for fun here's what i ate yesterday lol

- 6 LARGE chocolate chip pancakes (roughly 6 inches in diameter) and a huge glass of milk

- tuna salad on a pita and then a rice pudding

- at least 20 bagel chips with spinach dip

- about 60 square inches of brownie

- chicken and mozzarella panini

- 2 tablespoons of metamucil and a casein protein shake

obviously the secret to a great workout the next day

24. Wow we must be dialed into the same consciousness or some sh1t... Saturday was cheatday extravaganza.. I ate 3 Thomas English Muffins with Eggs in them, 4 kodiak flapjacks, 4 cups of oatmeal with 40g of Butter Toffee Whey....9 spicy tuna rolls and 4 spicy salmon rolls, 12 4" gluten free pancakes, 12 homemade chocolate chip cookies, Kung Pao, Beef panang, and 50g of Casein with oatmeal before bed... from what I remember... I had beer too... yesterday I just ate beef and eggs all day though.

back to your thread.

25. Hey Glen,
    I've been following in the shadows and was wondering if you are making the kind of gains you want now that you switched up your workout's ?
    I think I am gonna "steal" your first workout. I like the idea of the A & B workouts. Did I count right that you had around 3 different A & B routines? It appears that you are actually doing alot of switching up of exercises on the that workout plan,(which is a good thing of course.)

26. my gains now have been like my gains before .. slow and steady .. i never see huge increases in body weight or weights used in lifts, but my progress picked up a bit after stalling for a bit once i changed my program

i'm going to back to the other one in the new year .. i just like it a lot better .. i enjoy being in the gym more with it

and definitely do that workout .. workouts like that are tremendous

27. I just came off a modified HST routine and had to take some time off myself. My joints were really sore afterwards, especially my shoulders.
    I'm just wandering around lost in the gym right now testing 'working weights' with different exercises till after the new year starts. Then I'm gonna try your workout for awhile.

28. Hey glen,
    I started a DC style routine similar to what you had at the onset of this thread.

Tues - Thurs - sat

*a- workout*
    -warm up with 2 sets dips and 2 sets wide grip chins
    -BB bench press: 2 warm ups, 2 working sets till failure
    -bent BB rows: 2 warm ups, 2 working sets till failure
    -close grip pulldowns: with v-handle 1 warm up, 2 sets to failure
    -skull crushers: 1 warm up 2 sets to failure

after last set of each exercise, I do 30 sec. of deep fascial stretching (which is excruciating, but amazing)

*b- workout*
    -alternating DB curls: 2 warm ups, 2 sets till failure
    -Squats: 3 warm ups and 2 sets to almost failure
    -leg extension: 1 warmup, 1 set to failure with 10 sec pause and squeeze out as many as I can... usually 4-5 more
    SLDL: 2 warm ups, 1 set balls out

Deep fascial stretching after last set of each exercise

I've been following this routine now for 3 weeks and have been on maintenence cals on workout days and 300 cals deficit on off days. On just staple supps: creatine, alcar, fish oil, ala and other basic vitamins and minerals.
    Here is what I've noticed. I weigh the same as before but noticably leaner and have lost almost an inch on my waist. But the biggest thing is that my muscles feel pumped all the time (I've gotten more than a few comments by friends and family that I am looking "bigger"). I feel very full and my strength and muscular endurance has increased. I have always followed a traditional 5 days on and 2 days off split and a different muscle gruop each W/O and progress was always modest at best... I dont think I will ever go back to the old 5 day split again

Bro down

29. great to hear man!

well back in the gym for the first time in 3 weeks ... the holidays were very fun but not kind to my physique lol

day 1
    chest - DB press
    100 - 10
    105 - 8
    110 - 4

back thickness - BB rows
    225 - 10
    245 - 8
    265 - 6

back width - close grip reverse grip pulldowns
    200 - 10
    210 - 8
    220 - 6

tris - rope pulldowns
    140 - 10
    150 - 10
    150 - 10

pics from this weekend posted here Glen's Mass FX log

30. when it comes to incline db press my problem is gettin the weights up to do the first rep after that its easy
    what should i do to increase my strength since i dont have a spoter

Similar Forum Threads

1. Tropinol XP - IntimidateSRT redemption log getting boosted
    By Budman7811 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 03:06 PM
  2. JZ's X-Mass/Epi Redemption Log! :)
    By JZ7757 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 10:30 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 02:57 AM
  4. Glen's training log (better than beelze's)
    By glenihan in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 10:16 AM
  5. Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps
    By NickW in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 02:16 AM