Glen's redemption log

Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last
  1. Buff Bagwell

hey glenihan I am going to be doing a routine that mirrors the one at the beginning of your log. The only thing I was wondering is why you stuck with flat db press so long on your chest days.

Is there a specific reason, because I was thinking of switching it up like one day flat bb and next day incline db..just to hit it from diff. angles..what do you think???

2. Buff Bagwell

I was also going to ask in the last post how long you take between sets...?I know on you original post you a few months back you said 2-3 minutes but I was just wondering because I have also heard 60 seconds...
    •   

3. switching up is a great idea .. i sometimes just like to stick with an exercise until i feel like i've truly plateaued .. then i'll go on to another and stick with that

and sometimes i like to switch exercises each workout ... to be honest i don't think it makes a huge difference other than psychologically (and when dealing with things like deads where it would kill the CNS to do them so often)

i now go 2-3 minutes between sets .. i like it a lot better than 60 seconds .. just don't think its enough

4. 11/20

chest
    flat DB press
    105s -10
    110 - 8
    115 - 7
    incline BB press
    215 - 10
    235 - 7
    255 - 4
    DB flies
    55 - 9
    60 - 6

tris
    close grip bench
    135 - 8
    155 - 6 (i'm terrible at this exercise .. always have been i'm not sure why .. i do try to keep very strict form .. plus they bother my left shoulder)
    rope pushdowns
    80 - 10
    90 - 6
    100 - 6

i felt very strong during my chest exercises and those pounds should continue to go up

5. CG on regular bench hurts my shoulders, but on a smith, it's painless. tried it that way yet? strong work in any case.
    •   

6. agreed, smith CGBP is easier on the shoulders... but both kill my wrists, unless I space my hands farther apart.. then it's not a proper CGBP.

your presses are getting stronger Tiger... I like... I like very much.

7. i put my index on the smooth and tuck elbows in, works great for my tri's. and with the smith, you don't have to worry about balance, just emphasizing tri's.

8. i'm definitely gonna use the smith next time we do CGBP

11/21

worked out today because i'm leaving to go to my parents early tomorrow and didn't want to deal with working out that early

quads
    squats-
    315 - 15
    365 - 15
    405 - 6 (got really tired really fast on this haha)
    leg ext
    230 - 12
    250 - 12
    265 - 10

hams
    GHR -
    BW - 10
    BW - 10
    BW - 7 (felt a sharp twinge and didn't want to press it so i stopped hamstrings)

twinging my hamstring bothered me and i just split after that not doing calves .. i'm really too lazy with my calves gotta stop that

9. that's a hell of a strong session... must have been pretty gassed after your second set of squats, but you pulled it out.

Your GHR's are solid..

hammy tweaks are scary, hopefully it's nothing.

10. thanks ubi ... i feel totally fine today no problems with the hammy so i thinki should be good

11. hams seem to be your 'funny' area, similar to my pecs. keep an eye on it brutha, might be a warning.

12. Hey glenihan I'm new to the board as you can see, and I was just wondering if you also incorperate the 5 second negs and explosive positives with the higher volume training that you just started?

13. I switched it up and just go with controlled reps 2 sec up 2 sec down or thereabouts ... i did this for no other reason except just to switch things up and keep my body guessing and hopefully responding

14. 11/27 i missed friday's workout because i was out of town

chest
    flat BB press
    235 - 10
    255 - 7
    265 - 5
    incline DB press
    95 - 10
    100 - 7
    105 - 7
    cable flies
    9 - 9
    8 - 10

tris
    skulls (first time doing these in a while)
    45's on the ez curl bar - 10
    55's - 4 (elbow felt like it caught on fire .. these are out again now)

bar pushdowns
    100 - 10
    110 - 8

15. Glen, do you have a close grip on the EZ, or do you use the wider cambered part? I notice my elbows don't hurt as much when using the wide grip.... but ****, I have the same problem when I go heavy regardless, so nevermind.

My EZ bar at my gym weights about 30lbs. If yours did, then the 140lb set would do that for sure...

Anyways, daddy like... when's your next Deadlift day?

16. i use a close grip .. never have tried the wide grip i'll give that a shot at some point though thanks for the tip

next deadlift day will likely be a week from friday although that might be rack deads we shall see

17. 11/29

quads
    leg press -
    270 - 8
    360 - 8
    450 - 8
    530 - 8
    leg ext -
    250 - 10
    260 - 10

hams
    SLDL
    225 - 10
    315 - 8
    365 - 7
    lying leg curls
    3 plates - 9
    3 plates - 8

calves
    seated calf raises
    3 plates x 12 x 3 about 2 minutes per set

18. didn't get to post fridays workout

12/1
    back
    BB rows
    275 - 10
    295 - 8
    315 - 7
    close grip wide grip lat pulldowns
    200 - 10
    225 - 8
    240 - 6
    low cable rows
    190 - 10
    200 - 9
    210 - 7

bis
    straight bar curls
    115 - 10
    135 - 8
    145 - 5
    p*ssy ass cable curls
    9 - 10
    9 - 10

19. 12/4

chest
    flat BB press
    225 - 10
    245 - 8
    265 - 6 (these things kill my left shoulder so i'm working my way up very slowly)
    incline DB press
    100 - 10
    105 - 8
    110 - 6
    DB flies
    60 - 10
    60 - 8

tris
    close grip smith press
    135 - 10
    185 - shoulder died .. F these things
    rope pulldowns
    95 - 10

had to end workout .. i guess my training partner and i did too much chit chatting because normally i have time to finish oh well

20. strong work fella. shoulder died on CGBP smith? never heard of that.

21. its an old rugby injury (actually 2 injuries) i separated my shoulder twice at the AC joint and flat bench press and close grip really kill it ... i tried the smith machine on your and ubi's advice and it didn't really do anything to lessen the pain .. its a sharp shooting pain so its not really bearable ... oh well just another tri exercise out the window haha

22. i hear ya. skulls just got thrown out of mine.

23. Damn Glen thats a girly close grip bench. Just playing man. I think it's amazing how one exercise you can smoke someone in then another they can smoke you. Just goes to show how different we all are. Enough of my rambling back to work

24. i know what you mean man ... i'm just so miserable at close grip its honestly laughable .. oh well my other tri movements are solid

25. damn skippy, you're solid buddy.. I know what it's like having a hinderance from an old injury.. Nice work on your other movements though.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Tropinol XP - IntimidateSRT redemption log getting boosted
    By Budman7811 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 03:06 PM
  2. JZ's X-Mass/Epi Redemption Log! :)
    By JZ7757 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-17-2009, 10:30 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 02:57 AM
  4. Glen's training log (better than beelze's)
    By glenihan in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 10:16 AM
  5. Redemption: My workout log up to my next two comps
    By NickW in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 02:16 AM