Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

Page 1 of 41 123 ... Last
  1. Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

Well, I’ve been a member on this board for more than half a decade at this point, so it struck me as a good idea to start logging some training here. I can’t promise you where this log is going, and I’m telling you now life will get mixed in some with the numbers, but it should be a fun ride! This isn’t a sponsored log - this is the tale of my wandering strength journey, wherever it leads: through the valleys of injury to the summits of personal victory, and all the long, winding road in between.

About me: 27, 5’10”, 230lbs, ~25% bf?

Been training seriously for 7 years now, zero athletic background, and have had a love for strength and lifting heavy since the first time I maxed out. Primarily focused on powerlifting the last 5 years, with the last year moving into more general strength training as I took up with a crew of strongmen.

Best lifts: 518 Squat w/ Sleeves, 336 Bench, 628 Deadlift, 235 Overhead
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. Subbed. Nice lifts!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by SkRaw85 View Post
    Subbed. Nice lifts!
    Thank you, I have many others I care about in my mind but those are the ones people like to hear about!
    [email protected]

4. 01/20/18

Alternated Front & Hi Bar Squat warmups up to a max single on front, then switched to reps on back

235+70 chain off ground at top
    265+70 x2
    265+105 x1

Front
    265+140 x1

Hi Bar
    265+140 x5
    285+140 x5
    305+140 x5

Axle Powerclean Once & Pushpress
    155x3x3
    165x3x3
    175x2x3

GHR
    2x15, 1x25
    [email protected]
  5. Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

01/21/18

Db Rear Delt Flyes
    15s 2x20
    20s 2x20

SLDL
    135,185,225,275,315,355x10

BB Row
    185x12
    225x10
    245x8
    265 2x6

Standing DB Strict OHP
    30,40,50,60x10
    70s 2x6

Lateral Raises
    20s 2x15
    25s 1x15
    [email protected]
    •   

6. Watching!
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

7. Hell yeah, I am in!!!!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

8. I'm in

9. Subbed bro, mainly for the pics of you in board shorts when you get down to 10% for your first men's physique show.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

10. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Subbed bro, mainly for the pics of you in board shorts when you get down to 10% for your first men's physique show.
    This
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

11. Subd to see ya grow.
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/304802-themovement-bringing-blitz

12. Welcome everyone! Glad to have the AM fam around.

Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Subbed bro, mainly for the pics of you in board shorts when you get down to 10% for your first men's physique show.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    This
    🤣🤣🤣 Man don’t hold your breath for that!

I should mention that I am in the process of leaning down to get some fat off. I don’t have a fixed body fat % in mind but I need to lose 20 lbs at least

I’m at a point in my life where if I’m ever going to be something like 250-265 I need to get at it, because I’m not going to want to be that heavy in my late 40s. And I’m fat enough now that if I just push my body weight up I’m going to just accrue way too much fat (I’m basically as fat as I can stand now). I need to clean the slate some.
    [email protected]

13. I am in!
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.

14. 01/23/18

Rear DB Flyes
    15s 2x20
    20s 2x20

Hammercurls
    15,20,25,30,35s x20

Explosive Med Ball Presses
    3x5

Bench
    160x10
    190x10
    220x12

Seated Military
    145,155,165,175 x5

Chins
    3x12, 2x8

Ab Rollouts
    2x15

Cable Tri Pressdown
    30 hard reps, 25 easy

Sitting at 230.8 post training:

[email protected]

15. Nice training layout for this workout for sure.
    Current Training Log -

16. Also lots of new size there, can't wait to see what you look like down 20 lbs!
    Current Training Log -

17. In for the Hyde Effect...

18. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Also lots of new size there, can't wait to see what you look like down 20 lbs!
    Agree. From his original post I thought he became “thick in the midsection” but no, he still has that V look.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

19. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Agree. From his original post I thought he became “thick in the midsection” but no, he still has that V look.
    Those shoulders of his are going to look ridiculous when he leans up... I think I might be jealous!
    Current Training Log -

20. Subaroo
    OLYMPUS LABS
    For product questions PM me or email:
    [email protected]

21. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nice training layout for this workout for sure.
    Chad Coy lead our training group for the last year until he just moved, and he was a profound mentor. His philosophies on warmups have definitely helped.

General warmup->Dynamic Stretching->Neural Activation->Specific warmups->Work sets

You don’t get to 4th place in Masters WSM without taking your warmups seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Also lots of new size there, can't wait to see what you look like down 20 lbs!
    Amazing what a couple years of basics focusing on progression will do.

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post

Not 8lbs ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Those shoulders of his are going to look ridiculous when he leans up... I think I might be jealous!
    Too bad my pressing is still weak
    [email protected]

22. Where'd chad move off to? And how long would you say your general warmup to work set #1 takes, roughly?
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

23. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Chad Coy lead our training group for the last year until he just moved, and he was a profound mentor. His philosophies on warmups have definitely helped.

General warmup->Dynamic Stretching->Neural Activation->Specific warmups->Work sets

You don’t get to 4th place in Masters WSM without taking your warmups seriously.

Amazing what a couple years of basics focusing on progression will do.

Not 8lbs ago lol

Too bad my pressing is still weak
    Doesn't look weak with the weight you have overhead in the picture above! Yeah those good warm ups are key. I have to get back into doing better about my warm ups. I do the General Warm Up and Specific Warm ups, but have been slacking a lot on the Dynamic stretching and Neural activation.

I think that happened almost as soon as I started focusing back on size instead of performance goals... Now I want to perform better and just have a nice aesthetic look. So it is time to start taking care of things more than just trying to make them look better. I need to start doing the warm up I was doing back then and also foam rolling my tight areas before training again.
    Current Training Log -

24. Always, always have neural activations (well since I read “The Gift of Injury”) and specific activation before lifting. It’s really been the primary driver to staying healthy!
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is strength loss inevitable when cutting?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 01:22 AM
  2. 5 Core Concepts of Strength Training
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2003, 08:52 PM
  3. Quality Strength for Human Athletic Performance
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2003, 08:38 PM
  4. Testing ab strength! O/T