Tyr's log, get in here.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
  1. Tyr's log, get in here.

The following thread will be updates on my progress to being a better me. I started at 305lbs and have now gone down to 249lbs in the last 8 weeks or so. I have a somewhat unorthodox diet and will continue to update on meals, workouts, and anything else involving this mission of mine. I take criticism very well, so send it. If you see a potential problem with what i am doing, then lets discuss it because more than likely that objective view looking in can see things that i can not. i will post a picture of me at 300+lbs and ill post one of last week.
    Goals:
    Drop down to 230-235 lbs by Jan 1, 2018.
    Drop down to 220 lbs by 6 months (unless I am building insane muscle).
    To look better naked.
    To get stronger.
    I am 6'
    249lbs
    probably considered obese.
    10 years ago, i was a power lifter then went body builder. I leaned out while i was in the military and (due to some injuries and laziness) got really fat after i got out. Current goal is to not look like a fat bag of sh***.

2. First two are from the beginning of sept. The other two are last week.Name:  tapatalk_1540491514323.jpeg
Views: 99
Size:  8.1 KBName:  tapatalk_1540491519809.jpeg
Views: 99
Size:  12.4 KBName:  20181025_045400.jpeg
Views: 100
Size:  42.0 KBName:  20181025_045421.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  42.4 KB
    10 years ago, i was a power lifter then went body builder. I leaned out while i was in the military and (due to some injuries and laziness) got really fat after i got out. Current goal is to not look like a fat bag of sh***.
    •   

3. SUB!

4. Nice progress so far! In to follow
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights."
    R.C.
    •   

5. You got a solid base! All I know is, Iím not wearing a diaper for losing the challenge

So, best of luck!
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

6. Awesome work brother. We are pretty much in the exact same position in our goals. Except I was 320 5'10, over year ago, then hovered at 290-300 for several months. Then I turned it up and lost 50lbs over the last 2.5 months or so. You got this man just keep it up.
    A couple of things about losing too fast is potentially easy rebound if you let up for too long, and it can leave some unwanted lose skin, stretch marks, etc. But you look like you have some good muscle mass and your back looks like it will shape up nicely. I'm noticing the same, my back is shaping up and my ass doesn't stick out near as much.
    I've been doing liss cardio for 45min to an hour before I do my 30-45mins of weight training 4-5 times a week.
    I also do IF and try to stay around 35carbs, 25 fat, and 40 protein. Or at least carbs = protein. and most days im below 2000 cals. Or 250-500 below maintenance, according to my Samsung health app.
    As far as supps go, I'm more of a non ph, aas guy. But I really like Radiate caps pre, and BPI BCAA SHREDDED intra workout. When I lost that last 50lbs, I was running 8 weeks True Shred, Radiate, and Recomp Rx. I plan on running TS, Radiate, and Assassinate after the holidays because it was a solid stack for me and I really want to drop another 50 lbs or so.
    Even if you choose to not use supps, you got this! In for support and inspiration!

7. In.
    I see a lot of guys get obsessed with the numbers.
    Keep strength a priority too. You look strong bro. Squats deads bench. Do at least one of those every workout.
    Good job so far!

8. Subbed for gainzzz

9. This looks like fun!
    "I've never seen anyone change his mind because of the power of a superior argument or the acquisition of new facts. But I've seen plenty of people change behavior to avoid being mocked." -Scott Adams

10. I’m in. I lost over 70 pounds 3 years ago by tracking macros, lifting, and running. You can do this, man!

11. In. Maybe watching somebody else kickin a$$ will motivate me to get back at it
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

12. in for support. lets see what you can do, big guy!!!
    ICONIC FORMULATIONS REPRESENTATIVE

use code THEBIGT for 25% off

13. It's really good to see all the support in here. I was actually worried that this would be another empty thread. So Thank you for being here. The following is this past week's workout sheet. Every Sunday i redesign my next week's workout to adjust what was too easy. I also do this because my body tells me some workouts, or super-sets are in the wrong places causing conflicting situations. An Example: I know that i have significant lower back problems. Therefore, I found out this week that some of the super-sets on deadlift-day hurt badly on leg-day. Enough so that it makes leg-day un-fun and non motivating. So i adjust. let me know what you think. I follow this plan fairly closely; however, i do add sets if I'm getting a good pump and I subtract weight if I can't handle it without a spotter (i workout at 3:30am hardly anyone there to spot).

14. Name:  wrkout5pic1.PNG
Views: 67
Size:  125.2 KBName:  wrkoutwk5pic2.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  140.4 KBName:  wrkoutwk5pic3.JPG
Size:  99.4 KBName:  wrkoutwk5pic4.JPG
Size:  133.7 KBName:  wrkoutwk5pic5.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  52.6 KB
    Last edited by James Tyr; 10-28-2018 at 06:16 PM. Reason: pictures acting weird

15. Quote Originally Posted by James Tyr View Post
    Name:  wrkout5pic1.PNG
Size:  125.2 KBName:  wrkoutwk5pic2.JPG
Size:  140.4 KBName:  wrkoutwk5pic3.JPG
Size:  99.4 KBName:  wrkoutwk5pic4.JPG
Size:  133.7 KBName:  wrkoutwk5pic5.JPG
Views: 65
Size:  52.6 KB
    Am I missing something this only shows 5 sets of Incline DB Flys and some cardio. Did it not upload all the way? Never mind uploaded all the way after I quoted it.
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

16. Quote Originally Posted by James Tyr View Post
    It's really good to see all the support in here. I was actually worried that this would be another empty thread. So Thank you for being here. The following is this past week's workout sheet. Every Sunday i redesign my next week's workout to adjust what was too easy. I also do this because my body tells me some workouts, or super-sets are in the wrong places causing conflicting situations. An Example: I know that i have significant lower back problems. Therefore, I found out this week that some of the super-sets on deadlift-day hurt badly on leg-day. Enough so that it makes leg-day un-fun and non motivating. So i adjust. let me know what you think. I follow this plan fairly closely; however, i do add sets if I'm getting a good pump and I subtract weight if I can't handle it without a spotter (i workout at 3:30am hardly anyone there to spot).
    doms are one thing, actual pain from lifting is not good. many times bad form is the culprit.
    ICONIC FORMULATIONS REPRESENTATIVE

use code THEBIGT for 25% off

17. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    doms are one thing, actual pain from lifting is not good. many times bad form is the culprit.
    It very well could be. I do have some limitations as far as old military injuries. Without a doubt i do baby my lower back for sure.

18. Quote Originally Posted by James Tyr View Post
    It very well could be. I do have some limitations as far as old military injuries. Without a doubt i do baby my lower back for sure.
    Dont let those old military injuries hold you back. The best thing I did for my injuries was start lifting again. I feel better, and have been off my cane for almost 5 years now.

19. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    Dont let those old military injuries hold you back. The best thing I did for my injuries was start lifting again. I feel better, and have been off my cane for almost 5 years now.
    Thats incredible. How did you get over the days where it was unbearable? Any tips?i stopped taking alot of my pain meds cause i really dont like taking them unless i need to.

20. Quote Originally Posted by James Tyr View Post
    Thats incredible. How did you get over the days where it was unbearable? Any tips?i stopped taking alot of my pain meds cause i really dont like taking them unless i need to.
    I gave all my pain meds up. And as I lost the weight. I was 212 lbs at 5'9. Things started to feel better. I started eating right, taking my vitamins like I should, and started lifting and doing cardio. Remember, what they use to say in the military everday. "PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY". Use that as motivation. Go light on the weights and do more reps if need be, and make sure your diet is spot on. As I said, as the weight comes off the pain goes away. I still have my days. But, if I can come back from a broken neck, and back, and everything else I had. I know you can do it to brother. I'm not even suppose to be walking right now, and the docs told me not to lift anything over 5 lbs and to take pain meds. That got me to a bad place. When I went against them is when I found myself again.

21. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    I gave all my pain meds up. And as I lost the weight. I was 212 lbs at 5'9. Things started to feel better. I started eating right, taking my vitamins like I should, and started lifting and doing cardio. Remember, what they use to say in the military everday. "PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY". Use that as motivation. Go light on the weights and do more reps if need be, and make sure your diet is spot on. As I said, as the weight comes off the pain goes away. I still have my days. But, if I can come back from a broken neck, and back, and everything else I had. I know you can do it to brother. I'm not even suppose to be walking right now, and the docs told me not to lift anything over 5 lbs and to take pain meds. That got me to a bad place. When I went against them is when I found myself again.
    I really understand that. Really.

22. I figured i would post up my diet before someone asks anyway lol. This was a previous post that i had on a different thread but it is still accurate so i will post it here:

I currently only eat one nutritious meal a day. Heres the crazy part... 500 calories only, every third day is a 24 hour fast. This schedule is every other week. The weeks that i eat every day is still only once a day and i up my intake to 750 calories. If i absolutely can not stand the hunger pains, then i will have a protein shake but never before noon. Its a complicated process, but a good friend of mine is a nutritionist (Dr.) and is monitoring my progress with bloodwork. So hopefully by Jan 1st, i will have lost enough fat to start body building again.

23. Quote Originally Posted by James Tyr View Post
    I figured i would post up my diet before someone asks anyway lol. This was a previous post that i had on a different thread but it is still accurate so i will post it here:

I currently only eat one nutritious meal a day. Heres the crazy part... 500 calories only, every third day is a 24 hour fast. This schedule is every other week. The weeks that i eat every day is still only once a day and i up my intake to 750 calories. If i absolutely can not stand the hunger pains, then i will have a protein shake but never before noon. Its a complicated process, but a good friend of mine is a nutritionist (Dr.) and is monitoring my progress with bloodwork. So hopefully by Jan 1st, i will have lost enough fat to start body building again.
    It is a complicated process. I was certified in sports nutrition before joining the Army and let it lapse, I'm currently back in school to re-cert.

24. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    It is a complicated process. I was certified in sports nutrition before joining the Army and let it lapse, I'm currently back in school to re-cert.
    Im actually thinking of using the G.I. to go to school for it. It is, for sure, a complicated process. Lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. TriSarm log!!!! get in here
    By ProZachUSAF in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-22-2015, 02:31 AM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 09:55 PM
  3. Get In Here And Log BodyGuard For Nimbus Nutrition!!!
    By nimbustim in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 04:47 PM
  4. Who Wants to Log Formula-X??? GET IN HERE!!!
    By JudgementDay in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 07:03 PM
  5. Gentlemen, GET IN HERE! P-Mag/I-GH-1 Log
    By Rhadam in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 09:53 PM