Wedding preparation for next summer

1. Wedding preparation for next summer

Ok, so Iím getting married next summer. Working to get ready now, so this will basically be a 12 month log. Basic plan is:

Bulk from now until mid November.
    Mini cut from mid November until Christmas.
    Resume bulking after Jan 1st.
    Begin the big cutdown Mid to late March.
    Be shredded by mid July.

I do HIT lifting methodology, currently 2 full body workouts per week, M and F, cardio day on W. I add a day of 45 minutes walking as long as my schedule allows. I will be switching to a split routine in a month.

Iíll post a starting pic in a day or two.

Goal is to add some muscle mass and cut my body fat in half over the course of the year. Currently 211lbs high teens bf at 6í2Ē.

Diet- currently consuming about 2800 calories a day. Have been for the past two months ish, scale is going up at a rate of about 1lb per week over that time. Waist has crept up a little along with it, unfortunately. Iím trying all beef for my meat intake, eating 27oz per day.

Here is a workout day:

Here is a no workout day:

Supps

Currently taking Epilogue and SlinMax, creatine and a preworkout. I also take 7g of omega 3ís daily. Have some goodies planned to stack in September, January and May.

Will be a long log, may not get to post daily but Iíll update as often as I can.

2. In for the progress!
    IG: Skraw85
    •   

3. Congrats! Our workouts look pretty similar!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

4. So, first note to make. Started feeling a summer cold coming on Monday afternoon, after training. Hit hard on Tuesday. Skipped cardio day because there’s no way I was going to be able to give 100%. My standard cardio day is 6 minutes HIIT on the bike followed by 20 minutes on the elliptical with my HR at 148+.

Was hoping to feel good enough to lift Friday, but that appears doubtful after waking up this morning still feeling pretty crummy.

5. Still a lot of heavy chest and head congration so no workout today. Should be ready to get back at it Monday.

Ordered a stopwatch today to start timing my sets and keeping track of TUT and make sure im hitting the targets.
    •   

6. Today’s food intake. Deviated a bit with breakfast, skipped the oatmeal today because I wasn’t in the mood. Saw a coworker make a really good looking sandwich the other day, so I made one similar because I’d wanted to try it. Hit the targets without having to eat after work. I’ll prob have a glass of egg whites before bed.

7. Ok finally something to report!

Almost through this cold, the worst of it anyway. Got in today for:

45 minutes walking, 6.5 incline at 3.7mph
    PT back exercises(bridges, squeezes, alternate arm/leg raises, etc)
    Front and side planks
    Oblique crunches
    Torso twist machine

Not an intense workout by any means but it always leaves my shirt drenched in sweat.

Felt good to get in and do something. Feel good enough, should be able to lift tomorrow. I’m planning on it.

8. Alright, starting photo. Rested most of the week with the cold, but maintained calories. Love handles look a touch slimmer, but my stomach looks softer. Weird.

9. Cold is pretty much gone. Feel pretty good. Did some lifting this morning.

So, I do two full body HIT sessions a week. Workout A and Workout B. Legs for both, but different exercises. Chest/back for upper on one workout, arms and shoulders on the other. A couple of core movements after every workout. Today was workout A:

Leg extension x8(almost got 9)
    Leg curl x9
    Thigh abductor x12
    Back extension x17
    Pec flys x13
    Lat pull x10
    Chest press x9
    Machine row x7(struggled here, was gassed)
    Weighted mayo crunch x10
    Cat vomit x10

Total time: 34 minutes

Stop watch hasn’t made it yet, so wasn’t able to time each set. I timed the first, the leg extensions at a little over 90 seconds.

Typically, I’ll randomly choose 1exercise from upper and lower to do a drop set with. Skipped that today and just focused on rep cadence. Time on the leg extension was good, and the guy next to me on the back extension did 2 sets and rested in between in the time it took me to execute one set.

Finished with an easy 20 minutes on the elliptical(hr 110-120).

10. Worked an odd early shift today, which is rare for anything besides a Sunday.

Went in tonight after work for 30 minutes of incline walking, some stretching and a few minutes in the hot tub. Gluten and outer thighs were sore today. Hopefully I can push through the cardio session tomorrow morning.

11. Regular cardio day today.

10 minutes warmup on the elliptical and some stretching
    6 minutes HIIT on the bike- 1 minute blocks with 22 seconds being the work interval, remainder of the minute being recovery. HR reached over 165 each interval
    20 minutes on elliptical with HR at 148+
    PT back exercises
    30 seconds each front and side planks

The thing I hate about cardio day isn’t the cardio, but that I sweat for hours afterwards.

12. Got the stopwatch, so was able to log TUT for each set today. So i aim for 4up/4down cadence with a pause at the top and bottom(still holding the weight), and doing the last negative as slow as possible or if I’m only able to do a partial last rep I hold it as long as possible before doing that last negative as slow as I can. Here was today’s workout:

Leg press x15, TUT 2:29
    Calf raise x9, TUT 1:50
    Thigh abductor x11, TUT 1:26
    Shoulder press x6, TUT 1:12
    Lateral raise x5, TUT :57sec
    Dips x6, TUT :37 sec
    Curls x8, TUT 1:35
    Upright row x6, TUT :40sec. Went into a drop set after this, didn’t time it.
    Weighted myo crunch x12
    Cat vomit x10
    Total time 40 minutes

Rep cadence on the first few were great, maybe even a little slow. Struggled with a couple of the later ones. Just getting tired.
    High Intensity Training log, wedding prep:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/305228-wedding-preparation-next.html

13. Couple of notes to share:

Blew my back out 3 years ago- 2 herniated discs, grade one spondy, DDD in 3 discs. No injury, just happened. Been working through it since. Had injections done a couple weeks ago. Will be having an ablation procedure next month. Hopefully it eases some of the chronic pain from constant inflammation.

Diet has been consistent. Stuck to the plan, though I have gravitated toward an egg white and protein shake at night instead of the beef. Just haven’t had a huge appetite after work, so the shake is easier to get down.

I have done really well the last 3 months of getting onto a schedule and being consistent. Trying to get to bed at 11 or so and get up at 7 to work out. Non training days I’ll sleep till 8.

Also happy to report that I have eliminated alcohol the past two weeks. No addiction issue, just a habit I’ve had of getting home after work and having a cocktail or two to wind down.

Scale is trending up. Weighed in at 215 after work tonight.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/305228-wedding-preparation-next.html

14. Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Got the stopwatch, so was able to log TUT for each set today. So i aim for 4up/4down cadence with a pause at the top and bottom(still holding the weight), and doing the last negative as slow as possible or if Iím only able to do a partial last rep I hold it as long as possible before doing that last negative as slow as I can. Here was todayís workout:

Leg press x15, TUT 2:29
    Calf raise x9, TUT 1:50
    Thigh abductor x11, TUT 1:26
    Shoulder press x6, TUT 1:12
    Lateral raise x5, TUT :57sec
    Dips x6, TUT :37 sec
    Curls x8, TUT 1:35
    Upright row x6, TUT :40sec. Went into a drop set after this, didnít time it.
    Weighted mayo crunch x12
    Cat vomit x10
    Total time 40 minutes

Rep cadence on the first few were great, maybe even a little slow. Struggled with a couple of the later ones. Just getting tired.
    Thatís a great workout, @jrock645!

Props to your work ethic!
  15. Wedding preparation for next summer

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Couple of notes to share:

Blew my back out 3 years ago- 2 herniated discs, grade one spondy, DDD in 3 discs. No injury, just happened. Ben working through it since. Had injections done a couple weeks ago. Will be having an ablation procedure next month. Hopefully it eases some of the chronic pain from constant inflammation.

Diet has been consistent. Stuck to the plan, though I have gravitated toward an egg white and protein shake at night instead of the beef. Just havenít had a huge appetite after work, so the shake is easier to get down.

I have done really well the last 3 months of getting onto a schedule and being consistent. Trying to get to bed at 11 or so and get up at 7 to work out. Non training days Iíll sleep till 8.

Also happy to report that I have eliminated alcohol the past two weeks. No addiction issue, just a habit Iíve had of getting home after work and having a cocktail or two to wind down.

Scale is trending up. Weighed in at 215 after work tonight.
    Cutting out the alcohol is a great approach to cutting AND bulking. I quit drinking more than two years ago when losing 60 lbs. I didnít miss it and kept it out of my diet when starting to work out routinely 19 months ago. It makes a huge difference. Alcohol is empty calories.

Keep up the great work!

And it sounds like you are doing everything right to protect your back after the injury. Again, stick with the program and you will see results!

16. I appreciate the feedback and the kind words.

Injuries like this make training tricky. The text books go out the window. Really have to monitor how you feel and find what you can actually do safely/comfortably but still be productive with and be consistent. That’s a lot. I’m extremely cautious because I won’t know until a day or two after if I’ve overdone it, and it takes a bit to get back in balance after that.

I ordered a lifting belt today. Will be switching to a split routine soon, and plan to introduce low weight squats as my last leg exercise. I’m talking 20-50 reps, starting with just the bar and gradually increasing the weight. I see enough benefit in the movement itself, that even without pushing weight I should benefit as long as I can do it without aggravating anything.

17. Sunday cardio and core.

45 minutes incline walking (6.5 @3.7mph)- Apple Watch says this burned 500cals. Doubt it, but still good to get up and do something

Oblique crunches
    PT back exercises(prone hip thrusts, prone alt leg/arm raises, Medecine ball bridges, on knees alt leg/arm extensions, stability ball roll outs)
    Side and front planks
    Hanging knee raises
    Torso twist machine

10 mi utes in the hot tub and 15 in the sauna

Nice, relaxing morning. Now off to work for that always glorious 6th day of the week!

18. Overslept a bit today, but felt like I needed it. Been really tired the last couple of sundays, even with sleeping more and eliminating alcohol(sleeping better). Woke up at 5 to piss which always interrupts my rhythm. Took a few to get back to sleep, slept till 8:30. Was in bed before 11 last night.

Back was very stiff this morning, probably from sleeping longer. It’s something I notice often. My back feels best on 6-7 hours of sleep, just doesn’t stiffen up in that amount of time but obviously we want more sleep than that for the rest of the body. The tricky balance of life with back problems...

Took my time warming up today, did 15 minutes on the elliptical instead of 10-12 and did a little extra stretching.

Workout was:

Leg extension x7, TUT 1:37
    Leg curl x7, TUT 1:53
    Back extension x15, TUT 2:29
    High abductor x11, TUT 1:16
    Pec flys x10, TUT 2:15
    ISO lat pulls x10, TUT 1:37
    Chest press x10, TUT 1:12
    Machine row x8, TUT 1:15
    Myo crunch x20
    Cat vomit x10

Total time: 37 minutes.

In other news, somebody **** themselves at the gym while I was there. All over the carpet. I didn’t see it happen and couldn’t understand why the custodian had paper towels all over the floor down the hallway to the locker rooms, and then I figured it out. Rough day for somebody. And the custodian, too.

19. I sometimes have questionable soreness after my workouts, but not today. Yesterday definitely hit the mark.

20. Made an adjustment to the diet this week. Started getting some chicken in to lower my fat intake and try to leverage more protein and carbs. Didn’t quite get what I was going for today. Will adjust as I go. Also worked in some sweet potato and green beans. Totaled it all up after work, and saw I was low so I’m having an oat, casein and egg white shake now.

21. AM cardio today, usual format.

Warmup on elliptical, the stretching.
    6 minutes w/ 6 work intervals on recumbent bike. HR to 168ish each interval.
    20 minutes on elliptical with HR over 148(maintained 152-155 for all but a couple minutes)
    PT back exercises and planks.

Cardio workout is always a big cardio burn. Here is my watch just a little while after my workout:

Here is my watch from just a minute ago, maybe the biggest calorie total I’ve ever hit in a day:

Obviously, those numbers are never 100% accurate but I find them interesting.

Diet continues to be a work in progress. Pretty much got exactly what I was going for today, so now I know exactly what to do on training days. Here was today’s intake:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Should i run SD with S1+ for the summer?
    By Polish_Oak in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 12:40 PM
  2. Preparing for PFT
    By random in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 10:59 PM
  3. ripping up for the summer
    By hudsong in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 10:29 PM
  4. ok, gettin ready for next cycle one question