I'm a Carnivore

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. I'm a Carnivore

Hi Everyone,
    I have been a carnivore since 23rd April 2018

I used to compete in powerlifting and my best lifts were a 260kg squat (in 2.5m wraps), a 135kg bench press and a 282.5kg deadlift at 75kg body weight. I used steroids to achieve this. I did not set foot in the gym for 2 years after this to focus on my career and this is my 5th week training again. I am doing this completely natural now, without any sort of PED, and with a carnivorous diet

I have started this log because I realise that it is not often someone goes 100% carnivorous and some people might want to see what happens.
    I am taking my training extremely cautiously at the moment and deliberately progressing slowly. I do not wish to hurt myself, especially as I am likely still very strong and pushing too hard too soon might cause injury. So - the weights I am using are very small. However they are going to increase quickly.

My diet day to day is 1-1.5kg of beef a day. This is usually ground beef, BBQ'd brisket or ribs, steaks of various kinds and beef liver. I sometimes eat chicken or fish but I get very hungry very quickly again if I don't eat beef or lamb.

This is my training split. My goal is to gain muscle and strength, probably the same goal as most people here.

Squat: Up to 1 top set
    Lying hamstrings curls: 5 sets 10-15 reps
    Smith squats: 7 sets 12-15 reps
    Leg extensions: 3 sets 12-15 reps
    Calves: 6 sets, 8-12 reps

Bench: Up to 1 top set
    Incline DB bench: 5 sets 8-12 reps
    Hex press: 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Biceps curls: 4 sets 8-15 reps
    French press: 3 sets 10-14 reps
    Hammer curls: 3 sets 8-15 reps
    Laying triceps: 2 sets 10-14 reps

Deadlift: Up to 1 top set
    RDL: 5 sets 6-10 reps
    Pulldowns: 7 sets 6-20 reps
    Rows: 7 sets 6-20 reps
    Upright rows: 8 sets 10-12 reps
    Calves: 6 sets, 8-12 reps

Overhead press: Up to 1 top set
    Ring dips: 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Face Pulls: 8 sets 10-12 reps
    Biceps curls: 4 sets 8-15 reps
    French press: 3 sets 10-14 reps
    Hammer curls: 3 sets 8-15 reps
    Laying triceps: 2 sets 10-14 reps

2. This was 3 weeks ago:
    Name:  WXLNNTj.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  42.1 KB

This was earlier this week:
    •   

3. This weeks main lifts:

Squat: 72.5kg for 3
    Bench Press: 52.5kg for 15
    Deadlift: 105kg for 5
    Overhead Press: 35kg for 11

4. I'm in. Wanna see what happens!
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

5. Gonna invite some guys who I bet may be interested:

Diet based 100% on meat:
    @rtmilburn , @MrKleen73 , @Nac , @Whisky , @HIT4ME , @SFreed , @kenpoengineer , @justhere4comm
    •   

6. I'm a Carnivore

In! I remember a joe Rogan podcast with a carnivore. Very intriguing to say the least.
    IG: Skraw85

ďItís easy, just pick it upĒ

7. Subbed! Curious to see how it goes!

8. Really glad I was tagged! In for your progress. Thanks @hairygrandpa for thinking of me.

Also, I think the fat in the meats you're eating are making you more satiated than the fish and chicken. That's what I am finding. The problem for me is eating. Some days I can go all day without any food and not notice I forgot to eat. That becomes a problem. I'm migrating from keto-to-carb-cycling, but it's hard to break out of keto for me. Once I hit the gym again, I think it will be a lot easier.

You've got a lot of support here!
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Follidrone 2.0 | Vector | Letrone | Rebirth | Exotherm | Nootrol | Viron | Prolactrone +
    Want to know more?

9. I'll follow along.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

10. Thanks for the tag @hairygrandpa! I am in before OP dies from meat poisoning or some such thing.

OP - just so you know ahead of time, I am a sarcastic jerk. Don't take me seriously.

11. I’ve literally never seen this - defo in (thanks @hairygrandpa)

Op - any supps to cover the micronutrient gaps?

Good luck on this journey - hope to see those lifts back up there soon

12. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Iíve literally never seen this - defo in (thanks @hairygrandpa)

Op - any supps to cover the micronutrient gaps?

Good luck on this journey - hope to see those lifts back up there soon
    Highly recommend listening to Joe Rogan podcast #1050 with Shawn Baker.

13. Wait what you are ONLY eating meat?

14. Quote Originally Posted by SkRaw85 View Post
    Highly recommend listening to Joe Rogan podcast #1050 with Shawn Baker.
    Not sure where I would be without that podcast.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    Not sure where I would be without that podcast.
    I feel ya. Heís a smart and reasonable dude.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    I’ve literally never seen this - defo in (thanks @hairygrandpa)
    Me neither. I've always been a proponent of meat being extremely nutritious but eliminating everything else entirely never even crossed my mind. I guess I was fairly close with the PSMF. Eggs, meat, protein powders and beef jerky were the bulk of what I ate. Not sure if dairy would be completely eliminated with this?

I mean, I have no doubt I could thrive on a bacon and burger diet for quite a while and for a long while it would feel like I was just going on vacation to a place that ran out of buns. But I'd still feel like I was letting go.

Not sure it would last forever though.

I once got a HUGE container of slim Jim's as a Christmas fat present in college. It was ginormous. I ate so many slim Jim's that semester...I got sick of them. 16 years later I still don't really like slim Jim's anymore.

Maybe that's the trick to the diet? Haha.

17. Bro why donít you just supplement you diet with greens powder? I could only see it benefit you

18. Quote Originally Posted by Curiousmonkey View Post
    Bro why donít you just supplement you diet with greens powder? I could only see it benefit you
    But then it wouldnít be a carnivore diet

19. Quote Originally Posted by SkRaw85 View Post
    But then it wouldnít be a carnivore diet
    Because silly semantics is clearly more important than overall micronutrient intake and general health? Got it.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

20. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Because silly semantics is clearly more important than overall micronutrient intake and general health? Got it.
    Hey Iím just saying. A strict carnivore diet is just that. Is it not???

21. Quote Originally Posted by SkRaw85 View Post
    Hey I’m just saying. A strict carnivore diet is just that. Is it not???
    Yeah, but I'm just saying that, obviously, having sufficient micronutrient intake is orders of magnitude than being able to say "I'm a complete 100% carnivore." It's just silly. So you can't even ever have a burger, or even have any number of sauces on your meat, as lots of sauces use ingredients derived from non-animal (see plant) sources. Also, no seasoning, since spices and herbs are not animal products, therefore consuming them would also ruin your 100% carnivore diet, which, when taken to such an extreme, is good for nothing other than saying "look at me."
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

22. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Yeah, but I'm just saying that, obviously, having sufficient micronutrient intake is orders of magnitude than being able to say "I'm a complete 100% carnivore." It's just silly. So you can't even ever have a burger, or even have any number of sauces on your meat, as lots of sauces use ingredients derived from non-animal (see plant) sources. Also, no seasoning, since spices and herbs are not animal products, therefore consuming them would also ruin your 100% carnivore diet, which, when taken to such an extreme, is good for nothing other than saying "look at me."
    "Look at me."

23. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Correct. Iím not saying itís right or wrong Iím merely intrigued. If a guy wants to thrive off of solely flesh, by all means go for it lol. Shawn baker has done it for (donít quote me) about 2 years now. Dude is crazy. He doesnít even eat every day but when he does he will consume an obscene amount of meat. No carbs, no veggies, just flesh. Iím just here to watch the show

24. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    "Look at me."

But do you think they'd turn down a burger (with the bun and some lettuce) if you offered it to them? Or some rice, pasta, oats, potatoes, etc. Haha, let's be real man; any group of people who ate almost exclusively meat did so due to what was readily available to eat, not out of some belief that it was the healthiest option there is. I know you're just kidding though, so it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkRaw85 View Post
    Correct. Iím not saying itís right or wrong Iím merely intrigued. If a guy wants to thrive off of solely flesh, by all means go for it lol. Shawn baker has done it for (donít quote me) about 2 years now. Dude is crazy. He doesnít even eat every day but when he does he will consume an obscene amount of meat. No carbs, no veggies, just flesh. Iím just here to watch the show
    What about seasoning/spices/sauces? Any herbs would technically not be meat/flesh, so would invalidate the "100% carnivore thing" if we want to be ULTRA technical.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carnivore & Beta-BCAA STACK! Promo - 10 testers wanted
    By aflexaholic in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 09:43 PM
  2. Carnivor: Beef Protein
    By joelast in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 01:40 AM
  3. carnivor is this worth looking in to?
    By djbombsquad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 08:57 PM