Wedding preparation for next summer

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok, so I’m getting married next summer. Working to get ready now, so this will basically be a 12 month log. Basic plan is:

Bulk from now until mid November.
Mini cut from mid November until Christmas.
Resume bulking after Jan 1st.
Begin the big cutdown Mid to late March.
Be shredded by mid July.

I do HIT lifting methodology, currently 2 full body workouts per week, M and F, cardio day on W. I add a day of 45 minutes walking as long as my schedule allows. I will be switching to a split routine in a month.

I’ll post a starting pic in a day or two.

Goal is to add some muscle mass and cut my body fat in half over the course of the year. Currently 211lbs high teens bf at 6’2”.

Diet- currently consuming about 2800 calories a day. Have been for the past two months ish, scale is going up at a rate of about 1lb per week over that time. Waist has crept up a little along with it, unfortunately. I’m trying all beef for my meat intake, eating 27oz per day.

Here is a workout day:

Here is a no workout day:

Supps

Currently taking Epilogue and SlinMax, creatine and a preworkout. I also take 7g of omega 3’s daily. Have some goodies planned to stack in September, January and May.

Will be a long log, may not get to post daily but I’ll update as often as I can.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats! Our workouts look pretty similar!

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So, first note to make. Started feeling a summer cold coming on Monday afternoon, after training. Hit hard on Tuesday. Skipped cardio day because there’s no way I was going to be able to give 100%. My standard cardio day is 6 minutes HIIT on the bike followed by 20 minutes on the elliptical with my HR at 148+.

Was hoping to feel good enough to lift Friday, but that appears doubtful after waking up this morning still feeling pretty crummy.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Still a lot of heavy chest and head congration so no workout today. Should be ready to get back at it Monday.

Ordered a stopwatch today to start timing my sets and keeping track of TUT and make sure im hitting the targets.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today’s food intake. Deviated a bit with breakfast, skipped the oatmeal today because I wasn’t in the mood. Saw a coworker make a really good looking sandwich the other day, so I made one similar because I’d wanted to try it. Hit the targets without having to eat after work. I’ll prob have a glass of egg whites before bed.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok finally something to report!

Almost through this cold, the worst of it anyway. Got in today for:

45 minutes walking, 6.5 incline at 3.7mph
PT back exercises(bridges, squeezes, alternate arm/leg raises, etc)
Front and side planks
Oblique crunches
Torso twist machine

Not an intense workout by any means but it always leaves my shirt drenched in sweat.

Felt good to get in and do something. Feel good enough, should be able to lift tomorrow. I’m planning on it.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Alright, starting photo. Rested most of the week with the cold, but maintained calories. Love handles look a touch slimmer, but my stomach looks softer. Weird.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cold is pretty much gone. Feel pretty good. Did some lifting this morning.

So, I do two full body HIT sessions a week. Workout A and Workout B. Legs for both, but different exercises. Chest/back for upper on one workout, arms and shoulders on the other. A couple of core movements after every workout. Today was workout A:

Leg extension x8(almost got 9)
Leg curl x9
Thigh abductor x12
Back extension x17
Pec flys x13
Lat pull x10
Chest press x9
Machine row x7(struggled here, was gassed)
Weighted mayo crunch x10
Cat vomit x10

Total time: 34 minutes

Stop watch hasn’t made it yet, so wasn’t able to time each set. I timed the first, the leg extensions at a little over 90 seconds.

Typically, I’ll randomly choose 1exercise from upper and lower to do a drop set with. Skipped that today and just focused on rep cadence. Time on the leg extension was good, and the guy next to me on the back extension did 2 sets and rested in between in the time it took me to execute one set.

Finished with an easy 20 minutes on the elliptical(hr 110-120).

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Worked an odd early shift today, which is rare for anything besides a Sunday.

Went in tonight after work for 30 minutes of incline walking, some stretching and a few minutes in the hot tub. Gluten and outer thighs were sore today. Hopefully I can push through the cardio session tomorrow morning.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Regular cardio day today.

10 minutes warmup on the elliptical and some stretching
6 minutes HIIT on the bike- 1 minute blocks with 22 seconds being the work interval, remainder of the minute being recovery. HR reached over 165 each interval
20 minutes on elliptical with HR at 148+
PT back exercises
30 seconds each front and side planks

The thing I hate about cardio day isn’t the cardio, but that I sweat for hours afterwards.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Got the stopwatch, so was able to log TUT for each set today. So i aim for 4up/4down cadence with a pause at the top and bottom(still holding the weight), and doing the last negative as slow as possible or if I’m only able to do a partial last rep I hold it as long as possible before doing that last negative as slow as I can. Here was today’s workout:

Leg press x15, TUT 2:29
Calf raise x9, TUT 1:50
Thigh abductor x11, TUT 1:26
Shoulder press x6, TUT 1:12
Lateral raise x5, TUT :57sec
Dips x6, TUT :37 sec
Curls x8, TUT 1:35
Upright row x6, TUT :40sec. Went into a drop set after this, didn’t time it.
Weighted myo crunch x12
Cat vomit x10
Total time 40 minutes

Rep cadence on the first few were great, maybe even a little slow. Struggled with a couple of the later ones. Just getting tired.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Couple of notes to share:

Blew my back out 3 years ago- 2 herniated discs, grade one spondy, DDD in 3 discs. No injury, just happened. Been working through it since. Had injections done a couple weeks ago. Will be having an ablation procedure next month. Hopefully it eases some of the chronic pain from constant inflammation.

Diet has been consistent. Stuck to the plan, though I have gravitated toward an egg white and protein shake at night instead of the beef. Just haven’t had a huge appetite after work, so the shake is easier to get down.

I have done really well the last 3 months of getting onto a schedule and being consistent. Trying to get to bed at 11 or so and get up at 7 to work out. Non training days I’ll sleep till 8.

Also happy to report that I have eliminated alcohol the past two weeks. No addiction issue, just a habit I’ve had of getting home after work and having a cocktail or two to wind down.

Scale is trending up. Weighed in at 215 after work tonight.

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Got the stopwatch, so was able to log TUT for each set today. So i aim for 4up/4down cadence with a pause at the top and bottom(still holding the weight), and doing the last negative as slow as possible or if I’m only able to do a partial last rep I hold it as long as possible before doing that last negative as slow as I can. Here was today’s workout:

Leg press x15, TUT 2:29
Calf raise x9, TUT 1:50
Thigh abductor x11, TUT 1:26
Shoulder press x6, TUT 1:12
Lateral raise x5, TUT :57sec
Dips x6, TUT :37 sec
Curls x8, TUT 1:35
Upright row x6, TUT :40sec. Went into a drop set after this, didn’t time it.
Weighted mayo crunch x12
Cat vomit x10
Total time 40 minutes

Rep cadence on the first few were great, maybe even a little slow. Struggled with a couple of the later ones. Just getting tired.
That’s a great workout, jrock645!

Props to your work ethic!

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Couple of notes to share:

Blew my back out 3 years ago- 2 herniated discs, grade one spondy, DDD in 3 discs. No injury, just happened. Ben working through it since. Had injections done a couple weeks ago. Will be having an ablation procedure next month. Hopefully it eases some of the chronic pain from constant inflammation.

Diet has been consistent. Stuck to the plan, though I have gravitated toward an egg white and protein shake at night instead of the beef. Just haven’t had a huge appetite after work, so the shake is easier to get down.

I have done really well the last 3 months of getting onto a schedule and being consistent. Trying to get to bed at 11 or so and get up at 7 to work out. Non training days I’ll sleep till 8.

Also happy to report that I have eliminated alcohol the past two weeks. No addiction issue, just a habit I’ve had of getting home after work and having a cocktail or two to wind down.

Scale is trending up. Weighed in at 215 after work tonight.
Cutting out the alcohol is a great approach to cutting AND bulking. I quit drinking more than two years ago when losing 60 lbs. I didn’t miss it and kept it out of my diet when starting to work out routinely 19 months ago. It makes a huge difference. Alcohol is empty calories.

Keep up the great work!

And it sounds like you are doing everything right to protect your back after the injury. Again, stick with the program and you will see results!

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I appreciate the feedback and the kind words.

Injuries like this make training tricky. The text books go out the window. Really have to monitor how you feel and find what you can actually do safely/comfortably but still be productive with and be consistent. That’s a lot. I’m extremely cautious because I won’t know until a day or two after if I’ve overdone it, and it takes a bit to get back in balance after that.

I ordered a lifting belt today. Will be switching to a split routine soon, and plan to introduce low weight squats as my last leg exercise. I’m talking 20-50 reps, starting with just the bar and gradually increasing the weight. I see enough benefit in the movement itself, that even without pushing weight I should benefit as long as I can do it without aggravating anything.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sunday cardio and core.

45 minutes incline walking (6.5 @3.7mph)- Apple Watch says this burned 500cals. Doubt it, but still good to get up and do something

Oblique crunches
PT back exercises(prone hip thrusts, prone alt leg/arm raises, Medecine ball bridges, on knees alt leg/arm extensions, stability ball roll outs)
Side and front planks
Hanging knee raises
Torso twist machine

10 mi utes in the hot tub and 15 in the sauna

Nice, relaxing morning. Now off to work for that always glorious 6th day of the week!

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Overslept a bit today, but felt like I needed it. Been really tired the last couple of sundays, even with sleeping more and eliminating alcohol(sleeping better). Woke up at 5 to piss which always interrupts my rhythm. Took a few to get back to sleep, slept till 8:30. Was in bed before 11 last night.

Back was very stiff this morning, probably from sleeping longer. It’s something I notice often. My back feels best on 6-7 hours of sleep, just doesn’t stiffen up in that amount of time but obviously we want more sleep than that for the rest of the body. The tricky balance of life with back problems...

Took my time warming up today, did 15 minutes on the elliptical instead of 10-12 and did a little extra stretching.

Workout was:

Leg extension x7, TUT 1:37
Leg curl x7, TUT 1:53
Back extension x15, TUT 2:29
High abductor x11, TUT 1:16
Pec flys x10, TUT 2:15
ISO lat pulls x10, TUT 1:37
Chest press x10, TUT 1:12
Machine row x8, TUT 1:15
Myo crunch x20
Cat vomit x10

Total time: 37 minutes.

In other news, somebody **** themselves at the gym while I was there. All over the carpet. I didn’t see it happen and couldn’t understand why the custodian had paper towels all over the floor down the hallway to the locker rooms, and then I figured it out. Rough day for somebody. And the custodian, too.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I sometimes have questionable soreness after my workouts, but not today. Yesterday definitely hit the mark.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Made an adjustment to the diet this week. Started getting some chicken in to lower my fat intake and try to leverage more protein and carbs. Didn’t quite get what I was going for today. Will adjust as I go. Also worked in some sweet potato and green beans. Totaled it all up after work, and saw I was low so I’m having an oat, casein and egg white shake now.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
AM cardio today, usual format.

Warmup on elliptical, the stretching.
6 minutes w/ 6 work intervals on recumbent bike. HR to 168ish each interval.
20 minutes on elliptical with HR over 148(maintained 152-155 for all but a couple minutes)
PT back exercises and planks.

Cardio workout is always a big cardio burn. Here is my watch just a little while after my workout:

Here is my watch from just a minute ago, maybe the biggest calorie total I’ve ever hit in a day:

Obviously, those numbers are never 100% accurate but I find them interesting.

Diet continues to be a work in progress. Pretty much got exactly what I was going for today, so now I know exactly what to do on training days. Here was today’s intake:

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Website was down last night, so didn’t get to post this. Yesterday’s calorie/macros were on point. Here was the intake:

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Workout this morning. Went pretty well. Finished almost an hour ago and my arms are still shaky- they’re trembling trying to hold the iPad right now. Here it was:

Leg press x15, 2:21tut- added 15lbs from last workout
Calf raise x11, 1:58 tut
Shoulder press x6 1:14 tut
Thigh abductor x13 1:50tut
Cable lateral raise x7 1:11tut(per arm)
Cable upright row x9 1:15tut
Curl x4 then went into dropset, 3:00tut(didn’t count reps after the starting weight)
Dips x8 :48tut

Total time: 38 minutes

Weight has been a couple pounds low since earlier in the week. Might be time to bump calories again. I’ll add a couple glasses of milk or something to get to 3000ish starting next week. Been at the same caloric intake, though the macros and specifics have evolved, since I started all this at 200lbs. Also gonna switch to split routine starting next week. Ordered my Inzer lifting belt a week ago, hopefully it’s here soon.

Starting DMZ on Labor Day. Everything is in order, just waiting for a few more flips of the calendar.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ate extra today because the appetite was there and to test the waters a bit. An increase is coming anyway. Got down 3569 calories comprised of the usual stuff I eat. All clean aside from a single oatmeal raisin cookie.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Got in after work this afternoon for:

45 minutes incline walking
PT back exercises
Oblique crunches
Side and front planks
Torso twist machine

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
First day of split routine. Chest and biceps today. Did worry about timing TUT today. Just focused on the exercises and routine itself.

Pec fly x10
Smith bench press x7
DB incline x9
Palms up pull down x8
Wide grip dips x8
Machine curl x8
Reverse curl x10
Myo crunch x10
Cat vomit x10

Total time 36 minutes

Did a few warmups on the smith and found a good working weight. May have to be a bit more intentional about rest between sets.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Upped the calories starting this week. I’ve been a bit inspired by Matthersby current log. Absolutely stuffed myself yesterday. Shooting for 3300-3500 calories daily now, as opposed to the 2800 before. Biggest thing is adding a 1/2 gallon of milk per day.

Current total for today is 3293 with 275/100/315 c/f/p. Will have a glass of milk here in a bit(240cals), which will hit the target for the day.

DMZ starts in two weeks, may as well get used to eating now, because weeks 3 and 4 of that are going to require commitment at the table to maximize results.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cardio day today, struggled a little.

8 minutes HIIT on the bike. Was able to get HR to 165 on the last two, first 6 were 158-160. I was pushing at 100%, just couldn’t get my hr any higher.
20 minutes on elliptical at 148. Struggled here two, barely maintaining target hr. Jumped directly from bike to elliptical, maybe should’ve given myself a couple of minutes.
PT back exercises and planks.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Quick post for the night. Yesterday was an extremely busy day for me at work. iPhone says I walked 21,000 steps. I average 13-15k, so that was quite a bit. And I did it after cardio day with my back/glute/core exercises. My back was not happy with me at all last night, was in pretty rough shape when I got home. Was a bit stiff getting up and moving this morning, but felt fine after a while. Apple Watch says I burned 1,838 calories from movement yesterday. Not necessarily accurate, but considering my usual number is closer to 1000, shows it was a very active day.

Diet continues to be on point, totals today are:

3,440 calories, 329c, 89f, 334p.

Simply adding the 1/2 gallon of milk per day has worked out nicely other than my stomach isn’t quite thrilled about it.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today’s workout- back and triceps:

ISO lat pull x8 tut1:41
Middle back pinch x15 tut3:05(this is a cable row done with straight arms, just pinching the shoulder blades together)
Straight arm lat pull x7 tut1:12
Back extension x10 1:47(stopped at 10 on these after my back bothering me earlier this week)
Dip x7 tut:55
Machine row x6 tut1:07
Cable pressdown x8(forgot to time it)
Hanging knee raise x30
Cat vomit x10
45 second plank

First time doing this workout on the new split. I always look forward to training back, so this went pretty well.

Gonna have to cut back on the milk. GI distress is worsening daily and today was pretty bad. My starfish can’t take much more of this.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Felt a good bit of soreness in the back today, some in the tri’s and even bi’s. Pretty well checked all the boxes there.

Ate horribly today. Work was nuts, put in a 15 hour day today. Ate a decent lunch but otherwise just munched here and there, mostly on garbage. Stayed away from milk. Stomach was calmer, though the rusty sheriff’s badge is still pretty raw.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Leg day today.

Leg extension x8, tut1:56
Leg press x12 tut1:58
Calf raise x10 tut2:04
Leg curl x8
Abductor x10 1:38
Adductor x10 1:31
Seated calf raise x8 1:02
Squat x30
Myo crunch x12
Hanging knee raise x25

Total time 35 minutes

Just ate an almost Matthersby style pwo meal: 10oz chicken(cooked weight), 2 sweet potatoes and 1.5 cups of rice. Just finishing up the containers I had in the fridge.

Gotta go grocery shopping later, gonna get some of that lactaid stuff. See if I can handle the milk with the help of that. Milk is easy calories, really wanna try to keep it in.

Curious to see how my legs feel for cardio on Wednesday.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Totaled 5,300 calories yesterday. Pretty serious eating.

In other news, whole milk is just a no go, even with Lactaid. Works like a charm with the 2%, but the whole milk is just too much. Gonna have to start taking my own milk to work.

Legs are sore as hell today. May have to do something different for cardio in the morning, and push the HIIT to Sunday. Highly doubt I’m gonna have enough juice in my legs to push hard enough tomorrow.

Scale read 216.5 this morning after taking a piss. Trending up!

Totaled 4436 calories today without really even trying. Didn’t train today so ate a large, leisurely breakfast which set the tone for the day. Just finished a bowl of Greek yogurt with pineapple and granola. Pretty tasty!

DMZ and tren starts Monday so I started on cycle assist and cycle support today to pre load. Have the eating figured out, hopefully the milk thing figured out so it’s time to shovel some food down. Will be shooting for 5k a day on weeks 3 and 4.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Overslept today but got in for some cardio and core work. Legs were too sore for HIIT, so ill do that Sunday.

35 mins on elliptical
PT back exercises
Front and side planks
Oblique crunches
Hanging knee raises
Weighted crunch machine

Shoulders and traps on Friday morning.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Shoulders and Traps today.

Arnold press X11 tut 1:48
Cable Lateral Raise x9(each) 1:28ish for tut each side
Rear delt fly x10 tut 2:14
Cable Upright row x10 tut 1:38
DB shrug dropset 4,5,8(didn't time, just not feasible)
face pulls x20 (didn't time)
wrist curl x11
myo crunch x15
hanging knee raise x25
planks

Total time 32 minutes

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Got in for cardio and core today.

8 minutes HIIT on the bike, HR into the mid 160’s
20 minutes on the elliptical
PT back exercises
Oblique planks, crunches and twists

Started DMZ and tren today. Let the games begin.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Chest and bi’s today.

Pec fly x9 tut2:00
DB incline x8 :58
Smith press x5 :37
Palms up pull down x8 1:15
Wide grip dips x9 :55
Machine curl x7 1:31
Reverse curl x5
Plank
Hanging knee raises

Total time 36 minutes

Also 25 minutes on the elliptical.

Shuffled exercise order waiting for a smith to open up, so did the inclines first. Added weight and was stronger there than the last workout, but not as strong on the smith. Could’ve slowed down a bit. Felt like the workout was taking too long after having to wait for the bench but still finished pretty quick.

Scale read 219 yesterday afternoon.

Will be doing 3 weight sessions per week starting this week. Will split the elliptical and HIIT sessions over the course of the week. Or may just do cardio on sundays depending on how I’m doing on time.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Day off today. Slept in, hit the snooze button a couple times and did 50 minutes of incline walking.

Was a bit in doubt about my chest workout yesterday, but the soreness erases that.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hit the scale this morning at 220.4, and that was after a sizable bowel movement.

Back and tri’s today.

ISO lat pull x11 tut2:08
Mid back pinch x9
Machine row x7 1:10
Back extension x16 2:42
Dip x8 :54
Straight arm lat pull x8 1:28
Cable pressdown x8 1:09
Cat vomit x10
Hanging knee raise x25

Total time 30 minutes

Finished with 6 minutes HIIT on the bike.

Still a bit of soreness in my chest today. Must’ve really gotten a good stretch! Shuffled a couple exercises around today to try and be more efficient. Worked pretty well, moved very quickly.

Muscles in my upper body felt very full all day today. Seems early for that, but I’ll take it.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today’s calorie/macro totals:

4063 calories 450C 74F 398P

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I feel like the DMZ is kicking in. The carb swelling and all over muscle pump seemed to start today.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Got in this morning for legs:

Leg extension x10 tut1:56
Leg press x12 1:44
Calf raise x12 2:01
Abductor x12 1:50
Adductor x12 1:49
Leg curl x8.5 1:56
Seated calf raise x10 1:23
Squat x40 2:20
Myo crunch x12

Total time 37 minutes

Worked out this morning, and judging by how my legs feel tonight I’m a little afraid of how they’re gonna feel in the morning.

Will do my shoulder/traps workout Sunday and alter my schedule for the next week or so. Having ablation procedures done the next two Monday’s, so I’ll need to take it easy those days.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah my legs were sore sore as all hell today.

Gonna do shoulders and traps tomorrow afternoon after work.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Shoulders and traps today after work.

Arnold press x11 tut1:41
Cable lateral x15 1:53
Rear delt fly x10 1:20
Cable upright row x15 2:11
DB shrug x8
Face pull x15 2:03
Wrist curl x7
Myo crunch x12
Hanging knee raise x30
Plank 45 seconds

Total time 30 minutes

Also 20 minutes on the elliptical

Stack is just starting to kick in. I’m up another 2.5lbs, felt ever so slightly stronger today, and the pumps were starting to come in like you’d expect- especially after the wrist curls. It’s been 8 years since my last cycle, so we’ll see if it all feels the way I remember it.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok, so quick report. Dry joints are starting a bit. Adding in cissus today.

Had an ablation procedure done on my back yesterday. Had to be put under for it, so wasn’t allowed to drive for the day. Didn’t think about it before, so didn’t get to the grocery store beforehand. Busy work week, so no meal prep. Plenty of food at work, so I’ll eat plenty, just macros not as consistent and won’t be tracking every bit. Have to have the other side of my back done this Monday. I’ll make sure to get to the grocery Sunday to be able to prep for the week.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Chest and bi’s this morning

Pec fly x10 tut2:03
Smith press x7
Palms up pull down x9 1:12
Db incline x6 :48, then 4 untimed reps
Machine curl x8 1:25
Wide grip dips x10 :56
Reverse curl x5 :42
Cable curl dropset 2:20
Myo crunch x15
45 sec planks

40 minutes

Forgot to mention, moved to 45mg DMZ per day yesterday.

Added 5-10lbs to each exercise today, so strength is starting to rise. Had a killer pump in my arms after the cable curls, arms wouldn’t hang straight after that. My wrestling coach would’ve told me I looked like a white guy stealing hub caps. Oh well.

All this food is bloating my belly. The joy of bulking season.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Weighed in at 227.5 after work tonight, so I think that puts me up about 8lbs. Really crammed the food down today.

Fruit veg and protein shake when I woke up
1 scoop karbolyn with purple wrath during workout
2 scoops oats, 2 scoops protein pwo

2 6oz chicken breasts, 1.5c beans lunch

2scoops oats, 2 scoops protein snack

8oz chuck burger with bun, lto and american

2 6oz chicken breasts, 1.5c rice

Just finished 1c Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup pineapple and 1/2c granola. Will drink some egg whites before bed.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Stack is starting to take off. Seeing improved muscle hardness. Joints are drying out a bit, hoped that wouldn’t happen quite so early. Also a couple really busy days at work that may be making me feel more beat up than I would be otherwise.

Used the last of my epilogue today, will start follidrone tomorrow. Vector will start middle of next week, to hopefully have it kicking in as pct is starting.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Didn’t make it to the gym this morning. Really busy work week, one of the biggest events of the year spread over 3 days. 12 hours yesterday and 13 today, same tomorrow. I was exhausted last night and just knew I wasn’t going to be worth much at work if I didn’t get a bit of extra sleep. Will get in on Sunday.

In other news, scale read 230lbs after work tonight. Going to bump the tren to 120mg on Sunday.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Back was really bothering me yesterday. Was busy at work, didn’t eat quite up to the standard. Came home and went straight to bed. Pissed off a lot of water, woke up at 223.6 this morning. Obviously down some water weight, will make sure to drink up today.

Got in this morning after a much needed sleep in day, did back and tri’s.

ISO lat pull x9 tut1:29
Mid back pinch x8 1:38
Dips x8 :56
Back extension x13 1:54
Machine row x8 1:21
Straight arm lat pull x9 1:21
Cable pressdown x6 :43, then an I timed drop set
PT back exercises
Cat vomit x10
60 second plank

37 minutes

Added weight to most exercises, felt good. Just tired from the past few days at work. Feeling beat up in the lower back, hopefully that passes. Added animal flex in yesterday. Should’ve done it earlier but hopefully it helps.