LOST!! Oconns trying to find some abs

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Well I’ve enjoyed the winter months of “bulking” and working on my strength gainzzz. I’ve been running 5/3/1 for the first time and my numbers have seriously improved in my 4 major lifts. I’ll admit my diet wasn’t nearly as clean as it should have been but whatever now it’s time to make up for it.

I’m 6 days into cutting and I’ll be weighing in Monday mornings and doing picture updates.

Starting Weight - for 196.2

Goal Weight - No set number but guessing around 185lbs for this run

Supplements - I have a bunch that I’ll be using that I just have around

Daily’s
- Trumulti
- Vit D
- Vit C
- Probiotic
- Epilogue (28 days remaining)
- Ergonine
-Azoth (running 1 bottle)

Fat Burners
- Radiate
- Red Sky
- Cannibal Carnage
- Cannibal Claw
- Bloodshred Raw

Diet
- Calories - 2900
- Macros - 30% Protein 45% Carbs 25% Fat

Training
- 5/3/1 Style (I’ve been hooked up with a great looking program from a very helpful person on here. I’m expecting/hoping for some serious changes in my schedule coming up so I’ve decided not to switch training up just yet. Also I’m still progressing with 5/3/1 so if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

What to Expect
- I will most likely update a few times per week. I’ll share what supps I used that day and anything special I notice from them. I am by no means a high level fitness athlete, just a regular guy father of 3. Living and learning daily so I’m open to any suggestions

Thanks!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
IMG_6995.jpg

Definitely got carried away “bulking” I did get some nice strength gains and PRs!

Last edited:
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will follow along...I am cutting as well!

About to turn it up a notch though with clenbuterol :)

I am approximately 2 weeks into AZOTH too...what are your impressions of that product?

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I will follow along...I am cutting as well!

About to turn it up a notch though with clenbuterol :)

I am approximately 2 weeks into AZOTH too...what are your impressions of that product?
Thanks!

Honestly I’m not sure yet. I haven’t really noticed any acute feelings towards it but I guess that’s not really the purpose of it.

Although I’m not sure if it’s just placebo effect or not but I have been on a roll getting stuff done lol.

What are your thoughts?

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Training - 5/3/1 Bench with Shoulders

Bench - 5x205, 3x225, 2x250

A- Machine Shoulder Press - 15x95 per arm, 13+2x95, 11+4x95
A- KB Swings - 10 per arm x 16kgx3

Inc Hammer Press - 10x70, 10x70, 8+2x70

B- Side Cable Raise -15x15x3
B- Pushups to Failure -25, 18, 18

Front Plate Raise - 22x25lbs, 15+7x25, 15+7x25

Rope PD - 10x50-42.5-35-30-25
(10 reps, drop weight and continue)

Pwo - HyperMax
Intra - Endure

Thoughts -

Super happy! Bench is a PR for me! Felt so jacked after this workout. Second time using HyperMax and I am a fan! I’ll be purchasing a tub!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks!

Honestly I’m not sure yet. I haven’t really noticed any acute feelings towards it but I guess that’s not really the purpose of it.

Although I’m not sure if it’s just placebo effect or not but I have been on a roll getting stuff done lol.

What are your thoughts?
Yeah, it definitely is a very subtle supplement...maybe I have been in a better mood lately? Certainly not worse....

One thing seems to be that my nads are more plump and my loads have increased as well. Phosphatidylserine Is supposed to do that and it actually seems to be true!

Maybe that is why there is an improvement in mood and I could probably just take phosphatidylserine:)

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Monday

Weight - 194.2

Training - 5/3/1 Deadlifts plus Legs

Deadlifts - 5x300, 3x335, 1x370

A- Leg Press - 7x450-8x360-11x270
A- Leg Press Calves - 10x450-11x360-13x270

BB Rows - 2x8x185

Notes - I didn’t have much time so just powered one out. I was tempted to throw 405 on the Deadlifts and go for it but decided to stick with the program and be patient

Wednesday Feb 21

Training - 5/3/1 - OHP plus Chest
OHP- 5x125, 3x140, 1x155

A- CG Bench- 12x145, 12x155, 12x155
A- Bentover Lateral Raise- 3x12x22.5

B- DB Front Raise- 3x10x35
B- Pushups to Failure- 21, 18, 19

2 Handed Plate Raise- 25x25, 25x25
Row Machine - 500m - 1:51

Suppz
Pwo - Titan and Permaswole
Pwo - Epilogue
Pwo - Ergonine
Intra - Endure

Throughout the day - Cannibal Carnage
Other - Azoth - 3 capsules

Notes - Pretty good workout. I missed yesterday due to working a confined space rescue job 12 hour shift plus 1 hour commute each way in horrible fog. During a few hours of the shift I walked 4 miles pacing in a 20 foot long section

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Off the top of my head just to tag a few people that have helped me during my time on AM. booneman77 The Solution Mowglisml dougefresh93 pyrobatt Jebrook

Gridles

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd kill it man... hoping to get some motivation from this

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
2018 - year of the abs!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been summoned... your lifts have gotten way better. Those deadlifts.. i remember when we had similar numbers haha

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Training - 5/3/1 Squats plus Back

Started at 5am for a swim. In the pool for roughly a 1/2 hour. I’m not a good swimmer so it’s very tiring for me. Drove down the road to the next gym to hit the weights.

Squats- 5x225, 3x255, 1x280

A- Wide Lat Pulldown - 3x12x160
A- Calf Machine - 3x12x250

B- Low Cable Seated Rows - 3x12x160
B- Kneeling Leg Curl - 3x12x80

C- DB Pullover - 3x12x50
C- DB Alternating Shrugs - 3x15x70

Pre Swim- Ergonine
Pwo- HyperMax
Intra- IntraMax

Throughout the day I’ll have 2lites of Hydracharge 2 scoops then probably some Cannibal Carna. Also my Azoth at some point.

Notes- I have been feeling super comfortable under the weights this week. Azoth claims to improve confidence and I really think it has. I don’t know if I’ve ever felt this comfortable and feeling like I could put more weight on the bar. Hard to explain it. Workout felt great so added a gym selfy in!

HyperMax Review coming soon

IMG_7003.jpg

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I have been summoned... your lifts have gotten way better. Those deadlifts.. i remember when we had similar numbers haha
5/3/1 worked great for my restricted schedule. Thanks for coming in though! This notification issue has caused me to fall behind on your log and some other threads

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oconns28
Why does it look like you lost 10 lbs in 4 days!!

Also, I always look bloated AF post workout...not the case with you...

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dude you already look significantly in better shape!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anabolic Lighting. Proven Broscientific bronomenon! Damn near found your abs six days into the log. Lol
I know...they are already back! That was fun...

So what’s you next log going to be Oconns28 ?

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know...they are already back! That was fun...

So what’s you next log going to be Oconns28 ?
Lmao! Fasted log and results ever. You are going to have to, in very fine detail, explain everything that you did.. you concocted the 6 day emergency pool transformation.
Don’t leave anything out..

Thanks

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Lol I guess my start was misleading and I wasn’t clear. The first pics posted are from day 1 of my cut/recomp and not day 1 of the log. So today’s pic is 10 days after those first 3

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was an early swim and went to do some arms and HIIT but just didn’t have it. Been a little sick as well so resting today and maybe tomorrow as well.

I’m contemplating a HUGE stressful decision....a stim break! At the very least I’m thinking of putting my next level stims away for a while....like Re1gn, Bloodshot, Radiate, Red Sky, Ferox. It’s going to be a rough time but taking serious stims that these and not getting a boost at all probably isn’t a good thing.

It’s going to be a struggle!!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yesterday was an early swim and went to do some arms and HIIT but just didn’t have it. Been a little sick as well so resting today and maybe tomorrow as well.

I’m contemplating a HUGE stressful decision....a stim break! At the very least I’m thinking of putting my next level stims away for a while....like Re1gn, Bloodshot, Radiate, Red Sky, Ferox. It’s going to be a rough time but taking serious stims that these and not getting a boost at all probably isn’t a good thing.

It’s going to be a struggle!!!
Yeah those are pretty much the best of the best. If they don’t get you boosted its def time

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Yeah those are pretty much the best of the best. If they don’t get you boosted its def time
Lol yep. I’m going to aim for a month break from the big ones. Not sure how long yet for regular caffeine. I might be starting a new job working 5pm to 3am and my current average wake up time is 4-4:30 am so basically I’m going to need to slip my schedule around and caffeine might be required lol.

I might buy some solid regular stim preworkouts like Pre-Kaged.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Juat tone down the caffeine a bit. I did that and when i tried some of the pre’s i didn’t touch for a fee weeks they hit hard as hell

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lol yep. I’m going to aim for a month break from the big ones. Not sure how long yet for regular caffeine. I might be starting a new job working 5pm to 3am and my current average wake up time is 4-4:30 am so basically I’m going to need to slip my schedule around and caffeine might be required lol.

I might buy some solid regular stim preworkouts like Pre-Kaged.
Best way to flip your schedule is to try to stay awake for at least a full day (24hr). You’ll be so tired you can sleep anytime and once you do that will fast track the new schedule.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Well weighed in today at 194 so the same as last week. I’m ok with this as last week was my heavy week and I was setting PR’s all over the place!

Training - Woke up at 4:25 with my youngest, went swimming for 5:15, second gym at 6. Today I hit my chest and shoulders workout today with a usual 5lb increase on my 5/3/1 program.

Preworkout - Ergonine, Permaswole and Epilogue

Notes - oh man did I miss my stims this morning!! I know I should have just scaled back slowly on the stims but I thought f it I’m not dependent on them. Well man did I struggle with this workout.

I’m going to take it easy this week, maybe just 1 or 2 workouts. My body is yelling at me for an easy week. Adding the caffeine withdrawal on top of that I’ve just been so tired the last 2 days.

No picture update this week. I think every 2 weeks will be best.

I’ll also be cutting my calories down to 2750 to see how that goes.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ughh...I feel like shyt just reading about stim breaks..

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Hey sorry for not being so active in here. Life is kicking my butt right now. The combination of some big stress in my life, my body screaming at me to not push super hard in the gym and adding the stim break I’ve been exhausted this week.

I went to the gym yesterday just to hit some upper body work. I pushed but was sure to leave a rep or two in the tank. I also went swimming this morning for about 45 minutes.

As much as I want to be ripped life is taking over and some rest and recovery needs to come first. I’m hoping I’ll be ready to rock again by Monday.

Weight was 193.2 yesterday

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
••Training••

5/3/1 Bench with Shoulders

Bench - 5x185, 5x205, 5x230

A- Machine Shoulder Press - 3x12x100
A- KB Swings -N/A

Inc Hammer Press -2x90 into 8x50 after second set

B- Side Cable Raise - 2x20x12.5
B- Pushups to Failure -22,15

Front Plate Raise -2x25x25

Rope PD - N/A

••Preworkout••
- Quake 2 scoops

••Intra••
- Endure

••Weight••
- N/A

••Notes••

Ohh Stella got her groove back!! 8 days was long enough without caffeine! First time using quake and it was pretty good! Earlier in the week I did this same workout and couldn’t hit my 5x230, I did 4+1 but today I knocked out the 5th rep! Feeling good!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
••Training••

5/3/1 - Deadlift plus Legs

Deadlift - 5x275, 5x310, 5x345
A- Leg Press - 3x8x450
A- Leg Press Calves - 3x10x450
A- Pull-ups 10, 8, 8

BB Rows - 3x8x185

••Preworkout••
- Pre-Kaged

••Intra••
- Monster Amino sample

••Weight••

••Notes••
- Pretty decent workout. Not a lot to say about it. Happy my weight is dropping at a reasonable rate.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
••Training••
- Just some swimming today. 30 minutes

Post swim pic
IMG_7062.JPG

I need to get rid of that spare tire stuck around my waist!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Family is sick again so daddy/husband duty is trumping gym life! Oh well hopefully get back to it tomorrow for some squats!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
••Training••
- Didn’t go as planned. Just a 5am swim this morning.

••Supplements••
- Epilogue
- Ergonine
- Trumulti
- Cannibal Carnage
- Cannibal Claw. I’ve had it around for a while and figured might as well give it a go!

••Notes••
- I WILL squat tomorrow!!! Missing these days are killing me mentally!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Looking good brother. Just pesky subcutaneous fat stores to lose. Nothing you can’t do:)
Thanks man! I’m feeling pretty good! I know I just need to stay patient and consistent!

It just snowed here again today so I still have time to get ready for shirtless riding lawnmower season haha

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
••Training••
5/3/1 Squats plus Back

Squats- 5x205, 5x225, 5x255

A- V Bar Pulldown - 3x12x160
A- Calf Machine - 3x10x270

B- Low Cable Seated Rows - 3x8x180
B- Kneeling Leg Curl - 3x10x85

C- DB Pullover - 3x12x55
C- DB Alternating Shrugs - 3x15x70

••Preworkout••
- Quake

••Intra••
- Permaswole and Hydracharge

••Weight••
- N/A

••Notes••
- The stim break was worth it! Quake had me ready to rock tonight! I got the kids to bed and was motivated to get my workout in! Felt great!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
••Training••

5/3/1 Bench with Shoulders

Bench - 3x195, 3x215, 3x240

A- DB Shoulder Press - 3x15x50
A- KB Swings -N/A

Inc Hammer Press -2x12x70 final drop 7x50

B- Side Cable Raise - 2x15x15 drop 10x10
B- Pushups to Failure -25, 20

Front Plate Raise -2x26x25

Rope PD - N/A

••Preworkout••
- Quake

••Intra••
- Permaswole and Hydracharge

••Weight••

••Notes••

- Solid intense workout. Rest times are usually 60-90 seconds. Good sweat going just doing weights.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
••Training••

Deadlift - 3x295, 3x 330, 3x365

A- BB Rows - 3x15x135
A- Calf Raises - 3x12x290

••Preworkout••
- Pre-Kaged

••Intra••
- Hydracharge

••Daily••
- TruMulti
- Ergonine
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin C
- Epilogue

••Weight••
-N/A

••Notes••
- Decided to hit up the gym tonight but they closed at 7 so I didn’t have long. I also didn’t feel like going heavy on rows so went lighter for higher reps.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Started a new job this week and I’ve had to sit and do orientation for hours and hours. It was killing me! I did get my shoulder workout in and hit my scheduled numbers. Also hit the pool this morning for a 45 min swim. Work day will start at 4:45am tomorrow and then Monday I start night working 6pm to 4:30am.....should be fun making that switch!!

••Weight••

••Notes••
- Life is all over the place right now. Just trying to hit workouts when I can and trying to avoid fat gain

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Started a new job this week and I’ve had to sit and do orientation for hours and hours. It was killing me! I did get my shoulder workout in and hit my scheduled numbers. Also hit the pool this morning for a 45 min swim. Work day will start at 4:45am tomorrow and then Monday I start night working 6pm to 4:30am.....should be fun making that switch!!

••Weight••

••Notes••
- Life is all over the place right now. Just trying to hit workouts when I can and trying to avoid fat gain
45 minutes seems like a long swim....that would wipe me out!
Good thing your stim break is over heading into your night shift work :eek:
Is it 4 nights a week?

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
45 minutes seems like a long swim....that would wipe me out!
Good thing your stim break is over heading into your night shift work :eek:
Is it 4 nights a week?
Lol well I’m IN the pool for 45 minutes, working on my swimming and treading water but there are rest periods for sure!!

Oh yes! It’s “part time” but looks like 4 days minimum 40+ hours

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol well I’m IN the pool for 45 minutes, working on my swimming and treading water but there are rest periods for sure!!

Oh yes! It’s “part time” but looks like 4 days minimum 40+ hours
Oh..so chillin on a float for about 30 of the 45 minutes...I see ;)

Part-time? I work 3 overnight shifts a week for 12 hrs and it is considered full-time..

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
did i hear you're doing the old lady swim dance classes haha

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Oh..so chillin on a float for about 30 of the 45 minutes...I see ;)

Part-time? I work 3 overnight shifts a week for 12 hrs and it is considered full-time..
Lol you know it! Oh man it’s a loophole that just saves them from paying me benefits. Technically any week my hours could be 0 or 40+.

did i hear you're doing the old lady swim dance classes haha
No way man! I tried one of them but they are way too tough! Lol

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Well it’s looking like my lifting schedule is going to take a big hit. My only days to truly lift will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Any suggestions on a good split that is 3 consecutive days per week and rest 4? Lol

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
••Training••
- Legs and Chest

-Squats 3x215, 3x240, 3x270
-Bench 5x210, 3x230, 1x255
-Kneeling Leg Curl 3x8x90
-Inc Hammer Press 3x12x75
-Prowler Sled Push/Pull - Up and Back x 2 x 225 for 3 sets
-Cable Fly 2x22x35 drop 20x20
-Overhead Rope Triceps 2x12x57.5
-Single Arm Pulldown 10x15-10-5

••Preworkout••
- Quake

••Intra••
- Permaswole and Gatorade

••Daily••
- TruMulti
- Ergonine
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin C
- Epilogue

••Weight••
- N/A

••Notes••
Well making the lifestyle change so started this workout around 8:30 and closed the gym at 10. Pretty happy with this workout. I believe my squats and for sure my bench are PR’s! This huge schedule change is going to be an adjustment for me. I don’t want to neglect my gym life too much but we will see how it goes.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well it’s looking like my lifting schedule is going to take a big hit. My only days to truly lift will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Any suggestions on a good split that is 3 consecutive days per week and rest 4? Lol
Push, pull, legs man! Finish with leg day and you’ll NEED those 4 off ha

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Push, pull, legs man! Finish with leg day and you’ll NEED those 4 off ha
Lol no doubt. It’s a fine line because I’ll still need to be on my feet lifting boxes from 1lb to 75lbs for 10+ hours a night. Going to kill my progress for strength but I might get lean doing this lol

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
••Training••

Deadlift - 5x315, 3x345, 1x370

OHP - 5x125, 3x140, 1x155

A bunch of other back and shoulder exercises

••Preworkout••
Pre-Kaged

••Intra••
Permaswole and Gatorade

••Daily••
- TruMulti
- Ergonine
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin C
- Epilogue

••Weight••
N/A
••Notes••
Mixing my workouts up just trying to fit them in. Successfully hit my numbers though! Workout started at 9pm tonight.
Also some pwo thoughts Quake>Pre-kaged. Quake gives me a much better energy and focus! I’d say for the rest of the stuff they are pretty close as far as workout performance and pumps go.