Transcending the mind and body log!

Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Honestly, not interested. I know enough about psychedelic drugs and about some useful uses too, like psilocybin for cluster headache. I'm pretty sure that some experiences can be life altering. IMHO it does not reveal anything useful (like a machine to create anti-gravity) -but I agree it could change someones subjective perspective on life in an either positive -or negative way. As a realist, I object to notions like "divine", "spiritual", "metaphysical", "esoteric" and "paranormal".

    A short story a friend told me about his LSD trip: When I walked through the city of Frankfurt, a skyscraper bent down and said to my ear "My elevator is broken."

    I can understand that, that very interesting too since you seemed like a pretty enlightened individual, in the sense that you know what youíre doing, you do what you have to do, and your having fun. From what Iíve read Julius Evola says that psychedelics are for certain people and not for everyone, I wouldnít know the difference between one and the other but I can only assume the relative factor would be introverted people vs extroverted people.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by CJNator View Post
    I can understand that, that very interesting too since you seemed like a pretty enlightened individual, in the sense that you know what you’re doing, you do what you have to do, and your having fun. From what I’ve read Julius Evola says that psychedelics are for certain people and not for everyone, I wouldn’t know the difference between one and the other but I can only assume the relative factor would be introverted people vs extroverted people.
    I never used hallucinogenic drugs. The truth is, I'm too afraid of what my subconscious will come up with. I definitely have some deep buried monsters I don't want to meet, LOL.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I never used hallucinogenic drugs. The truth is, I'm too afraid of what my subconscious will come up with. I definitely have some deep buried monsters I don't want to meet, LOL.
    Well I can tell you this, thereís nothing to fear. Fearing the unknown limits your capabilities, embracing it gives you power that you wouldnít believe you have. You have nothing to lose, if you truly want to find something greater then yourself you will. The fear you have is normal, the fear is subconsciously trapped in the minds of humans in my opinion. I think humans know the power psychedelics have but fear it since it may have assisted in the evolution to where we are now(actual theory, the stones ape theory). If itís power you want, you can only find it with something greater then yourself, the world limits your capabilities. Youíre mindset is perfect to be honest, your just need to change your perspective and everything will be alright. You have nothing to worry about, the world will be the same place you left. Itíll probably shift your mentality from tribal realism to divine imperialism, anyways if you have read any or most holy books the spirituality of your trip will transcend your mind into the heavens and youíll come back down feeling like a God, only through constant mediation can you retain that spirituality but youíll still never be the same but you will have experience all the knowledge of the universe in a couple of hours. Youíre issues will feel like nothing and youíll crushed them the 2.5 lbs plates lol. I only know this because I know someone who have taken this stuff, just want to put that out there.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by CJNator View Post
    Well I can tell you this, there’s nothing to fear. Fearing the unknown limits your capabilities, embracing it gives you power that you wouldn’t believe you have. You have nothing to lose, if you truly want to find something greater then yourself you will. The fear you have is normal, the fear is subconsciously trapped in the minds of humans in my opinion. I think humans know the power psychedelics have but fear it since it may have assisted in the evolution to where we are now(actual theory, the stones ape theory). If it’s power you want, you can only find it with something greater then yourself, the world limits your capabilities. You’re mindset is perfect to be honest, your just need to change your perspective and everything will be alright. You have nothing to worry about, the world will be the same place you left. It’ll probably shift your mentality from tribal realism to divine imperialism, anyways if you have read any or most holy books the spirituality of your trip will transcend your mind into the heavens and you’ll come back down feeling like a God, only through constant mediation can you retain that spirituality but you’ll still never be the same but you will have experience all the knowledge of the universe in a couple of hours. You’re issues will feel like nothing and you’ll crushed them the 2.5 lbs plates lol. I only know this because I know someone who have taken this stuff, just want to put that out there.
    I'm not really in need to release any fears -or insecurities as of yet and my interest in "spiritual" thingies is null. I would contemplate taking mushrooms if I had a sudden mental illness, to scramble my brain chemistry around, hoping for a positive outcome.
    Taking some stuff and coming out as a always smiling, "enlightened" hippie, would be horrific for me and my wife. I'm sure she would leave me on the spot -or shoot me out of pity, lol.
    For others it may be hard to explain -but even if a god/master/creator revealed him/her self to me, I would not worship him/her. That makes me an hypothetical anti-deist. Hypothetical, because my believe is: non exist. Give me the power of a god -and I'll make a world way better than this one, the list for improvements is longer than any holy book.
    Most people are looking for a "meaning of life" and purpose, thinking they are special, everything is made for them and should be revealed somehow. I put that behind when I was in my early teens.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I'm not really in need to release any fears -or insecurities as of yet and my interest in "spiritual" thingies is null. I would contemplate taking mushrooms if I had a sudden mental illness, to scramble my brain chemistry around, hoping for a positive outcome.
    Taking some stuff and coming out as a always smiling, "enlightened" hippie, would be horrific for me and my wife. I'm sure she would leave me on the spot -or shoot me out of pity, lol.
    For others it may be hard to explain -but even if a god/master/creator revealed him/her self to me, I would not worship him/her. That makes me an hypothetical anti-deist. Hypothetical, because my believe is: non exist. Give me the power of a god -and I'll make a world way better than this one, the list for improvements is longer than any holy book.
    Most people are looking for a "meaning of life" and purpose, thinking they are special, everything is made for them and should be revealed somehow. I put that behind when I was in my early teens.
    What if I told you that the ultimate end of enlightenment is worshipping yourself . Also hippies are hedonistic degenerates, they are so god damn simple minded, I totally understand that fear lmaoo but I know you wonít become one; you donít seem simple minded at all. If your goal is to be a aesthetic man then psychedelics can show you the path, Iím am not saying you donít know how to become one, Iím just saying that itíll help you achieve your goal.

    Btw Iím not trying to sell you on doing psychedelics lol I just enjoy conversations beyond normal conversations.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by CJNator View Post
    What if I told you that the ultimate end of enlightenment is worshipping yourself . Also hippies are hedonistic degenerates, they are so god damn simple minded, I totally understand that fear lmaoo but I know you won’t become one; you don’t seem simple minded at all. If your goal is to be a aesthetic man then psychedelics can show you the path, I’m am not saying you don’t know how to become one, I’m just saying that it’ll help you achieve your goal.

    Btw I’m not trying to sell you on doing psychedelics lol I just enjoy conversations beyond normal conversations.
    Maybe I neglected my mental well being (call it spirituality, if you want) -and a trip could put me more of ease and enjoy life a bit more.
    Have some friends who are psychonauts, who may assist me in that.
    Well, worshiping myself would make me more of an self righteous azz that I'm already are. Don't want to go that route, haha!
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Maybe I neglected my mental well being (call it spirituality, if you want) -and a trip could put me more of ease and enjoy life a bit more.
    Have some friends who are psychonauts, who may assist me in that.
    Well, worshiping myself would make me more of an self righteous azz that I'm already are. Don't want to go that route, haha!
    Well Buddhists worship themselves, the self is not what you think. I donít mean the ego but the metaphysical part that keeps man creating things. Through creation thereís destruction and through destruction thereís creation, both seem to be the same but the aesthetics are different, one is esoteric and the other is exoteric, the non duality of man is creation and destruction. Life can only get better, perspective is happiness and sadness, nothing else can change your emotion but how you see things. My friend isnít a psychonaut, he just loves knowledge that can benefit whomever he crosses paths with whether itís on the internet or in real life. As you can tell he passes this knowledge on to me lol.

  8. Btw another friend just put me on to this https://thechickenpound.com

  9. Quote Originally Posted by CJNator View Post
    Well Buddhists worship themselves, the self is not what you think. I don’t mean the ego but the metaphysical part that keeps man creating things. Through creation there’s destruction and through destruction there’s creation, both seem to be the same but the aesthetics are different, one is esoteric and the other is exoteric, the non duality of man is creation and destruction. Life can only get better, perspective is happiness and sadness, nothing else can change your emotion but how you see things. My friend isn’t a psychonaut, he just loves knowledge that can benefit whomever he crosses paths with whether it’s on the internet or in real life. As you can tell he passes this knowledge on to me lol.
    I figured that one out too. You need unhappiness to feel happiness. Happiness is overcoming unhappiness, like relief from pain after a dentist visit.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by CJNator View Post
    Btw another friend just put me on to this https://thechickenpound.com

    Not only preparation of poultry matters, having a farm and home grown chicken, I believe I can taste the difference between different breeds too! I like most my own Austral Orp's, they are darker in meat and taste way better!

    Edit: No such place where I live...sadly
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Not only preparation of poultry matters, having a farm and home grown chicken, I believe I can taste the difference between different breeds too! I like most my own Austral Orp's, they are darker in meat and taste way better!

    Edit: No such place where I live...sadly
    Really? Damn thatís interesting, hopefully the chicken is prepared well lol I personally care about taste to an extent. I try not to let taste from stopping me from eat what I need to eat but hell Iím human lol.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I figured that one out too. You need unhappiness to feel happiness. Happiness is overcoming unhappiness, like relief from pain after a dentist visit.
    Lmao thatís definitely a fact, yea the non duality of life is interesting. It keeps things interesting too.
  13. Transcending the mind and body log!


    Ate too much two nights ago and my stomach is messed up, gladly thereís no blood in my poop so itís all good lol the pain sucks though. Iím tired as hell today but I did my best, for deadlift I did 335 for 10, 7, and then 5. For leg press I did 10, 12, then 8. After I did the hammer strength lay pulldown with 90 on each side, 15, 12, then 8. Lastly I did isolated leg extensions, 80 for each leg, I just jumped from one leg to the other do 10, 8, than 6. Might go jogging after or just read lol who knows.i

    Name:  IMG_1325.JPG
Views: 14
Size:  281.3 KB

  14. Quote Originally Posted by CJNator View Post
    Lmao that’s definitely a fact, yea the non duality of life is interesting. It keeps things interesting too.
    Take away the toy of a child -let it cry a bit. Then give the toy back. See? Instant happiness (but growing distrust in humanity). LOL
    That is why I don't believe in everlasting bliss, like the preposterous portrayal of heaven after dead. If everything is fine forever, boredom will come and subsequently misery, even if it takes a few hundred years. I would propose cycling hell, for a cruise, then blasting with a few weeks of heaven.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Take away the toy of a child -let it cry a bit. Then give the toy back. See? Instant happiness (but growing distrust in humanity). LOL
    That is why I don't believe in everlasting bliss, like the preposterous portrayal of heaven after dead. If everything is fine forever, boredom will come and subsequently misery, even if it takes a few hundred years. I would propose cycling hell, for a cruise, then blasting with a few weeks of heaven.
    Well for the average person life is positive and negative but for monks itís most likely a plain and boring but they maintain a ďspiritual highĒ or transcended mind. Hereís a interesting story https://www.ramdass.org/ram-dass-giv...yogi-medicine/

  16. Quote Originally Posted by CJNator View Post
    Well for the average person life is positive and negative but for monks it’s most likely a plain and boring but they maintain a “spiritual high” or transcended mind. Here’s a interesting story https://www.ramdass.org/ram-dass-giv...yogi-medicine/
    Oh,oh...
    IMO, monks are desperately trying to please their invisible master (or in abscence of a deity their doctrine), to archive a reward after death -or not to be reborn -or to go to nirvana.
    I consider such behavior, besides deluded, as selfish. They often are a burden to society, mostly begging all day, while uttering nonsense.
    They are no fountain of any wisdom, only to those who are feeble minded and never read a good book.
    Its my firm stance that we need more education, critical thinking and science, rather than ridiculous beliefs. Flip-flop wearing dudes, living seclusive in castles -beating a gong, lighting candles, loop-reading bronze age scripts or begging on the streets are no asset to civilization at all.

    Now, Ayurveda in medicine is really interesting -and surprisingly, some of the old teachings have a deeper truth, but every old civilization found at least some useful herbs that worked, right?
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Oh,oh...
    IMO, monks are desperately trying to please their invisible master (or in abscence of a deity their doctrine), to archive a reward after death -or not to be reborn -or to go to nirvana.
    I consider such behavior, besides deluded, as selfish. They often are a burden to society, mostly begging all day, while uttering nonsense.
    They are no fountain of any wisdom, only to those who are feeble minded and never read a good book.
    Its my firm stance that we need more education, critical thinking and science, rather than ridiculous beliefs. Flip-flop wearing dudes, living seclusive in castles -beating a gong, lighting candles, loop-reading bronze age scripts or begging on the streets are no asset to civilization at all.

    Now, Ayurveda in medicine is really interesting -and surprisingly, some of the old teachings have a deeper truth, but every old civilization found at least some useful herbs that worked, right?
    I agree I do believe science is the future but without any absolute principle(s), it will be ran into the dirt. This is why we canít totally throw away old age religions, all societies that held a higher power accountable for their success was powerful and plentiful. Obviously lack of knowledge had each other at their throats like savages but society was still good and each class had their freedoms. Without religion in the US it would probably become what Europe is now. Old religions sound non sensical and their traditions may be out of the norm but traditions keep people from embracing hedonism and destroying their society. Science and philosophy have done more to destroy society then any religion has done. Science has no moral retrains, science proves things and society dictates whether or not itís acceptable. In the US capitalistic democracy, capitalism thrives on hedonism, lack of morals, lack of restrain, submissiveness, femininity, and social progressivism(which would sum up everything I said lol).

    Science says everything that feels good is normal, butt sex for everyone! Now the only moral argument against religion is Islam because they are just a bunch of Nazis but this is the non duality of the nature of things. Yin would be Christianity and Yang would be Islam, the center would be Satanism.

  18. double post... deleted.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by CJNator View Post
    I agree I do believe science is the future but without any absolute principle(s), it will be ran into the dirt. This is why we canít totally throw away old age religions, all societies that held a higher power accountable for their success was powerful and plentiful. Obviously lack of knowledge had each other at their throats like savages but society was still good and each class had their freedoms. Without religion in the US it would probably become what Europe is now. Old religions sound non sensical and their traditions may be out of the norm but traditions keep people from embracing hedonism and destroying their society. Science and philosophy have done more to destroy society then any religion has done. Science has no moral retrains, science proves things and society dictates whether or not itís acceptable. In the US capitalistic democracy, capitalism thrives on hedonism, lack of morals, lack of restrain, submissiveness, femininity, and social progressivism(which would sum up everything I said lol).

    Science says everything that feels good is normal, butt sex for everyone! Now the only moral argument against religion is Islam because they are just a bunch of Nazis but this is the non duality of the nature of things. Yin would be Christianity and Yang would be Islam, the center would be Satanism.
    You are right, religion was always a tool for who is in power -and probably is somehow necessary, like K.Marx said: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".
    I give religion no credit at all for scientific -or any advancement, as I can't think of any religious motivated invention, besides big azz monuments to impress the populace, tombs and torture tools.
    Digging into moral will get us too deep into a rabbit hole. Trust me. I watched countless public discussions out there, not one was decided in favor of religion.


    On the other hand -and to push this conversation in another direction, IMHO war is the father of science. Sad but true.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    You are right, religion was always a tool for who is in power -and probably is somehow necessary, like K.Marx said: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".
    I give religion no credit at all for scientific -or any advancement, as I can't think of any religious motivated invention, besides big azz monuments to impress the populace, tombs and torture tools.
    Digging into moral will get us too deep into a rabbit hole. Trust me. I watched countless public discussions out there, not one was decided in favor of religion.


    On the other hand -and to push this conversation in another direction, IMHO war is the father of science. Sad but true.
    Oh I totally agree, science is totally necessary for war, we canít crush any of our enemies without it. Especially Islam, not giving them any props when saying this but they are an exoteric imperial race. Theyíve flooded Europe and are turning it upside down. Iíd like to optimistically see an Absolute Technocracy for the future of America, this would force other countries to peacefully assimilate via cultural imperialism.

    Also you canít have science without religion, science is about finding the truth and religion is about accepting a truth. To deny religion as a truth leads us to science. To deny scienceís truths leads us to religion. Non duality .

    Also yea morals are social constructs create by culture, there is only logical and illogical.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    You are right, religion was always a tool for who is in power -and probably is somehow necessary, like K.Marx said: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".
    I give religion no credit at all for scientific -or any advancement, as I can't think of any religious motivated invention, besides big azz monuments to impress the populace, tombs and torture tools.
    Digging into moral will get us too deep into a rabbit hole. Trust me. I watched countless public discussions out there, not one was decided in favor of religion.


    On the other hand -and to push this conversation in another direction, IMHO war is the father of science. Sad but true.
    Name:  IMG_1978.JPG
Views: 13
Size:  284.1 KB War is apart of life, no need to reject it. War is death and life, the warriors feel free on the battlefield, the only thing they need to do is survive and kill the enemy. When life is boiled down to strict survival then thatís when the warrior is free.

  22. I would love to say: "I'm a pacifist." But I'm not. Pacifists get slaughtered first in a conflict. Neither am I a humanist, as I see my fellow species as a evolutionary "dead end" and I have little interest in fostering the survival of humankind as a whole (not talking family or friends), because it only accelerates its demise.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I would love to say: "I'm a pacifist." But I'm not. Pacifists get slaughtered first in a conflict. Neither am I a humanist, as I see my fellow species as a evolutionary "dead end" and I have little interest in fostering the survival of humankind as a whole (not talking family or friends), because it only accelerates its demise.
    Well if youíre life is strictly committed to your family and friends then Iíd say youíre a tribalist. I agree it does, but thereís really no way of escaping it though. Even if you donít choose a side youíre choosing a side.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by CJNator View Post
    Well if you’re life is strictly committed to your family and friends then I’d say you’re a tribalist. I agree it does, but there’s really no way of escaping it though. Even if you don’t choose a side you’re choosing a side.
    Tribalist, sounds good to me!
    I'm on the winners side. Nature.

    Challenge for you:

    I saw probably 80% of all vids of that channel, beat me! Hehehe!

    https://www.youtube.com/user/CloserToTruth1/videos
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Tribalist, sounds good to me!
    I'm on the winners side. Nature.

    Challenge for you:

    I saw probably 80% of all vids of that channel, beat me! Hehehe!

    https://www.youtube.com/user/CloserToTruth1/videos
    Iíll start watching their videos, Iím going just just ask you to watch this one video and if you like it you should watch the rest https://youtu.be/f-wWBGo6a2w
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Drewsicle3210 breaking from supps, rehabbing the mind and
    By drewsicle3210 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-27-2014, 08:30 PM
  2. Xpand your mind and body XTREME!
    By MrBigPR in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 06:28 PM
  3. The ONE and only log (Sponsered)
    By tattoopierced1 in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 12:30 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 03:04 AM
  5. Best of the mind and muscle forums 3-16-07!
    By Quinc in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Log in
Log in