I'm a Carnivore

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    But do you think they'd turn down a burger (with the bun and some lettuce) if you offered it to them? Or some rice, pasta, oats, potatoes, etc. Haha, let's be real man; any group of people who ate almost exclusively meat did so due to what was readily available to eat, not out of some belief that it was the healthiest option there is. I know you're just kidding though, so it's all good.

What about seasoning/spices/sauces? Any herbs would technically not be meat/flesh, so would invalidate the "100% carnivore thing" if we want to be ULTRA technical.
    Yes that is 100% correct. Thatís what I meant in my previous post, just wasnít very clear. Trex has no such luxuries. OP has a solid frame to build on Given that he hasnít been lifting consistently as of late. Iím excited to see where this goes. Also I dont believe he mentioned if he was using seasonings or anything processed. Perhaps he can elaborate....
    IG: Skraw85

ďItís easy, just pick it upĒ

2. Hi Everyone,
    I don't want to supplement with anything - I want to see how far this goes. I also think people will like/enjoy it more out of curiosities sake if I only eat meat

As far as dairy goes, I like cheese but I'm not cheese crazy. They have these cheese strings for kids and I really like eating one of them each day but they are not even a snack LOL.

Processed food, I eat bacon and other cured meats / sausages. I go to a butcher that does it by hand and he gives me a good deal on everything as I literally buy all my food and the wife's from him! So it's gluten and carb free

Seasonings I use salt and pepper. I cook in grass fed wagyu beef drippings (which is surprisingly cheap) or butter. I really like spicy food so a chilli pepper will find its way in my food once or twice a week. I grow my own chillis and it's winter currently so this is just dried powder usually, perhaps a teaspoon

Here are my blood test results after 5 weeks. LDL cholesterol is elevated as expected, however everything else is fine. I have no deficiencies or symptoms of vitamin / mineral deficiency. Even Vitamin D was really, really high and I am an office worker that never goes outside. I live in Australia and am a native British Islander so avoid the sun so I don't get skin cancer - I'm really pale. Vitamin D should be 60-70 at the end of summer and my Vitamin D is 85 at the start of Winter

https://imgur.com/a/jrOmA7h
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I don't want to supplement with anything - I want to see how far this goes. I also think people will like/enjoy it more out of curiosities sake if I only eat meat

As far as dairy goes, I like cheese but I'm not cheese crazy. They have these cheese strings for kids and I really like eating one of them each day but they are not even a snack LOL.

Processed food, I eat bacon and other cured meats / sausages. I go to a butcher that does it by hand and he gives me a good deal on everything as I literally buy all my food and the wife's from him! So it's gluten and carb free

Seasonings I use salt and pepper. I cook in grass fed wagyu beef drippings (which is surprisingly cheap) or butter. I really like spicy food so a chilli pepper will find its way in my food once or twice a week. I grow my own chillis and it's winter currently so this is just dried powder usually, perhaps a teaspoon

Here are my blood test results after 5 weeks. LDL cholesterol is elevated as expected, however everything else is fine. I have no deficiencies or symptoms of vitamin / mineral deficiency. Even Vitamin D was really, really high and I am an office worker that never goes outside. I live in Australia and am a native British Islander so avoid the sun so I don't get skin cancer - I'm really pale. Vitamin D should be 60-70 at the end of summer and my Vitamin D is 85 at the start of Winter

This is interesting, even if it's not ideal. But you do you man. Should be good for bulking though haha. I also love spicy food and hot sauce; it makes having the same foods/meats every day much more enjoyable.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Gonna invite some guys who I bet may be interested:

Diet based 100% on meat:
    @rtmilburn , @MrKleen73 , @Nac , @Whisky , @HIT4ME , @SFreed , @kenpoengineer , @justhere4comm
    in.

5. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    But do you think they'd turn down a burger (with the bun and some lettuce) if you offered it to them? Or some rice, pasta, oats, potatoes, etc. Haha, let's be real man; any group of people who ate almost exclusively meat did so due to what was readily available to eat, not out of some belief that it was the healthiest option there is. I know you're just kidding though, so it's all good.

What about seasoning/spices/sauces? Any herbs would technically not be meat/flesh, so would invalidate the "100% carnivore thing" if we want to be ULTRA technical.
    So...would a vegetarian turn down a burger? I am not saying this is ideal, but I do find it interesting how if someone says they are vegan, most people find that totally acceptable and healthy - but doing the opposite is obviously unbalanced even though people have done that too.

I think these extreme situations can teach us a lot. Sometimes we learn something we don't expect.

And it is interesting to see what people can stick to on sheer will sometimes. It's a window into humanity itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPowell View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I was promised "carnivore" and now, after I've bought in, I am hearing about cheese and chili peppers? The cheese is a bend...but chili peppers are definitively not carnivore.

If this keeps up I will have to unsubscribe.

(Heavy sarcasm for muscleupchron's broken meter)
    •   

6. I want to see if OP can gain lean mass this way. Its basically an "overly strict ketogenic diet", right?
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

7. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I want to see if OP can gain lean mass this way. Its basically an "overly strict ketogenic diet", right?
    Have you ever seen a fat Lion?

8. Is scurvy still a thing?
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

9. Quote Originally Posted by SkRaw85 View Post

10. $hit. Alright then....

11. Quote Originally Posted by SkRaw85 View Post
    There is this bro-science that you can't (or hardly can) gain muscles on a keto diet. Has to do with insulin response to carbs and whatnot. Wanna see if its true.

12. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Is scurvy still a thing?
    Yes it is lol i knew a guy who got scurvy a couple years ago eating nothing but hot dogs and top ramen for Months lol

13. Quote Originally Posted by SkRaw85 View Post
    Have you ever seen a billion dollars? No? Must not exist then.

Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Is scurvy still a thing?
    Lmao.

But...it's a valid question.

14. Quote Originally Posted by SkRaw85 View Post
    Have you ever seen a fat pirate? Scurvy and scabbie, but not fat. Maybe there's something to this.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

15. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    So...would a vegetarian turn down a burger? I am not saying this is ideal, but I do find it interesting how if someone says they are vegan, most people find that totally acceptable and healthy - but doing the opposite is obviously unbalanced even though people have done that too.

I think these extreme situations can teach us a lot. Sometimes we learn something we don't expect.

And it is interesting to see what people can stick to on sheer will sometimes. It's a window into humanity itself.

I was promised "carnivore" and now, after I've bought in, I am hearing about cheese and chili peppers? The cheese is a bend...but chili peppers are definitively not carnivore.

If this keeps up I will have to unsubscribe.

(Heavy sarcasm for muscleupchron's broken meter)
    I donít think strict 100% vegetarian is anywhere close to ideal either haha. Many people think that it is, but I donít. Any far extreme should only be taken out of necessity. If all you have to eat is meat, then eat only meat. If your faith tells you not to eat meat, then donít eat it, but donít pretend that itís the healthiest option. Moderation my friend.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    There is this bro-science that you can't (or hardly can) gain muscles on a keto diet. Has to do with insulin response to carbs and whatnot. Wanna see if its true.
    I havenít heard this. Assuming a caloric surplus and sufficient protein intake, gaining muscle is doable. Perhaps for elite level bodybuilders it could be a challenge, but it should be doable for most people.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

17. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Have you ever seen a fat pirate? Scurvy and scabbie, but not fat. Maybe there's something to this.
    Name:  27A4BE92-3AA7-415A-90F6-8C2F5ECEFB9C-468-0000001D78FC69F0.jpeg
Views: 23
Size:  61.6 KB
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

18. ^^^^ LMAO !!!!

19. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Yes it is lol i knew a guy who got scurvy a couple years ago eating nothing but hot dogs and top ramen for Months lol
    Did he at least cook the ramen using his dirty hot dog water for maximal gains?

20. Quote Originally Posted by SkRaw85 View Post
    No he wasnt worried about gains lol he was one of them not-bigs

21. Quote Originally Posted by SkRaw85 View Post
    Eww
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

22. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Eww
    Agreed. Two sickest substances known to mankind.

23. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    I don’t think strict 100% vegetarian is anywhere close to ideal either haha. Many people think that it is, but I don’t. Any far extreme should only be taken out of necessity. If all you have to eat is meat, then eat only meat. If your faith tells you not to eat meat, then don’t eat it, but don’t pretend that it’s the healthiest option. Moderation my friend.
    Yeah, I figured that. I like to take my moderation in moderation though.

But yeah - I get what you are saying about the look at me thing. That's how I feel about vegans. And this may not be different. But this diet may at least give some gainz!!!

24. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Yeah, I figured that. I like to take my moderation in moderation though.

But this diet may at least give some gainz!!!
    Or not.

25. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    You don't need a huge insulin spike to gain muscle. The carbohydrate my body is making from gluconeogenesis is likely enough to trigger an insulin / glut4 response. My glycogen stores are full as far as I am aware - I do not feel flat and typical glycolytic activity like 8 sets of 15 reps on squats are being achieved just as easily as when I was eating a lot of carbohydrate

I think as long as glycogen stores are kept full there should be no issue with building muscle and muscle memory is giving me good strong gain so far. Bare in mind that my diet isn't "ketogenic". I may or may not be in ketosis I have no idea but that is not the point. The meat I am eating is typically 10-15% fat where as traditional ketogenic diets are 50-70% fat. I'm eating upwards of 400g of protein a day so there is likely a lot of gluconeogenesis going on to restore and add glycogen
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carnivore & Beta-BCAA STACK! Promo - 10 testers wanted
    By aflexaholic in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 09:43 PM
  2. Carnivor: Beef Protein
    By joelast in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 01:40 AM
  3. carnivor is this worth looking in to?
    By djbombsquad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 08:57 PM