Beelze training log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 12

Beelze training log

Page 12 of 58 First ... 7101112131417 ... Last
  1. New Member

i have a quick question, im currently three days deep in a haladrol cycle and iim not sure how intense i should work out one source tells me day1 back bi's day2chest triceps day3 legs day4 shoulder lats than [B]2/B] days of rest while the other is telling me i shouldnt need to take days off as long as im switching muscle groups every day

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ktw
    So basically planned progression
    http://moviesoundscentral.com/sounds...n/bigbrain.wav
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    i take a week off every 6 weeks. that's my cruise. going into the gym and screwing around with light weights ain't a workout for me. i know me, and i know i'd go straight to a heavy set. so, it's easier just to take a week off. JMO.
    You do any cardio or anything during that rest wk? Or do you just adjust your diet and do nothing? And how do you actually start to feel overtrained at the 6 wk mark or do you just take it off as a precaution? Thx, i am curious because I am going to hit that 6 wk mark pretty soon training this style and I am wondering if and how I should take it off. Thanks B! (Oh and by the way this program is amazing, I love DC)
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

nope, i don't touch anything for that week. it's rest week, so i rest. i don't adjust my diet either, stays the same. as for the 6 week mark, sometimes i feel that i need it, other times i don't. either way, i take it because i believe it's required. hitting heavy weights for that long of a period is bound to take it's toll, either sooner or later. so, as barney fife would say "nip it in the bud."
  5. New Member

lol sounds like its the safe thing to do.
  6. New Member

One more quick thing, you keep your kcal's just as high when your training on your off wk? Your not concerned about putting on too much fat with the calorie surplus?
  7. Senior Member

no wonder you're hitting so many PRs every workout! Having ~6 weeks between every attempt of the same exercise at a certain weight/rep range, ya big puss

I'm currently on a 2 week exercise rotation (4 day split, 4 different exercises), and I've been hitting 10-20lb PRs almost every go (legs are a lil overworked right now, backing off slightly and changing the exercise selection) while cutting down. I'm having better results with this than anything else I've ever tried.

Oh yeah, and Ubi is a strange, strange man.
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo

Yes.......very strange
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

somewhere around that, lol. usually hit the same exercise every 10 days. seems to be working just fine though so i ain't complaining. as for the rep range, i'm always going all out hoping for as many as possible but it generally ends up being an increase of 2 or 3 (on a great day).

btw, ex, i had sent you an email but to no avail. wanted you to judge the squat for it's depth. i know i need to sit back more and the only way to do that is widen my stance. any other pointers?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hbs6
    One more quick thing, you keep your kcal's just as high when your training on your off wk? Your not concerned about putting on too much fat with the calorie surplus?
    not concerned at all. i'm consistently hanging around 265lbs and i'm happy here.
  11. Board Supporter

i'm going to hijack real quick, what helped me start to sit back more was place the camera right next to me and tape all warmups, each time move my hips back first and a lot more and then keep sitting back and bend over at the same time, keeping my shoulders, knees, and ankles all in line. all the while trying to keep my shins as perpendicular to the floor is possible. took me a couple times to get it but once you get it it's easy. just think shoot hips back first, like you're sittin on the sh!tter
  12. Board Supporter

oh, and dont face the mirror, makes a world of difference
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

yeah, that's what it feels like i'm doing. it looks all gravy until i try to get that last couple inches of depth and it looks like my knees come forward. i'm going to try it again with the same stance and attempt to sit back more before switching anything up.
  14. Board Supporter

yeah, that's what it feels like i'm doing. it looks all gravy until i try to get that last couple inches of depth and it looks like my knees come forward. i'm going to try it again with the same stance and attempt to sit back more before switching anything up.
    same thing happens to me, my big ass legs push against my calves and push them forward. i willsay this though, with briefs or a suit on it makes it a lot easier to sit back mroe
  15. Senior Member

you're not arching hard enough. Push your knees out more as you go down in the squat too. Really focus on pushing the knees out, "spreading the floor" with your feet and pushing up on the weight with your shoulders and back and you should nail depth no problem. Those squats looked ok though, you'd get 2 whites on those at least, if you don't hang out in the hole too long

Remedy? More good mornings... I can't raw squat as much as you and I do 405x5 GMs. Safety bar squats would be a huge help here too. Also, sit on a box with your legs spread and knees bent (just don't do this too near ubi) as if you were in the bottom of the squat, put your feet in each end of a green band, then take the band and wrap it AROUND your knees so that the band is trying to pull your knees in together. Then push your knees out 5-10 times (whatever you can handle short of failure, if you get up around 15 switch to a strong band) - do this a couple times a day every day and you will sit back strong in the squat.

As for squatting wider, keep going wider as your flexibility allows, the only real key is that your knees have to be over your feet in the hole
  16. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Beelzie, Kop, Ex, all you fellas, I have a question for you. My feet are bowed out, as in when my knees are facing forward both my feet stick out a little bit. Now, I had been doing squats trying to correct my stance by sticking my feet straight forward as possible. However, I think if I let me feet lie naturally I could go deeper in my squat, as in both farther back and deeper in inches. Is it alright to squat with my feet in a more natural position?
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

What you don't want PL guidence and technique from me? I feel hurt man and we go way back. You know, back at that place that one night. You know man, you know...Good times, good times.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

i was told feet straight is quite dangerous. mine are somewhere between 35-40 degrees outward, feels very natural.

thanks for the tips ex.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

ex, also, is that band technique pretty much the same as doing abductor/inductor machines? you know, the girlie looking ones.
  20. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

i was told feet straight is quite dangerous. mine are somewhere between 35-40 degrees outward, feels very natural.

thanks for the tips ex.
    That's what I thought too. Makes much more sense, my feet just naturally bow out, and it feels like I could be putting up like 40lbs more if I would go wider, deeper, and more at an angle. Gracias Beelzie. And don't worry man, you'll catch upto me one day...
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo

In reality, I am just yearning for you all to love me.

I already have snared Beez into my tentacles of love... You sir, are next.

On a serious note, I want to commend you guys for the treasure trove of info that you've contributed to the site. This thread is one of the best, not only because my life partner is the progenitor of it, but because many equally helpful people chime in regularly.

asskissing session terminated.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

i used to use shoulder width, feet straight as well and had numerous knees issues. you can't really sit back in that position, very unsafe IMO. hell, i had to put 10lbs plates under my heels just so i could reach parallel in that position.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiquitous
    In reality, I am just yearning for you all to love me.

I already have snared Beez into my tentacles of love... You sir, are next.

On a serious note, I want to commend you guys for the treasure trove of info that you've contributed to the site. This thread is one of the best, not only because my life partner is the progenitor of it, but because many equally helpful people chime in regularly.

asskissing session terminated.
    i love you too sweetpea.
  24. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

i love you too sweetpea.
    Awww..Young love..Maybe someday I'll be somebody's sweetpea
  25. New Member

ex, also, is that band technique pretty much the same as doing abductor/inductor machines? you know, the girlie looking ones.
    I know this isn't to me, but I though I'd chime in. Yes it is like the abductor/adductor machines- By sitting and having that much hip flexion with those machines -it's not a great way to hit those same muscles. A much better way would be using ankle straps and attaching to a free motion machine, and doing them standing bringing one knee up in front of you and then extending that same knee while kicking out to the side of you. IMO it's a better way to do it. Hopefully that makes sense. Also you could try squatting with a band around your legs right above the knees, like ex was talking about doing while sitting. During the squat just keep fighting the band to keep your knees in line with your toes.
  26. Board Supporter

exmgq made me do box squats with a ssb, they'll fix you up real quick
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

5/25 - quads/hams/forearms/bi's/calves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

leg press
    rack x 20
    200 x 10
    400 x 8
    690 x 6
    960 x 3
    1445 x 6 PR (fail on 7)
    90 second stretch

lying leg curls
    100 x 10
    180 x 3
    270 x 8 PR
    60 second stretch

behind back barbell forearm curls
    185 x 21
    135 x 20

cable rope curls
    100 x 10
    140 x 10
    180 x 6
    240 x 22 PR (rest pause at 10 and 16)
    60 second stretch

donkey calves
    3 sets of SB routine

no time for cardio
  28. Registered User

Hey Beelz, have you always made ridiculously fast gains like this or do you credit much of it to your DC-style training?

I think I'm gonna try something like this come mid-July. I'm just starting to skim the DC stickies at IronMass.
  29. Senior Member

the band leg exercise is a lot like the abductor/adductor machine at your local gym, however not only does it look less gay, but it has more carryover to squat performance since it more closely matches the conditions under which a squat takes place.
  30. ktw
    Advanced Member

I always wondered why a girl would need strong abductor/adductor muscles.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

I always wondered why a girl would need strong abductor/adductor muscles.
    Oh you need to be with a woman that has strong adductor muscles to really answer that one for yourself...
  32. ktw
    Advanced Member

So I'm guessing its just for increased stability when they are in the top position? I'm serious here.
  33. Board Supporter

So I'm guessing its just for increased stability when they are in the top position? I'm serious here.

your hips(ad/abductors) are important throughout the entire lift
  34. New Member

Are the sets that I've bolded the only working sets? Is everything else a warmup to that one set (or two in some case)?

5/25 - quads/hams/forearms/bi's/calves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

leg press
    rack x 20
    200 x 10
    400 x 8
    690 x 6
    960 x 3
    1445 x 6 PR (fail on 7)
    90 second stretch

lying leg curls
    100 x 10
    180 x 3
    270 x 8 PR
    60 second stretch

behind back barbell forearm curls
    185 x 21
    135 x 20

cable rope curls
    100 x 10
    140 x 10
    180 x 6
    240 x 22 PR (rest pause at 10 and 16)
    60 second stretch

donkey calves
    3 sets of SB routine
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

beo, i wouldn't consider these ridiculous gains, just consistent ones. before when i was doing a traditional 'kill the muscle once a week' programs, i was a lot less knowledgeable about progressive overload and it's effectiveness. i used to be of the mindset that i wouldn't go up in weight unless i got 6 strict reps with the current weight. and so, i'd go up and a lot of the times i just couldn't exceed 4-5 no matter how hard i tried or worked at it. then i started reading DC's cycles for pennies thread and i picked a few things out that made sense, i.e. - the same exercise can't work forever or we'd all be leg pressing 50 plates per side by now. change is a necessity. so, i took that principle and mixed it with progressive overload and it has worked wonders. i'll never drop squats but i'll never do the same weight two weeks in a row either. if i get 495 x 10 one week and get 505 x 8 next week, that's ok - keep moving up by 10lbs each week regardless and you WILL surpass your previous PR once you work up to it again. however, i wouldn't advise progressive overload for every exercise, just the main ones. i've tried it on smaller muscle groups and it doesn't work that way, lol.

brick, yes. i work up in weight with low reps until i get to my 'all-out' set. then, it's balls to the walls go until you can't go anymore. if for some reason you don't beat your previous rep scheme, it may be time to drop that exercise and move to something else, as per DC protocol.
  36. ktw
    Advanced Member

So do you establish a goal, say a 3rm or 1rm that is better than your previous one, drop down to 75% of that or something and every week load and load so that once it comes time for that 90% or 100% lift it is a heavier weight than before? Sounds fairly simple, most 5x5's do something exactly the same, I should be trying that in the future.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

yup, drop down to 75% of your newest 1RM and work your way back up. you're guaranteed to pass it next time. i wasn't completely convinced of it's effectiveness until using it for squats. i had worked up to 535 x 1, and couldn't get 545 up. so, on a whim, i dropped to 405 and each week added 10lbs. i later found out this was called progressive overload and sure enough when i reached 545 again, i got an easy 3.
  38. Registered User

Thanks, Beelz. :squat:

I can't wait to try this. I should be lean enough by Mid-July to start increasing cals again, at which point I want to do something totally different. I don't want to pop my cherry with this style of training while running a deficit 5-6 days/week.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

change is always fun

5/26 - chest/shoulders/tri's/back
    hammer iso-wide 2/2 (with squeeze at top)
    90 x 20
    180 x 10
    270 x 10
    360 x 8
    460 x 18 PR (rest pause after 11 and 14)
    70 second stretch

hammer military
    90 x 10
    180 x 3
    270 x 3
    410 x 2 PR
    60 second stretch

straight bar pressdowns
    100 x 20
    140 x 12
    180 x 6
    220 x 6
    280 x 16 PR
    60 second stretch

rack chins (index on ring)
    BW x 6
    add 6 plates x 8 PR
    followed by drop set
    3 plates x 8
    BW x max (don't remember)
    60 second stretch

hypers
    BW + 90lbs x 17 PR

5 out of 5

cardio.....only lasted 5 mins, lower back was cramping up horrible from the hypers.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.

oh yeah Beez? I'm hitting PR's after PCT.. 12lbs lighter and scrawnier! BOOYACKA SHOT BUMBA CLOT BATTY BOYEEEEE

Ubi=3
    Beez=2
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Glen's training log (better than beelze's)
    By glenihan in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 08:16 AM
  2. KELSEYs training log-strength hypertrophy split
    By kelsey in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 11:35 PM
  3. Dunimous Training Log
    By dunimous in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 08:18 AM
  4. Multiple training logs